PDA

View Full Version : What will it take for Joe to win you back?

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:54 PM
For me:

1. Win the bowl game.

2. Finish strong in recruiting. We haven't really talked about it a lot but the silver lining here is with Joe still around plus Ole Miss searching we have an opportunity to finish strong. We probably keep Marks and I would say that the odds of keeping Forbes increased. We may be able to poach some of Ole Miss's recruits like Benson and Hayes.

3. STOP ATTACKING THE FANS AND BOOSTERS! We don't HAVE to pay to see you or make lots of sacrifices to support you. We choose to do it.

4. 8-4 with no unexpected losses next year gets me in the door. 10-2 next year with losses to LSU and Alabama on the road that are competitive wins me back. Mostly because of how he has acted. I need to see some tangible progress from him as a coach. I want to see our offense and defense in the top 5 of the SEC in PPG. That's not that huge of a leap as our offense was 7th in PPG last time I checked and we were markedly better on defense with the Tutor Gate players. Rough estimate on that- about 30 PPG (We average 27 now) and 24 PPG allowed on defense.

bulldog20
12-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Stop making the defense be his saving grace. He is an offensive coach so he needs to bail out the defense in games. 2 years in and there is no evidence it will happen.

Also, take some responsibility for the crap offense he puts on the field.

tireddawg
12-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Compete for the West. I just really don't like the guy. He's a poser, I don't have much for people like that.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 02:04 PM
For me:

1. Win the bowl game.

2. Finish strong in recruiting. We haven't really talked about it a lot but the silver lining here is with Joe still around plus Ole Miss searching we have an opportunity to finish strong. We probably keep Marks and I would say that the odds of keeping Forbes increased. We may be able to poach some of Ole Miss's recruits like Benson and Hayes.

3. STOP ATTACKING THE FANS AND BOOSTERS! We don't HAVE to pay to see you or make lots of sacrifices to support you. We choose to do it.

4. 8-4 with no unexpected losses next year gets me in the door. 10-2 next year with losses to LSU and Alabama on the road that are competitive wins me back. Mostly because of how he has acted. I need to see some tangible progress from him as a coach. I want to see our offense and defense in the top 5 of the SEC in PPG. That's not that huge of a leap as our offense was 7th in PPG last time I checked and we were markedly better on defense with the Tutor Gate players. Rough estimate on that- about 30 PPG (We average 27 now) and 24 PPG allowed on defense.

I would expound on point 4. I don't want to see a game that looks like UT ever again. That unorganized, zero effort, zero preparation, and zero adjustments during the game is a damn game check that every 17ing coach owes back to MSU. Two weeks to prepare for a UT team that is imploding and that shit on the field is unacceptable.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2019, 02:06 PM
For me:

1. Win the bowl game.

1. That's a good start.
2. Not happening. I don't think he will miraculously pull 4 stars out of the woodwork and if anyone thinks a long list of 3 stars is a strong class, then our expectations have fallen worse than I thought.
3. I agree
4. I agree

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Stop making the defense be his saving grace. He is an offensive coach so he needs to bail out the defense in games. 2 years in and there is no evidence it will happen.

Also, take some responsibility for the crap offense he puts on the field.

His offensive numbers are inflated due to running up the score as much as possible against crap teams and scoring in garbage time when teams are in cruise mode. I am genuinely curious if anyone has asked Joe why his offense has sucked so bad when SEC teams actually give a shit. We are looking at 7-10 points per game during that time. That is about what Mullen averaged against Bama during his tenure minus Dak years. So Joe has now apparently been as competitive during almost all SEC games as Mullen was against Bama.

KB21
12-02-2019, 02:13 PM
1. That's a good start.
2. Not happening. I don't think he will miraculously pull 4 stars out of the woodwork and if anyone thinks a long list of 3 stars is a strong class, then our expectations have fallen worse than I thought.
3. I agree
4. I agree

With #2, is that before or after the recruiting sites "adjust" their scores based on who is doing the recruiting?

DogsofAnarchy
12-02-2019, 02:13 PM
1. New Strength and Conditioning Coordinator who RUNS the damn show.

2. New Special Teams Coach who runs the damn show.

3. New Offensive Coordinator who runs the damn show.

CadaverDawg
12-02-2019, 02:14 PM
He isn't winning me back. Screw Joe.

