PDA

View Full Version : Some of You Guys Need to get a Grip

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 07:52 AM
Pray about MSU football? What are you? A weird ass Hugh Freeze disciple?

Really? You've got to be kidding me.

I am no Joe fan but some of you have completely jumped the shark.

He's trying to win games. Believe it or not, he's actually trying to win games. He is not a secret Ole Miss operative that is here trying to sabotage the program. You and I may not agree with his methods in attempting to win games, but we've got to remember that HE'S TRYING TO WIN GAMES, but by reading many of the posts on this site, you'd be led to believe that Joe was a KGB agent with a specific job of destroying MSU football.

Just think about how stupid that sounds and say out loud, "HE'S TRYING TO WIN GAMES"

With that understanding, keep this in mind.

- many of the players seem to like him
- He's got a good DC
- Our DL and Secondary is improving
- Rosey said on the BY yesterday that Willie Gay is leaning towards coming back and Kylin isn't just going to go pro to go pro. He's going to have to be a projected as a legitimate draft pick to leave.
- Shrader is legit and only getting better.
- After this scare, Joe knows that 2020 is sink or swim.
- Cohen made a list of 40 things he wanted changed in the program and let Joe know in a 4 hour meeting.
- I'm not going to say recruiting is going well, but it's not going terribly bad. Looks average

I say all this to say: stop worrying. Joe can only do just a little more damage before getting fired or he'll figure it out. The program isn't going to bottom out. Say that again, THE PROGRAM IS NOT GOING TO BOTTOM OUT

If Joe doesn't get it done next year, then he'll clearly be fired and then next guy will he taking over a solid situation.

Stop the prayer BS and fear mongering. It's not real.

msstate7
12-03-2019, 07:59 AM
You were freaking out like 2 days ago. First of month, so I guess you got lithium prescription filled, but you really need another handle called "Also Shotgun"

FISHDAWG
12-03-2019, 08:03 AM
I think everyone got the picture from that original post just looking at the responses ..... this was another unnecessary post - unless somehow it made you feel better

Dawgface
12-03-2019, 08:04 AM
007 apparently hacked his account.

Rex54
12-03-2019, 08:09 AM
I think everyone got the picture from that original post just looking at the responses ..... this was another unnecessary post - unless somehow it made you feel better

Instead of the twelve threads a day he starts he needs to just have a stickied “Shotgun’s Thoughts” thread on the page where he can go type the things that come into his head. People can respond in there if they choose but outside of that he can post his relevant thoughts in other people’s threads.

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2019, 08:09 AM
The OP in the "prayer" post said many, many times that it was a poor choice of words. It was hyperbole intended to illustrate the seriousness of Joe's flaws, 90% of us understood the intent and moved right past it without comment. You are the last person qualified to give people advice on anything other than how to post on a message board all day like it's your job.

Dawgfan77
12-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Look I don?t agree with the pray title but i think we l get the jest of what he was implying

We have a severe problem within the seal building. From out S&C program being ?voluntary? to our HC saying damn its to hot to practice outside. And get this. We don?t practice ST!!!
Culture is bad from players yelling at coaches to lack of true discipline actions taking
Sure he is trying to win games that?s his job he is just not cut out for this job . He is proving everyday that he has no idea how to run an SEC program.
Their is much much more that I could get into but I?m not.
Cohen and leadership have just gave us fans the middle finger and don?t give a Damn about us fans

HereComesTheSpiral
12-03-2019, 08:14 AM
Instead of the twelve threads a day he starts he needs to just have a stickied “Shotgun’s Thoughts” thread on the page where he can go type the things that come into his head. People can respond in there if they choose but outside of that he can post his relevant thoughts in other people’s threads.

There would be psychology dissertations written using that thread as source material.

Hambone
12-03-2019, 08:25 AM
As the saying goes you can’t the toothpaste back into the tube.

That was an absolutely awful subject thread. I don’t care how you want to word it. Sports just isn’t something you pray about.

Fans like that need to seriously take a step back and get a perspective on life. Maybe take up a few hobby’s so your sanity doesn’t rest in the hands of 18-23 year olds. Just a thought

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 08:30 AM
You were freaking out like 2 days ago. First of month, so I guess you got lithium prescription filled, but you really need another handle called "Also Shotgun"

Yes. I was pissed 2 days ago, but I have a way of seeing reality at some point and finding the silver lining and optimism within it.

