PDA

View Full Version : Looks like no staff changes

msugolf
12-02-2019, 09:13 AM
All coaches are on the road recruiting. Hard to imagine he'd let a coach he's about to let go of go out there and still recruit while other HCs are making their changes.

bulldog20
12-02-2019, 09:14 AM
He could still make changes during the dead period or even after first signing day. Easier that way imo

Dawgology
12-02-2019, 09:14 AM
All coaches are on the road recruiting. Hard to imagine he'd let a coach he's about to let go of go out there and still recruit while other HCs are making their changes.

Regardless of what Rosebowl put out there this was bungled....big time. I would look for some coaching changes to be made after the bowl game.

bigplayslay
12-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Regardless of what Rosebowl put out there this was bungled....big time. I would look for some coaching changes to be made after the bowl game.

The fact that Joey Jones and Bichey still have jobs is beyond me.

msugolf
12-02-2019, 09:19 AM
He could still make changes during the dead period or even after first signing day. Easier that way imo

That's a good way to piss off a recruit and their family

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Why would Joe change a damn thing?

KOdawg1
12-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Probably not smart to cut ties before the early NSD and the bowl game.

Dawgology
12-02-2019, 09:23 AM
The only issue I see with waiting until after the bowl game to make staff changes is that if we get blown out (which we probably will) then it is, once again, Moorhead refusing to make critical changes leading to another blowout loss. There are a lot of "ifs" and "buts" in that statement but the probability is high.

bulldog20
12-02-2019, 09:28 AM
That's a good way to piss off a recruit and their family

It's basically the same thing as a coach just taking another job. There is no perfect time to do it. Hopefully we don't lose anyone that will matter much regarding recruiting. Hopefully we get S&C, Special Teams & QB which shouldn't impact or make anyone mad. Most recruits know coaches come and go all the time.

Irondawg
12-02-2019, 09:28 AM
A ton of schools make changes after the bowl game, it's not uncommon. The Dec signing day makes it look worse but no kid should be going to a school because of his position coach. Those guys change all the time at all schools. Very rare for anyone to stay a the same school as a position coach more than 2-3 years

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 09:38 AM
Why would you change special teams coach? Do any schools really ever return it past the 20? How logical is it to expect more? We are just little ole Mississippi State. Joe says we shouldn't ever expect more than 6-8 wins or you can kick rocks.

Mjoelner34
12-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Of course there were no changes. If you couldnt see the improvement youre blind. It's not like he inherited the '85 Bears. **

bulldog20
12-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Why would you change special teams coach? Do any schools really ever return it past the 20? How logical is it to expect more? We are just little ole Mississippi State. Joe says we shouldn't ever expect more than 6-8 wins or you can kick rocks.

That is true. We haven't won a game for 5 years before Joe got here so my fault for thinking we should try to improve. He did inherit JSU's roster so he's doing the best he can. I'll go kick some rocks now gotta go

Fader21
12-02-2019, 09:42 AM
I would be fine with Millsaps HC being the special teams coach. He has ST experience in the NFL

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2019, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't expect any originating on our end till after the bowl game.

Katdoc12
12-02-2019, 09:46 AM
If no changes are made by spring then that seems like a big FU to Cohen & shows how little control he has over his guy. I can't imagine the 4 hour meeting didn't have some ultimatum involved in his extension, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

DogsofAnarchy
12-02-2019, 10:30 AM
I have no sources but I will believe he makes ANY changes when I see them. Croom II

RiverCityDawg
12-02-2019, 10:34 AM
I'm sure any staff changes will be made after the early signing period at the earliest.

basedog
12-02-2019, 10:52 AM
It's early still, it could happen.

yjnkdawg
12-02-2019, 10:57 AM
If Cohen doesn't tell him where the deficiencies are in our football program, and where improvements need to be made to meet our goals and expectations to get to the next level (questionable), then I don't think JoeMo is going to change anything. Wash, rinse , repeat.

bobcat91
12-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Too early for changes. After signing day, we shall see. It will also make things plainly evident. No changes means he is running his program. Changes mean he was told in no uncertain terms his status is results bases and better results are expected.

Really Clark?
12-02-2019, 11:07 AM
There is no set way to make changes. A lot of teams have already announced changes with their coaches (a lot of those coaches needed to) or will wait through signing day and you will see a lot of movement in Jan as well.

Cooterpoot
12-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Changes are going to be made. I don?t know what they are, but it?s going to happen.

defiantdog
12-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Texas let both of their coordinators go before bowl season, and we can't even let a special teams coach go. What the **** is our issue?!

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Changes are going to be made. I don?t know what they are, but it?s going to happen.

Ultimatum??

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 11:19 AM
You guys are overthinking this. If we are going to get new assistants, I sure hope they are coaching teams that still have games left.

defiantdog
12-02-2019, 11:22 AM
You guys are overthinking this. If we are going to get new assistants, I sure hope they are coaching teams that still have games left.
What changes? A new ST coach and a rework of the S&C program..... why wait for those positions. Not like Joe is going to do anything on the offensive side..... he's a savant..... he knows what he's doing.....

