PDA

View Full Version : Pray

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 08:25 PM
I dont know how many of yall are religious, I believe myself but you do what you want. But if you are, now is a great time to start praying to Jesus that we get rid of this dude some way some how bc this is bad.

There is little to no accountability and hasnt been since the outback bowl. Yall can point and laugh and doubt all you want but this is from multiple people inside the Seal building. I am kinda sick and tired of the secrecy and coded messages around here, and a lot of people not really laying it all out on the table. So I will.

Moorhead is hell in an interview, Moorhead is a good recruiter and always will be bc he can really sell himself and he really is a genuine approachable guy, nothing like the last one. BUT he has one of the biggest egos and Im better than you complexes in the world. He has also proven to be pretty incompetent. This all starts from the outback bowl 1 year ago. Cohen had to step in and help get the flight plans together bc there was at one time, our players are in Tampa FL, already having gotten their game checks with no coaches there to watch them. Some of the players got there late and missed practice time. You can guess what those players did those couple of days in Tampa FL with free money and nobody to ride rope on them. Thank Moorhead and his secretary.

Moorhead would rather lose doing things his way than win doing what we can do. The Auburn game in 2018 showed you this. He has one good win in 25 attempts. Texas A&M in 2018. Im no math savant but that is a really really shitty percentage. He is one of the biggest excuse makers I have ever seen and it has been really really disappointing to watch. It was major red flags for me hearing him talk at SEC media days this summer about how it wasnt his fault and that we havent won this in so long and havent done this and dont have that. It was all Fitz's fault and how he is building a program from the ground up. Rewind 1 year ago, almost to the day and he is talking heismans and ring sizes. He has put his foot in his mouth and wasnt ready for this.

There has been multiple coaches meetings that have been held that Moorhead wasnt even present for. There has been multiple times when Moorhead left the building before players even did after practice. There has been multiple weeks of practice of where on the offensive side, we did little to no gameplanning bc Moorhead believes that within his system we have an answer for whatever can be thrown at us. Confidence is great, arrogance is bad. It got worse when Getsy left. They clashed its why he jumped ship so early. He can blame tutorgate if he wants but none of those kids were offensive starters. 0. He has totally botched the KT situation. Both of our QBs were hurt at one point in this season, but KT got no snaps at QB all year long. It just doesnt make sense. This is the same kid that went out and beat Lamar Jackson (NFL MVP) after his HC left him to go to UF. You cant tell me he is that bad. I knew it was a major stink when Stevens was hurt against USM, Shraders helmet came off and Logan Burnett went out to take the snap. That aint right. You play the best player. Throughout all of it KT never made a problem, never got on social media and complained, all he did was see if somewhere else wanted him (I dont blame him) and Moorhead threw him the doghouse and forgot about him. He did try to right this wrong by putting him on the field at WR in the Egg so I guess I can forgive some of this.

Moorhead lost this team when he brought in Stevens. Moorhead lost it even moor when he gave Stevens the team captain role when he hadnt earned it. None of this is Stevens fault, Im not blaming him. It is on the grown man making millions of dollars to be lazy and arrogant and blame us for expecting better. To expand on this, the only form of punishment we have for a kid for missing a workout, being late etc is they have to meet Moorhead up at the building at around 6 am and have a sit down. Like detention when you were in HS. Its a joke. This is all reflected in not only our W/L record but by our body language and culture on the field. It was absolutely baffling to me all year, even when Willie Gay could play there were multiple series, honestly large chunks of games where he was standing on the sideline while we watched 10 and 40 play. 6 is vastly superior to 10 and is better than 40. 6 and 40 together are a good duo. 10 and 40 give you no athleticism. It doesnt make any sense.

Our kids knew there was a problem from the jump. Some of this is on the current senior group of players for letting this get by. But as I said, the HC instills the culture and the players maintain it. There is no toughness, there is little to no accountability and we are just getting by. He wanted to take the gloves off the other night so I figured I would. There is more but it is hard to say without naming specific names and I dont wanna do that. This is as dead as this program as been since 2008. I was more excited in 2007 bc at least Croom worked hard. Ask his players if they worked hard ask them about their culture and they will tell you, we lost but it wasnt bc we were missing workouts or cheating on online courses. Moorhead has on more than one occasion spit in the fans eyes and said it was HIS program, HIS school and HIS team. He hasnt earned that. This is our program. His comment the other night about how he couldnt see one reporter thru the egg bowl trophy made me laugh. I can promise you, every single person on this board and every single fan, alum, or player loves that trophy and hates them more than you ever could. He has no idea. And the fact that he sat there and said that like he did it himself got to me. If I was him and I was trying to look out for me and mine I reckon I would have said some of what he said too, but I also am not an excuse maker. He is doing exactly what he did at PSU but the biggest difference is he doesnt have Saquan Barkley and he aint playing Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue and Northwestern. He is in a place where you have to put the time in, you cant half ass it and expect to win. You can do that at PSU majority of the time bc the teams you are playing you are better than and honestly, they flat out dont care. The teams that are bad down here, they still care. Arkansas cares, Vandy used to care but you get my point. He has no clue and after Saturday he has no reason to make any changes. We bowed our head and showed how serious we are about truly competing in this league.

If we dont get a miracle, yall can just go ahead and count down to first pitch each year bc this program is dead as a doornail. I dont post this to influence anyone or anything. After all the rumors and Moorhead showing out after the Egg I just figured this place could use some truth. Take it for what its worth to you. Dont be surprised if we sign a good class, he will be good at it but also dont be surprised if some waver bc actions speak louder than words do. And he has admitted to being a loudmouth yankee

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 08:33 PM
I pray and believe in Lord Jesus Chris and I close all my prayers in his name but I will never waste his time with this. That's just me.

Coursesuper
12-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Thank you for laying it out there.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 08:36 PM
I pray and believe in Lord Jesus Chris and I close all my prayers in his name but I will never waste his time with this. That's just me.

Thats fine with me. Maybe I was out of line to put Him in this but the point remains

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 08:37 PM

I agree 100%. But other than that, I'm glad he put it out there.

