PDA

View Full Version : Mens basketball polls. So is no one buying that we are any good??

R2Dawg
12-03-2019, 08:01 PM
We don't have even one vote in AP or USA today polls. What is up with that?

StateDawg44
12-03-2019, 08:25 PM
I'm ok with this. Let's fly under the radar and use that to our advantage.

MCsMGs
12-03-2019, 08:40 PM
Because no one really knows how good anyone is right now. With what has happened to ranked teams so far this season, why would anyone even look at the polls right now? It's a crapshoot at best.

Captain Falcon
12-03-2019, 08:52 PM
Zero quality wins yet. I think we’re good but beating Tulane and Coastal Carolina isn’t going to make anyone notice us. Need to keep winning and it will come.

NCMSTFAN
12-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Tulane is our best win, that's why, granted they are 6-1 with their only loss against us so its a pretty good win right now, but other than that we haven't really beaten anyone. The close Villanova loss isn't bad either, but we need to beat Kansas State coming up and also can't sleep on Louisiana Tech before them, they only have 2 losses. We also have Oklahoma later in the year to get another good OOC win.

Dawg2003
12-04-2019, 02:02 PM
Voters are very reluctant to change their votes this early on because they would be admitting they were wrong.

smootness
12-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Voters are very reluctant to change their votes this early on because they would be admitting they were wrong.

There's not really much yet to show they were wrong in our case. We haven't really beaten anybody; if we saw a team like Radford with our resume, we wouldn't expect them to be in the ranking or close.

As others have said, we'll have our chance if we just keep winning. In fact, if we win out in the OOC, I think we'll at least have some votes.

KentuckyDawg13
12-04-2019, 02:24 PM
It's total BS. Perception and biased behavior. MSU had votes last week, lost closely to a ranked known-named team, now ZERO votes. Yet, said Villanova team loses their second game and are still ranked.
While they don't really matter now, it does help those outside the state to get more coverage of MSU. Having UofL as #1 is BS too. They are REALLY good, but not the #1 team in the country. Makes for entertaining local news though.

smootness
12-04-2019, 02:29 PM
It's total BS. Perception and biased behavior. MSU had votes last week, lost closely to a ranked known-named team, now ZERO votes. Yet, said Villanova team loses their second game and are still ranked.
While they don't really matter now, it does help those outside the state to get more coverage of MSU. Having UofL as #1 is BS too. They are REALLY good, but not the #1 team in the country. Makes for entertaining local news though.

How is Louisville not #1? They just destroyed #4 Michigan, who themselves had just beaten UNC and Gonzaga. Seems about right at this point.

boot
12-04-2019, 04:45 PM
We haven’t beaten anybody in the top 150 yet, but I think we’re good enough to be ranked. We just don’t need to drop any of the upcoming cupcake games for whatever reason.