PDA

View Full Version : jwells Exclusive - Moorhead

jwells
12-02-2019, 07:00 PM
I can confirm that Boston College reached out to representatives for Joe Moorhead regarding the vacant head coaching position. From my sources, Moorhead and Boston College have mutual interest between them and Moorhead will interview later this week when Boston College Athletic Director Martin Jarmond begins to interview coaches. My information is coming from both sides of this but it is definitely a start. I will update more as I hear. It is not a done deal, but Joe Moorhead is a legitimate option and the door is definitely not closed.

defiantdog
12-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Please just stop

TrapGame
If he is offered the job he will take it. I still believe he is not happy here and was shocked at how difficult coaching in the SEC really is.

DownwardDawg
Forget all the rumors and here say and bickering the past few days, this makes more sense than anything that’s been posted all week. I mean why wouldn’t both sides be interested. It’s a perfect fit.
I’m not real hopeful though.

Cloak
I can confirm that Boston College reached out to representatives for Joe Moorhead regarding the vacant head coaching position. From my sources, Moorhead and Boston College have mutual interest between them and Moorhead will interview later this week when Boston College Athletic Director Martin Jarmond begins to interview coaches. My information is coming from both sides of this but it is definitely a start. I will update more as I hear. It is not a done deal, but Joe Moorhead is a legitimate option and the door is definitely not closed.

Boooo. You made it sound like something official was being presented tonight. Not just your speculation....especially with your track record

snoopdog
12-02-2019, 07:03 PM
From where we sit right now, I’ll take that possibility and hope it becomes reality.

StateDawg44
Is this "it"? What was supposed to happen at 6?

ShotgunDawg
https://media2.giphy.com/media/6JB4v4xPTAQFi/giphy.gif

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Forget all the rumors and here say and bickering the past few days, this makes more sense than anything that’s been posted all week. I mean why wouldn’t both sides be interested. It’s a perfect fit.
I’m not real hopeful though.

But remember one thing: Moorhead is a terrific interview.

bobcat91
The 247 BC site has an updated Coaching Search and Moorhead is not on the list. The list includes Don Brown who is 100 years old.

DownwardDawg
Please just stop

We never want to discourage these things whether we believe them or not. I’ve laughed at some crap people supposedly knew in the past, and I’ve believed some of it. I would really be surprised if BC didn’t at least reach out to Joe. Now I have no idea if he would take it or not.

BogeyGolfer

This isn't breaking news, I think everyone kinda of assumed that BC would at least speak with Joe's agent....That's kind of how it works, I have no inside information but I would also assume based on the past two seasons that if offered Joe would probably take that job. I know I would if I were him...

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 07:05 PM
If this were to happen, it would be awful leadership by our university due to putting us really behind the 8 ball for the early signing period.

Yes, I would like a new coach, but that needed to happen yesterday. IF this were true, the timing would be awful for us.

StateDawg44
New thread... same shit.

I'm over it. He is here next year. Period.

Wake me when there is something to be excited about.

JoseBrown
Go JoMo! I'm pulling for him....

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Very good point.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 07:07 PM
If you really want to help the program right now, pool together some money & go buy Joe a few WRs. That's what we need more than anything

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 07:08 PM
If this were to happen, it would be awful leadership by our university due to putting us really behind the 8 ball for the early signing period.

Yes, I would like a new coach, but that needed to happen yesterday. IF this were true, the timing would be awful for us.

And after the total shit storm that happened Cohen is okay with Joe talking to BC?

"You'll have to drag my Yankee ass outta here!" and he still interviews with BC?

If this actually happens Cohen should be fired right along with Joe. It's all one big con.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 07:08 PM
The 247 BC site has an updated Coaching Search and Moorhead is not on the list. The list includes Don Brown who is 100 years old.