Thanks OP.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Naw Bucky we been told he's earned another year and that what he said at the pc needed to be said*****

Well said Bucky!.Joe is a con man some of us figured it out some haven't. I know players on the team just like you do. Hell our softball coach here's son in law is on the team and I've heard the same stuff. It's why we are so soft so undisciplined and look like crap not that joe just "needs another year to adjust". I said it Saturday our admin has sent a clear message to us that we are not serious about having a successful football program. It's only gonna get worse until he's gone.

msstate7
12-02-2019, 08:39 PM
Considering our history, I don't think He's a fan of us anyway lol

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 08:40 PM
Naw Bucky we been told he's earned another year and that what he said at the pc needed to be said*****

Well said Bucky!.Joe is a con man some of us figured it out some haven't. I know players on the team just like you do. Hell our softball coach here's son in law is on the team and I've heard the same stuff. It's why we are so soft so undisciplined and look like crap not that joe just "needs another year to adjust". I said it Saturday our admin has sent a clear message to us that we are not serious about having a successful football program. It's only gonna get worse until he's gone.

I dont think he is doing anything intentionally. He is not intentionally trying to be a con man. It is just who he is. He is going to do it his way or be damned and we have been damned. It is only bc of the talent on the defensive side that we are in a bowl game for the 2nd year in a row. Nothing is going in the right damn direction. JWS and Mullen would have lost their shit if they heard about concession stands being closed or gates being opened too late. Some people would have been fired. Some were fired for less under both of them

Mjoelner34
12-02-2019, 08:42 PM
I agree 100%. But other than that, I'm glad he put it out there.

Thanks OP.

+1

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 08:43 PM
Considering our history, I don't think He's a fan of us anyway lol

I shouldnt have even mentioned religion but it was just what came to me.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 08:44 PM
I dont think he is doing anything intentionally. He is not intentionally trying to be a con man. It is just who he is. He is going to do it his way or be damned and we have been damned. It is only bc of the talent on the defensive side that we are in a bowl game for the 2nd year in a row. Nothing is going in the right damn direction. JWS and Mullen would have lost their shit if they heard about concession stands being closed or gates being opened too late. Some people would have been fired. Some were fired for less under both of them

Yep we are a total clown show right now. Joe is arrogant and pompous and evades deflects all the time, that's intentional.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 08:45 PM
I shouldnt have even mentioned religion but it was just what came to me.

It's cool I think we all know what you were saying. I don't pray over sports but I know what your intent was.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 08:47 PM
If you want any more proof of this. Go watch Kentucky. They ran the ball 48 times and threw it twice and beat their rival like a drum. Rushed for over 500 yards and put up 48 points. And Im not saying that you have to run the ball and run it only. If you can throw it, throw it. Do what your kids can do.

And yes I know we beat UK, but that was before they went to Bowden and did what they do. We had 3 1000 yard rushers in our backfield in 2018, an experienced tough OL, and one of 3 defenses EVER to have 3 first round draft picks on it. We went 8-5. In 2019 we had an experienced tough OL, 2 good RBs (one of them has a case for best in the SEC) a handful of capable TE's, and a QB sitting on the bench in a yellow hat who can go run it and throw it good enough but he never got a snap.

Coursesuper
12-02-2019, 08:48 PM
It's cool I think we all know what you were saying. I don't pray over sports but I know what your intent was.

No kidding, I'm pretty sure most can get the intent here.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 08:49 PM

I think part of MSU's problem in football is our major boosters don't know HOW to be successful. We know how to be successful in baseball because of Polk and we've built on that through his pipeline and because he was able to build the sport in the state of Mississippi. Football I don't think we really know.

It's evident based on how much we put into things like recruiting and S&C compared to the rest of the SEC.

I think we're willing to give Joe what he needs but since he doesn't know himself what to ask for he can't help him. So it's not totally all on the boosters or Cohen either.

And I'm not even sure what the goal is any more? Are we just back to the Egg Bowl and Liberty Bowl as a good season or are we trying to become a 10 win team? Does anyone at MSU know either? It's hard to tell.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 08:52 PM
I think part of MSU's problem in football is our major boosters don't know HOW to be successful. We know how to be successful in baseball because of Polk and we've built on that through his pipeline and because he was able to build the sport in the state of Mississippi. Football I don't think we really know.

It's evident based on how much we put into things like recruiting and S&C compared to the rest of the SEC.

I think we're willing to give Joe what he needs but since he doesn't know himself what to ask for he can't help him. So it's not totally all on the boosters or Cohen either.

And I'm not even sure what the goal is any more? Are we just back to the Egg Bowl and Liberty Bowl as a good season or are we trying to become a 10 win team? Does anyone at MSU know either? It's hard to tell.

This is not true. We had one of the best S&C programs in the country under Mullen. We had one of the best atmospheres and toughest places to play under him when we were 6-6. Both of these were true under Sherrill as well. Think about that. We had that under Mullen and for some parts of his tenure he was looking for a way out. MSU has a history of underachieving and not thinking we can do better bc somebody was mean to us once and told us we cant do it. Its a loser mentality and that is the biggest problem we face. Making excuses and deflecting, getting by is not going to fix it. We have one of the best weight rooms in the SEC, I have been to States, OMs and Bamas and State is better than OM by a mile and is right there with Bamas. We have one of the toughest places to play in the country when there is excitement and the fans havent been told we shouldnt expect better and to kick rocks

Coursesuper
12-02-2019, 08:55 PM
This is not true. We had one of the best S&C programs in the country under Mullen. We had one of the best atmospheres and toughest places to play under him when we were 6-6. Both of these were true under Sherrill as well. Think about that. We had that under Mullen and for some parts of his tenure he was looking for a way out. MSU has a history of underachieving and not thinking we can do better bc somebody was mean to us once and told us we cant do it. Its a loser mentality and that is the biggest problem we face. Making excuses and deflecting, getting by is not going to fix it

Preach Brother!!

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2019, 08:56 PM

It's not just you.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 08:56 PM
You know, he got a pretty big scare last week and knows he has to win games next year to survive.

Additionally, it looks like we'll survive recruiting this year.

I think he stinks, but there is only so much more damage he'll be allowed to do. This isn't a life or death situation for MSU football and certainly not something worth praying about.

And you know what? Maybe he'll figure it out.

