PDA

View Full Version : MSU in full PR mode right now

msugolf
12-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Moorhead and Cohen doing interviews on Wyatt's show and Cohen on Bo Bounds this morning. They know they've put themselves against the fans and are trying desperately to bring them back around. Not gonna happen.

And for anyone expecting Bounds to come down on JoMo can forget about that. He's on the Cohen payroll and Bo's not gonna do anything to hurt his brand. He might be critical of him but he's also going to make excuses for him because that's what the admin wants.

What a real shitshow this has become.

Coursesuper
12-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Moorhead and Cohen doing interviews on Wyatt's show and Cohen on Bo Bounds this morning. They know they've put themselves against the fans and are trying desperately to bring them back around. Not gonna happen.

And for anyone expecting Bounds to come down on JoMo can forget about that. He's on the Cohen payroll and Bo's not gonna do anything to hurt his brand. He might be critical of him but he's also going to make excuses for him because that's what the admin wants.

What a real shitshow this has become.

And its just getting started.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2019, 08:57 AM
At the end of the day, they can do whatever but 2020 is sink or swim. Joe will either figure it out or get fired.

At this point, the best thing for everyone to do is demand a high standard in 2020. Put the pressure on Joe and Cohen to win or be fired.

Churchill
12-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Cohen and Croomhead can both kiss my ass

CovertDawg
12-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Every Athletic Department is always in full PR mode. Those two doing interviews after a big Egg Bowl win and the end of the regular season is 100% normal.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Time for you guys to give up the ghost on this. At least until next season. All this is complaining is doing is making this board unbearable to come to. Lets move on to the Bowl game, Men and Women's basketball then on to baseball. I am positive you will find something to bitch about on those subjects.

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 09:02 AM
MSU needs to try to mend fences. I’m glad they are trying. It means that they aren’t completely oblivious.

hacker
12-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Y'all are insufferable

msugolf
12-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Every Athletic Department is always in full PR mode. Those two doing interviews after a big Egg Bowl win and the end of the regular season is 100% normal.

Not to the point where he was basically gushing over JoMo and making excuses for the problems he had. Also threw in a jab at Mullen for being lucky that our bowl streak is still alive with our high APR.

Ari Gold
12-04-2019, 09:03 AM
So now we are going to blame Cohen and Joe for trying to get the fan base back behind the football program?? Come on people

Again the decision is made ... the situation will play out for the good or the bad over the next 8-12 months ..
Move the **** on people..

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2019, 09:05 AM
Time for everyone to give it up till after the bowl game.

After the bowl game, if it's still clear he needs to be fired, then that's a good time to restart it.

Then let's wait till that NC State game.

I personally think that NC State game will be the tell all.

Cooterpoot
12-04-2019, 09:05 AM
I really wonder about some folks on this board. Damn miserable sacks.

msugolf
12-04-2019, 09:13 AM
So now we are going to blame Cohen and Joe for trying to get the fan base back behind the football program?? Come on people

Again the decision is made ... the situation will play out for the good or the bad over the next 8-12 months ..

Absolutely f***king right I will blame them!

I'm not going to be fed a bunch of BS and told how good it is and to like it while we throw a year down the drain. I'm not a f***king shill like some are.

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 09:14 AM
Time for everyone to give it up till after the bowl game.

After the bowl game, if it's still clear he needs to be fired, then that's a good time to restart it.

Then let's wait till that NC State game.

I personally think that NC State game will be the tell all.

I'm with you Gun.

I'm going to keep my trap shut until after the bowl game. Cohen said Joe told him this was a business trip, it's not a vacation for the players or coaches. They are going into that game serious as a heart attack.

So, I'm really hoping we see this improvement start simmering up in the bowl game. If we don't and we get beat convincingly by an inferior (talent, recruiting, coaching) team then I expect all hell to break loose again.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2019, 09:25 AM

I don't blame them, but it's painfully transparent.

StateDawg44
12-04-2019, 09:34 AM

I'm not going to be fed a bunch of BS and told how good it is and to like it while we throw a year down the drain. I'm not a f***king shill like some are.

