PDA

View Full Version : CL Article on attendance - Cohen quotes

Pinto
12-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Leaving here without comment.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/12/04/mississippi-state-football-worst-home-attendance-since-2013-college-football/4348131002/

Jack Lambert
12-04-2019, 10:48 AM
I go to all the home games but it still worries me that the schools will ask the networks to start black outing areas. I like watching the game in person and then watching the recording when I get home. It's like watching two different games. I see a lot more on the TV. Plus I like listening to Matt about the game on the ride home and watching for what he was talking about.

Mjoelner34
12-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Those 'attendance' numbers have to be tickets sold. There were more people at spring games under Mullen than were in the stadium that night.

ETA: Referring specifically to the Abilene Christian game.

Maroonthirteen
12-04-2019, 10:55 AM
Definitely tickets sold. I was at Arkansas last year and the egg bowl this year. There was definitely more people at the Egg Bowl than most home games this year and Arkansas last year.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2019, 10:55 AM
Those 'attendance' numbers have to be tickets sold. There were more people at spring games under Mullen than were in the stadium that night.

ETA: Referring specifically to the Abilene Christian game.

Everybody reports tickets sold. We were one of the last to convert to that and we have been doing it for a number of years now.

Behrdawg
12-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Is Cohen that clueless? Who wants to go watch a 90+ degree game with SloMo in the drivers seat? It's boring. He has deflated all excitement out of MS State football. Cohen needs to WTF up and smell the coffee.

Randolph Dupree
12-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Wait until next year...I fear it is going to be a steep drop in season tickets sold.

monroedawg5646
12-04-2019, 11:48 AM
They?ll definitely have to try and get someone else to buy my 4. Cohen can have them and go straight to hell.

bigplayslay
12-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Wait until next year...I fear it is going to be a steep drop in season tickets sold.

This. I think it has to do more with the product on the field and less to do with the TV packages (especially in our case).

BeastMan
12-04-2019, 12:00 PM
Is Cohen that clueless? Who wants to go watch a 90+ degree game with SloMo in the drivers seat? It's boring. He has deflated all excitement out of MS State football. Cohen needs to WTF up and smell the coffee.

The shit he was saying on Bounds was not good. When he starts talking about going to girls basketball practice and trying to compare Vic's program to JoMo's is crazy talk. First, the 2 coaching styles couldn't be more different in how they manage players. Second, you cannot compare women's effing basketball to football. Sometimes I think John is so confident in his intelligence he thinks he can sell anything. Bo was even tee'ing questions John could have really nailed and he just didn't like when Bo asked how much did he grow in years 3-4 at Kentucky and John said he was was still meeting new people. What? There was nothing about how he better learned to manage rosters, coaching staff, etc.... And again, you can't compare baseball to football on any level but Bo is offering up softballs and John is hitting dribblers to the first baseman.