PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead's public announcement

coastratdog
12-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Luke's firing was in the CL and other local media outlets 30 minutes after it happened. There were a couple of articles within 3 hours. I have not seen one article about Moorhead's extension in any media outlet. Rosebowl is not a legitimate media outlet. He's a mouthpiece. How come there is no info on the extension, buyout or anything financial. Did I just miss it or is all this more internet smoke and mirrors.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Did the Columbus Dispatch site Rosebowl or an official from the university?

gtowndawg
12-02-2019, 10:03 AM
I've said the same thing. Cohen et all, apparently have no idea how to handle this from a public relations stand point. Here's a Tupelo article saying Moorhead coming back without anything official from the school. Not a quote, not a press release, nothing. It's bad journalism to be honest.

https://www.djournal.com/sports/moorhead-will-remain-at-mississippi-state/article_b078ef94-ab25-573f-b6c6-388d3095b414.html

sandjunky
12-02-2019, 10:06 AM
It’s all based on sources

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2019, 10:12 AM
There has been no public statement on a contract extension. There is nothing for a legitimate story to be run on.

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 10:14 AM
There has been no public statement on a contract extension. There is nothing for a legitimate story to be run on.

There will probably be a big article soon. Quotes from Joe and Cohen in it. It will probably piss some people off, me included, but it is what it is.

gtowndawg
12-02-2019, 10:16 AM

That's what I don't understand. How can a legit journalist run a story without an official source backing it? It just adds more confusion to an already confusing/bad situation. I'm firmly on the Cohen has to go train. He obviously has no idea how to handle much of what needs to be done in an athletic department.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 10:22 AM
NOTHING has been stated from the University.

RiverCityDawg
12-02-2019, 10:26 AM
I would guess they have sources, but that's different than the AD making a public statement.

gtowndawg
12-02-2019, 10:29 AM
I would guess they have sources, but that's different than the AD making a public statement.

Totally agree but the Tupelo article doesn't state anything like that. Usually you would say "sources within the athletic department have confirmed...." or something like that. It just states it as a fact with nothing to back it whatsoever.

Really Clark?
12-02-2019, 10:29 AM

There has been no public statement on just his returning, forget the extension. The Texas AD addressed Herman and that while the season was not what they wanted, he still believed in him and liked where they are in being able to go forward and get better after a good year last season.

We need to be better about communicating, especially when the HC is acknowledging issues in a PC and telling that segment of the fan base off, that is getting spread nationally.

gtowndawg
12-02-2019, 10:34 AM
There has been no public statement on just his returning, forget the extension. The Texas AD addressed Herman and that while the season was not what they wanted, he still believed in him and liked where they are in being able to go forward and get better after a good year last season.

We need to be better about communicating, especially when the HC is acknowledging issues in a PC and telling that segment of the fan base off, that is getting spread nationally.

Absolutely! Forget Joe for a minute, how this has been (and still being) handled is borderline negligence on Cohen's part.

yjnkdawg
12-02-2019, 10:46 AM
That's what I don't understand. How can a legit journalist run a story without an official source backing it? It just adds more confusion to an already confusing/bad situation. I'm firmly on the Cohen has to go train. He obviously has no idea how to handle much of what needs to be done in an athletic department.

If they are a legit journalist, and they want to make sure that they keep their job, they will have covered all their bases and make sure what they are publishing is correct.