Ok then, so what you gonna do differently than any of us who are fans?

Cut your donations? Not buy tickets? That's totally up to you. I'm sure you will be missed. At least for next year.

But, it does appear you'll take it whether you like it or not because it's happening for another year.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2019, 09:35 AM
I don't blame them, but it's painfully transparent.

What if they truly believe that Joe is a good coach and he just needs a little more time?

msugolf
12-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Ok then, so what you gonna do differently than any of us who are fans?

Cut your donations? Not buy tickets? That's totally up to you. I'm sure you will be missed. At least for next year.

But, it does appear you'll take it whether you like it or not because it's happening for another year.

Buddy I'm just making a post on a team message board voicing my displeasure. Didn't realize it had to meet a certain criteria for acceptability. Perhaps I should only post things that are positive from this point forward.

Let's all pull the train in the same direction guys....even though we know there's a cliff ahead. I mean everyone has to die eventually right?***

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 09:45 AM
What if they truly believe that Joe is a good coach and he just needs a little more time?

They know he's a mediocre coach but they won't fire a coach that goes 6-6, beats the in-state rival and goes to a bowl.

I still think there's a slim chance Joe gets fired after a bad bowl game loss. These emotional boosters will be over the Egg win by then.

Coursesuper
12-04-2019, 10:04 AM
They know he's a mediocre coach but they won't fire a coach that goes 6-6, beats the in-state rival and goes to a bowl.

I still think there's a slim chance Joe gets fired after a bad bowl game loss. These emotional boosters will be over the Egg win by then.

Look there is very little chance the guy gets fired after a bowl loss. They are in full PR mode right now to try and drive interest to sell bowl tickets and to try and bring together what they know is a divide base. Its PR 101 this is the way the game is played, Those two are going to hit all the air waves they can and show solidarity and next Rosey and the gang are going to write as much fluff as they can about possible bowl opponents and destinations. Their job is to sell this and dive interest as much as anything this time of the season more so now with a base that has been thru what our has.

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Look there is very little chance the guy gets fired after a bowl loss. They are in full PR mode right now to try and drive interest to sell bowl tickets and to try and bring together what they know is a divide base. Its PR 101 this is the way the game is played, Those two are going to hit all the air waves they can and show solidarity and next Rosey and the gang are going to write as much fluff as they can about possible bowl opponents and destinations. Their job is to sell this and dive interest as much as anything this time of the season more so now with a base that has been thru what our has.

Of course they are. But if you think everyone is gonna be peachy keen with a terrible bowl loss. Look out. Everything they've built up for three weeks will turn to shit quickly. He wins the bowl and we have a silver lining going into next season. He loses this bowl game to a vastly inferior opponent and looks like shit doing it the shadow of doubt will be looming large before next season even begins.

Coursesuper
12-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Of course they are. But if you think everyone is gonna be peachy keen with a terrible bowl loss. Look out. Everything they've built up for three weeks will turn to shit quickly. He wins the bowl and we have a silver lining going into next season. He loses this bowl game to a vastly inferior opponent and looks like shit doing it the shadow of doubt will be looming large before next season even begins.

I can't refute that, things are what they are now.

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 10:43 AM
I can't refute that, things are what they are now.

Unfortunately. Believe it or not I want Joe to win the bowl and look good doing it.

Coursesuper
12-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately. Believe it or not I want Joe to win the bowl and look good doing it.

Agree its better for us if things shape up coaching changes suck and are always a crap shoot.

DLGDawg
12-04-2019, 11:04 AM

If that happens....then we should not ?move on? until he?s gone. That would be absolutely unacceptable!!!!!

WPDawg
12-04-2019, 11:06 AM

Exactly. Let's back the program and move forward. Get on the train or find a different hobby. The continuous whining and bitching on a public message board is not helping the program. The fans and supporters are the stockholders of the franchise. Treat the program publicly like it is your own business.

