PDA

View Full Version : Why did Moorhead change the offense against Auburn last year?

cheewgumm
12-03-2019, 12:33 AM
Has this already been said? I missed it if so.

Why did he change?

Why is he then go right back to his crappy offense two weeks later after a bye against LSU?

mparkerfd20
12-03-2019, 12:41 AM
2 offensive staff members (Huff and Hud I think) basically made him...And he felt the pressure from losing the week before.

dawgday166
12-03-2019, 12:43 AM
The bigger question is: Why won't he gameplan like that again? That's the fart smeller in the room.

He back tho. We'll see what he can do next year.

timotheus
12-03-2019, 12:49 AM
He simply doesn't understand that type system. It's way to straight forward and lacks the correct amount of reads and check downs.

msu15
12-03-2019, 03:30 AM
2 offensive staff members (Huff and Hud I think) basically made him...And he felt the pressure from losing the week before.

Marcus Johnson and Hud

Spiderman
12-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Has this already been said? I missed it if so.

Why did he change?

Why is he then go right back to his crappy offense two weeks later after a bye against LSU?

Same reason Croom ran spread option with Connor and Norwood to beat Florida, then didn't run it any more

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 09:59 AM
I'm still holding to the legend of Hud and Johnson. That game plan caught Auburn completely off guard. Isn't that the infamous "I remembered to take my coaching pills." post game presser?

RiverCityDawg
12-03-2019, 10:03 AM
I always thought it was strange that we ran that game plan out there against Auburn and then ahead of the Texas A&M game Joe basically said he'd gotten away from his identity as a play caller and he'd decided he was going back to who he was. Why did it have to be that way? Why not incorporate some of what you want to do gradually but in the meantime stick with something that fits the current identity of the team? He's a one trick pony.

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 10:13 AM
I always thought it was strange that we ran that game plan out there against Auburn and then ahead of the Texas A&M game Joe basically said he'd gotten away from his identity as a play caller and he'd decided he was going back to who he was. Why did it have to be that way? Why not incorporate some of what you want to do gradually but in the meantime stick with something that fits the current identity of the team? He's a one trick pony.

He would have to admit his perfect offense isn't so perfect. It's part of his thin skin.

TimberBeast
12-03-2019, 11:37 AM

They bought him some more time with the win, same thing that happened with the egg bowl win the other night. We just have some fools that keep falling for it.