PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Sharks in the news again

Red Sox Dawg
12-02-2019, 11:45 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/theres-no-program-without-players-ole-miss-players-unhappy-with-coach-matt-lukes-dismissal/ar-BBXCoJi?li=BBnbfcL

Story in several national publications like FOX, MSN, USA TODAY.

hacker
12-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Defensive tackle Patrick Lucas Jr., a freshman, said he doesn't think fans should have the power to determine who leads the players. If anything, Lucas said, the players should have some say in who they have to follow atop the program.

Pretty sure this same article would have been written about us if the fans pushed out Moorhead this year

lefty96
12-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Pretty sure this same article would have been written about us if the fans pushed out Moorhead this year

Almost certainly. Really, I don't blame the players. They get jerked around in this stuff more than anyone else involved.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 12:04 PM

This struck me:

"But you realize, there's no program without players," Tuitt said. "You're basing stuff off the fans. But we don't care about the fans that much. I'm going to be honest. We're here for the coach. We love football. If you don't want to support us, that's just your fault."

I wonder if that would be the case with us. I am sure a lot of that was emotional of the moment.

Thick
12-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Yeah, bc kids 18-21 are so mature and understand the business of college athletics. Players have the choice on where they attend college, and that’s it. “Letting the inmates run the asylum” is not smart nor proven to be a good idea.

RiverCityDawg
12-02-2019, 12:17 PM
It's akin to when parents get a divorce and the kids want to stay with the "fun" parent. Of course they do, they're kids. The adults have to decide that the more responsible parent should be in control. It doesn't surprise me that they like Luke, he lets them piss on the sideline with little to no repercussions.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Yeah, bc kids 18-21 are so mature and understand the business of college athletics. Players have the choice on where they attend college, and that’s it. “Letting the inmates run the asylum” is not smart nor proven to be a good idea.

When I was 21 I was sitting in the desert with a M-16 with two 18 year old radio operators.