AROB44
12-02-2019, 12:25 PM
I have always been of the opinion that you don't tell a head coach what changes need to be made to his staff. If you have to tell him, he needs to be replaced himself. Also, why tell him what to do.....let him hang himself if he keeps the status quo.

Cowbell
12-02-2019, 12:27 PM
I have always been of the opinion that you don't tell a head coach what changes need to be made to his staff. If you have to tell him, he needs to be replaced himself. Also, why tell him what to do.....let him hang himself if he keeps the status quo.

Exactly! Rep given

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 12:29 PM
that doesn't surprise me. The only staff changes that we will have will be the ones that want to move on or get the hell out of dodge before next year. He has beat his chest already and he knows better than anyone else and thinks his program is fine and making progress. anyone who doesn't think so can go kick rocks.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 12:32 PM
I bet he doesn’t change anything.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 12:32 PM
I think there will be changes after signing day.

HailStateSZN19
12-02-2019, 12:45 PM
I know y’all bash Rosey a good bit on here for pumping the company line & I get it but yesterday he did say he expects us to revamp the S&C program and that he thinks we are prepared to pay the going rate in the SEC for a good S&C coach (i do believe I remember that correctly). Even the 247 staff has said they expect a few adjustments on the offensive side of the ball & if they’re saying it then they obviously got the “ok” to put that out there right?. We’ll see soon enough if Cohen had the spine to even make some demands to Joe to change a few things. If he makes ZERO changes, that’s going to cause even more people to check out on him (if people are even still checked in with him lol).

Pipedream
12-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Not changing ST coaches is grounds for removal on its own. ST killed us this year and last year and have been the direct cause of multiple losses. I'd look at getting someone in here with a different eye for the offense that can teach QB's. We aren't getting much if anything out of Breiner. I'd go hire Tim Beck who was just fired as QB coach/OC at Texas. He's an elite recruiter. If I could get Frank Wilson to coach RB's I would, even if he had to be reassigned to another position. We need a stronger recruiter in LA and no one knows that territory like him. Obviously, S&C needs to be changed. I'd love to see us bring Feld back home, but that seems unlikely. I've seen some talk that the S. Carolina S&C coach that just got fired is well respected. Also would consider Rodney Prince, another former player who is an asst. S&C coach at UGA. Finally, I'd heavily target Pete Lembo for the ST position. He's got Memphis at 3rd in ST this year according to SP+ and had Rice in the top 20 last year. He's a ST wizard.

Kingbarkus
12-02-2019, 01:37 PM
I have always been of the opinion that you don't tell a head coach what changes need to be made to his staff. If you have to tell him, he needs to be replaced himself. Also, why tell him what to do.....let him hang himself if he keeps the status quo.This! This! This! If Joe has to be told to make changes, he's a bad coach. Good coaches know what needs to be improved and which coaches need to be replaced.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Not changing ST coaches is grounds for removal on its own. ST killed us this year and last year and have been the direct cause of multiple losses. I'd look at getting someone in here with a different eye for the offense that can teach QB's. We aren't getting much if anything out of Breiner. I'd go hire Tim Beck who was just fired as QB coach/OC at Texas. He's an elite recruiter. If I could get Frank Wilson to coach RB's I would, even if he had to be reassigned to another position. We need a stronger recruiter in LA and no one knows that territory like him. Obviously, S&C needs to be changed. I'd love to see us bring Feld back home, but that seems unlikely. I've seen some talk that the S. Carolina S&C coach that just got fired is well respected. Also would consider Rodney Prince, another former player who is an asst. S&C coach at UGA. Finally, I'd heavily target Pete Lembo for the ST position. He's got Memphis at 3rd in ST this year according to SP+ and had Rice in the top 20 last year. He's a ST wizard.

I agree with all of this.

R2Dawg
12-02-2019, 02:17 PM
I have no sources but I will believe he makes ANY changes when I see them. Croom II

I'm with you. I've been hoping I've been wrong on Joe for two years and haven't been wrong yet.

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2019, 05:24 PM
I'm with you. I've been hoping I've been wrong on Joe for two years and haven't been wrong yet.

I was. I believed all the Fitz not the right QB for the offense crap. This will also be the last time I take anything that Rosebowl says at face value. What they talk about as guys looking great at practice is just a bunch of bull.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2019, 05:25 PM
The fact that Joey Jones and Bichey still have jobs is beyond me.

This is good news for anyone with prospects of coaching at MSU. Fantastic job security!!

TrapGame
12-02-2019, 05:28 PM
I was. I believed all the Fitz not the right QB for the offense crap. This will also be the last time I take anything that Rosebowl says at face value. What they talk about as guys looking great at practice is just a bunch of bull.

Me too. I said some bad things about Fitz and I shouldn't have. That kid did the best he could in Joe's ****ed up offense. Rosebowl can kiss my ass. All that smoke he was blowing during fall camp was bull shit. I won't believe a word from him this time.

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 05:41 PM

Exactly. If Joe can't see it... well my God we are in worse shape than I thought.

Doggie_Style
12-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Me too. I said some bad things about Fitz and I shouldn't have. That kid did the best he could in Joe's ****ed up offense. Rosebowl can kiss my ass. All that smoke he was blowing during fall camp was bull shit. I won't believe a word from him this time.

But his new book is awesome ******