PDA

View Full Version : Question : Bulldog Deli

Lord McBuckethead
12-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Anyone remember the name of the sandwich with the Kielbasa on it? Or does anyone have a copy of the menu for Bulldog Deli? Looked online, but they have been updated.
It was either called the Bulldog or blitz or something like that.

Jack
12-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Anyone remember the name of the sandwich with the Kielbasa on it? Or does anyone have a copy of the menu for Bulldog Deli? Looked online, but they have been updated.

The bulldog I believe.

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2019, 04:56 PM
The bulldog I believe.

Wow - that's a helluva first post for a long-time lurker. Short. Accurate. Insightful. We need more of that.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2019, 05:54 PM
The bulldog I believe.

Yep. Same on Hattiesburg. Sweet Peppers deli used to have The Bulldog. Not sure anymore though. It’s been a while since I’ve been.

notthisshitagain
12-03-2019, 06:46 PM

The Big Nasty, then changed the name to The Bulldog. It had roast beef, kielbasa, jalapenos, cheese, & bbq sauce. I miss that sandwich and The Deli so much.

McAlister's stole the Bulldog Deli concept and menu, and they had their own sandwhich called The Big Nasty that was roast beef and gravy. I think that's why The Deli changed the name to The Bulldog.

Homedawg
12-03-2019, 06:47 PM

They had both and bulldog and a blitz. Don't think it was the blitz though. I can find out.

Homedawg
12-03-2019, 06:51 PM
The Big Nasty, then changed the name to The Bulldog. It had roast beef, kielbasa, jalapenos, cheese, & bbq sauce. I miss that sandwich and The Deli so much.

McAlister's stole the Bulldog Deli concept and menu, and they had their own sandwhich called The Big Nasty that was roast beef and gravy. I think that's why The Deli changed the name to The Bulldog.

Not really. Robin fant who started bulldog deli, went in w the guy who is now responsible for McAlister's. Even changed the name of his to McAlister's as part of the franchise. Some things weren't going The way robin like and he got out and went back to the name bulldog deli.... McAlister's went wild and robin missed out. He then combined w the guy w Harvey's and they formed peppers and franchised some of those. Since the peppers has changed to bulldog burger and they have now started opening more of those w one being in Tupelo.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2019, 06:51 PM
They had both and bulldog and a blitz. Don't think it was the blitz though. I can find out.

I thought the Big Nasty was just open faced roast beef with gravy. If not, what was that one called? I've been to a McAllisters less than 10 times in my life.

Percho
12-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Wow - that's a helluva first post for a long-time lurker. Short. Accurate. Insightful. We need more of that.

Good post.

Mjoelner34
12-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Wow! Was just talking about Bulldog Deli at work today with Starkvegasdawg. I loved every sandwich there. The tater salad didnt like me though.

NWADAWG
12-03-2019, 08:10 PM
Not really. Robin fant who started bulldog deli, went in w the guy who is now responsible for McAlister's. Even changed the name of his to McAlister's as part of the franchise. Some things weren't going The way robin like and he got out and went back to the name bulldog deli.... McAlister's went wild and robin missed out. He then combined w the guy w Harvey's and they formed peppers and franchised some of those. Since the peppers has changed to bulldog burger and they have now started opening more of those w one being in Tupelo.

If I remember correctly, the second store to open was in Oxford. Obviously couldn't name it bulldog deli so it became McAlister's. That was while bd deli was still in the little gas station building before they moved next door to the laundry mat building.

Homedawg
12-03-2019, 08:20 PM
If I remember correctly, the second store to open was in Oxford. Obviously couldn't name it bulldog deli so it became McAlister's. That was while bd deli was still in the little gas station building before they moved next door to the laundry mat building.

Oxford and Hattiesburg were first two I think. And the old bulldog deli was changed to McAlister's as well. And you are correct in location it was were the parking lot is now.

vv83
12-03-2019, 08:24 PM
http://places.singleplatform.com/bulldog-deli/menu

Turfdawg67
12-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Oxford and Hattiesburg were first two I think. And the old bulldog deli was changed to McAlister's as well. And you are correct in location it was were the parking lot is now.

Pretty sure Bulldog Deli was the first, but when they decided to expand, the name wasn't going to work. Then there was a big parting of ways, conglomerate buy out, etc... Back to Bulldog Deli for a while and then...

NWADAWG
12-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Pretty sure Bulldog Deli was the first, but when they decided to expand, the name wasn't going to work. Then there was a big parting of ways, conglomerate buy out, etc... Back to Bulldog Deli for a while and then...

What he said.

Homedawg
12-04-2019, 10:15 AM

yes, bulldog deli was first, read my first post on the subject.