parabrave
12-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Lets hear what he says.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Hope he doesn't tell Matt to kick rocks lol

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Cohen was on the monday after the Tennessee loss. Figured this would happen. Nothing ground breaking so far.

HailStateSZN19
12-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Dang, Joe said on the 4th and 3 that we went for it in the 2nd half that Shrader’s pass to Deddrick was the 4th progression on that play. To be on a positive note, that’s pretty dang impressive that a True Freshman QB in the 2nd half in a tight game in a rivalry game on a crucial play makes it through 3 progressions and then finds the 4th option and makes the throw and converts. Kid is going to be damn good! We just gotta get him some damn WR’s that can separate and catch the freaking ball.

parabrave
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Just talked about a few plays and how he is out recruiting to keep on building the program and he was thankful for the fans support. Oh and he needs the fans support for the bowl game.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM
He's on the road recruiting and then they broke down a couple of plays. JoMo ended it by reaching out to the fans and thanking them for their support. The PR campaign has begun.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2019, 01:29 PM
He's on the road recruiting and then they broke down a couple of plays. JoMo ended it by reaching out to the fans and thanking them for their support. The PR campaign has begun.

Damage control 101.

DeputyDawg94
12-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Not saying he can’t win me back but as of right now he can kiss my rock kicking sand pounding ass!

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 01:31 PM

Yeah I having him on Matts show at lunchtime on Monday morning is extremely well calculated

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Matt is one of the people that I would love to sit down and have a few beers with and hear his side of some of this

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Yeah I having him on Matts show at lunchtime on Monday morning is extremely well calculated

Hahaha! + 1

R2Dawg
12-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Not saying he can?t win me back but as of right now he can kiss my rock kicking sand pounding ass!

Joe needs to man up and apologize for his press conference if he wants to make it right with MSU family. He is taking to low road now. Like insulting your wife and then saying hey want to go have dinner and a movie with no apology; not gonna fly.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2019, 01:37 PM
He really should have taken back the comment about the 2018 team.

That was a damn talented football team. To go 8-5 with that team was something worthy of an apology.

If that team can only go 8-5 I am concerned about next year's team.

Mjoelner34
12-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Not saying he can’t win me back but as of right now he can kiss my rock kicking sand pounding ass!

Same here. Apologies and staff changes arent going to do it either. 6-3 after the Mizzou game with no blowout losses to Bama, LSU or Auburn and I may attempt to make the Alaba A&M game.

Mjoelner34
12-02-2019, 01:40 PM
I bet Joe gets some tough questions from the media this week******************

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Joe needs to man up and apologize for his press conference if he wants to make it right with MSU family. He is taking to low road now. Like insulting your wife and then saying hey want to go have dinner and a movie with no apology; not gonna fly.

An apology would go a long way toward mending some fences, imo.

“It never hurts to apologize, even if you don't mean it.”
― Jim Bouton, Ball Four

bulldawg28
12-02-2019, 01:41 PM
Dang, Joe said on the 4th and 3 that we went for it in the 2nd half that Shrader’s pass to Deddrick was the 4th progression on that play. To be on a positive note, that’s pretty dang impressive that a True Freshman QB in the 2nd half in a tight game in a rivalry game on a crucial play makes it through 3 progressions and then finds the 4th option and makes the throw and converts. Kid is going to be damn good! We just gotta get him some damn WR’s that can separate and catch the freaking ball.

I don't believe it

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:41 PM

Good. It needs to start now.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 01:46 PM
I don't believe it

I really don't either. Of course, I struggle to take anything he says seriously anymore.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Yawn.

RiverCityDawg
12-02-2019, 01:54 PM

― Jim Bouton, Ball Four

Screw that, I don't want some fake apology. I hope he wins 9 games next year and in the press conference after his 3rd consecutive Egg Bowl win he just says "Told ya, bitch!" and walks off the stage. If people need an apology that they KNOW would be fake (he's made the "'85 Bears" comment twice now, so he means it) then they need to get over their own feelings. Talking season is over, good or bad, just fix it starting today and eventually by what you put on the field in 2020 or GTFO.

confucius say
12-02-2019, 01:56 PM

― Jim Bouton, Ball Four

Yea that was an emotional night for our whole program, including me. Probably could have worded that better but here is the deal, I am passionate about this team and this university. So naturally I am defensive about it.