I would've fired him, but I'm not worried about it. He'll sink or swim next year and we'll know what we got.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-02-2019, 08:57 PM
This is quite possibly the dumbest thing that has ever been written on this site, and that alone is absolutely amazing. There is so much to unpack in this wall of bullshit text that I don't even know where to start.

Some of you hate this guy so much that it is literally making you deranged. I mean WOW

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 08:58 PM
This is not true. We had one of the best S&C programs in the country under Mullen. We had one of the best atmospheres and toughest places to play under him when we were 6-6. Both of these were true under Sherrill as well. Think about that. We had that under Mullen and for some parts of his tenure he was looking for a way out. MSU has a history of underachieving and not thinking we can do better bc somebody was mean to us once and told us we cant do it. Its a loser mentality and that is the biggest problem we face. Making excuses and deflecting, getting by is not going to fix it

I agree with what you are saying but do the people in charge really know that is what I'm saying. I think the ones that want him gone obviously see it. But I think part of the issue is you have another group that doesn't know and just sees a guy in year two and thinks "hey maybe he'll get better once he gets his players in and doesn't have to deal with Tutor Gate and QB injures."

There is another side to the coin of this that someone that doesn't understand football as well as you do may see. Some people are saying that the Egg Bowl is the reason that he's coming back and that is a big part but I wonder if Tutor Gate hadn't happened if their tune would be different because the reality is that did have a big impact on our team this year. If you take away that excuse I think the issues that we're seeing are even more apparent.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 08:59 PM
This is quite possibly the dumbest thing that has ever been written on this site, and that alone is absolutely amazing. There is so much to unpack in this wall of bullshit text that I don't even know where to start.

Some of you hate this guy so much that it is literally making you deranged. I mean WOW

Yeah I have Moorhead derangement syndrome

fader2103
12-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Praying for some one to lose their job isn't what needs to be prayed for. There are two things I never pray for.
1. Any harm to be done to any other human (including things that effect livelihoods)
2. Don't pray for wins. Pray that everyone is safe any any competition.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 09:01 PM
You know, he got a pretty big scare last week and knows he has to win games next year to survive.

Additionally, it looks like we'll survive recruiting this year.

I think he stinks, but there is only so much more damage he'll be allowed to do. This isn't a life or death situation for MSU football and certainly not something worth praying about.

And you know what? Maybe he'll figure it out.

I would've fired him, but I'm not worried about it. He'll sink or swim next year and we'll know what we got.

Pretty much. And he won't be able to pull a fast one on the boosters next year.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Yeah I have Moorhead derangement syndrome

Yeah...no kidding

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 09:03 PM
I agree with what you are saying but do the people in charge really know that is what I'm saying. I think the ones that want him gone obviously see it. But I think part of the issue is you have another group that doesn't know and just sees a guy in year two and thinks "hey maybe he'll get better once he gets his players in and doesn't have to deal with Tutor Gate and QB injures."

There is another side to the coin of this that someone that doesn't understand football as well as you do may see. Some people are saying that the Egg Bowl is the reason that he's coming back and that is a big part but I wonder if Tutor Gate hadn't happened if their tune would be different because the reality is that did have a big impact on our team this year. If you take away that excuse I think the issues that we're seeing are even more apparent.

None of the tutorgate kids were starters on offense. If the Egg bowl is the reason he is back, that just goes to prove my point. We have an attitude of we cant, so why try?

UK had injuries at QB and they performed much better than we did week in and week out once they ADJUSTED to what they had. We have done none of that. The best QB on the roster, in my opinion sat on the bench the entire season bc he wanted to transfer then changed his mind. Nick Saban told a story once about Rolando McClain getting in a fight at a frat house and Saban came down on him bc thats just what he does, McClain said where I come from when someone calls you the b word you dont just stand there and do nothing so he quit. Saban ADJUSTED his approach to him and got him back and he played for a while in the league and was hell on wheels at Bama.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Praying for some one to lose their job isn't what needs to be prayed for. There are two things I never pray for.
1. Any harm to be done to any other human (including things that effect livelihoods)
2. Don't pray for wins. Pray that everyone is safe any any competition.

As I've said, I was out of line for saying that. It was immature and stupid. Call it Moorhead derangement syndrome***

fader2103
12-02-2019, 09:16 PM
I didn't realize the backlash at first. I got thru the first few lines before I hit the reply.

Coach34
12-02-2019, 09:23 PM
Bucky with a truth post

We dont let the S&C coach do his job because we fear the Mississippi heat might hurt a player
We dont cuss when we coach because we may hurt a player's feelings
We don't have a SouthFarm camp anymore because its too tough in the August heat
We micromanage Special Teams and dont let the coach do his job.
We wont run the Auburn 2018 gameplan again because "I'd rather lose than run that shit every week"

2020 is just another wasted year as we watch our team face a NC State team returning 18 starters and a Kentucky team returning 15 starters. 2 games we will lose on the road. Enjoy a lot more 11am games in 2020

NWADAWG
12-02-2019, 09:24 PM

I believe He has infinite time and that He never considers time spent sincerely talking to Him as a waste. He is concerned about the things that are important to His children.

Now, if you're prayers are completely consumed by how our football team performs, you may or may not need to reflect on what you really worship.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 09:27 PM
None of the tutorgate kids were starters on offense. If the Egg bowl is the reason he is back, that just goes to prove my point. We have an attitude of we cant, so why try?

UK had injuries at QB and they performed much better than we did week in and week out once they ADJUSTED to what they had. We have done none of that. The best QB on the roster, in my opinion sat on the bench the entire season bc he wanted to transfer then changed his mind. Nick Saban told a story once about Rolando McClain getting in a fight at a frat house and Saban came down on him bc thats just what he does, McClain said where I come from when someone calls you the b word you dont just stand there and do nothing so he quit. Saban ADJUSTED his approach to him and got him back and he played for a while in the league and was hell on wheels at Bama.

I agree again but I'm just saying there are enough influential people buying the excuses. On offense he has the "My QB got hurt and I had to go with a freshman."

sandjunky
12-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I agree again but I'm just saying there are enough influential people buying the excuses. On offense he has the "My QB got hurt and I had to go with a freshman."

