PDA

View Full Version : Looking at next years football schedule....

gravedigger
12-03-2019, 12:17 PM
We seem to have 5 winnable games to start with A&M being the toughest, then three against the monsters Bama, LSU and Auburn. The last 4 being the games that will determine how successful we think our season has been.

I'm going to reserve judgement (good or bad) until we play A&M. Auburn, Missouri, Kentucky will reveal more about whether Joe can get this on track. Prior to that it's just huffing and puffing.

SEP 5 (SAT) TBA
VS
NEW MEXICO
STARKVILLE

SEP 12 (SAT) TBA
AT
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
RALEIGH, NC

SEP 19 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
ARKANSAS
STARKVILLE

SEP 26 (SAT) TBA
VS
TULANE
STARKVILLE

OCT 3 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
TEXAS A&M
STARKVILLE

OCT 17 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
ALABAMA
TUSCALOOSA, AL

OCT 24 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
LSU
BATON ROUGE, LA

OCT 31 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
AUBURN
STARKVILLE

NOV 7 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
MISSOURI
STARKVILLE

NOV 14 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
KENTUCKY
LEXINGTON, KY

NOV 21 (SAT) TBA
VS
ALABAMA A&M
STARKVILLE

NOV 26 (THU) TBA
SEC
AT
OLE MISS
OXFORD, MS

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 12:24 PM
Isn't it cheating on predictions to reserve judgement until those game?

I'll make a prediction after the bowl game.

gravedigger
12-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Isn't it cheating on predictions to reserve judgement until those game?

I'll make a prediction after the bowl game.

I stopped making win loss predictions a couple of years ago. I have a floor and a ceiling, but mainly the team's posture is what I focus on. I saw a lot of bad this year. I also saw a lot of good.

Doggie_Style
12-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Take a hard look at those last 8 games....we could easily go 0-8 if some serious changes are not made

DownwardDawg
12-03-2019, 12:44 PM
Take a hard look at those last 8 games....we could easily go 0-8 if some serious changes are not made

Not possible. No way we lose to Alabama A&M. But 1-7 in that stretch is very possible.

Doggie_Style
12-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Not possible. No way we lose to Alabama A&M. But 1-7 in that stretch is very possible.

yup sorry.....I just saw the Alabama part.....1-7

gravedigger
12-03-2019, 12:51 PM

You have a point. 2-6 in the last 8 games would almost assuredly cause a change even if we won 4 out of the 1st 5.

It appears it will not be a hard decision to make next year come the Egg Bowl. Either way.

Unless we win 7 and lose to Ole Miss. That might cause some folks to get into their corners.

Coach34
12-03-2019, 01:08 PM
NC State is returning 17 or 18 starters next year. You will have your answer after game 2.

R2Dawg
12-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Boy lot of swing games next year. Here is what I see happening.

1. We win most of the 50/50 games and win 7-8 and Joe keeps his job but not much else changes. We are stuck in 500 level football for a few more years until it is obvious Joe can't get it done and is fired after losing Eggbowl.

2. We lose the 50/50 games and only win 3 games next year hence Joe is fired end of year and we start over.

I guess there is option 3 which is Joe changes/adapts and rights the ship. I just don't see it. Croom 2.0 right now and he has done nothing but validate it with his actions.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 01:16 PM
NC State is returning 17 or 18 starters next year. You will have your answer after game 2.

Will be a GREAT early season measuring stick.

NC State went 4-8 this season & 1-7 in a bad ACC. Additionally they have a talent profile of 36th in the country.

On paper, this SHOULD be about like out trip to K-State in 2018, but with Joe, anything can happen.

On paper, Joe should not lose this game. If he does, it'll show that thing is truly going nowhere & he will be fired a few week later.

Huge game for Joe

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 01:18 PM

This what I've said all along. Nobody better be surprised when NC State trucks us.

HailStateSZN19
12-03-2019, 01:18 PM
New Mexico- W
NC State- W (they were garbage this year even though it's on the road I think we get the win; if we pull a UT debacle again this could send the season into the dumps early)
Arkansas- W (putrid once again)
Tulane- W (this game will make me nervous if they still have Fritz & Will Hall; we will have waayyy more talent but would be nervous about them out-coaching us)
A&M- L (think they bring back enough talent to beat us; this is a swing game for me though & will probably be stupid enough to talk myself into us winning it once August rolls around)
Bama- L (no explanation needed)
LSU-L (see Bama)
Auburn-L (they lose a good bit but bring back enough talent to handle us even in Starkville I think)
Mizzou-W (another swing game; they break in a new QB and HC so Joe better win this game)
Kentucky-L (no faith to go on the road and win a game where we don't have just a more significant amount of talent compared to who we're playing)
Alabama A&M-W
OM-W (unpredictable but I just can't pick OM to win this game; being on the road makes me nervous especially this game + see Kentucky's explanation)

Final record prediction: 7-5 & has to be the floor. Ceiling I think, if Joe improves in several areas and makes staff changes such as OC/ST/S&C, can be 8-4 maybe 9-3 (would heavily depend on if Kylin/Willie return). Anything less than 7-5 & Joe has to go. 6-6 can't cut it next year. There's got to be some improvement shown.