If the BC AD doesn’t reach out to Moorehead, then he needs to be fired. Surely they see what he’s done here and Penn State and Fordham. Look at his record. Forgot how we feel about him.

bobcat91
12-02-2019, 07:09 PM
If you really want to help the program right now, pool together some money & go buy Joe a few WRs. That's what we need more than anything

We need team speed across the board. We are lacking in SEC quality athletes

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 07:10 PM

Some of you seem to forget that he wasn?t exactly on our list either.

defiantdog
12-02-2019, 07:11 PM
We never want to discourage these things whether we believe them or not. I’ve laughed at some crap people supposedly knew in the past, and I’ve believed some of it. I would really be surprised if BC didn’t at least reach out to Joe. Now I have no idea if he would take it or not.
I don't mind the rumors and speculations, but the OP has started at least 10 topics in the last 4 days. Nothing has panned out from him.

Rex54
12-02-2019, 07:12 PM

If you want to help the program you will create email address along the lines of bceaglefan34@yahoo.com and email their AD (ad@bc.edu) expressing your sincere hope that Moorhead is the head coach because he has ties to the northeast, is a savant on offense, and has been successful with two bowl games in the mighty SEC.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 07:13 PM
I don't mind the rumors and speculations, but the OP has started at least 10 topics in the last 4 days. Nothing has panned out from him.

Fair enough. But whether the OP has good sources or not this time, I still think BC has or will reach out to Mooreheads agent. It just seems like a good fit. That’s just me though, and not because of this thread. I’ve been watching the BC thing all along.

Dawg_Lover
12-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Legitimate question. Would BC publish his name while still firmly employed elsewhere?

RoseHillDog
12-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Same stuff different day.

bulldog20
Legitimate question. Would BC publish his name while still firmly employed elsewhere?

Yep. They have a few coaches on there that are already coaches elsewhere. Fickell, Drinkwitz & Skip Holtz I've seen.

Dawgfan77
I can?t not confirm nor deny this but I can say that the early signing period has pushed up the decision making for all schools

parabrave
12-02-2019, 07:20 PM

Hey Scooba Can I have Jwells Vcash when you Ban him/

bobcat91
12-02-2019, 07:21 PM

Yes. All of the coaches mentioned are employed right now in college or NFL

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Seriously though, if this has legs other people are going to find out and word will start leaking out through the usual channels.

HailStateSZN19
12-02-2019, 07:26 PM
“jwells Exclusive”= take it to the bank lol. He’s not even listed on their 247 Coaching Hot Board by their mods. If this was legit, pretty sure they’d know about it and would have posted it on their board.

Mjoelner34
12-02-2019, 07:27 PM
“jwells Exclusive”= take it to the bank lol. He’s not even listed on their 247 Coaching Hot Board by their mods. If this was legit, pretty sure they’d know about it and would have posted it on their board.

They're trying to keep it secret so we don't give him a raise*** LOL

StateDawg44
12-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Seriously though, if this has legs other people are going to find out and word will start leaking out through the usual channels.

Yeah except it doesn't, so people ain't gonna.

StarkVegasSteve
12-02-2019, 07:34 PM

I'd love to believe you, but you're the same guy who guaranteed us that Nick Weatherspoon was not returning to State and Ben Howland was retiring.....and your predictions have only gotten worse from there. Again, I'd love to believe you, but right now you're looking like the boy who cried wolf.

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 07:34 PM
Legitimate question - let’s say he interviews but doesn’t get the job. How does this make some of our old school boosters feel who let him off the hook? How does this make joe look to “HIS team”. A thought.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2019, 07:36 PM

Ahh, Don Brown. Moorehead's top choice to be our DC when he got our job.

StateDawg44
Legitimate question - let’s say he interviews but doesn’t get the job. How does this make some of our old school boosters feel who let him off the hook? How does this make joe look to “HIS team”. A thought.

Didn't you hear????

We won the Egg Bowl. That's all that matters.***

Dawg_Lover
Could there be any reason BC would want to conceal the identity of the one they’re most interested? Obviously searching for lifelines here.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Could there be any reason BC would want to conceal the identity of the one they’re most interested? Obviously searching for lifelines here.

Or the 24/7 site has no idea who the AD is targeting??

DLGDawg
12-02-2019, 07:41 PM
Some of you seem to forget that he wasn?t exactly on our list either.

Correct. It is possible that BC does not think they can pull an SEC coach. One writer?s opinion below.