Bullshit I just think he never really wanted to play KT just like he’d rather lose than implement an offense similar to the AU game last year

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 09:39 PM

Ok and so does hundreds if not thousands of teams across the country. That doesnt fly. Not for programs with a ''championship standard''

I hate to say it again but look at UK hell even Tennessee. They performed better than we did bc they have a better culture. Period. Both of them had QBs hurt and they found a way to get better despite of it

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 09:41 PM
I believe He has infinite time and that He never considers time spent sincerely talking to Him as a waste. He is concerned about the things that are important to His children.

Now, if you're prayers are completely consumed by how our football team performs, you may or may not need to reflect on what you really worship.

Look folks I didnt mean to turn this into a religious argument. I wont even try to speak for the Good Lord and I apologize for ever including it in the post. I hope He forgives me. But I wont be worried about yall forgiving me

maroonmania
12-02-2019, 09:43 PM

Shoop is keeping him afloat at the moment. The games of note we have won under Moorhead have been won with mostly defense both last year and this year. Moorhead is actually very fortunate that the bottom half of the SEC this year is trash. KY, Ark and OM are the reason he still has a job.

shoeless joe
12-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Thank you for laying it all out. And all of this type of stuff was evident when hearing the man talk with his jargon and lingo. When he has issues with a young man like aeris Williams it says a lot...a whole lot.

I will repeat...this dumbass only won 8 games with last yrs roster.

R2Dawg
12-02-2019, 09:46 PM

Same here. I don't believe Jesus is very concerned about anyone's football program except that we make an idol out of it sometimes which doesn't please him.

Behrdawg
12-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Dude, Jesus doesn't care about football. If he did, then he would've fried Hugh Freeze in hell for blasphemy where we could all see it

DLGDawg
12-02-2019, 09:47 PM
If you want any more proof of this. Go watch Kentucky. They ran the ball 48 times and threw it twice and beat their rival like a drum. Rushed for over 500 yards and put up 48 points. And Im not saying that you have to run the ball and run it only. If you can throw it, throw it. Do what your kids can do.

And yes I know we beat UK, but that was before they went to Bowden and did what they do. We had 3 1000 yard rushers in our backfield in 2018, an experienced tough OL, and one of 3 defenses EVER to have 3 first round draft picks on it. We went 8-5. In 2019 we had an experienced tough OL, 2 good RBs (one of them has a case for best in the SEC) a handful of capable TE's, and a QB sitting on the bench in a yellow hat who can go run it and throw it good enough but he never got a snap.

UK from last year told the tale. Up until that game I still had hope. Ever since that game...I have been hoping against hope that signs of change would start showing up. Still waiting....

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Bucky with a truth post

We dont let the S&C coach do his job because we fear the Mississippi heat might hurt a player
We dont cuss when we coach because we may hurt a player's feelings
We don't have a SouthFarm camp anymore because its too tough in the August heat
We micromanage Special Teams and dont let the coach do his job.
We wont run the Auburn 2018 gameplan again because "I'd rather lose than run that shit every week"

2020 is just another wasted year as we watch our team face a NC State team returning 18 starters and a Kentucky team returning 15 starters. 2 games we will lose on the road. Enjoy a lot more 11am games in 2020

I don't think people understand this very well. Joe may suddenly become the greatest game planner and play caller on the face of the planet but that's not gonna fix the soft culture problem. When a player tells you they had harder workouts in high school you know something's not right

MaroonFlounder
12-02-2019, 09:55 PM
There will come a day when I won't give 2 shits about MSU sports. The day I meet my maker.

I have an aunt that is battling cancer and a sister who is in ICU at St. Dom. My prayers are with them.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 09:56 PM
There will come a day when I won't give 2 shits about MSU sports. The day I meet my maker.

I have an aunt that is battling cancer and a sister who is in ICU at St. Dom. My prayers are with them.

As are mine now that you felt that you had to post that.

Im sorry for all of that, BUT as I said already for the 100th time, I shouldnt have put that in the post. Please understand that what do I have to do write a whole other one begging forgiveness? It was too long already

jacksondawg
12-02-2019, 09:57 PM
I take the praying part more as a figure of speech to show how much trouble our program is in rather than the op telling everyone to actually pray for a coach to lose his job. Every bit of what he said was true I know numerous players on the team and they have said there are basically no repercussions for missing class, practice, workouts, and/or treatment. The only punishment is a quick talk with Jomo about not doing it again and then a pat on the back. He has no control of the team because of this and it shows on the field.

MaroonFlounder
12-02-2019, 10:02 PM
As are mine now that you felt that you had to post that.

Im sorry for all of that, BUT as I said already for the 100th time, I shouldnt have put that in the post. Please understand that what do I have to do write a whole other one begging forgiveness? It was too long already

Sorry. I didn't read the whole thread. I just saw your original post.

Dawgface
12-02-2019, 10:05 PM

Agree.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 10:08 PM
How can this be common knowledge around the athletic department and with Cohen yet we bend over backwards to keep his ass? This is just crazy.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 10:13 PM
How can this be common knowledge around the athletic department and with Cohen yet we bend over backwards to keep his ass? This is just crazy.

Heck man Cann got away with his stuff for quite awhile too before he finally got busted. Cann had been pretty detached from the team for some time. Spent all his time on his phone at practice and let Gary and Jake run things. Lot of things have been looked the other way on.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Heck man Cann got away with his stuff for quite awhile too before he finally got busted. Cann had been pretty detached from the team for some time. Spent all his time on his phone at practice and let Gary and Jake run things. Lot of things have been looked the other way on.

I can say this, Cohen has been at some practices bc he was pissed at the way things were being done. I love Cohen. I am probably blinded to some of his flaws bc of it. Kind of like how he probably is with Moorhead bc it was his hire that got us here

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 10:17 PM

Things are never as bad as they seem and are never as good. But we are in trouble. Moorheads saving grace is he is a good recruiter. Anyone who is arguing against that is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

But there is some flaws that will never ever win at this level.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Things are never as bad as they seem and are never as good. But we are in trouble. Moorheads saving grace is he is a good recruiter. Anyone who is arguing against that is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

But there is some flaws that will never ever win at this level.

Well, I hope he recruits Boston College to take his ass.

