PDA

View Full Version : Possible Returners

StateDawg44
12-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Where do we stand with players potentially leaving early? I know I'm missing some, I'm just lazy and can't keep up with all that in my head.

- Kylin
- Willie Gay
- Errol

And what is the likelihood of them (or others I've left off) returning? Obviously they are all good, but all could still improve their game in different ways. Could they launch themselves into a first-round spot next year once we have everyone back and have some consistency?

Willie is really the biggest question in my eyes. It's not hard to see he's a beast. But this year had to leave a lot of unknowns if I'm a scout. Yeah, he could probably go no doubt but with a full season of showing out and doing what he does, he has a very high ceiling IMO.

Kylin could go but how bad does he need to go. Can he hold off another year? Improved blocking wouls essentially round out his tool belt and make him a high commodity. This isn't news though.

I think if Willie stays, Errol stays. No clue why. Just my hunch and I am not claiming to have any sources on the matter.

KOdawg1
12-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Errol has already announced he's staying. From everything I've seen, both Kylin and Willie are 50/50

Captain Falcon
12-03-2019, 11:43 AM
He was not mentioned in the original post but Dantzler will be leaving early. Likely a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

Commercecomet24
12-03-2019, 11:44 AM
I'm looking for Willy and Kylin to both stay but nothing's a given at this point.

StateDawg44
12-03-2019, 11:47 AM
He was not mentioned in the original post but Dantzler will be leaving early. Likely a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

Yeah, I thought about him but wasn't sure what his year was and didn't want to look it up. Hence the lazy comment.

That was kind of known from the beginning of the year. All the same applies though IMO. He could always improve his resume but I don't expect him to necessarily and definitely understand. He'll play in the NFL.

Todd4State
12-03-2019, 02:11 PM
I'm looking for Willy and Kylin to both stay but nothing's a given at this point.

Would be huge if true.

stalkingpoon
12-03-2019, 02:22 PM
What about Dantzler?

bigplayslay
12-03-2019, 02:58 PM
What about Dantzler?

Not trying to be a dick here but did you read the whole thread?

stalkingpoon
12-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Not trying to be a dick here but did you read the whole thread?

If he was mentioned in the thread, then obviously not lol

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 03:01 PM

The thing about Kylin that might determine is the life span of a NFL running back. It isn't long and he only has so many runs in those legs.

StateDawg44
12-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Very true.

ejdallas322
12-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Willie will stay

parabrave
12-03-2019, 07:04 PM
We have to wait until these kids get their draft ranking back. We won't find out till one of them declares thanks for the opportunity and I'm sitting out the bowl game to prepare for the draft speal.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Errol has already announced he's staying. From everything I've seen, both Kylin and Willie are 50/50

Errol, with the exception of a couple of games, to me was a huge disappointment this year. Not Leo Lewis, but still bad.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 07:27 PM
The thing about Kylin that might determine is the life span of a NFL running back. It isn't long and he only has so many runs in those legs.

I've seen people say this but the player has to good enough to make the 53 man roster before it matters how long his career life span is.

Kylin really really needs to work on his pass blocking and develop some versatility to actually be a usable NFL piece. How long his career will last will only matter after that.

starkvegasdawg
12-03-2019, 07:33 PM

I know Kylin tweeted a couple days ago he had to think about his family and put them first. No context so may have nothing to do with the draft but all the replies sure thought he was.

StateDawg44
12-03-2019, 08:31 PM
I get it (not really though) but this smells like Josh Robinson all over again honestly. I'd totally respect his decision either way because I know nothing about his family and if he can better his life and his family's life then hell yeah. More power to him and I wish him the best.

It'd be a tough decision no doubt.

bobcat91
12-03-2019, 08:42 PM
I get it (not really though) but this smells like Josh Robinson all over again honestly. I'd totally respect his decision either way because I know nothing about his family and if he can better his life and his family's life then hell yeah. More power to him and I wish him the best.

Unemployment doesnt help your family. He needs to come back

bigplayslay
12-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Errol, with the exception of a couple of games, to me was a huge disappointment this year. Not Leo Lewis, but still bad.

Big E led the team in tackles with 84... 3 less than his 2018 total. It was rough for him at times with Autry and Gay out but he had a good year.

Todd4State
12-03-2019, 10:22 PM
Big E led the team in tackles with 84... 3 less than his 2018 total. It was rough for him at times with Autry and Gay out but he had a good year.

He was a monster in the Egg Bowl. He does need to get into shape for next year though.

Todd4State
12-03-2019, 10:23 PM
I've seen people say this but the player has to good enough to make the 53 man roster before it matters how long his career life span is.

Kylin really really needs to work on his pass blocking and develop some versatility to actually be a usable NFL piece. How long his career will last will only matter after that.

I agree. If he comes back we need to find ways to use him in the passing game more than we have the past two years. He could help mask some deficiencies at WR potentially.

bigplayslay
12-03-2019, 10:24 PM
He was a monster in the Egg Bowl. He does need to get into shape for next year though.

7 solo and 11 total tackles.... They were all taking turns hitting Plumlee every play. Shoop with a great game plan.

TheLostDawg
12-03-2019, 11:39 PM

I agree. He's risking a lot entering the draft early. If he waits a year, he'll more likely go earlier (Moorhead has shown that he's willing to use him a lot) which means a lot less likely to get cut. Plus if he doesn't make it, at least he'll have a degree to fall back on. I really didn't think so much of this until I saw how Robinson panned out. No matter how good you did in one season as a running back, leaving as a junior is very risky. They really need to be a compete back if they're going to risk it. Being on a top 15 team also helps get picked up earlier in the draft as well

StateDawg44
12-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Being on a top 15 team also helps get picked up earlier in the draft as well

It definitely helps you get noticed.

There have been commentators saying Kylin's name wrong this year at times and he is the leading SEC rusher. Definitely doesn't get the respect he needs in my eyes.

ZedFedder
12-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Errol's season can be broken up into two parts, IMO. The first half of the year he was not what we expected. On top of his play, you also have the penalty at Auburn that was just completely dumb. I will say that he made up for it in the second half of the year. Looked like the guy we all expected.

smootness
12-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Hill is not in the same situation as Josh Robinson, he is much more highly regarded as an NFL prospect. Right now he's projected as about a 3rd round pick.

StateDawg44
12-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Hill is not in the same situation as Josh Robinson, he is much more highly regarded as an NFL prospect. Right now he's projected as about a 3rd round pick.

I don't disagree with any of that. But he could very likely go higher next year is all I'm getting at.

smootness
12-04-2019, 11:52 AM
I don't disagree with any of that. But he could very likely go higher next year is all I'm getting at.

I wouldn't say very likely. He is what he is at this point, and if anything, NFL teams are wary of more wear on a RB.

confucius say
12-04-2019, 11:59 AM

If he is a third rounder then yea, go.

confucius say
12-04-2019, 12:03 PM
I agree. If he comes back we need to find ways to use him in the passing game more than we have the past two years. He could help mask some deficiencies at WR potentially.

Said it all year. Throw to your backs!! Helaire is 11th in the league in receptions at 43. Huge part of that passing game. Hill had 17 and Gibson only 3. Dumb.

CovertDawg
12-04-2019, 12:05 PM
I could see Hill going anywhere from the 3rd round to 6th round. He is a capable NFL player but also a guy the NFL will view as largely replaceable because he does not have breakaway speed. Only way he makes more money by coming back is if he spends the summer on the track getting faster and I am not sure how much faster he can get.

bulldawg28
12-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Hill needs to leave now.