Maroons
12-04-2019, 11:07 AM
Buddy I'm just making a post on a team message board voicing my displeasure. Didn't realize it had to meet a certain criteria for acceptability. Perhaps I should only post things that are positive from this point forward.

Let's all pull the train in the same direction guys....even though we know there's a cliff ahead. I mean everyone has to die eventually right?***

People telling us to "move on because the decision has been made" are insinuating that we should accept the current situation. I do not accept it.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Cohen and Croomhead can both kiss my ass

This

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 11:14 AM
People telling us to "move on because the decision has been made" are insinuating that we should accept the current situation. I do not accept it.

I do agree but I think we all need to keep our powder dry for now. Everybody needs to take a deep breath, smile and look forward to the bowl game. I'm really excited to see how we look.

coachnorm
12-04-2019, 11:46 AM
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/26/614609644/usc-president-c-l-max-nikias-stepping-down-amid-gynecologist-scandal

This is what it took to get the USC President to direct the removal of Lane Kiffin. USC was going to play the following Thursday on ESPN after loosing to Arizona St. There was a coordinated plan to embarrass the University on national television. This was significant because ESPN would not have another game to switch to. There was probably a credible physical threat to President Max Nikias and Athletic Director Pat Hayden. There would be excessive foul language to be heard nationally which would embarrass the University. USC was achieving a 6 Billion fund raiser and this was a threat to that. The foreigner Max Nikias a Greek national ordered the removal of Kiffin because of the monetary threat on non athletic funding. There can be many angles to a resolution of retaining or removal of a college head coach. I thought I would share this tangent that happened in Los Angeles.

confucius say
12-04-2019, 11:52 AM

I think they believe he is a good football mind but needs help/guidance/time being the CEO and running a program with accountability and structure. Cohen probably is trying to help him grow in those respects.

Dawgology
12-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Exactly. Let's back the program and move forward. Get on the train or find a different hobby. The continuous whining and bitching on a public message board is not helping the program. The fans and supporters are the stockholders of the franchise. Treat the program publicly like it is your own business.

That's actually the problem. A LOT of fans are about to find a different hobby. That's actually the opposite of what you want for the program I would think.

StateDawg44
12-04-2019, 12:04 PM

I never said what you were pissed about is wrong or beg you to change your mind and support MSU. I even said that's totally up to you. Criteria accepted. No sunshine pumping necessary.

What you can do is accept the reality of what it is for another year instead of acting like your "voice" on some message board makes a damn and is going to actually do something. You're not accepting mediocrity by accepting life and things you have zero control over. What your choosing to "not accept" is out of your control.

I guess yours just stood out because it reads with such a whiny voice like a child throwing a tantrum. But carry on dying on that hill if you would like. I do apologize for singling you out though. There are many this applies to.

trojandawg
12-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Sorry I don?t get pissed on and accept it when I?m told it?s raining. Our ad is clueless and has buddies up with our useless coach. No thanks

BB30
12-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Ha ha man, it has to be rough waking up that angry every morning over a college sport involving 18-22 YO kids. Find some other hobbies this one clearly isn't healthy for you.**

Reunion Dog
12-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Who is RESPONSIBLE for helping Cohen grow in those respects you mentioned? 17 that!! Cohen is responsible for the cluster17!

The AD is responsible for the Academic embarrassment! I still want to know what was put in HIS personnel file for that crap....

The blind is leading the blind!

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 12:55 PM

That?s their prerogative. They hired him so I?m sure they think he is a good coach. I hope they are right and we go 10-2 next year. They probably aren?t but it is what it is. If he isn?t good next year and wins less than seven he is prob fired.

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 12:59 PM

Exactly. And I agree with you. I sincerely hope we win our bowl 56-0 and that we’re all wrong about Joe moving forward. Although we probably aren’t.

War Machine Dawg
12-04-2019, 01:41 PM
That's actually the problem. A LOT of fans are about to find a different hobby. That's actually the opposite of what you want for the program I would think.

Bingo. Apathy is about to set in big time.