Negative Waves
12-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Some of y’all have lost your minds. Why post this on a public message board?! What good does it do to air the teams dirty laundry (if it actually is true, which I bet 90% of it is garbage) on a site that anyone can read, including recruits? What’s next, calling our commits and telling them to drop their commitments and go to another school because of your hatred of Moorehead? This crap does nothing but cause problems for us, and don’t think for a second that crap like this posted won’t be printed out and shown to recruits. Moorehead may be Satan himself according to some of you, but self sabotaging the program is not going to make things better in the long run, it’ll just make it worse!

Jack got it right. If Moorehead pulls in a decent recruiting class, he’ll leave a stable of players for the next coach to succeed with similar to Orgeron and Nutt at Ole Miss.

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 10:34 PM

Jack, God cares about the kids that are here. Maybe not winning, but becoming men.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Bullshit I just think he never really wanted to play KT just like he?d rather lose than implement an offense similar to the AU game last year

Personally I think Shrader is better anyway. JMO.

Bubb Rubb
12-02-2019, 10:37 PM
Some of y’all have lost your minds. Why post this on a public message board?! What good does it do to air the teams dirty laundry (if it actually is true, which I bet 90% of it is garbage) on a site that anyone can read, including recruits? What’s next, calling our commits and telling them to drop their commitments and go to another school because of your hatred of Moorehead? This crap does nothing but cause problems for us, and don’t think for a second that crap like this posted won’t be printed out and shown to recruits. Moorehead may be Satan himself according to some of you, but self sabotaging the program is not going to make things better in the long run, it’ll just make it worse!

Jack got it right. If Moorehead pulls in a decent recruiting class, he’ll leave a stable of players for the next coach to succeed with similar to Orgeron and Nutt at Ole Miss.

Why not put it out on a public message board? Joe laid down the gauntlet the other night. There are valid reasons people are upset with him and being told to kick rocks is the wrong approach. So you fight fire with fire.

Thanks for the info, Bucky. And I understood the spirit of your post, so I'm not going to clutch pearls over the religious aspect of it.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Dude, Jesus doesn't care about football. If he did, then he would've fried Hugh Freeze in hell for blasphemy where we could all see it

I mean, he kind of did.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 10:42 PM

Take it for what its worth to you. Dont believe me. Doesnt matter. Im a nobody

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 10:43 PM

Cohen knows baseball. He knows little about anything else sports related really. That and he thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

Cohen is protected by people that put him in charge so it's a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours situation. That's likely a factor as to why Joe is still around too.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 10:45 PM
Personally I think Shrader is better anyway. JMO.

The last game we saw KT start was against a FCS team and he threw for about 500 tds. I know it was SFA and I know it has been discussed but Shrader aint doing that against ACU. He didnt even get a snap at QB. Im not saying Shrader aint better, but if he is it aint by much. The point is the handling of KT makes 0 sense at all. We have a guy on the roster that in my opinion could have easily helped us if not at QB somewhere else and I think he got 2 snaps all year long, both in the Egg. One was a catch and one was a penalty that he went in motion on. I do know this, he is older and more experienced than Shrader and has never been any sort of problem off the field

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 10:45 PM
Take it for what its worth to you. Dont believe me. Doesnt matter. Im a nobody

All you have to do is look at the results on the field.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 10:46 PM
I wasn't trying to criticize anyone. Everyone has their own relation with god and that is between him and you. I have my issue and my own relationship with god. I was probably the one out of line. Sorry.

YazooDawg23
12-02-2019, 10:47 PM
You people are trash. That is all.

cheewgumm
12-02-2019, 10:49 PM
It?s amazing how many people have get the need to respond to the pray comment. Good lord, we get it, you?re a great Christian.

That?s not the point. Ha

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 10:49 PM
I wasn't trying to criticize anyone. Everyone has their own relation with god and that is between him and you. I have my issue and my own relationship with god. I was probably the one out of line. Sorry.

You're good. No offense taken its just some on here are in awe and I have already apologized about 30 times

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 10:50 PM

Wow

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 10:57 PM
The last game we saw KT start was against a FCS team and he threw for about 500 tds. I know it was SFA and I know it has been discussed but Shrader aint doing that against ACU. He didnt even get a snap at QB. Im not saying Shrader aint better, but if he is it aint by much. The point is the handling of KT makes 0 sense at all. We have a guy on the roster that in my opinion could have easily helped us if not at QB somewhere else and I think he got 2 snaps all year long, both in the Egg. One was a catch and one was a penalty that he went in motion on. I do know this, he is older and more experienced than Shrader and has never been any sort of problem off the field

I don't know about that. KT was suspended earlier this year as reported by multiple people. KT's completion percentage is about 10% lower than Shrader's and both can make plays with their legs. You had Matt Wyatt today talking about how impressive it was that Shrader was able to get to his fourth read on a critical fourth down in the Egg Bowl and complete the pass. KT had 500 yards of total offense against SFA and 364 were through the air. That's a really good day against anyone but Shrader would be able to put up comparable numbers against the same type of talent.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 10:58 PM
It?s amazing how many people have get the need to respond to the pray comment. Good lord, we get it, you?re a great Christian.

That?s not the point. Ha

We're Mississippi and we're Christians dammit! I mean darn it!

maroonmania
12-02-2019, 10:59 PM

I have no way to know if what Bucky posted is 100% true or not. But anyone with eyes to watch can see that our team and our culture has become soft, very soft.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 11:01 PM
I don't know about that. KT was suspended earlier this year as reported by multiple people. KT's completion percentage is about 10% lower than Shrader's and both can make plays with their legs. You had Matt Wyatt today talking about how impressive it was that Shrader was able to get to his fourth read on a critical fourth down in the Egg Bowl and complete the pass. KT had 500 yards of total offense against SFA and 364 were through the air. That's a really good day against anyone but Shrader would be able to put up comparable numbers against the same type of talent.

Shrader cant throw. I hate to tell yall but he aint much better at it than Plumee is if at all. He is a gamer and a dawg. He reminds me of Bond. He is no doubt the guy and is going to be a good one. He made two impressive plays the other night to Thomas (who I told yall was the best WR we have) I think. He can make plays no question

But none of that changes the fact that KT's situation was bungled and its hard to answer for it. He was in trouble for a rumored failed drug test and was suspended one game so says the rumor. I have no knowledge of that. But I do know KT is a gamer as well and there was no chance in hell that Stevens was that much better than him at practice. Thats about as likely as Stevens actually being voted the team captain

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Shrader cant throw. I hate to tell yall but he aint much better at it than Plumee is if at all. He is a gamer and a dawg. He reminds me of Bond. He is no doubt the guy and is going to be a good one.