I don't like Joe, but the prayer and fear mongering isn't reality. He's not good, but trust me, we could have worse.

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2019, 08:31 AM
Live look at Shotgun this morning

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/023/397/C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Dawgology
12-03-2019, 08:34 AM
You are the most bipolar mother****er I've ever encountered.

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2019, 08:37 AM
As the saying goes you can’t the toothpaste back into the tube.

That was an absolutely awful subject thread. I don’t care how you want to word it. Sports just isn’t something you pray about.

Fans like that need to seriously take a step back and get a perspective on life. Maybe take up a few hobby’s so your sanity doesn’t rest in the hands of 18-23 year olds. Just a thought

I think I can count all the people here who thought he meant to actually "pray" about Joe without even taking off my shoes. Maybe he should have asked for comprehension prayers.

msstate7
12-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Yes. I was pissed 2 days ago, but I have a way of seeing reality at some point and finding the silver lining and optimism within it.

I don't like Joe, but the prayer and fear mongering isn't reality. He's not good, but trust me, we could have worse.

Man, it doesn't bother me in the least what you or anyone posts here. I just think it's funny you have such wild swings

DownwardDawg
12-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Shotgun, man.....surely you read the thread? He admitted over and over and over that it was a poor choice of words. It was taken WAYYYYY out of context by other posters and apparently you too. It seems it's not him that needs to get a grip.

msstate7
12-03-2019, 08:44 AM
I think I can count all the people here who thought he meant to actually "pray" about Joe without even taking off my shoes. Maybe he should have asked for comprehension prayers.

Well I added "Joe to BC" to our church's prayer list. Each addition pushes one down... poor widow ms Smith will have to just get by with no heat

DownwardDawg
12-03-2019, 08:47 AM
Well I added "Joe to BC" to our church's prayer list. Each addition pushes one down... poor widow ms Smith will have to just get by with no heat

Hahahaha!!! Oh man...........................
It's good to have a sense of humor.

StateDawg44
12-03-2019, 08:51 AM

What the hell is going on?

I've seen it all now.

Rex54
12-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Shotgun, man.....surely you read the thread? He admitted over and over and over that it was a poor choice of words. It was taken WAYYYYY out of context by other posters and apparently you too. It seems it's not him that needs to get a grip.

I actually don’t think it’s a poor choice of words. People pray for their families and those around them all the time and if Moorhead stays there will be many many families negatively financially affected, Christmas gifts that can’t get bought, tithes that can’t be given. Moorhead will be a mini-recession for many in the Golden Triangle.

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 08:52 AM
Shotgun gonna Shotgun.

So, Cohen had a list of 40 things that needed to be changed with the program. 40?

Holy Frick! And we still kept his ass.

Yeah, he's trying to win Shotgun. He's trying to win "his way". Sound familiar. Hell, at this point I'm waiting for him to fell asleep on a recruit's coach.

Bubb Rubb
12-03-2019, 08:55 AM

And he should have never felt compelled to apologize. Everyone with a brain knew what he was inferring. Of all the stuff in that post, to latch on to that and make it a religion controversy is stupid. For those that did, I?m gonna pray for you.

dawgday166
12-03-2019, 08:58 AM

And when you're not seeing reality? Which is like 90% of the time.

Homedawg
12-03-2019, 08:59 AM

He's trying to win games. Believe it or not, he's actually trying to win games. He is not a secret Ole Miss operative that is here trying to sabotage the program. You and I may not agree with his methods in attempting to win games, but we've got to remember that HE'S TRYING TO WIN GAMES, but by reading many of the posts on this site, you'd be led to believe that Joe was a KGB agent with a specific job of destroying MSU football.

Just think about how stupid that sounds and say out loud, "HE'S TRYING TO WIN GAMES"

- He's got a good DC
- Rosey said on the BY yesterday that Willie Gay is leaning towards coming back and Kylin isn't just going to go pro to go pro. He's going to have to be a projected as a legitimate draft pick to leave.
- Cohen made a list of 40 things he wanted changed in the program and let Joe know in a 4 hour meeting.
- I'm not going to say recruiting is going well, but it's not going terribly bad. Looks average

I say all this to say: stop worrying. Joe can only do just a little more damage before getting fired or he'll figure it out. The program isn't going to bottom out. Say that again, THE PROGRAM IS NOT GOING TO BOTTOM OUT

If Joe doesn't get it done next year, then he'll clearly be fired and then next guy will he taking over a solid situation.

