PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite Play by Play guy in the SEC

Coursesuper
12-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Mine hands down Mick Huber at Fla, that "OH MY" shtick sux.

Dawgbite
12-04-2019, 12:21 PM
Yellum Kellum. Eli Gold is a close second.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Ole Yellum .

timotheus
12-04-2019, 12:31 PM
kellum

bobcat91
12-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Kellum then Gold. Never understood why folks revere Gold. Hes terrible

Maridian Dawg
12-04-2019, 03:02 PM
This isn't SEC, but I can't stand Gus Johnson on Fox.

Coursesuper
12-04-2019, 03:23 PM
This isn't SEC, but I can't stand Gus Johnson on Fox.

At least one of y'all gets out a little bit. There are some absolutely horrific ones out there. Kellum's actually pretty good at his craft, he's a fish homer but he's pretty good. That dude at Fla is awful and Eli Gold fits the Bammer NASCAR crowd to a T.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2019, 03:33 PM
The Arkansas guys are even worse.

They are delusional about Arkansas and actually more biased than Kellum.

Captain Falcon
12-04-2019, 03:51 PM
I’d be lying if I said I recognized more than a couple of them nowadays. So many legends have retired or passed away in recent years.

Dawgface
12-04-2019, 04:41 PM
I can't stand Gold. Haven't heard many of the others.

gravedigger
12-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Agree with Arkansas being bad. They just flat suck all the way around. Eli Gold is not bad. Or at least, I've never heard him do a bad job.

Kellum, when he leaves out the rah rah stuff and the cheap fan jabs (saying 'you're welcome' to our fans when we set the all time single game attendance record with 500 ole miss fans at Dudy Noble) isnt as bad as his school. He comes from the give them the down, distance, Time left and score and yardage line BEFORE describing what happened. To me that is invaluable when calling a game on the radio.

The worst in the business IMO is the guy from USM. very nasally. I suppose if it's your team you can get used to it. I still hear him talking about the 'Nasty bunch' defense from the early 80's and it felt like listening to one of the characters from revenge of the nerds.

R2Dawg
12-04-2019, 08:13 PM
I can't stand Gold. Haven't heard many of the others.

Kellum is bad but I gotta go with Gold. Bama makes a one yard run and he acts like Bama just won NC. Other team makes a play he acts like he is depressed. Biggest homer I've ever seen. Course the Bamers think he is a god.

Give me some Jack Cristil all day.

Mjoelner34
12-04-2019, 08:24 PM
The worst in the business IMO is the guy from USM. very nasally. I suppose if it's your team you can get used to it. I still hear him talking about the 'Nasty bunch' defense from the early 80's and it felt like listening to one of the characters from revenge of the nerds.

+1!

maroonmania
12-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Eli Gold is the worst for me as well. His nasally voice absolutely GRATES on my ears. I really don't see why Bama fans or NASCAR fans want to hear him. Horrible radio voice.

West Tn Dawg
12-04-2019, 09:43 PM

Not possible! Yellum is a sad individual !!