? Joe Moorhead- Head Coach- Mississippi State. Once one of the top offensive minds in the country, he was a hot commodity just two years ago. This season he seemingly has fallen out of favor with Bulldogs fan, and rumor has it he wants to head back north. He has a Jesuit background, and like the others can recruit. The question remains though, would he leave MSU??

HoopsDawg
12-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Correct. It is possible that BC does not think they can pull an SEC coach. One writer?s opinion below.

? Joe Moorhead- Head Coach- Mississippi State. Once one of the top offensive minds in the country, he was a hot commodity just two years ago. This season he seemingly has fallen out of favor with Bulldogs fan, and rumor has it he wants to head back north. He has a Jesuit background, and like the others can recruit. The question remains though, would he leave MSU??

In all sincerity, Joe is the perfect fit at BC.

yjnkdawg
12-02-2019, 07:44 PM
If you want to help the program you will create email address along the lines of bceaglefan34@yahoo.com and email their AD (ad@bc.edu) expressing your sincere hope that Moorhead is the head coach because he has ties to the northeast, is a savant on offense, and has been successful with two bowl games in the mighty SEC.

Hopefully you aren't serious? If you want to actually help our football program, you watch and stay out of it and don't send anything to their AD, and just let it play out.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2019, 07:44 PM

Their list was trash.

bobcat91
12-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Their list was trash.

It is BC we are talking about. Not the cradle of coaches

Dawg_Lover
12-02-2019, 07:45 PM

Good point.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Moorhead is much more well known up in those parts than down here. Penn State up there is like Alabama down here and y'all know how some folks think any coach from Bama is damn near a home run hire. Being at PSU and having some SEC coaching experience will put Joe in the top 3 candidates. All he has to do is turn on the charm like he did with Cohen.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 07:54 PM
In all sincerity, Joe is the perfect fit at BC.

Perfect!!! We always talk about “fit”. And I think that’s very important. Think about Mike Leach at ole miss. Lane Kiffin at State. Horrible!!! Both would be horrible fits. Napier would be a great fit here. Mullen was a good fit until he started job searching. JWS was a perfect fit.
If I were a BC fan I would be jumping up and down for Moorehead. And as a State fan, I think he would do really well there.

PendingTransaction
12-02-2019, 07:59 PM

Man, you really believe in the power of email.

Dawg_Lover
12-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Trap & D-Dawg both nailed it. Plus, the asking price for coaches like that tend to appreciate with each passing year. .

Homedawg
12-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Just gonna piss me off more that we are going to be behind w a coach getting a staff together and on the road recruiting.

Doggie_Style
For Joe, the BC job would be “Cat’s Ass”...

RiverCityDawg
Perfect!!! We always talk about “fit”. And I think that’s very important. Think about Mike Leach at ole miss. Lane Kiffin at State. Horrible!!! Both would be horrible fits. Napier would be a great fit here. Mullen was a good fit until he started job searching. JWS was a perfect fit.
If I were a BC fan I would be jumping up and down for Moorehead. And as a State fan, I think he would do really well there.

I agree, and not because I want a change here. Seriously, if you're Joe why wouldn't you go get that job? Maybe he really likes it here and wants to prove some of us wrong, but if they pay him close to what we do he could reset his clock and be in an easier conference yet still power 5. To me he would have to be convinced he's going to turn it around in a big way next year to pass on the BC opportunity, assuming they would hire him.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Trap & D-Dawg both nailed it. Plus, the asking price for coaches like that tend to appreciate with each passing year. .

True. Imagine if Joe were to somehow pull out 8-4 next year. Asking price would be really high then.

bobtail bob
12-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Nobody wants this lazy blowhard bastard . His coaching doesn?t pass the eye test. Bottom line

Gutter Cobreh
12-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Hey Scooba Can I have Jwells Vcash when you Ban him/

I'll do you one better! I'll throw in 10,000,000 vcash for the person who can convince a mod to ban jwells. Doesn't have to be forever, but that troll needs a break until the new year rolls around.

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2019, 08:19 PM
I'll do you one better! I'll throw in 10,000,000 vcash for the person who can convince a mod to ban jwells. Doesn't have to be forever, but that troll needs a break until the new year rolls around.

