PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss has eight......

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 11:29 AM
players now in the transfer portal with more rumored to follow. They had six or seven decommits yesterday. That could have been us. Instead we have juniors that everybody thought were headed to the NFL talking about returning. Suck it up, hold you fire, and at least say nothing if you can't say anything good.

msudawglb
12-03-2019, 11:31 AM
I just looked and unless it hasn't been updated, they have no players in the transfer portal. If you look at the listing including all that they had at the first of the season, then yes, its 8....but that was months ago. There are no new players in the list I just looked at. You are pulling your info from the thread on sixpack.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 11:32 AM
I agree we would be facing the same situation if we had fired our coach.

Political Hack
12-03-2019, 11:33 AM
THEY ARE NOT OUR MEASURING STICK.

Keenum has set this program back half a decade along with the damage he's done to the academic side of the school.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 11:35 AM
I just looked and unless it hasn't been updated, they have no players in the transfer portal. If you look at the listing including all that they had at the first of the season, then yes, its 8....but that was months ago. There are no new players in the list I just looked at. You are pulling your info from the thread on sixpack.

Did I say they were new? The decommits happened yesterday. This taking up for Ole miss just because you don't like our coach has to STOP. Even if you get your way you are just making it that much harder for the next guy. They are in disarray right now IN A BIG WAY AND THAT NEEDS TO BE HARPED ON AD NAUSEUM.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Keenum has set this program back half a decade along with the damage he's done to the academic side of the school.

If you think they aren't our measuring stick then you are a big part of the problem, A HUGE PART. They are the first measuring stick we have to top before we can even think about another one. We recruit the same state for the same players and if we aren't topping them we ain't going nowhere. You are just like those Rebs who keep trying to say we aren't their real rival. You laugh at them but you are doing the EXACT same thing.

Keenum is going nowhere. That is even more laughable.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 11:40 AM
I agree we would be facing the same situation if we had fired our coach.

Possibly even worse from things I have seen and heard.

phatdog
12-03-2019, 11:43 AM

I'm a little out of touch, but I thought Keenum got rid of Templeton.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 11:44 AM

Doc did that, and he was hated too, at least on line.

Coursesuper
12-03-2019, 11:45 AM

No, that was before Keenum.

Pinto
12-03-2019, 11:45 AM
If you think they aren't our measuring stick then you are a big part of the problem, A HUGE PART. They are the first measuring stick we have to top before we can even think about another one. We recruit the same state for the same players and if we aren't topping them we ain't going nowhere. You are just like those Rebs who keep trying to say we aren't their real rival. You laugh at them but you are doing the EXACT same thing.

This is small town Mississippi thinking at the finest. If we only compare ourselves to each other and not to the top in the nation, we will not advance to any level beyond mediocrity. Think if Clemson hadn't put a plan in place to elevate themselves to the top and just wanted to be better than South Carolina every year. You, people like you, and those who think link that are why the state of MS will always rank 50th. Damn. Be better, do better, and think better.

Coursesuper
12-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Doc did that, and he was hated too, at least on line.

And by a great deal of alumni and the college board. Scott Ross got Larry moved out.

HailStateSZN19
12-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Hopefully OM hires MM as their HC and keep RR as their AHC/OC. If that happens, it's been rumored on their boards that a couple other WR's *might* hit the portal. If that were to happen, it'd sure be great if a certain freshman WR from Brandon decided he didn't want to play in their offense and hopped on over to where he should have signed in the first place. I know people keep saying "Why would any WR want to come play for the 113th best pass offense" & that's fair but everyone knows we WANT to throw it more but you CAN'T throw it more & successfully when you don't have SEC talent at WR that can separate and catch the ball. We need some WR playmakers in a baaaaddddddd way.

Dawg2003
12-03-2019, 11:53 AM

That's not exactly true. As long as we remain in the same conference, we are relevant to one another. Neither program can excel without first burying the other.

Dawg2003
12-03-2019, 11:53 AM

That's not exactly true. As long as we remain in the same conference, we are relevant to one another. Neither program can excel without first burying the other.

Dawg2003
12-03-2019, 11:58 AM
This is small town Mississippi thinking at the finest. If we only compare ourselves to each other and not to the top in the nation, we will not advance to any level beyond mediocrity. Think if Clemson hadn't put a plan in place to elevate themselves to the top and just wanted to be better than South Carolina every year. You, people like you, and those who think link that are why the state of MS will always rank 50th. Damn. Be better, do better, and think better.