You are one of a few things, bipolar, a complete whack job, or someone who really likes attention, because you start 10 threads a day complaining about him and now this.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Shotgun gonna Shotgun.

So, Cohen had a list of 40 things that needed to be changed with the program. 40?

Holy Frick! And we still kept his ass.

Yeah, he's trying to win Shotgun. He's trying to win "his way". Sound familiar. Hell, at this point I'm waiting for him to fell asleep on a recruit's coach.

Yes. I expect him to be fired next year.

Just saying that the amount of damage he can do at this point is limited unless he completely bungles signing day.

Dawgbite
12-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Shotguns wife is slipping xanex in his Fruit Loops every morning since Saturday. It's going to take a board wide effort to keep her supplied with mood altering drugs until next season, therefore there will be a location set up for donations of any unused prescriptions you may have in your medicine cabinet. Monetary donations will be accepted as well in case we have to go with street drugs. Anybody spending the holidays in Mexico?

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 09:05 AM

Maybe he got a grip.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Probably more like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d9U_wEfieY

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 09:10 AM
Yes. I expect him to be fired next year.

Just saying that the amount of damage he can do at this point is limited unless he completely bungles signing day.

Now, I will agree with your opinion that Joe can only do so much damage before he's gone. It won't be pretty to watch but we aren't going to bottom out like Arkansas. We'll probably beat the ever living crap outta them next year too.

KentuckyDawg13
12-03-2019, 09:11 AM
I think someone obtained Shotgun's login or he is suffering from Joe-caused bipolar syndrome. *

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 09:24 AM
You are one of a few things, bipolar, a complete whack job, or someone who really likes attention, because you start 10 threads a day complaining about him and now this.

I mostly start threads to start discussion about newsworthy topics.

I enjoy taking MSU sports.

Indndawg
12-03-2019, 09:34 AM

- He's got a good DC

You taken over Shotgun's browser

BeastMan
12-03-2019, 10:08 AM

https://media.tenor.com/images/d5aec3383eae9230f229ab0e56fbd162/tenor.gif

Cowbell
12-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Can someone recommend a quality dating site.... can someone volunteer to build a profile for gun

ETA - I don’t have much vcash but I will offer it all up to the volunteer

msu15
12-03-2019, 11:22 AM
You need to get out more

BB30
12-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Look I don?t agree with the pray title but i think we l get the jest of what he was implying

We have a severe problem within the seal building. From out S&C program being ?voluntary? to our HC saying damn its to hot to practice outside. And get this. We don?t practice ST!!!
Culture is bad from players yelling at coaches to lack of true discipline actions taking
Sure he is trying to win games that?s his job he is just not cut out for this job . He is proving everyday that he has no idea how to run an SEC program.
Their is much much more that I could get into but I?m not.
Cohen and leadership have just gave us fans the middle finger and don?t give a Damn about us fans

Not every fan feels the way that you and some on here feel. So he may have given some of the fan base the middle finger but not everyone. I have talked to a bunch of state people and just about all of them are disappointed with Joe so far but also have no issues admitting he was dealt a tough hand of cards this year with injuries and tutorgate. Most are reasonable ok with giving him one more year.

It isn't like he went 2-10 or something. Recruiting hasn't dropped off at all, players aren't transferring left and right, so the program will be in about the same shape it was in before JOMO if he gets fired next year.

It's not like we are losing a ton of talent all over the place and the next coach won't have anything to work with.

Just step back off the ledge and let things play out. So many on here live in an instant gratification world where if things don't go their way they throw a hissy fit and moan and complain all day. The guy is back for at least one more year. Just get behind the team and support them regardless. It is that simple. We all know if he sucks next year he's gone.

yjnkdawg
12-03-2019, 11:54 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tk1MYNSjvZeyphe/giphy.gif

I"m shocked at this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCDawg
12-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Trust me? Pretty difficult to trust anybody who goes to such extremes. Says Hotty Toddy and says pull for Ole Miss, and now says the program is not going to bottom out with Joe and that he's just trying to win games. Just weird.