ETA: If things continue going in the direction they went this year though, 4-8 is also entirely possible. Agree with C34 & Shotgun, the NC State game on the road will be the test to see how the rest of the season shakes out & could be the game that decides Joe's fate.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 01:19 PM
This what I've said all along. Nobody better be surprised when NC State trucks us.

On paper they should not.

4-8 this season & 1-7 in the ACC with a talent profile of 36th.

This SHOULD be K-State in 2018. If it's not, Joe will only be a few games away from being canned.

This should not be a toss up game. Not if we are improving

smootness
12-03-2019, 01:32 PM
I predict we start 4-0, then go 0-4, then win 2 of the final 4 and go 6-6 again. And I predict Joe keeps his job again, only further delaying the inevitable.

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 01:38 PM
On paper they should not.

4-8 this season & 1-7 in the ACC with a talent profile of 36th.

This SHOULD be K-State in 2018. If it's not, Joe will only be a few games away from being canned.

This should not be a toss up game. Not if we are improving

On paper Joe's an offensive genius.

We should win this game but I'm not counting it as win until I see it.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2019, 01:45 PM
I predict we start 4-0, then go 0-4, then win 2 of the final 4 and go 6-6 again. And I predict Joe keeps his job again, only further delaying the inevitable.

Pretty safe bet.

RiverCityDawg
12-03-2019, 01:47 PM

I could buy that, except if one of those two losses at the end is against ole miss he will be fired.

confucius say
12-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Needs to go 7-5 to maintain 7-5 average as a coach. I wonder how he will be viewed if he averages 7-5, considering Dans average record was 7.1-4.9.

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Well hell Smoot it seems as long as he defeats those dastardly rebels of northern miss he coach as long as he wants.

PGHBulldogBG
12-03-2019, 01:55 PM
5 wins: New Mexico, Tulane, Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama A&M

fishwater99
12-03-2019, 01:55 PM
7-5 next year...

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 02:22 PM
5 wins: New Mexico, Tulane, Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama A&M

Watch us have the luckiest damn season ever. LSU replacing a Heisman candidate QB, Auburn losing a shit ton of senior starters, Mizzou new coach, Arky new coach, OM new coach, A&M is still average with Jimbo...

We could luck up into an 9-3 season w/ a win over ole miss. Joe will be Kevlar at that point. Nobody will want him gone.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2019, 02:27 PM
New Mexico- W
NC State- W (they were garbage this year even though it's on the road I think we get the win; if we pull a UT debacle again this could send the season into the dumps early)
Arkansas- W (putrid once again)
Tulane- W (this game will make me nervous if they still have Fritz & Will Hall; we will have waayyy more talent but would be nervous about them out-coaching us)
A&M- L (think they bring back enough talent to beat us; this is a swing game for me though & will probably be stupid enough to talk myself into us winning it once August rolls around)
Bama- L (no explanation needed)
LSU-L (see Bama)
Auburn-L (they lose a good bit but bring back enough talent to handle us even in Starkville I think)
Mizzou-W (another swing game; they break in a new QB and HC so Joe better win this game)
Kentucky-L (no faith to go on the road and win a game where we don't have just a more significant amount of talent compared to who we're playing)
Alabama A&M-W
OM-W (unpredictable but I just can't pick OM to win this game; being on the road makes me nervous especially this game + see Kentucky's explanation)

Final record prediction: 7-5 & has to be the floor. Ceiling I think, if Joe improves in several areas and makes staff changes such as OC/ST/S&C, can be 8-4 maybe 9-3 (would heavily depend on if Kylin/Willie return). Anything less than 7-5 & Joe has to go. 6-6 can't cut it next year. There's got to be some improvement shown.

ETA: If things continue going in the direction they went this year though, 4-8 is also entirely possible. Agree with C34 & Shotgun, the NC State game on the road will be the test to see how the rest of the season shakes out & could be the game that decides Joe's fate.