But that's a bad comparison because Clemson and South Carolina aren't in the same conference. You also can't even begin to think about being nationally competitive if you can't consistently beat or out recruit your instate rival in your own conference. The people that think have any hope of being competitive with LSU and Bama are delusional. Other schools laugh at the lack of self-awareness.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 12:02 PM

YES IT IS. Guess what, that is where we recruit. EXACTLY what about saying we have to top them FIRST, as a base, before moving on to better things, prevents us from thinking bigger? ONCE AGAIN, if we ain't topping them, we dang sure aren't going to be moving on to anything bigger.

yjnkdawg
12-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Before Luke was even fired there was talk that OM could have 12 or possibly more that could enter the transfer portal. That was on, or primarily on the offensive side. and then you add in that some chose OM only to play for Luke. Like I said in an earlier post, OM telling recruits and players just what the recruits and players want to hear, but that's not the whole story, can come back to bite OM in the butt.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 12:06 PM
I swear this a board is nuts. You can't even start a thread that is intended to be a bashing of our rival without it being turned into an argument centered on MSU. It's like if it's not a thread bashing Moorhead it's not allowed.

yjnkdawg
12-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Delete

BB30
12-03-2019, 12:10 PM
YES IT IS. Guess what, that is where we recruit. EXACTLY what about saying we have to top them FIRST, as a base, before moving on to better things, prevents us from thinking bigger? ONCE AGAIN, if we ain't topping them, we dang sure aren't going to be moving on to anything bigger.

It doesn't prevent from thinking bigger. His reading comprehension isn't working today apparently.

DownwardDawg
12-03-2019, 12:14 PM

Then neither will EVER excel. Neither school will ever separate too far for very long from the other. That’s a fact. We recruit the same players every single year. Our fans live, sleep, eat, work, go to church together, etc.....
It’ll never happen.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 12:24 PM
Then neither will EVER excel. Neither school will ever separate too far for very long from the other. That’s a fact. We recruit the same players every single year. Our fans live, sleep, eat, work, go to church together, etc.....
It’ll never happen.

It can be done. It's happened at least twice. Once for each school. Saying it can't be done is basically giving up on ever being any better. That is the absolutely the required first step.

Lance Harbor
12-03-2019, 12:54 PM
Please expand on the pushing out of LT. I never got the full narrative.

And by a great deal of alumni and the college board. Scott Ross got Larry moved out.

TALL DAWG
12-03-2019, 02:02 PM

PINTO wins the BEANS right here!!!
Bravo!!

PMDawg
12-03-2019, 02:17 PM

you calling ANYONE a part of the problem is laughable.

MedDawg
12-03-2019, 02:22 PM

How? I truly don't know. We recently gained Phi Beta Kappa after trying for years/decades. We got the Grant Presidential Library. Our entering ACT scores haven't worsened. Our enrollment has continued to grow better than other 4-year schools in MS. As far as I know our research dollars haven't dropped (except for one year umder a new strange way of accounting research $). We have like the 4th or 5th fastest supercomputer in the country and seem to be on the good side of cutting edge research (hybrid cars, plane/helicopter research). This is all off the top of my head without looking anything up.

I know for years a lot of State fans REALLY wanted Keenum to be State's president. I assume partly because his DC connections would help us get more grants.

How has our academics suffered under Keenum?

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Let's be honest. It's Ole Miss and they will $ the problem.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Go to 247 and go to transfers portal, go SEC, go to Ole Miss and then go to 2020.

This says it was update today.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 03:41 PM
you calling ANYONE a part of the problem is laughable.

Glad I can entertain you. Point still stands. If we don't win Mississippi we ain't never winning much else. Mississippi is and always will be our recruiting base.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 03:42 PM
How? I truly don't know. We recently gained Phi Beta Kappa after trying for years/decades. We got the Grant Presidential Library. Our entering ACT scores haven't worsened. Our enrollment has continued to grow better than other 4-year schools in MS. As far as I know our research dollars haven't dropped (except for one year umder a new strange way of accounting research $). We have like the 4th or 5th fastest supercomputer in the country and seem to be on the good side of cutting edge research (hybrid cars, plane/helicopter research). This is all off the top of my head without looking anything up.

I know for years a lot of State fans REALLY wanted Keenum to be State's president. I assume partly because his DC connections would help us get more grants.

How has our academics suffered under Keenum?

All they look at are magazine rankings. Enrollment is actually up when it's shrinking at most places. The entering ACT average continues to rise.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 03:43 PM
Go to 247 and go to transfers portal, go SEC, go to Ole Miss and then go to 2020.

This says it was update today.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

There are nine on it now.

Bothrops
12-03-2019, 03:55 PM
players now in the transfer portal with more rumored to follow. They had six or seven decommits yesterday. That could have been us. Instead we have juniors that everybody thought were headed to the NFL talking about returning. Suck it up, hold you fire, and at least say nothing if you can't say anything good.

But but but I thought it was all gloom and doom here ..I've learned to like it now...wtf

Tripp McNeely
12-03-2019, 04:11 PM
This is a fun list too!!

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Season/2020-Football/Decommits/

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 04:13 PM
This is a fun list too!!

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Season/2020-Football/Decommits/

So it is 7, and all yesterday. I heard they had two more "stay committed" but opened their recruiting back up. That's 19 potential players for them next year that may not be there. I expect both those lists will get longer, before they start to shrink.

Coursesuper
12-03-2019, 04:30 PM
There are nine on it now.

Might want to revisit that, Chase Rogers isn?t exactly a fish yet.