PDA

View Full Version : Freshman contributors for 2020

chef dixon
12-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Lets talk about something else.

Recruiting guys, who in this class is going to be seeing the field next year and in what capacity?

I'm assuming maybe Marks, Dean, Johnson. Is Tulu good enough to get reps at WR next Fall?

Irondawg
12-03-2019, 01:38 PM
Obviously all the JUCO are expected to help although I'm not sure they're all really impact players.

Dean, Mark and Johnson, Forbes and Tulu will be given every opportunity to get into the rotations. Summer camp for RB and S are going to be interesting.

I wouldn't mind us also seeing if J. Jones fits better on offense. He was ok for a freshman corner but he didn't seem to enjoy tackling very much. I'll leave that one the coaches but we have to find somebody with big YAC ability at WR

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Marks playing time may depend on what Hill does.

As for the others, if you have speed, you need to be on the field

We've got to get faster.

TStationDawg
12-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Do we honestly think Joe will put them in position to succeed? I mean, goodness gracious, it doesn't matter the influx of talent or how good Joe is at recruiting!!! He doesn't utilize PLAY MAKERS!!! That's the one area Dan excelled at. He got a kid- and then put them in the position TO. MAKE. PLAYS. Joe doesn't do THAT!!!!

HailStateSZN19
12-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Marks playing time may depend on what Hill does.

As for the others, if you have speed, you need to be on the field

We've got to get faster.

Even if Hill stays, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Marks work his way into the #2 guy role behind him. He’s special and is the speed we need on offense. I think Witherspoon is good but Marks is just too damn good not to get on the field even as a true freshman. I think Tulu finds his way onto the field a good bit. He’s fast and is electric with the ball in his hands. Watching his film, he’s the type WR that can catch a screen pass or bubble screen and make some people miss and take it to the house. We haven’t had that in a long time.