But none of that changes the fact that KT's situation was bungled and its hard to answer for it. He was in trouble for a rumored failed drug test and was suspended one game so says the rumor. I have no knowledge of that. But I do know KT is a gamer as well and there was no chance in hell that Stevens was that much better than him at practice. Thats about as likely as Stevens actually being voted the team captain

Personally I think Shrader is better than Stevens too. He just runs the team better. And no doubt Shrader needs to work on his passing but I feel like he's about where you would expect a true freshman to be. Plumlee can only throw on the run to his right.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Shrader cant throw. I hate to tell yall but he aint much better at it than Plumee is if at all. He is a gamer and a dawg. He reminds me of Bond. He is no doubt the guy and is going to be a good one. He made two impressive plays the other night to Thomas (who I told yall was the best WR we have) I think. He can make plays no question

You are delusional

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Personally I think Shrader is better than Stevens too. He just runs the team better. And no doubt Shrader needs to work on his passing but I feel like he's about where you would expect a true freshman to be. Plumlee can only throw on the run to his right.

Thats fair. He isnt bad for a true freshman who mainly wins with his legs anyway. He will come along and like I said he is the guy. He aint as good of a passer as Rogers is but Rogers aint the runner he is

BuckyIsAB****
You are delusional

No you're delusional. See how that works?

Maroonthirteen
The head of football operations makes travel arrangements and books hotels. Not Moorhead or his secretary.

KT quit the team. Have you ever played sports? What happens when you quit? You don’t usually get to come back.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-02-2019, 11:13 PM
No you're delusional. See how that works?

Sure i do, but I am not writing 1000 word diatribes asking people to pray that the current football coach is fired.

Perhaps Getsy left because he didn't enjoy being talked to like a first grader by some dipshit at Starkville QB club last year. It may have been you for all I know, but he was basically yelled at for 10 minutes about how the football team should play. I would have second thoughts after experiencing something like that too.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-02-2019, 11:15 PM
The head of football operations makes travel arrangements and books hotels. Not Moorhead or his secretary.

KT quit the team. Have you ever played sports? What happens when you quit? You don’t usually get to come back.

Heard there was no hot water in the football building this morning. Damn you, Joe!!!***

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 11:17 PM

The fact of the matter is it all comes back to the HC. If what you are saying is true then you hold the guy who screwed all of that up accountable. We dont.

KT decided to come back. You dont coach every kid the same. You think Saban or Bear Bryant never had to bring a kid back? I have played one sport all my life until I graduated high school. I am still involved with it today and my ego aint so big as to believe that if a kid beats a heisman trophy winner after his HC leaves him, then competes and never makes a problem off the field, then gets passed over for reasons that have nothing to do with his play on the field decides he wants to transfer in a day and age where everyone is transferring and having immediate success then comes back because without him I have 2 scholarship players at that position, that I would throw him in the doghouse forever and put a walk on out there before him and never let him play the position again. That makes no sense and is trying to be a power move on a team that knows you are soft anyway. Kids dont buy that. They just get more pissed off at how you handled it to begin with

Huge difference in that and poking your lip out and quitting. Saban cut Rolando McClain then brought him back bc he realized he had to handle him differently to get the best out of him. We arent all offensive savants that love to post platitudes on twitter ya know

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 11:19 PM
Sure i do, but I am not writing 1000 word diatribes asking people to pray that the current football coach is fired.

Perhaps Getsy left because he didn't enjoy being talked to like a first grader by some dipshit at Starkville QB club last year. It may have been you for all I know, but he was basically yelled at for 10 minutes about how the football team should play. I would have second thoughts after experiencing something like that too.

Well if that was after one of our offensive explosions we had last ear maybe the dude had a point. Getsy is a grown ass man who has coached in the NFL and has dealt with way worse. I doubt he left for that reason alone. If your skin is that thin, idk kind of like bringing up a story about your daughter crying bc somebody said you sucked after you lost to a trainwreck of a team after a bye maybe coaching football isnt the career for you.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-02-2019, 11:30 PM
Well if that was after one of our offensive explosions we had last ear maybe the dude had a point. Getsy is a grown ass man who has coached in the NFL and has dealt with way worse. I doubt he left for that reason alone. If your skin is that thin, idk kind of like bringing up a story about your daughter crying bc somebody said you sucked after you lost to a trainwreck of a team after a bye maybe coaching football isnt the career for you.

a 7-5 third in the SEC east train wreck of a team at home? You can't have it both ways either the SEC is too good and competitive for Joe to coach in, or it's not.

Tennessee is going to a bowl game, and we played a bad game on the road.

AND before you name off Tennessee's early season losses and talk about how shitty they are, I will just go ahead and stop you.

Your Heisman trophy winner Lamar Jackson lost to NC State, Boston College, and Wake Forest in 2017.

Bucky is the straw king

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 11:41 PM
a 7-5 third in the SEC east train wreck of a team at home? You can't have it both ways either the SEC is too good and competitive for Joe to coach in, or it's not.

Tennessee is going to a bowl game, and we played a bad game on the road.

AND before you name off Tennessee's early season losses and talk about how shitty they are, I will just go ahead and stop you.

Your Heisman trophy winner Lamar Jackson lost to NC State, Boston College, and Wake Forest in 2017.

Bucky is the straw king

Yeah they were really rolling at the time with that true freshman QB they put in. Coming off a beatdown at home to UGA. Couldnt run the ball on anyone then they pounded our ass to a pulp. Not gonna blame the defense though it was the savant and his explosive offense that really lost the game. Leaving Stevens in till the 4th then putting a rumored to be hurt at the time Shrader out there to lead us on our one scoring possession of the game with KT standing there in his yellow hat. Moorhead reading his playsheet that has every answer known to football gods on it. Why gameplan for them when we can do all of that?

The SEC is too good for him right now, Tennessee made adjustments and got better as the year went. We did nothing and stayed the same. We consistently gave other teams defenses their best showings of the year. Caught yourself there Bruce. Lamar Jackson put up 25, 42 and 32 points in those losses btw. Moorhead has put up 28 on one SEC team with a pulse in 16 tries

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2019, 11:45 PM
And Bruce, how many more shitty performances on the road do you give him before you realize that maybe thats just what we do play bad games on the road? Why do you think that is? Since Im delusional you tell me?