I would take 6-6 as long as in the 6 losses, the other team isn't putting in the waterboys in the first half like this year. At least make other teams wait to crush all hope until after halftime. I think Shoop will give us hope but unfortunately Joe's offense sucks against real SEC defenses so we will probably lose most SEC games not named Arkansas 35-7.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 02:42 PM
Auburn lose everything and we have them at home. That one may not be as tough as we think.

Coach34
12-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Auburn lose everything and we have them at home. That one may not be as tough as we think.

Auburn returns as many starters as we do next year plus they recruit at a higher level.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Auburn returns as many starters as we do next year plus they recruit at a higher level.

Still they will not be as good as this season. That is what I am saying.

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 03:21 PM

But Joe needs one of those scratch your head Croom kinda wins. AU next year is my pick.

Rex54
12-03-2019, 03:23 PM
We aren’t starting off 4-0 next year.

coastratdog
12-03-2019, 03:29 PM
7-5 ceiling
5-7 floor
6-6 most probably

msu15
12-03-2019, 03:39 PM
8-4

Homedawg
12-03-2019, 03:59 PM
8-4

Hahah

confucius say
12-03-2019, 04:01 PM

They lose 6 starters on defense and 6 starters on offense, including 4 senior OL. They should take a step back in the trenches next year, especially if they lose any juniors off that defense to the draft.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2019, 04:04 PM

So the game lasts more than 6 minutes?

confucius say
12-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Need to be 4-0 when Aggie comes to town

Coach34
12-03-2019, 05:28 PM
I'm not making any predictions until I see what Hill, Gay, Dantzler, Mayden, and Key finally decide. If all 5 leave- we wont win 6 games. Shrader is unlikely to make 12 starts next year due to injury or suspension and Rogers will be all that's left.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2019, 05:46 PM
We seem to have 5 winnable games to start with A&M being the toughest, then three against the monsters Bama, LSU and Auburn. The last 4 being the games that will determine how successful we think our season has been.

I'm going to reserve judgement (good or bad) until we play A&M. Auburn, Missouri, Kentucky will reveal more about whether Joe can get this on track. Prior to that it's just huffing and puffing.

SEP 5 (SAT) TBA
VS
NEW MEXICO
STARKVILLE

SEP 12 (SAT) TBA
AT
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
RALEIGH, NC

SEP 19 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
ARKANSAS
STARKVILLE

SEP 26 (SAT) TBA
VS
TULANE
STARKVILLE

OCT 3 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
TEXAS A&M
STARKVILLE

OCT 17 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
ALABAMA
TUSCALOOSA, AL

OCT 24 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
LSU
BATON ROUGE, LA

OCT 31 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
AUBURN
STARKVILLE

NOV 7 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
MISSOURI
STARKVILLE

NOV 14 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
KENTUCKY
LEXINGTON, KY

NOV 21 (SAT) TBA
VS
ALABAMA A&M
STARKVILLE

NOV 26 (THU) TBA
SEC
AT
OLE MISS
OXFORD, MS

So, depending on who Arky and Mizzou hire, we could very easily be 4-8 next year. Obviously I hope we 15-0, but if we are 4-8, surely we'll fire a coach who's gone 8-5, 6-7 (prediction) and 4-8! Right?!?

Turfdawg67
12-03-2019, 05:51 PM

God... your love for Auburn is deep and disturbing. It'd be easy to switch allegiances, just sayin.

Coach34
12-03-2019, 05:59 PM
God... your love for Auburn is deep and disturbing. It'd be easy to switch allegiances, just sayin.

GusBus fan. Not Auburn

Pinto
12-03-2019, 06:13 PM
4 - 8

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 06:14 PM
6-6 tops. 3-9 floor. If we beat NC State early I'll bump that up a game or two.

PMDawg
12-03-2019, 06:34 PM
FLOOR of 7-5?! Lol

The floor is 4-8. 5-7 or 6-6 is most likely. 7-5 is possible.

This year I said a floor of 5-7 with 6-6 or 7-5 most likely. I was soundly reamed for such a horrible prediction and told that 7-5 was the floor.

Todd4State
12-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Watch us have the luckiest damn season ever. LSU replacing a Heisman candidate QB, Auburn losing a shit ton of senior starters, Mizzou new coach, Arky new coach, OM new coach, A&M is still average with Jimbo...

We could luck up into an 9-3 season w/ a win over ole miss. Joe will be Kevlar at that point. Nobody will want him gone.

But someone could hire him away if that happens.