I'm listening.. haha

R2Dawg
12-02-2019, 08:25 PM
If the BC AD doesn?t reach out to Moorehead, then he needs to be fired. Surely they see what he?s done here and Penn State and Fordham. Look at his record. Forgot how we feel about him.

Agree. But if not BC can just go kick rocks.

Cloak
12-02-2019, 09:02 PM
I'm listening.. haha

Scooba, I'll split it with you

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 09:31 PM
True. Imagine if Joe were to somehow pull out 8-4 next year. Asking price would be really high then.

If he did that and left because he became an attractive option that almost be too good to be true.

Lord McBuckethead
12-02-2019, 09:37 PM

Moorhead, Sirmon combo BC?

Lord McBuckethead
12-02-2019, 09:38 PM

Bingo. And some defensive show stoppers.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 09:39 PM
If he did that and left because he became an attractive option that almost be too good to be true.

We gotta hope Todd!

Behrdawg
12-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Please make this shit stop.

parabrave
12-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Scooba, I'll split it with you

No I asked 1st.

SipSazerac
12-03-2019, 12:55 AM

You are a troll. Just stop.

Cloak
12-03-2019, 12:59 AM
No I asked 1st.

It's a free market. You want the whole share, I'm willing to give up some as long as Jfails is outta here

JoseBrown
12-03-2019, 01:06 AM

Dude, since it seems like this isn't going over too well, maybe you can back up what you say? No one wants to out a source on our side for obvious reasons. Maybe you care to share your source on the BC side since you claim to be hearing it from both sides. What say you?

parabrave
12-03-2019, 02:01 AM
It's a free market. You want the whole share, I'm willing to give up some as long as Jfails is outta here

Hey I'll split it with ya. whats 5 million Vcash between friends.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2019, 06:55 AM
Why is it that no one else wants Joe but we do? Hmmm

Dawgology
12-03-2019, 08:43 AM
jwells scoops:

1. Howland is retiring
2: Nick Weatherspoon is not returning.
3: Both Howland and Weatherspoon are returning.
4: Moorhead is returning.
5: Moorhead is definitely returning.
6: Moorhead is leaving.
7: Moorhead may be leaving.
8: Moorhead is returning.
9: Moorhead may be going to BC.

hacker
12-03-2019, 08:50 AM
jwells scoops:

1. Howland is retiring
2: Nick Weatherspoon is not returning.
3: Both Howland and Weatherspoon are returning.
4: Moorhead is returning.
5: Moorhead is definitely returning.
6: Moorhead is leaving.
7: Moorhead may be leaving.
8: Moorhead is returning.
9: Moorhead may be going to BC.

And he titled the thread "jwells exclusive"

This is the kinda guy that sits in his closed garage sniffing his own farts for an hour before work

StateDawg44
12-03-2019, 08:54 AM
CAN CONFIRM**

phatdog
12-03-2019, 10:10 AM

This is the kinda guy that sits in his closed garage sniffing his own farts for an hour before work

Not work, his mom takes him to school.

Doggie_Style
12-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Why is it that no one else wants Joe but we do? Hmmm

At this point in time Moorhead is damaged goods......his services at HC aren't in demand for major programs....he remains at State because our broke-ass can't AFFORD to fire him

basedog
12-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Please make this shit stop.

You can!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2019, 10:49 AM

I wonder if jwells ia JShort?

BB30
12-03-2019, 11:39 AM

The same channels that leaked that JOMO was gone regardless of the OM outcome? Nobody has any inside info, most everyone has just shot from the hip on this particular topic.

tcdog70
12-03-2019, 11:43 AM

we are lacking SEC quality Coach.

TrapGame
12-03-2019, 11:50 AM
The same channels that leaked that JOMO was gone regardless of the OM outcome? Nobody has any inside info, most everyone has just shot from the hip on this particular topic.

If he is really planning on departing for BC, if offered, it will leak out. He'll tell Cohen and it will go from there.

OLJWales
12-03-2019, 11:58 AM

Bull
****ing
Shit.

We are underperforming compared to talent level. We are obviously soft due to a bad S%C program.

Lance Harbor
12-03-2019, 01:06 PM
BCeaglefan69@hotmail has already sent this email.