Dawgfan77
12-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Nothing. He lost me against UK last year and I have never been on his train. He needs to go and not soon enough. He is thin skinned and in over his head. He has no idea how to run a big time program.

Rex54
12-02-2019, 02:18 PM
I need him to dress up in the Confederate grey uniform, jump on a horse, and ride around in a circle singing Dixie. Then his Yankee ass can start to make amends.

NaborhoodDawg
12-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Idk if he can win me back. He’s got me pretty pissed off.

1. This is a must. We have to come out and play probably the most crisp game of the season. No early penalties, look prepared, compete. No stupid shit outside of plays.

2. Depending on who OM hires, he may even get out recruited unfortunately.

3. This is something that should’ve not been allowed to go even this far. Most coaches would’ve been fired just for the comments he made after the game. Not to mention this is like the 4th time he’s said something to that effect.

4. We ain’t winning 8 games next year, much less 10. We will be 6-6, 7-5 once again. Book it.

Dawgbite
12-02-2019, 02:22 PM
For me:

1. Win the bowl game.

1. Bowl games are a crap shoot, just play hard and competitive.
2.Agree
3. Northeasterners and Southerners are different, he needs to realize that. We tend to take shit like that a little more personal than your average New Englander. Bless his heart!
4. 10-2 ain' t happening, not even on Joe and Nick decide to swap jobs for the season.7-5 floor and 9-3 ceiling and I'll call the season a success with a little more discipline on the field and around the program.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 02:24 PM
you can add most all of his games to that category. auburn, TAMU, Tennessee. Last year we let one player beat us over and over again with no answer or adaptation.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 02:25 PM
same here. he lost me against iowa last year being the final nail in the coffin. This year just further proved to be he couldn't do it with his qb which is what so many said he needed.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 02:27 PM
I will support miss state.

PMDawg
12-02-2019, 02:30 PM
After everything he has said and done, I will NEVER be a Joe Moorhead fan. If he can be successful on the field (8 to 10 wins a year, good recruiting), then I will be able to tolerate him. But I will never like the man.

State82
12-02-2019, 02:31 PM
1. New Strength and Conditioning Coordinator who RUNS the damn show.

2. New Special Teams Coach who runs the damn show.

3. New Offensive Coordinator who runs the damn show.

Ok, these will be a dang good start. In addition, win the bowl game and finish with a top 25 class. After that I will think about what he needs to do to even possibly, remotely bring me back next season.

State82
12-02-2019, 02:33 PM
deleted

Mjoelner34
9-3 with no blowout losses. Until then, I'm kicking rocks.

MadDawg

I didn't feel attacked by JoMo. Most people I know didn't.

NCDawg
12-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Nothing. He lost me against UK last year and I have never been on his train. He needs to go and not soon enough. He is thin skinned and in over his head. He has no idea how to run a big time program.

I agree with this. He's not the man to coach MS State. Bad choice by Cohen and he needs to rectify this mistake as soon as possible. Otherwise we will be on a steady decline.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 02:39 PM
I want to see this offensive genius be an actual offensive genius. We need to start putting up points on SEC defenses not named Arkansas and Kentucky. I don't think I can be fully convinced to jump back on the wagon. I think we really could do better than Joe. It was a bad hire. He should have been vetted by more than a great interview and a few glowing references. Again, Franklin didn't put up a fight to keep him and hasn't missed a beat without him.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 02:41 PM

I didn't either but if you were someone who did not like him to begin with I could see how they would interpret it.

lefty96
12-02-2019, 02:41 PM
Put together an offense that doesn't make me cringe at every snap of the ball. It's just not fun to watch.

Dawgfan77
12-02-2019, 02:52 PM
I want to see this offensive genius be an actual offensive genius. We need to start putting up points on SEC defenses not named Arkansas and Kentucky. I don't think I can be fully convinced to jump back on the wagon. I think we really could do better than Joe. It was a bad hire. He should have been vetted by more than a great interview and a few glowing references. Again, Franklin didn't put up a fight to keep him and hasn't missed a beat without him.

