PDA

View Full Version : Interesting: AD Carter said "apathy around the program" was the main reason

Indndawg
12-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Luke got $___canned

gtowndawg
12-02-2019, 03:34 PM
I will say, I've never seen so few Ole Miss fans at the Egg Bowl than what I saw Thursday. There was not many at all.

lefty96
12-02-2019, 03:45 PM
I will say, I've never seen so few Ole Miss fans at the Egg Bowl than what I saw Thursday. There was not many at all.

The guys on the pre-game show even said they had a hard time finding rebel fans to shoot a segment.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 03:46 PM

It was about as many UM fans as MSU fans at Abilene Christian. I will say that we had a very good crowd for the Egg Bowl. I am not sure that will be the case next year though. About half my friends as of right now are not renewing their season tickets.

Captain Falcon
12-02-2019, 03:49 PM
It was about as many UM fans as MSU fans at Abilene Christian. I will say that we had a very good crowd for the Egg Bowl. I am not sure that will be the case next year though. About half my friends as of right now are not renewing their season tickets.

People were saying that last year too. Ticket sales may be less, but I don’t think it will be drastically less, and not all of that will be because of Moorhead. A poor home schedule and just the general trend of live attendance being down everywhere will also be a big contributor.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 03:55 PM
People were saying that last year too. Ticket sales may be less, but I don’t think it will be drastically less, and not all of that will be because of Moorhead. A poor home schedule and just the general trend of live attendance being down everywhere will also be a big contributor.

I think people got a bitter taste from how we underperformed last year but this year that bitter taste turned into a pile of shit. I think people using the damn eye test and seeing how we are very Croom like in our ability to compete on offense with SEC teams has pushed a lot of people further off the wagon. I am not sure the Administration really understands how pissed off people really are. I know only one person out of about 20 that I regularly talk to that thought Moorhead should still be employed. He played in the Sherrill bad years (started on the 2001-2003 years). He thought if we made it to a bowl then no way can you fire him. Everyone else says Moorhead is taking us back to how we "competed" under Croom except Croom got more effort.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 04:01 PM
i can vouch that several ole miss friends of mine that are die hard fans missed several games this season and had gotten to that oh well point.