Lord McBuckethead
12-03-2019, 01:52 PM

- He's got a good DC

Exactly. Far too often we write on message boards way too much sunshine and way too much negativity. Joe is on our side. If we fired him, good. If he stays, good. Like I have said 50 times since the piss and miss, we have to change what we are doing to get to where we want to go. We have to adapt, including the rat poison fans, the offensive mindset, the football goals. Everything. Joe is working for wins. Let's work with MSU and him to get it done.

Walkerhill
12-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Do we know the thing about 40 questions from Cohen addressed in a 4 hour meeting? Source?

That actually would improve my view of things quite a bit if true. I personally feel like Joe could succeed with a little less pride and a little more accountability. Check and check, in the last week?

I hate it like everyone else that last year was wasted. It was the best chance at cfp we will ever have, and it was wasted.

But, first, I view that as more on Cohen than Joe. He hired a project coach whose system did not fit our offensive personnel. Joe just took the job. Second, paying $7M now to get rid of him will not bring last year back. Joe actually fixing the problems next year is the best option we have at this point.

HailStateSZN19
12-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Do we know the thing about 40 questions from Cohen addressed in a 4 hour meeting? Source?

That actually would improve my view of things quite a bit if true. I personally feel like Joe could succeed with a little less pride and a little more accountability. Check and check, in the last week?

I hate it like everyone else that last year was wasted. It was the best chance at cfp we will ever have, and it was wasted.

But, first, I view that as more on Cohen than Joe. He hired a project coach whose system did not fit our offensive personnel. Joe just took the job. Second, paying $7M now to get rid of him will not bring last year back. Joe actually fixing the problems next year is the best option we have at this point.

Not to stir up some argument, but 2014 was our best chance to go to the CFP. If we go into Oxfart and take care of business, we're sitting there at 11-1 with one of the best resumes in the country. Hell, we went into that game #4. Win and we're in. Instead we shit the bed and the rest is history. But, last year had a CFP caliber defense 100% only to go along with a Music City Bowl caliber offense...

Walkerhill
12-03-2019, 04:00 PM
Okay, no argument. Amend to, ‘a cfp caliber team’.

HailStateSZN19
12-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Okay, no argument. Amend to, ‘a cfp caliber team’.

No doubt there. When you have the #1 defense in the country & you return a lot of starters on offense, we should have been a CFP caliber team.

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Joe's not a problem solver. He creates problems that he doesn't see as problems. That's why I'd love to hear about these supposed 40 corrections in the program Cohen wants. I bet you Joe doesn't see half of them as something he needs to correct. He's probably looking at Cohen like "John, I don't see that as a problem. What do you mean I have to do _________ better?".

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2019, 04:22 PM
No doubt there. When you have the #1 defense in the country & you return a lot of starters on offense, we should have been a CFP caliber team.

Yeah, because our offense the year before was able to score enough on great defenses to make that possible. *******

HailStateSZN19
12-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Yeah, because our offense the year before was able to score enough on great defenses to make that possible. *******

Our offense in 2017 put up 37 on LSU, 24 on Bama, 35 on A&M (not a great defense but still an ok defense). We sucked on the road against UGA & Auburn scoring 3 & 10 and yet we STILL averaged 26.25 PPG in SEC play in 2017. We brought back a lot of key pieces and averaged 19.25 PPG in 2018 including 3 at LSU, 0 at Bama, 7 at UK, and 6 against UF. If it weren't for UPIG being historically bad and taking away the 52 against them & taking away that game, we would have averaged 14.5 PPG against the other 7 SEC opponents. If we averaged what we did in 2017, then yes we would have been a CFP contender with our defense.

(maybe I'm just reading your response wrong but think you're saying our offense in 2017 wasn't anything special compared to 2018)

BuckyIsAB****
12-03-2019, 10:00 PM
Shotgun if I counted all the things that you've said that were a poor choice of words or just totally irrational it would take way more than a grip to get it.

Im not coming at you sideways Im just saying you called me out. I know what Im talking about. I have an understanding of what it takes to win in this sport and if you disrespect it the way Moorhead has you will never win. We are not getting the effort 7 days a week 365 that it truly takes.

So the next time some of yall are whining about what Bama and others have that we dont, look in the mirror and ask yourself if we truly live it or are we just casual about it. And no Im not saying Bama prays for football wins, that was a bad choice of words and by no means was I literally saying you should pray that Moorhead is fired. I apologized about 40 times in the thread itself.. If you took that out of all of that then you have comprehension problems, thats on you.