But I?m not blind. I know things are not where they need to be yet and, ultimately, it?s my job to get them there, regardless of adverse situations that we may face like suspensions and injuries.

Bottom line is this program needs everybody pulling in the right direction to make that happen, and I would never want to do anything to insult the best fans in America. We can?t be divided, have to be united, and I own that.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 01:59 PM

That was a damn talented football team. To go 8-5 with that team was something worthy of an apology.

Yep, people keep saying Fitz can't throw but the worst case scenario is that you fit the offense to him and let him have one or two reads and go. That UK game with Fitz not running showed that Moorhead can't adjust at all during a game. The only adjustments this year was when Stevens would go down and Shrader would take over. I think a lot of Shrader's plays were just busted plays that he took off running. Nothing to do with the "offensive genius". The only thing offensive is his attitude towards the fans expectations.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Yep, people keep saying Fitz can't throw but the worst case scenario is that you fit the offense to him and let him have one or two reads and go. That UK game with Fitz not running showed that Moorhead can't adjust at all during a game. The only adjustments this year was when Stevens would go down and Shrader would take over. I think a lot of Shrader's plays were just busted plays that he took off running. Nothing to do with the "offensive genius". The only thing offensive is his attitude towards the fans expectations.

I think his insistence on basically staying with the same personnel groupings really limits his offense. He should use two backs some. More than he did the last two years for sure. Staying with the same personnel groupings works better if you are a HUNH but we're obviously not that.

Joe pretty much wasted Malik Dear.

In the Kentucky game you're referencing putting an extra TE and/or RB would have given us more blocking support and could have turned the tide for us in that game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Hope he doesn't tell Matt to kick rocks lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

Dawg_Lover
12-02-2019, 02:17 PM
My apathy indicator is stuck dead center of the gauge right now. Not believing what he says, but watching what he does. Want to be hopeful. Only time will tell. Always backing the school doesn’t have to mean backing every person there... at least not for me.

gtowndawg
12-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Screw that, I don't want some fake apology. I hope he wins 9 games next year and in the press conference after his 3rd consecutive Egg Bowl win he just says "Told ya, bitch!" and walks off the stage.

I've not thought about it like that but by golly you're right. If he did that I'd stand up with a firm salute and say "sir, yes sir Mr. Moorhead!"

MadDawg
12-02-2019, 02:44 PM

No apology needed.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Screw that, I don't want some fake apology. I hope he wins 9 games next year and in the press conference after his 3rd consecutive Egg Bowl win he just says "Told ya, bitch!" and walks off the stage. If people need an apology that they KNOW would be fake (he's made the "'85 Bears" comment twice now, so he means it) then they need to get over their own feelings. Talking season is over, good or bad, just fix it starting today and eventually by what you put on the field in 2020 or GTFO.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree. The point I'm getting at is there is a big divide right now between the admin, some of the money people and fanbase. For the good of MSU it needs to be mended and joe apologizing would be a start, that being said he ain't gonna do it, and i'm doubtful that anything will change, but for the good of MSU it's gotta get fixed.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Yea that was an emotional night for our whole program, including me. Probably could have worded that better but here is the deal, I am passionate about this team and this university. So naturally I am defensive about it.

But I?m not blind. I know things are not where they need to be yet and, ultimately, it?s my job to get them there, regardless of adverse situations that we may face like suspensions and injuries.

Bottom line is this program needs everybody pulling in the right direction to make that happen, and I would never want to do anything to insult the best fans in America. We can?t be divided, have to be united, and I own that.

