PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what's the truth?

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Somebody said Cohen and Keenum didn't have the pull they thought to get rid of Joe( boosters blocking it). Others say if Joe fails next year Cohen may need to go with him. Which is it? Did Cohen go to bat for Joe before the EB or could Cohen and Keenum not get enough support after winning the EB to fire him? This is important me because if Cohen was trying to move forward and couldn't, them he shouldn't be on the hook for joe's failure next year. I mean once Cohen figured out they couldn't get it done(if that's how it went down), he had to support Joe after that, right? Just think the air needs to be cleared on where Cohen and Keenum stood before the EB.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Every other program seems to be going in the right direction. I would be disappointed if Cohen was the reason Joe got another year but bottom line is the big $$$$ boosters decide when it is time for a change.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 05:13 PM
The truth?

The truth is we can all go kick rocks.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Joe is Cohen's guy. I suspect that's why we can't use the Seal money. I say that not knowing who the gate keeper of the Seal money is.

Cohen will only get rid of him if he is absolutely forced to. Keenum I think is staying the hell out of the way for now because if he took a side he's inevitably going to make the other side mad no matter which way he goes. Had we lost the Egg Bowl then yeah- I think Keenum would take the get rid of Joe side.

It sounds to me like Joe (probably planned on his personal part) to give the boosters against him the middle finger essentially no matter what the outcome.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Every other program seems to be going in the right direction. I would be disappointed if Cohen was the reason Joe got another year but bottom line is the big $$$$ boosters decide when it is time for a change.

If Cohen was smart about the money he would get rid of Joe because that's the only way to unite the boosters at this point or have a chance to. I'm 100% sure we're going to take a big hit financially from this at least short term.

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 05:15 PM
The truth?

The truth is we can all go kick rocks.

I hear ya but irrelevant to my post

Cloak
12-02-2019, 05:20 PM
The truth is, no one here knows.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 05:22 PM
I hear ya but irrelevant to my post

Nope, that's the truth. It doesn't matter what the fan base or many wealthy boosters want. It doesn't matter that the man is a very mediocre head coach. He has the support of Cohen and the The Egg Only Matters boosters. The rest of us can go kick rocks.

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 05:23 PM

I know they have the final call but I'm trying figure out from people "in the know" or act like they do, where Cohen aligned himself before the EB. I want to know if Cohen thought the guru needed to go or not?

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 05:26 PM
I know they have the final call but I'm trying figure out from people "in the know" or act like they do, where Cohen aligned himself before the EB. I want to know if Cohen thought the guru needed to go or not?

Gotcha. That would be a problem if JoNoMo keeps on the downward trend and Cohen was just too blind to see it.

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Nope, that's the truth. It doesn't matter what the fan base or many wealthy boosters want. It doesn't matter that the man is a very mediocre head coach. He has the support of Cohen and the The Egg Only Matters boosters. The rest of us can go kick rocks.

I hear ya, but was Cohen always aligned with Joe or did he have to fall inline because the "egg bowl only" boosters told him to. This will determine whether I support Cohen or not if Joe fails.

Mobile Bay
12-02-2019, 05:31 PM
Joe is Cohen's guy. I suspect that's why we can't use the Seal money. I say that not knowing who the gate keeper of the Seal money is.

Cohen will only get rid of him if he is absolutely forced to. Keenum I think is staying the hell out of the way for now because if he took a side he's inevitably going to make the other side mad no matter which way he goes. Had we lost the Egg Bowl then yeah- I think Keenum would take the get rid of Joe side.

It sounds to me like Joe (probably planned on his personal part) to give the boosters against him the middle finger essentially no matter what the outcome.

I had always heard the Seal money was locked up similar to an endowment and we only get to use the returns.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 05:55 PM
or....or... somebody accidentally spent the Seal money on stinky cups **

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2019, 05:58 PM
The legend of the Seal money. Does anyone have any proof it actually exists other than "a big booster told me".

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 06:09 PM
I had always heard the Seal money was locked up similar to an endowment and we only get to use the returns.

That makes sense because it would benefit us more to let it gain interest. I don't know all the details about how much the returns are.

Rick Danko
12-02-2019, 06:16 PM

Ding, ding, ding, ding..... we have a winner

Mjoelner34
12-02-2019, 06:33 PM
The legend of the Seal money. Does anyone have any proof it actually exists other than "a big booster told me".

The only proof I have is second-hand but it was told to me by someone who, at the time, was a head coach for an MSU athletic program. As I stated before, they had no idea of the amount since it was kept very secret but they told me it was ear-marked for only two purposes. 1. To buyout the current head football coach if we wanted to dump him. 2. To give the current head football coach a raise if we wanted to keep him. Nothing for assistants. Nothing for the recruiting budget. Nothing for facilities. Nothing for other sports. Only the two specific items listed.

AROB44
12-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Never let the lack of knowledge keep you from speaking with authority.

The above statement applies to quite a few posters on here.

Bothrops
12-02-2019, 07:10 PM

Boom

LC Dawg
12-02-2019, 07:17 PM
The only proof I have is second-hand but it was told to me by someone who, at the time, was a head coach for an MSU athletic program. As I stated before, they had no idea of the amount since it was kept very secret but they told me it was ear-marked for only two purposes. 1. To buyout the current head football coach if we wanted to dump him. 2. To give the current head football coach a raise if we wanted to keep him. Nothing for assistants. Nothing for the recruiting budget. Nothing for facilities. Nothing for other sports. Only the two specific items listed.
Did they say who we is? That's one thing I've always wondered about the "Seal Fund". If it actually exists who controls its use?

Mjoelner34
12-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Did they say who we is? That's one thing I've always wondered about the "Seal Fund". If it actually exists who controls its use?

Nope. I'm guessing the A.D.

As far as it existing, I believe it was public knowledge that a large donation was made. Any amount and ear-marked use is speculation. I was only repeating what I was told by someone who would have more knowledge of the situation than most even though they didn't know other details like the amount.

StateDawg44
12-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Great place to come for the truth here recently

OLJWales
12-02-2019, 07:44 PM
The TRUTH? You want the TRUTH? Can you HANDLE IT?

We suck and those in charge of de-suck have no balls.

R2Dawg
12-02-2019, 08:21 PM

Agree with this. Joe still was pathetic and unstable as a HC by his press conf if he thought he was singling out the big boosters. He squarely slung mud at all MSU fans.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 08:25 PM
You want the truth. Our Athletic Department used everyone sources to get the word out that Moorhead was gone regardless of the Egg Bowl result to get people to go to the game, while all the time knowing he was not going anywhere. I think we need to bring Mueller in to investigate Moorheadgate.