Homedawg
12-03-2019, 08:11 PM

I'd love for us to go 9-3. But there is ZERO chance it happens.

timotheus
12-03-2019, 08:17 PM
those 3 losses u reference will be rock kicking specials

Doggie_Style
12-03-2019, 08:29 PM
FLOOR of 7-5?! Lol

The floor is 4-8. 5-7 or 6-6 is most likely. 7-5 is possible.

This year I said a floor of 5-7 with 6-6 or 7-5 most likely. I was soundly reamed for such a horrible prediction and told that 7-5 was the floor.

Absolutely agree....and congratulations you were spot on

Hambone
12-03-2019, 10:11 PM
8-4

We will beat NM, Tulane, Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Missouri and A&M (yep, calling the A&M win now)

RougeDawg
12-04-2019, 12:36 AM
A drunken bumbling blind and deaf moron could come out 4-1 in our first 5 games next year. Is that the measuring stick we want to use? Personally we should expect 5-0 with 5 convincing wins. That will not happen. Thank the Gelding.

RougeDawg
12-04-2019, 12:38 AM
6-6 tops. 3-9 floor. If we beat NC State early I'll bump that up a game or two.

But, weren't you backing keeping JoVester? How can you predict this if you are so confident?

Are you bipolar? What times of the day do you take your medication? That will help me determine your posts and is the only explanation for your shotgun approach.

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 12:48 AM
But, weren't you backing keeping JoVester? How can you predict this if you are so confident?

Are you bipolar? What times of the day do you take your medication? That will help me determine your posts and is the only explanation for your shotgun approach.

He's not bipolar. He just thinks that 6-6 is the best we can hope for because you know we went Tech and 10 and he remembers that.

RougeDawg
12-04-2019, 12:53 AM
He's not bipolar. He just thinks that 6-6 is the best we can hope for because you know we went Tech and 10 and he remembers that.

I think I am at the point of deciding on where and how I wish to lose brain cells. Reading Liver's posts or drinking bourbon? I will gladly choose the latter.

But the great thing about this nation is, everyone can voice their opinion. The Bill of Rights protects this. One thing the Bill of Rights protects is being a complete idiot. You are free to be one, but are not protected from accusations and what comes with it.

CadaverDawg
12-04-2019, 01:07 AM
5-7 and a Egg Bowl loss. And hopefully a fired ass.

Tbonewannabe
12-04-2019, 10:42 AM
8-4

We will beat NM, Tulane, Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Missouri and A&M (yep, calling the A&M win now)

The A&M game this year was over in the first quarter. I am not saying that JoNoMo won't play better at home (he can't play worse on the road) but A&M is also recruiting at a top 5-10 range and they had a lot of key freshmen just dominate our guys this year. I am not sure you can call A&M a win for quite a while. At best, it is a toss up game at home and a sure loss on the road.

UK is better coached than we are so that is a loss on the road (once again Joe sucks donkey balls on the road). Ark should be a win but you never can tell how quickly a new coach can turn things around. The same with Mizzou.

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 10:45 AM
But someone could hire him away if that happens.

And...?

We're gonna catch a couple of teams a little down next season.

Tbonewannabe
12-04-2019, 10:48 AM
New Mex St - Win
at NC State - Loss
Ark - Win
Tulane - Win
A&M - Loss
Bama - Loss
LSU - Loss
AU - Loss
Mizzou - toss up - could be a loss just from the gauntlet we go through. This completely depends on the coaching hire
at UK - Loss until Joe proves he can win on the road - pretty evenly match up and UK has a better coach
AL A&M - Win
at UM - Win - just predicting a win because this game could be for 6 wins and we know that is how Joe keeps a job. If we happen to be 4-7 then we probably lose this game since Joe is fired at this point.

gravedigger
12-04-2019, 11:06 AM
So, depending on who Arky and Mizzou hire, we could very easily be 4-8 next year. Obviously I hope we 15-0, but if we are 4-8, surely we'll fire a coach who's gone 8-5, 6-7 (prediction) and 4-8! Right?!?

Absolutely

deadheaddawg
12-04-2019, 11:14 AM
7-5

NC State, New Mexico, Tulane, Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama A&M, Ole Miss

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2019, 11:29 AM

I have not been defending him. I have been explaining why we kept him and why it's not as black and white as most of y'all think. Y'all just can't comprehend that it's not just about what happens on the field or in press conference. I would have been ok either way this year.

It would help you to remember I predicted 8-4 last year, and 7-5 this year with a better chance of 6-6 than 8-4 this year. My expectations were more in line with reality so I'm not as upset as many of y'all are.