I said it in another thread, but I'll say it again: I didn't go to a game this year for the first time in somewhere close to 25 years this season. There were some extenuating circumstances, but if I had really wanted to, I could have. But I didn't make the effort because I was apathetic about football due to Jughead's inability to win big with last year's team. And I had a chance to go to the Battle for the Golden Egg, but passed it up because I thought we'd lose and didn't want to be there to see the Baby Sharks beat us for the 3rd straight time in DWS. But after Jughead telling us to kick rocks, I guaran-damn-tee I won't be going to another game so long as he's the coach.

The last time I was this pissed and apathetic about a coach was Croom 2008. If we hadn't fired him, I had made up my mind I wasn't going to a game again until he was gone, but we made the change and got Mullen. I'm in the same spot again. I nailed Cohen as AD, the Virginia Slims and I'm sure as hell right about Jughead's "coaching" ability. But it's becoming more and more obvious our real problems at MSU in football are only ancillary to coaching. The real problem is the mentality of the Virginia Slims and their puppet admins they put in place.

msugolf
12-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Ha ha man, it has to be rough waking up that angry every morning over a college sport involving 18-22 YO kids. Find some other hobbies this one clearly isn't healthy for you.**

Says the other guy with over 1800 posts on a message board **

And how do you know how mad I am? I might just like to cuss a lot ...17er

Bothrops
12-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Y'all are insufferable

And dumb.

DeviousDawg
12-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Isn't this the place to come and bitch about MSU sports though?

For me, I'm just deeply disappointed in our leaders. Not because they didn't fire him, but because they allowed and in ways directed the info to leak out that JoMo was a goner. You could clearly see that it was orchestrated by our leaders. Then they don't fire him. Now we are left in a lose-lose situation, it's like after someone cheats on someone, and then you try to still make it work. It doesn't, too much damage done. We are wasting a year of football, gonna see an embarrassing dip in attendance, split fan base, and most likely not 1 but 2 classes effected by this, and you know as much as anyone that that is true.

It's just so shocking to me the way this was handled, usually Keenum and Cohen are professional, efficient, and quiet doing it. They were none of the 3. I'm not calling for anyone's head, I like Cohen(unlike many here) and think he will be here for life. We just majorly 17ed up, and again, its not the decision to fire or not for me, it's the way we handled it at the top, both before and after the EB. It's just not like us, it was very OM of us, the way we handled it. Sickening.

They deserve to know how their investors feel about their decision making. Honestly, I think they owe everyone, from fans, to players and coaches a full statement that is real and thoughtful concerning the entire situation. I believe it would go a really long way in beginning the fence mending process.

DeviousDawg
12-04-2019, 02:04 PM
And yes, this board has been insufferable ever since the EB concluded, all the boards have, and rightfully so. Some of you need reevaluate before falling in line and blindly accepting unprofessional bull shit. The minute you are ok with losing(in general), is the minute you accepted that you are a loser. We have way too many losers in this fan base, and honestly it holds our program back as a whole. If people are upset, let them be, don't be soldiers falling in line saying something just so you conform. No one should accept this, if you don't like it, don't open the thread. If I offended anyone, I really don't give a 17. Now, I am done.

confucius say
12-04-2019, 04:51 PM
Cohens biggest mistake here was allowing the ayhlwtic sept to leak to that change was coming and get hopes up and then no change. Should have just stayed quiet. Kinda like with the baseball search. Stop saying/leaking stuff to create expectations.

bulldawg28
12-04-2019, 04:59 PM
And yes, this board has been insufferable ever since the EB concluded, all the boards have, and rightfully so. Some of you need reevaluate before falling in line and blindly accepting unprofessional bull shit. The minute you are ok with losing(in general), is the minute you accepted that you are a loser. We have way too many losers in this fan base, and honestly it holds our program back as a whole. If people are upset, let them be, don't be soldiers falling in line saying something just so you conform. No one should accept this, if you don't like it, don't open the thread. If I offended anyone, I really don't give a 17. Now, I am done.

Preach!