PDA

View Full Version : Peterson, Meyer and Stoops....

basedog
12-03-2019, 09:28 AM
I read where Chris Peterson said he needed to recharge. He is 55 years old and seems to be a great decision for himself. IF sitting a year then he wants back in, he will have a ton of interest and he will be able to choose the best situation for he and his family.

He is 55 years old, Washington being a good job but not necessarily a place he could maintain the top level as a Ohio State, Oklahoma or Alabama school. With Meyer who was once burned out but came back at a school with much more potential in winning and maintaining a National Power was smart. Not sure IF his legacy isn't questionable now days. Stoops, who resigned for whatever reason except probably burned out probably want Coach at the college level again. The stress and grind is underestimated by us fans. Actually it amazes me Saban has been able to maintain what he does, but I am guessing he is cracking being 67 years old. He seems to put the fear in his players as well as coaches in motivating, but at his age and in today's society it takes special guys to buy in that grind day in and day out.

Lastly, I have much respect for Peterson, I hope he comes back and finds much success, but again stepping away for a year or so may not be the same if or when he comes back.

Just saying as I'm tired of reading about how we suck and Joe. Maybe I'm burned out**

When are we gonna bitch about Vic and Ben, It's coming it's the ED way***

Coursesuper
12-03-2019, 09:35 AM
I read where Chris Peterson said he needed to recharge. He is 55 years old and seems to be a great decision for himself. IF sitting a year then he wants back in, he will have a ton of interest and he will be able to choose the best situation for he and his family.

He is 55 years old, Washington being a good job but not necessarily a place he could maintain the top level as a Ohio State, Oklahoma or Alabama school. With Meyer who was once burned out but came back at a school with much more potential in winning and maintaining a National Power was smart. Not sure IF his legacy isn't questionable now days. Stoops, who resigned for whatever reason except probably burned out probably want Coach at the college level again. The stress and grind is underestimated by us fans. Actually it amazes me Saban has been able to maintain what he does, but I am guessing he is cracking being 67 years old. He seems to put the fear in his players as well as coaches in motivating, but at his age and in today's society it takes special guys to buy in that grind day in and day out.

Lastly, I have much respect for Peterson, I hope he comes back and finds much success, but again stepping away for a year or so may not be the same if or when he comes back.

Just saying as I'm tired of reading about how we suck and Joe. Maybe I'm burned out**

When are we gonna bitch about Vic and Ben, It's coming it's the ED way***

I could certainly think of worse places to draw a great pay check than Seattle.

coachnorm
12-03-2019, 11:28 AM
I had the opportunity to have some one on one face time with Chris Peterson. He was coaching Holiday Bowl practice at Southwestern College in the San Diego. Southwestern affiliates have great professional development being host for bowl participants. Last year, I had one on one face time with Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern. Chris Peterson is a socially well rounded man and then he is a coach as is Pat Fitzgerald. Both could set coaching aside and live fulfilling lives. I have never seen Nick Saben, in person, and his resume speaks for itself. I do not think Saban as socially well rounded and believe that Saban would wither away depressed if he was not a coach even though he has all that comfort and money.

Dawgface
12-03-2019, 11:33 AM
I bet Petersen resurfaces one day. If given the chance, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Boise State. He seemed to be happy there.

smootness
12-03-2019, 11:59 AM
I'll be honest, I read this a couple times and am still having trouble figuring out what it's saying.

was21
12-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Maybe Peterson would just rather go moose hunting in Idaho or whatever kind of hunting and fishing he does

DownwardDawg
12-03-2019, 12:09 PM
They’re all 3 fighting over the ole miss job right now. Decision to be made soon. ***

basedog
12-03-2019, 12:12 PM
I'll be honest, I read this a couple times and am still having trouble figuring out what it's saying.

Well I?ve been sitting in Sr office worn on Dic to see my wife who has a serious case of flu. So excuse the confusion.**

I wish no one gets this mess!

basedog
12-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Well I?ve been sitting in Sr office worn on Dic to see my wife who has a serious case of flu. So excuse the confusion.**

I wish no one gets this mess!

Doc office and waiting. Damn this spe check!