Give me Mcsorley Barkley and nfl TE and WR that can get separation against those might big 10 teams and I will be a savant.
191 UM
276 OSU
354 Kent state
312 Pitt
380 IU
283 OSU
304 Rutgers
Total yds at PSU. Cohen didn?t do his homework

HoopsDawg
12-02-2019, 02:55 PM

He called you a moron.

msstate7
12-02-2019, 02:58 PM
He called you a moron.

And we gave em an extra year, so maybe we are

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 02:58 PM

I’m assuming you’re talking about the Egg Bowl press conference. I’m talking about that as well as the Bob from Bogue Chitto comments.

And while not an attack on fans talking about his daughter crying was inappropriate in a press conference.

Dawgbite
12-02-2019, 02:59 PM
He called you a moron.

He called you a maroon, your ears are just dyslexic.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 02:59 PM
And we gave em an extra year, so maybe we are

Or maybe it’s our AD that’s the moron. Most of us would have fired him and dipped into the Seal money.

timotheus
12-02-2019, 03:02 PM

this and don't rave about how good the O is after the NM game next fall. If Bama, LSU and Auburn drub us to the point that we need a running clock as in the 2nd half of a high school game then new meat is needed. I am hoping against hope due to me having little confidence in the man.

Randolph Dupree
12-02-2019, 03:04 PM
joe is going to have to bring home 10-2 next year just to get me back in the door. Not sure even that would do it.

wild_dawg
12-02-2019, 03:11 PM
1. Look prepared and disciplined. Simple as that.

2. Show the ability to develop a player, while GS was a great freshman, I want to see progress.

3. Make staff changes, if Joey Jones is still on staff next it will be absolutely pathetic.

4. Finish strong in recruiting. Bust your ass on the recruiting trail.

5. Go 8-4. I don't ever want to see a Tennessee or K-State ever again.

6. Win the bowl game, it will help him a lot going into the off season. Iowa killed him last year.

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2019, 03:23 PM
First off. replace S&C and ST coaches. Next.. he either gives up being a OC or i better never see another check with me crap.
Finally. Beat 2 of the following. LSU, TX A&M, Auburn, or Alabama. And damn well better win the battle for the golden egg.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 03:26 PM
7 or 8 wins next year along with showing the ability to punch above his weight.

I want to see if he can coach his team up to compete with a blue blood.

NaborhoodDawg
12-02-2019, 03:32 PM

Our ppg this year was padded by ULL, USM, ABC, and ARK. Take those away and look at our PPG vs the teams that were actually competitive and we were pretty bad. My whole thing is this, I never expected Joe to win 10 games/yr. I still don?t. But I also didn?t expect him to beat his chest about how big of a genius he is when he goes 6-6 either. For me, he simply has to be competitive and in all the games that weren?t against bottom feeders this year, we really weren?t competitive at all.

To me it?s very black and white. He was brought in as a guy that runs an innovative offense that is centered around passing and receiving. Last year we were 13th out of 14 in both of those categories ?without his guy at QB.? This year we were 12th out of 14 ?with his guy.? This makes me wonder if it will ever get to the top 8 in the conference under him.

My other thing is that Joe Brady is a child of Joe?s offense, you don?t hear him complaining that he doesn?t have the right players for the system. He adapted it to fit what LSU had and is doing a hell of a job, something that JoeMo doesn?t have the capability or ego to allow himself to do.

Joe will save the ship if he can learn to understand that he is not the world?s greatest coach. The day he realizes that is the day that we become a good football team under him. Oh, and anyone who thinks that Joe will get an OC is wrong. His ego and pride are way too big for that.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 03:40 PM
Our ppg this year was padded by ULL, USM, ABC, and ARK. Take those away and look at our PPG vs the teams that were actually competitive and we were pretty bad. My whole thing is this, I never expected Joe to win 10 games/yr. I still don?t. But I also didn?t expect him to beat his chest about how big of a genius he is when he goes 6-6 either. For me, he simply has to be competitive and in all the games that weren?t against bottom feeders this year, we really weren?t competitive at all.

To me it?s very black and white. He was brought in as a guy that runs an innovative offense that is centered around passing and receiving. Last year we were 13th out of 14 in both of those categories ?without his guy at QB.? This year we were 12th out of 14 ?with his guy.? This makes me wonder if it will ever get to the top 8 in the conference under him.