DeputyDawg94
12-02-2019, 11:46 PM
I understood the praying part of your post as it was meant to be taken so no harm there. I agree with you 100%. What pisses me off is 20 years from now when his Yankee ass is retired and sitting on some frozen lake ice fishing we’ll all still be here cheering for OUR program. He won’t give one rats rear end about OUR university or OUR program. He’ll still be living on the $$$$ we gave him to cluster**** us.
And all this “he’s a good recruiter” talk is meaningless as it pertains to him because even if he pulled the #1 class in the country couldn’t coach it past an 8 win season. As some have said, maybe he can leave the pantry full for the next guy.

Dogfight
12-02-2019, 11:50 PM
To confirm some of the op’s info

One if my friend’s son was a wide receiver on the team 2 years ago. He still lives in Starkville and engages with the team regularly. Our offense does not script plays to start a game. Basically, we have 4 or 5 plays that have a couple options within each. He has the team line up in a formation and check with him for the play. All of this is done on the fly and the team is confused and unsure what exactly to do that quick. The older guys know he isn’t doing things right. A senior this year tried to set some of the younger guys straight( he basically got in their face) Our head coach got on to him and made him come to his office at 6 The next morning. He told the kid he was the coach and to let him handle practice.

There’s more. But, the op knows something because it lines up with what I was told mid way through last year

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-03-2019, 12:02 AM
And Bruce, how many more shitty performances on the road do you give him before you realize that maybe thats just what we do play bad games on the road? Why do you think that is? Since Im delusional you tell me?

State has lost 6 road games since Moorhead became the coach. Of those 6 home games the combined records of the teams are 57-20 with the worst loss being to a 7-5 team. Yes you are delusional

BuckyIsAB****
12-03-2019, 12:07 AM
State has lost 6 road games since Moorhead became the coach. Of those 6 home games the combined records of the teams are 57-20 with the worst loss being to a 7-5 team. Yes you are delusional

Holy shit. Nevermind the fact that most of those games are over by halftime and most of them, probably all produce some of the worst offensive performances known to man. Come on dude. You are not that black and white about everything are you?

BuckyIsAB****
12-03-2019, 12:09 AM
Just bc the other team is good means we should not look competitive at all and just take our ass whooping and move on like nothing is wrong. Forget that we have talent and that this shit matters to people. They can kick rocks or pound sand. Whatever they choose

jacksondawg
12-03-2019, 12:09 AM
Holy shit. Nevermind the fact that most of those games are over by halftime and most of them, probably all produce some of the worst offensive performances known to man. Come on dude. You are not that black and white about everything are you?

Let me correct you most were over and decided by the end of the 1st quarter

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-03-2019, 12:19 AM
Just bc the other team is good means we should not look competitive at all and just take our ass whooping and move on like nothing is wrong. Forget that we have talent and that this shit matters to people. They can kick rocks or pound sand. Whatever they choose

I am simply stating the facts. You are letting your emotions get the best of you. You act like Dan's teams always came out prepared and played close games on the road.

In Dan's Last 2 years we lost road games:

51-3 @ Bama
49-10 @ Auburn
31-3 @ UGA - An ass whipping I personally witnessed.

Not to mention embarrassing home losses to South Alabama, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Sure, we had somewhat of a disappointing season, but things aren't nearly as bad as you let on.

dawgday166
12-03-2019, 12:26 AM
FWIW ... Dan's last 2 years he lost 7 road games whose combined records were 67-17. 1 more team - 3 fewer losses. His worst lost was to 7-5 Ky. Everyone else was 8-4 or better and I believe all won their bowl games too in 2016.

In 2017 his 2 road losses were 21-3. One won the SEC W the other won the SEC. All but 5 players, including QB & RB returned in 2018.

cheewgumm
12-03-2019, 12:31 AM
I watched al the games.

We should have beaten Kentucky and LSU and Iowa. I don?t care what their records were.

BuckyIsAB****
12-03-2019, 12:35 AM
I am simply stating the facts. You are letting your emotions get the best of you. You act like Dan's teams always came out prepared and played close games on the road.

In Dan's Last 2 years we lost road games:

51-3 @ Bama
49-10 @ Auburn
31-3 @ UGA - An ass whipping I personally witnessed.

Not to mention embarrassing home losses to South Alabama, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Sure, we had somewhat of a disappointing season, but things aren't nearly as bad as you let on.

The 51-3 loss at Bama was a totally overmatched team. 49-10 @ Auburn it wasnt over at halftime. 31-3 wasnt over at halftime. Remember Auburn beat both of them and 2 of them went to the playoffs. We were outmatched in both games. Arkansas at home we at least were competitive. I went and we scored a ton of points. Mullen micromanaged that defense to hell and back after he realized Sirmon was a slappy. Moorhead has taken a superior team and lost to an inferior one more times than he has flipped that. I cant think of one time he has beaten a better team. Danny Two Gloves last team went 9-4 could have been 10 if Mullen hadnt mullened it up and the 2016 team which was bad, largely due to his own fault still got better as the year went. Im not excusing Mullen but he was never as incompetent or soft as Moorhead. That is facts. Things are bad and are getting worse. I'd love for him to prove me wrong in the bowl. I have met him several times and can see how and why he is a great recruiter but he has done nothing to give me any confidence. Like I said you can roll your eyes and call it all moorhead derangement syndrome if you want. Im a rock kicker

dawgday166
12-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Yeah and his last team went 9-4 and the 2016 team which was bad, largely due to his own fault still got better as the year went. Im not excusing Mullen but he was never as incompetent or soft as Moorhead. That is facts. Things are bad and are getting worse. I'd love for him to prove me wrong in the bowl. I have met him several times and can see how and why he is a great recruiter but he has done nothing to give me any confidence. Like I said you can roll your eyes and call it all moorhead derangement syndrome if you want. Im a rock kicker

I don't count the broken ankle game. Even tho Fitz was the reason our offense sucked in 2018 **... he owned OM.

