PDA

View Full Version : Longtime listener, first-time poster

USS Relf
12-02-2019, 09:18 PM
I get all the doom and gloom. I don't blame Shoop but Moorhead did "17" everything up--as you guys say--on offense. We have the best State running back since Vic Ballard and we still can't benefit off some play-action fakes? The only problem to me IMO is he was praised as this offensive savant, one who knew plays were TDs seconds before they happened. We haven't been on the cutting edge of **17** since he got here. He has not had one breakthrough offensive moment (Ole Piss last year doesn't count, they were a paper bag). If anything he's regressed. I'll be seriously disappointed if he doesn't hire a true OC to handle the playcalling/nitty-gritty next year.

I'm glad Cohen sat down with him after the Egg Bowl. Him applying pressure goes a lot further than us ranting on message boards. Someone earlier wrote we need to be in the top 5 of PPG in the SEC next year, I totally agree. When your calling card is offense, you need to produce. Bottom line. He'll have no excuses next year because Shrader's his guy. I love the kid's talent and demeanor. To see him show that emotion taking in the game-winning TD in the Egg Bowl did a lot for me. He is a mild-mannered southern boy who finally showed some gusto in a big moment. Say what you want, he did not lose that game for us, which a LOT of freshmen QBs would have in similar spots.

I honestly think we would have done Moorhead a disservice if we'd fired him this year. Give him one more and see if he can hit 8 wins. Sprinkle in an upset or two (AUB, LSU or ALA) and his campaign is much more palatable. If there's no clear signs of tangible process, Cohen already warned him, cut him and get a jump on the next recruiting cycle.

timotheus
12-02-2019, 09:20 PM
I think many of us agree sir. good post

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Welcome!

Who knows how the meeting with Cohen went or what they talked about? Cohen from what I have heard is in Moorhead's corner. It's going to take the boosters to get rid of him unless we lose to New Mexico next year or something like that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Thunder and Lightning had a good question about the meeting between Cohen and Moorhead and which one of them brought a plan with them. If Moorhead said to Cohen that he knew we underperformed and he has a plan in plabe, we may have a chance to turn it around. If Cohen is having to tell Moorhead he needs to make changes and he refuses to, we're in for a long year next year.

Behrdawg
12-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Welcome. Please stop using "17". That's from that other site. Around here, we just say f**k or ****

Lord McBuckethead
12-02-2019, 09:53 PM
I honestly thought we were doing him a disservice as well if we canned him this year. As we all have stated before, if he would have given us anything to hang our hat on the past two seasons, it would have been clear to give him one more year. He literally has given us nothing. Offense isn't clicking, we still check with me over and over again, never use tempo, never just line up and force a defense to scramble to cover u what we want to do. Defense last year was awesome. Once in 20 years type of defense, but our O didn't help them. Special teams, 17 it. Game plan, 17 it.

JoMos entire strategy for football needs to be addressed. Kylin needed twice as many plays out of the backfield than he got this year. He should have demanded multiple guys spying him wherever he went. Thw qb should have been quick to pull the trigger on runs as well, after choice #2 was covered. Lots to unpack there, but Plumlee places defenses in a very difficult position when he pulls the icons down. He runs the RPO game I wish we would constantly in the game.

One more year, fine. Get rid of him, fine. But shit has to adjust. We have to do things differently at MSU to be successful, unless he gets 4 prime time route runners that can get open and catch the ball. So change it up, starting with the bowl game.

Lord McBuckethead
12-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Welcome. Please stop using "17". That's from that other site. Around here, we just say f**k or ****

I like 17. Dammit.

Bothrops
12-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant savant............................................ .................................................. how do you like it??

yjnkdawg
12-02-2019, 10:52 PM
Thunder and Lightning had a good question about the meeting between Cohen and Moorhead and which one of them brought a plan with them. If Moorhead said to Cohen that he knew we underperformed and he has a plan in plabe, we may have a chance to turn it around. If Cohen is having to tell Moorhead he needs to make changes and he refuses to, we're in for a long year next year.

I would imagine that's the way the meeting went, and I doubt he refuses. I imagine that Cohen probably said something like that we were not meeting our goals and expectations in our football program and there were some areas that needed attention and correction, and then laid out what they were, and possibly gave him an ultimatum. Then it's up to JoeMo to follow through and decide what needs to be done to rectify those issues. It would be nice if JoeMo realized our football program had issues, prior to the meeting, and had a plan to present in the meeting on what he planned to do to solve them, but I doubt that happened.

msu15
12-02-2019, 11:01 PM

What’s the story behind that again?

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 11:02 PM
I would imagine that's the way the meeting went, and I doubt he refuses. I imagine that Cohen probably said something like that we were not meeting our goals and expectations in our football program and there were some areas that needed attention and correction, and then laid out what they were, and possibly gave him an ultimatum. Then it's up to JoeMo to follow through and decide what needs to be done to rectify those issues. It would be nice if JoeMo realized our football program had issues, prior to the meeting, and had a plan to present in the meeting on what he planned to do to solve them, but I doubt that happened.

Based on the interviews and press conferences I think Joe knows on some level what the problems are or may be but I'm not sure he knows how to fix them.

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 11:05 PM

Then we in real trouble next year. If my nuts were about to get clipped, you better believe I would come in full bore to my boss with a proactive plan to improve things. If Moorhead didn't, then I guess he thinks everything was just fine this last year.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 11:17 PM
I hope he works out. I really do. I have no hatred in any shape or form for the guy. I have talked to him and he seems like a ordinary person who probably grew up in working class family. I really don't know but I like him. I am going to support him and the team next season. But it is his job and he needs to do it right and good. If he doesn't then he needs to go. We also need to win the bowl game and we need to have a good recruiting class. This way if he doesn't work out and we move on the next guy will not have to build. He will just have to improve. You can do a lot in the off season with Strength and Conditioning and attitude.

dantheman4248
12-03-2019, 12:54 AM
What’s the story behind that again?

Their rule 17 was to not use profanity so people just literally said 17 instead of asterisks. I think it was cause they didn't program it to censor it initially and would show up so people there would just type 17 as a way to self censor and help clean up their own language iirc

ILOATHEBears
12-03-2019, 07:24 AM
Then we in real trouble next year. If my nuts were about to get clipped, you better believe I would come in full bore to my boss with a proactive plan to improve things. If Moorhead didn't, then I guess he thinks everything was just fine this last year.

I would have come in also prepared with a plan of what to fix however it was Cohen with the list. 4 hour long meeting with over 40 items that need to change ASAP. Discipline and S&C were near the top

FISHDAWG
12-03-2019, 08:07 AM
screw one more year ... almost everyone here knows he doesn't possess whatever it takes to be successful here

Political Hack
12-03-2019, 08:35 AM
I generally agree with the get on board and quit your bitching mentality, but I did want to point out that we're not supposed to service Joe. I'm not worried about doing him a disservice. He's supposed to service the fan base. That's why he's a millionaire.

That said, Keenum owns this bag of wrenches now. If JoMo fails, Keenum's head needs to roll.

Bdawg
12-03-2019, 08:42 AM
I would have come in also prepared with a plan of what to fix however it was Cohen with the list. 4 hour long meeting with over 40 items that need to change ASAP. Discipline and S&C were near the top

This is very upsetting if true.

basedog
12-03-2019, 09:15 AM
This is very upsetting if true.

Remember it's mostly rumored, who knows what said, I'm sure there were a list from Cohen as well as Joe, not sold on 40 things, not sure I could list half that many.