My other thing is that Joe Brady is a child of Joe?s offense, you don?t hear him complaining that he doesn?t have the right players for the system. He adapted it to fit what LSU had and is doing a hell of a job, something that JoeMo doesn?t have the capability or ego to allow himself to do.

Joe will save the ship if he can learn to understand that he is not the world?s greatest coach. The day he realizes that is the day that we become a good football team under him. Oh, and anyone who thinks that Joe will get an OC is wrong. His ego and pride are way too big for that.

Brady has said he uses very little of Joe's offense. He was at Penn State and saw first hand Joe's amazing Swiss Army knife offense in action...and uses maybe 10% of it. He took what worked and put it with concepts he learned under Sean Payton - an actual offensive genius. Joe is a fraud and a charlatan. We were sold a dud. Franklin wanted Joe for his offensive scheme not Joe himself. Franklin pushed him out the door to take the State job. Now we know why.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Brady has said he uses very little of Joe's offense. He was at Penn State and saw first hand Joe's amazing Swiss Army knife offense in action...and uses maybe 10% of it. He took what worked and put it with concepts he learned under Sean Payton - an actual offensive genius. Joe is a fraud and a charlatan. We were sold a dud. Franklin wanted Joe for his offensive scheme not Joe himself. Franklin pushed him out the door to take the State job. Now we know why.

Joe is a shit playcaller or he wouldn't have been demoted at UConn.

Edited to add: It doesn't mean he would be a shit coach, he just doesn't seem to be able to call a good offensive gameplan against a good defense. Malzahn just took an offense that is a little more skilled than ours and put up 48 points. We barely crossed the 50 yard line like Bama was playing a high school team.

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 03:53 PM
1. Look prepared and disciplined. Simple as that.

2. Show the ability to develop a player, while GS was a great freshman, I want to see progress.

3. Make staff changes, if Joey Jones is still on staff next it will be absolutely pathetic.

4. Finish strong in recruiting. Bust your ass on the recruiting trail.

5. Go 8-4. I don't ever want to see a Tennessee or K-State ever again.

6. Win the bowl game, it will help him a lot going into the off season. Iowa killed him last year.

Bout where I'm at. Show some damn life on offense against a defense with a pulse would be nice. Don't know how that changes without major upgrades at receiver.

yjnkdawg
12-02-2019, 04:01 PM
If he is going to be our HC, I want to see him act like a HC and not be a buddy/pal type coach. Also to hire an OC, who could possibly be the new QB coach, and dissect or eliminate this wait on me offense (that will never happen though). Then he could maybe manage our football program and be a HC. Mullen and a few more coaches can swing that, but I don't think JoeMo can. (JMO). I want to see our coaches and players prepared for a game and the players maintain discipline on the field and on the sidelines. I also want him to quit trying to make our team more into a finesse type team as his philosophy concerning our strength and conditioning program shows. (JMO). We should still have Piroli's S&C program in place unless we lost it? I want us to win the games that we should, and be competitive in the ones we aren't favored, and possibly pull out a win in one of those. I could go for 8-4. I also want to see that he knows and sees there are deficiencies in our football program, and he has the initiative and desire to make the necessary changes whether it may be firing our ST coach or whatever is necessary to get us at least on the road to the next level as we were told that we were to expect when he was hired.

MadDawg
12-02-2019, 05:00 PM
He called you a moron.

No he didn't.

MadDawg
12-02-2019, 05:01 PM
talking about his daughter crying was inappropriate in a press conference.

I'll agree to that.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Bout where I'm at. Show some damn life on offense against a defense with a pulse would be nice. Don't know how that changes without major upgrades at receiver.

Joe REALLY needs Malik Heath to pan out. I thought Javonta Payton was better than Guidry and I imagine he starts next year anyway. I'm not sure what we do with the slot position. Could be Austin Williams or even Tulu who is another guy Joe needs to come in and have an immediate impact. We also need to get the running backs a little more involved in the passing game. Dontae Jones is a better receiver and player than Farrod at TE so that should help too along with Shrader being the guy now that Tommy is gone.