ETA: Ok ... sorry to interject myself into y'all's squabble. Y'all carry one. I love me some JOMO. He da man!

Coursesuper
12-03-2019, 07:28 AM

When are yall going realize when Wyatt has a coach on his show its not by coincidence? This part of a PR campaign, its as predictable as the clock ticking.

Dolphus Raymond
12-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Damn, I?m agreeing with Jack again.
The way I see it, God has bigger fish to fry than to be concerning him/herself with my football coach.

Maroonthirteen
12-03-2019, 07:55 AM
KT decided to come back. You dont coach every kid the same. You think Saban or Bear Bryant never had to bring a kid back? I have played one sport all my life until I graduated high school. I am still involved with it today and my ego aint so big as to believe that if a kid beats a heisman trophy winner after his HC leaves him, then competes and never makes a problem off the field, then gets passed over for reasons that have nothing to do with his play on the field decides he wants to transfer in a day and age where everyone is transferring and having immediate success then comes back because without him I have 2 scholarship players at that position, that I would throw him in the doghouse forever and put a walk on out there before him and never let him play the position again. That makes no sense and is trying to be a power move on a team that knows you are soft anyway. Kids dont buy that. They just get more pissed off at how you handled it to begin with

Huge difference in that and poking your lip out and quitting. Saban cut Rolando McClain then brought him back bc he realized he had to handle him differently to get the best out of him. We arent all offensive savants that love to post platitudes on twitter ya know

Cutting a guy and bringing him back is a coaching decision. A guy getting mad and going public with his intentions to transfer is a player pouting because he didn?t get named the starter. Now we can have a discussion on if bringing in Stevens was the right move but that?s a different topic and deserved its own thread.

However you paint this picture of a program that is soft and no discipline. However you want Moorhead to handle players with kid gloves. Moorhead from what I know took a typical approach of discipline by holding a player accountable and that is somehow viewed as wrong. But yet, in all other areas Moorhead is not hard enough on the team.

dawgday166
12-03-2019, 09:04 AM
FWIW ... Dan's last 2 years he lost 7 road games whose combined records were 67-17. 1 more team - 3 fewer losses. His worst lost was to 7-5 Ky. Everyone else was 8-4 or better and I believe all won their bowl games too in 2016.

In 2017 his 2 road losses were 21-3. One won the SEC W the other won the SEC. All but 5 players, including QB & RB returned in 2018.

To add one more thing to this post. Dan made like the worst DC hire in history in 2016. So that record is with no defense.

JoMo made a top 5 or so DC hire. I guess Joe should get credit for that **

KentuckyDawg13
12-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Praying for you. *

gtowndawg
12-03-2019, 09:58 AM
To add one more thing to this post. Dan made like the worst DC hire in history in 2016. So that record is with no defense.

JoMo made a top 5 or so DC hire. I guess Joe should get credit for that **

Now if he would only hire a Top 5 OC...

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 10:03 AM
To confirm some of the op’s info

One if my friend’s son was a wide receiver on the team 2 years ago. He still lives in Starkville and engages with the team regularly. Our offense does not script plays to start a game. Basically, we have 4 or 5 plays that have a couple options within each. He has the team line up in a formation and check with him for the play. All of this is done on the fly and the team is confused and unsure what exactly to do that quick. The older guys know he isn’t doing things right. A senior this year tried to set some of the younger guys straight( he basically got in their face) Our head coach got on to him and made him come to his office at 6 The next morning. He told the kid he was the coach and to let him handle practice.

There’s more. But, the op knows something because it lines up with what I was told mid way through last year

This lines up with the rumor that Joe doesn't watch a lot of film. He just organically coaches to whatever the defense is giving him that day. Now if we had an offense loaded with 5* talent we could pull that off.

Pipedream
12-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Bucky, I can ride with your general thesis here. I really have no reason not to believe you and agree with a lot of your take here. The one thing I'm gonna have to push back on is this KT discussion. If you go all the way back to last year in the LSU game when Fitz was playing like absolute dog ass and JoMo wouldn't yank him in favor of KT, I knew something was up and that JM did not trust KT at all. Any decent backup gets the nod in that spot, probably to start the 2nd half. Then he puts him in for one drive vs A&M last year and he sucked and never really played the rest of the season except for a dropped pass in the Outback Bowl. Then he starts trying to get Kelly Bryant and whiffs then spring practice starts. At this point no one has seen more KT than Joe Moorhead. And after the spring game (in which KT was awful) Joe pursued and eventually signed Stevens and he beat out KT to became our starter. My point being is that if KT was actually good enough, don't you think KT would've seized the opportunity one of the countless times he had the chance? I think if you go by the facts this whole KT deal is a witch hunt and people are looking to scapegoat Joe over it. In reality, KT just wasn't good enough to be the starter here. Or at least wasn't the last 12 months.

BB30
12-03-2019, 12:05 PM
Yeah they were really rolling at the time with that true freshman QB they put in. Coming off a beatdown at home to UGA. Couldnt run the ball on anyone then they pounded our ass to a pulp. Not gonna blame the defense though it was the savant and his explosive offense that really lost the game. Leaving Stevens in till the 4th then putting a rumored to be hurt at the time Shrader out there to lead us on our one scoring possession of the game with KT standing there in his yellow hat. Moorhead reading his playsheet that has every answer known to football gods on it. Why gameplan for them when we can do all of that?

The SEC is too good for him right now, Tennessee made adjustments and got better as the year went. We did nothing and stayed the same. We consistently gave other teams defenses their best showings of the year. Caught yourself there Bruce. Lamar Jackson put up 25, 42 and 32 points in those losses btw. Moorhead has put up 28 on one SEC team with a pulse in 16 tries

UT actually started turning the corner against UGA...

You apparently didn't watch that game but UT played physical and hard nosed in the first half. They competed extremely well just ran out of gas.

You said in a later post that the Mullen loss to UGA wasn't over at the half.. That game was over after the trick play on the first drive. We looked horrible in that game. Your revisionist history is getting in the way of logical thinking. If it weren't for a bunch of Jucos saving the day our roster would have been in shambles after 2017.

The program from a talent standpoint wasn't as good as you apparently believe. Our depth and youth on the roster wasn't that great. We had some extremely solid front end guys but our 2s and 3s( the younger guys) were not overly talented.