PDA

View Full Version : OM kicker makes the extra point - how are things different today?

MadDawg
12-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Just ponder that for a moment. OM kicker makes the extra point. Game goes to overtime, etc. Outcome of the game isn't even important. Just think of how different things are today.

- Elijah Moore is celebrated in om circles, just as Metcalf was
- The international news is reduced to a 3-second highlight of the leg hike on SEC Now.
- Matt Luke gearing up for year 4 as the om head coach
- All of your om friends that assure you they are "embarrassed" become friends that think YOU are over-reacting. Kids will be kids.
- Would Moorhead still be here? Can't say for sure, but if we lost in OT it's anyone's guess.

Any more?

basedog
12-03-2019, 11:19 AM
No bowl game, use to be Dawg fans who pulled for a loss would be celebrating for their victory****

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 11:24 AM
No bowl game, use to be Dawg fans who pulled for a loss would be celebrating for their victory****

I doubt it because Moorhead would probably still be here.

KOdawg1
12-03-2019, 11:47 AM
Napier is our coach instead of OM's

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 11:51 AM

We may dodge that bullet. I think they keep McIntyre. A lot of boosters love the guy.

But, yeah, he makes that kick and we lose in overtime Joe is gone.

BB30
12-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Just ponder that for a moment. OM kicker makes the extra point. Game goes to overtime, etc. Outcome of the game isn't even important. Just think of how different things are today.

- The international news is reduced to a 3-second highlight of the leg hike on SEC Now.
- All of your om friends that assure you they are "embarrassed" become friends that think YOU are over-reacting. Kids will be kids.
- Would Moorhead still be here? Can't say for sure, but if we lost in OT it's anyone's guess.

Any more?

Eh we go into OT and potentially win it... May not be any different. Not like that kick was to win the game.

drunkernhelldawg
12-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Wow. Downright profound.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 12:15 PM
If OM's kicker makes extra point, I think Joe & Luke are still at MSU & OM

I think MSU would've won in OT, but, since OM wouldn't have been embarrassed, Luke would get another year

yjnkdawg
12-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Eh we go into OT and potentially win it... May not be any different. Not like that kick was to win the game.

That's why I never understood why the media said that Moore's moment of fame, with the missed extra point lost the game. I guess that was just the best talking point and headline. It could have later on in overtime, but nobody knew who would win in overtime. Although OM would have the momentum going into it.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that everything would have been Hunky Dory on the plantation, if OM had won, and we should be searching for a new coach.

basedog
12-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Not much mention of some bad calls on OM last drive. That roughing passer and pass interference was really bad!

BhamDawg205
12-03-2019, 12:41 PM
That's why I never understood why the media said that Moore's moment of fame, with the missed extra point lost the game. I guess that was just the best talking point and headline. It could have later on in overtime, but nobody knew who would win in overtime. Although OM would have the momentum going into it.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that everything would have been Hunky Dory on the plantation, if OM had won, and we should be searching for a new coach.

Joe finally made an in-game adjustment or call, that led to victory.

HailStateSZN19
12-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Although there's really no way to prove it unless Matt Luke had come out and said it after the game and I missed it, I think if Moore doesn't get that penalty they just say screw it and go for the 2pt conversion to try to win it right then and there. They had all the momentum at that point and honestly, as soon as they scored I was thinking they'd go for 2 and would get it if they tried. So in that sense, the Moore penalty prevented them from potentially winning the game instead of just tying it.

trojandawg
12-03-2019, 12:51 PM
was it him or was it an assistant that caught the penalty enforcement?

yjnkdawg
12-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Although there's really no way to prove it unless Matt Luke had come out and said it after the game and I missed it, I think if Moore doesn't get that penalty they just say screw it and go for the 2pt conversion to try to win it right then and there. They had all the momentum at that point and honestly, as soon as they scored I was thinking they'd go for 2 and would get it if they tried. So in that sense, the Moore penalty prevented them from potentially winning the game instead of just tying it.

Luke said they would have definitely still gone for the tie, if there had not been the personal foul penalty, because they thought they could win the game in overtime.

BhamDawg205
12-03-2019, 01:03 PM
was it him or was it an assistant that caught the penalty enforcement?

Good question... We know it couldn't have been Jones.

fishwater99
12-03-2019, 01:51 PM

They won't hire him, they want a proven Power 5 coach.

KOdawg1
12-03-2019, 01:56 PM
They won't hire him, they want a proven Power 5 coach.

They also said they were keeping Luke. They'll take the best they can realistically get, and I think that's Napier. I could also see them just promoting MacIntyre though which I think would be a good hire for them.

TNDawg35
12-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Should have never even gotten to the Piss and Miss... we should have never given up a 4th and 24...

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Should have never even gotten to the Piss and Miss... we should have never given up a 4th and 24...

We should have put up more than 21 points on their defense. OM's defense is not much better or worse than Kentucky's.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 02:18 PM
If he made the extra point it would have gone into over time. I like our chances with the intensity our defense was playing with.

drunkernhelldawg
12-03-2019, 03:29 PM
We should have put up more than 21 points on their defense. OM's defense is not much better or worse than Kentucky's.

And they outgained us.

We were fortunate to get the win. But I'll take it and enjoy it.

BulldogDX55
12-03-2019, 05:37 PM
We would win it in overtime. I think Luke keeps his job though.

Defense was playing well despite that last drive. Corral threw nearly three picks compared to one TD in that drive and I like those odds. We were moving the ball well enough to get 25 yards in chunks while they were feast and famine on Corrals high risk play style.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2019, 05:59 PM

Any more?

Without reading all the comments, I'll say (assuming OM wins in OT)... Moorhead is fired, Luke is retained and revered! Ole miss gets better, but teams focus on Plumlee & Ealy, so only moderately better. State gets Napier and vastly improves on the field and translates to recruiting where we finally bury OM.

Todd4State
12-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Who knows? Had they tied it we would have had overtime. We would have homefield but they would have had momentum. I think Joe would have stayed no matter what. It’s just one of those things that we’ll never really know.

DanDority
12-03-2019, 07:15 PM
We all know the moon is not Made of green cheese, but what if it were made of BBQ Spare Ribs would you eat it then?