Someone really needs to emerge as a deep theat. Our completion percentage improved this year so we're catching the ball better and Guidry and Green led our team in drops so we could be improved even more there. Osirus may be able to develop into a deep threat as he has shown flashes against lesser teams like USM and Arkansas but he disappears against blue bloods. Joe really needs him to have a break out senior year.

dawgday166
12-02-2019, 06:03 PM
Maybe 12-0 and SEC Champs. Not for sure tho.

Bubb Rubb
12-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Take the Boston College job.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Take the Boston College job.

Winner!

mparkerfd20
12-02-2019, 06:42 PM
I didn't think I could like someone less than Hugh Freeze. Joe is that man. There is absolutely nothing he can do to win me back at this point. Nothing.

DeputyDawg94
12-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Brining me dump truck full of rocks. I’ve kicked em all out of my driveway and need more.

I’m not saying he can’t win me back, but it’s gonna he damn near impossible.

RougeDawg
12-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Show that he even has the slightest clue he has the feel for a game and an IQ above 80.

The Auburn 2018 game plan was banished for eternity. We were running it down KStates throat this year, averaging 6 YPC. Then we went pass happy in the 2nd half. Which led to punts and no clock running. Eventually led to a loss.

They guy coaches like he?s playing PlayStation instead of coaching in the SEC. until he learns to observe, in game, what is working and stick with it, he will continue to fail. When we are more run oriented, the offense moves the ball. For some reason JoVester keeps going away from it and wants to shove the square peg in the round hole.

He will not do these things and we will continue to underachieve. He could win me back with the above, but his track record shows he will not and will be kicking his own rocks November 2020.

msugolf
12-03-2019, 07:15 AM
Put together an offense that doesn't make me cringe at every snap of the ball. It's just not fun to watch.

The same for me. I just don't enjoy watching this offense. Boring, slow, predictable. It's like watching CSpan and eating a bread sandwich.

Indndawg
12-03-2019, 07:27 AM
West Championship....no I'm serious

Indndawg
12-03-2019, 07:28 AM
!:)

Dawgface
12-03-2019, 08:17 AM
If he can get us to 8-4 next season, competitive in the losses and recruit well I will be satisfied. Doubt I will ever be a card carrying Moorhead fan but I wasn't one with Mullen either.

ZedFedder
12-03-2019, 08:23 AM
We get to 8-4 next year, and I’m in. That’s a pretty good year considering what we have. The truth is he won’t get us there. I think 6-6 is probably next year’s record.

AusTexDawg
12-03-2019, 08:26 AM
At least 21 points by the offense in 11 games, and not getting shut out in the other one.

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2019, 08:31 AM
Football underachievement aside, he's shown me he has some major character flaws as a leader and a man. I can't get behind that.

Dawgology
12-03-2019, 08:51 AM
He needs to start winning the games in which we have more talent than the opposing team. I'm not even looking for an upset win. Just the win the ones he is supposed to.

Next year, with competent coaching, we should win: New Mexico, NC State, Arkansas, Tulane, Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama A&M, Ole Miss. We should be 8-0 against those teams because we have more talent than those teams in general.

Unfortunately with Joe, we will probably go 6-2 due to some of them being on the road and just poor game management and we will end the season at 6-6 again.

So to get me back on board a little he needs to go 8-4 next year. That is really NOT asking too much against this schedule. If he wins against a good team in a bowl then that puts us at a 9 win season and you can't complain about that.

Churchill
12-03-2019, 09:13 AM
I just flat don't like the S.O.B.. Screw him.

fader2103
12-03-2019, 09:24 AM
The old adage "Winning cures everything"

This is what I want to see in order.

1. Top 20 recruiting class
2. Win bowl game
3. Fire ST and S&C coach
4. Have a tough physical spring practice
5. Recruit his butt off in the summer
6. Start off 4-0
7. Finish regular season 8-4
8. Win the next bowl game to finish 9-4

gtowndawg
12-03-2019, 09:29 AM
Top 20 class. Win bowl. 7-5 and beat Ole Miss for a 3rd straight and I'm good. I could list all kinds of other things but if he pulls all that off, I'll tip my hat for the year.

R2Dawg
12-03-2019, 01:56 PM
For me:

1. Win the bowl game.

Agree but change the order and add one to #3 (apologize to MSU nation for his display at press conf). #3 needs to be first.

3, 1, 2, 4