PDA

View Full Version : Cohen seems to want to be on the right side of history

cheewgumm
12-03-2019, 10:46 PM
His position is no position. He just needs to be on the right side in the end but probably doesn?t know what that is so doesn?t know how to play it.

Kind of at a fork in the road now, so he?s trying to play it right.

I have 0 inside information but that is what it seems like to me.

cheewgumm
12-03-2019, 10:51 PM
I meant to post this under ?Cohen on Wyatt?... can it be moved there?

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 11:06 PM
I think he's scared of firing Moorhead only to see him turn into a great coach when he believes he could just fire him next year and the program is no worse off for it.

He views keeping him as less risky.

Also, with the Moorhead hire, Cohen's confidence in hiring a better replacement may not be very strong.

Also, I think Hadad makes a good point about Cohen's 2nd year as head coach of the baseball team being so bad and Cohen sympathizes with Joe.

TheLostDawg
12-03-2019, 11:26 PM
I think he's scared of firing Moorhead only to see him turn into a great coach when he believes he could just fire him next year and the program is no worse off for it.

He views keeping him as less risky.

I agree

BeastMan
12-03-2019, 11:32 PM
I’m not a Cohen guy at all. I think we could have hired a much more qualified AD. That said, he wanted to make the move and lined up the money. Keenum is why JoMo is the coach.

Dawgcap
12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Seriously what SEC school is happy with their coach and if they are they probably just got hired or finally started winning? Name 4

dantheman4248
12-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Seriously what SEC school is happy with their coach and if they are they probably just got hired or finally started winning? Name 4

Kirby
O
Saban
Gus
Dan
Stoops

Jimbo, Pruitt are in wait and see mode.

Ark, Miz, OM have empty slots

SCar, MSU, Vandy are all (for the most part) ready to move on.

So 6 happy, 6 mad, and 2 in wait and see. Pretty evenly split so I don't know what your point really was there.

Gutter Cobreh
12-04-2019, 12:10 AM
Kirby
O
Saban
Gus
Dan
Stoops

Jimbo, Pruitt are in wait and see mode.

Ark, Miz, OM have empty slots

SCar, MSU, Vandy are all (for the most part) ready to move on.

So 6 happy, 6 mad, and 2 in wait and see. Pretty evenly split so I don't know what your point really was there.

It changes as fast as the wind.

UK was ready to show Stoops to the door before last year
Gus is always on the fringe.
Kirby is wearing thin, as they haven't actually won anything under him yet. In big games, his teams have shown to start fast but then shit the bed and UGA fans are fickle.
UF fans are worse and Dan will eventually feel the heat until they beat UGA.

The only one truly secure is Saban and he's earned it.

The issue around football is everyone wants a run like Bama has been on, but that's an impossible task.

Dawgcap
12-04-2019, 12:17 AM
It changes as fast as the wind.

UK was ready to show Stoops to the door before last year
Gus is always on the fringe.
Kirby is wearing thin, as they haven't actually won anything under him yet. In big games, his teams have shown to start fast but then shit the bed and UGA fans are fickle.
UF fans are worse and Dan will eventually feel the heat until they beat UGA.

The only one truly secure is Saban and he's earned it.

The issue around football is everyone wants a run like Bama has been on, but that's an impossible task.

Preach. What my point was. Not defending Moorhead just saying no fanbase will be loyal because each believes they are a top 4 team in this conference

Dawgcap
12-04-2019, 12:18 AM
O was questioned hard last year

Dawgcap
12-04-2019, 12:24 AM
If those 3 were on the questionable 2 years ago. Stoops and O? Really. See I don’t know Moorhead is the answer but Stoops those 2 alone were ready to be run because they sucked. Gus is every year?

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 12:44 AM
I've seen Alabama fans that want to fire Saban because he lost to LSU and Auburn. If they got their way Elijah Moore should send them a thank you note for one upping him for dumbest move in football 2019.

Moorhead is going to have to have a Mark Stoops 2018 year for fans to start to buy in.

NCDawg
12-04-2019, 02:01 AM
Good think we played Kentucky before they found their QB. That kid looks good-he ran all over Louisville, and Louisville is a pretty good team.

MetEdDawg
12-04-2019, 06:54 AM
It's possible our folks also knew Luke might end up being shown the door after how the Egg Bowl played out.

Continuity on our end is something they could potentially take advantage of in the short term. Additionally, Joe is almost assuredly going to make some staff changes, so I think we end up better off than this past year in that regard.

If we can parlay OM firing Luke, a little end of the year momentum, and some staff changes together, we might be able to improve ourselves going forward to a point where we are happy.

I think we all agree we need to go 7-5 to validate Moorhead staying on. If we can do better than that I'll be happy that Joe can move forward and be the guy.

dawgs
12-04-2019, 07:07 AM
I've seen Alabama fans that want to fire Saban because he lost to LSU and Auburn. If they got their way Elijah Moore should send them a thank you note for one upping him for dumbest move in football 2019.

Moorhead is going to have to have a Mark Stoops 2018 year for fans to start to buy in.

Let's not pretend that more than 0.00001% of bama fans legitimately wanna fire saban for 2019. There's always a couple unreasonable douchebags that mean it and then some internet venters that say he should be online to vent but don't actually mean it.