Yep that's what i'm getting at.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Last year's team was loaded on one side of the ball. That side lived up to expectations and then some. The other side had a decent line, a good running QB and two good RBs but the receiving corps was terrible and the QB was not a good passer. We lit up teams we could run on and didn't do squat on the ones that forced us to pass. That was the forecast going in and that's what we did. Vegas had us winning 8 games. That is still our problem this year on offense for the most part, the difference is Fitz ain't the QB. The defense was going to take huge step down with what we lost. I think we did about what we should have both years. I know that's not a popular opinion but it's the way I see it. I've said so many times.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 03:00 PM
he was saying wednesday that this whole deal of needing time to get players in was made up by coaches trying not to get fired and that's it's not factual in the least. He also said last wednesday you don't keep or fire a guy because of one game. I think he thought something was going to happen too and then it didn't happen.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Jo just doesn't know or understand how to scheme a shorter passing game. that's his downfall. too many of his plays are slow developing plays that require a lot of time and well timed timed passes down field along with a 50/50 ball. it's just not high percentage plays. it's like to shoot threes when you have a team built to go to the rim and get the ball down low in basketball. With the talent we have on this team we need to focus on running the ball, short and quick throws as an extension of the running game along with play action and play good defense and good special teams. moorhead needs to learn how to spread the field horizontally and change his formation to keep the defense on their heels and create running lanes. this bunch formation, same personnel, same formation, and long developing plays is killing the offense. he also needs to learn how to use an H back to block and use more misdirection. His offense is too easy to defense with the defenses in this league. they pin their ears back. especially with tommy boy in.

timotheus
12-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Best post since Joe was hired trojandawg. I assumed that he could recognize these issues since he was said to be a guru. We now get to wait and see and listen to perfectly worded responses.

Coursesuper
12-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Yep that's what i'm getting at.

This is not going to get fixed for a hot minute. And not easily.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 03:21 PM
This is not going to get fixed for a hot minute. And not easily.

That's the unfortunate part about this whole cluster. All the hard work to get to this point and so much of it has been torn down so quickly and as you said it's not going to be quick and it's not going to be easy.

Lord McBuckethead
12-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Yep, that is exactly what he said at the press conference, yet still way too colorful. But you said it better. He says he is stepping up. The fanbase is still in "Show me time".
We expected the 85 bears. We heard you expect the 85 bears. You had them playing like the 2019 bears.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Todd, I agree on most of that. he limits his offense way too much. it's weird he over complicates it but it's easy for defenses to predicate what they want us to do. it works when you have nfl level (4 and 5 star athletes all over) because the defense can't defense all of it. but if you don't they can't target what you are best at and kill it. it's really an easy concept to defend unless you are like lsu or alabama or penn state on the talent scale. We aren't and won't be because we don't recruit like they do.

Mullen figured it out here. you have to scheme to open running lanes and focus on the running lanes and short quick passing game. misdirection. formation changes. personnel changes. much like what napier and and Malzan do. that's how you beat teams that have the talent advantage over you. you have to confuse them.

the only other thing is Dan wasted Dear too. at least he used him in the running game with sweeps and options. Which Moorhead does very little of. Dear killed his career wanting to be a wide out. Had he come in as running back he probably would have filled the gap between Robinson and Hill. Aeris probably would have been his backup.

Saltydog
12-02-2019, 03:37 PM
He was very open and honest on one of his recent pods. Said our S&C was bad and that the players weren't engaged.

BeastMan
12-02-2019, 03:38 PM

What he needs to specifically needs to apologize for he accused fans of "revisionist history" and "it's not like he inherited the 85 Bears". He needs to be reminded that it was he who said ring sizes and told Nick to clear his mantle for trophies. The only one with revisionist history is him. Plus, don't insult our intelligence about you underachieving. That year was underachieving big-time and he can't respin that as a bad team.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Jo just doesn't know or understand how to scheme a shorter passing game. that's his downfall. too many of his plays are slow developing plays that require a lot of time and well timed timed passes down field along with a 50/50 ball. it's just not high percentage plays. it's like to shoot threes when you have a team built to go to the rim and get the ball down low in basketball. With the talent we have on this team we need to focus on running the ball, short and quick throws as an extension of the running game along with play action and play good defense and good special teams. moorhead needs to learn how to spread the field horizontally and change his formation to keep the defense on their heels and create running lanes. this bunch formation, same personnel, same formation, and long developing plays is killing the offense. he also needs to learn how to use an H back to block and use more misdirection. His offense is too easy to defense with the defenses in this league. they pin their ears back. especially with tommy boy in.

In other words the Mullen offense for the most part. That got stuffed for the most part by good defenses too, except Dak's last two years. I agree on your individual comments though except a home run threat has to be there. With what you are describing somebody has to be a breakaway threat to loosen defenses up much. We don't have that. Fitz running was it the last few years.