PDA

View Full Version : Spoke to a guy yesterday (NOT about MSU coaching)

Randolph Dupree
12-04-2019, 11:05 AM
That said Les Miles is lobbying hard for the Ole Miss job. His mother in law is apparently a big Kansas booster and word from their chain is Les wants that job. The guy that passed me the info is from the NE and has no ties here, and said it to me like I should be worried LOL. I hope like hell they hire Miles.

Maroonthirteen
12-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Since rumors are encouraged

Satterfields name emerges in Oxford.

Norvell to FSU is close to done. (We weren’t getting him)

yjnkdawg
12-04-2019, 11:20 AM
That said Les Miles is lobbying hard for the Ole Miss job. His mother in law is apparently a big Kansas booster and word from their chain is Les wants that job. The guy that passed me the info is from the NE and has no ties here, and said it to me like I should be worried LOL. I hope like hell they hire Miles.

I doubt that Les Miles is even a passing thought concerning their coaching search, but it's possible I guess. Even before Luke was fired, I thought that Rich Rod may be inline when Luke eventually was fired. Now I think they still may be looking at hiring from within, and that would be MacIntyre. If they had appointed Rich Rod as the interim coach then I would still be thinking it could possibly be him, but some of the OM offensive players do not like his offense either. OM may even make a home run hire, but I highly doubt they will.

Really Clark?
12-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Since rumors are encouraged

Satterfields name emerges in Oxford.

Norvell to FSU is close to done. (We weren’t getting him)

He had told already ARK he wouldn’t be making a move until FSU cleared up.

UM is throwing a lot of names out there, including Norvell, Long (his previous OC), Healy, etc. I don’t see Satterfield interviewing much less leaving Louisville after just one season for a rebuild in the SEC West. Louisville has more money than either of us as well. And Louisville is already discussing a contract extension. His original contract was for 6 years and $3.25 MIL per year. You are looking at $4.875 MIL over 4 years to match last years initial contract...So at an absolute min they will have to go around $6 MIL per year if Louisville extends him to just $4 MIL over 6 years.

TNDawg35
12-04-2019, 11:30 AM
They will hire Mac and hope like hell they can hold onto what offensive people they have. They want RR but can’t because if they do, everyone will transfer.

Randolph Dupree
12-04-2019, 11:40 AM
They will hire Mac and hope like hell they can hold onto what offensive people they have. They want RR but can’t because if they do, everyone will transfer.

I don't know if they hire Mac or not but I fully expect it to be a retread. Money talks but everyone is well aware of the booster culture there and I don't see an up and comer taking their shot there. Could be wrong but these young guys are being more selective in making "the jump" because they know they more than likely only get one shot.

confucius say
12-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Napier. If they miss on him, Healy.

Dawgology
12-04-2019, 11:59 AM
I actually heard Les mentioned the day after Luke was fired. This was from an Ole Miss booster. I just laughed obnoxiously and changed the subject. I wrote it off as him still grieving over the Urination Simulation.