PDA

View Full Version : SpiritChuck shows you just how quickly things can change

Coach34
12-02-2019, 07:40 AM
He posted after the Egg Bowl that it was 100% that Luke would not be fired. Yet- he was. Just goes to show you how things can change directions rather quickly- even when your source is the AD

msbulldog
12-02-2019, 07:44 AM
Yea but their AD Keith Carter ain't calling the shots.

Irondawg
12-02-2019, 07:48 AM
I think his point is neither is Cohen. When you are paying coaches this kind of money, you are at the mercy of the guys writing the checks

Coach34
12-02-2019, 07:59 AM
Exactly

CadaverDawg
12-02-2019, 08:17 AM
We need an AD with better sales skills. Cohen not being able to convince the check writers it was time, is concerning. Starting to think our check writers aren't very bright.

lefty96
12-02-2019, 08:24 AM
Not the first time the egg bowl has cause some high level hi-jinks, certainly won't be the last.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2019, 08:29 AM
We need an AD with better sales skills. Cohen not being able to convince the check writers it was time, is concerning. Starting to think our check writers aren't very bright.

Byrne. We need to bring him back “home”.

BeastMan
12-02-2019, 08:29 AM

Cohen is Richie Aprille

https://youtu.be/7kFcNj2H3z0

parabrave
12-02-2019, 09:39 AM
He posted after the Egg Bowl that it was 100% that Luke would not be fired. Yet- he was. Just goes to show you how things can change directions rather quickly- even when your source is the AD

Moore wasn't on the front page of the NY Times of the lead on Sports center yet.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Moore wasn't on the front page of the NY Times of the lead on Sports center yet.

YEP. That got world wide attention. My son in the UK called and told me it was in the papers over there. They were not expecting that. Somebody had to pay for it. It made them make this move 1 or 2 years before they wanted to I think.

Maroonthirteen
12-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Btw, the guys on SEC this morning said watch for Gene Chizik to be a candidate at one of the SEC openings.

Ari Gold
12-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Good post..
if anyone thinks things didn’t change with Joe in the few days and hours before and after the egg bowl with his situation here then you are mistaken.
I don’t care what any of the paid experts say..

Saying that we all need to rally around this coach and staff and team going forward in 2020 no matter how you feel about Joe... If it goes even more south in 2020 Joe may not be the only job on the chopping block

bluelightstar
12-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Good post..
if anyone thinks things didn’t change with Joe in the few days and hours before and after the egg bowl with his situation here then you are mistaken.

Saying that we all need to rally around this coach and staff and team going forward in 2020 no matter how you feel about Joe... If it goes even more south in 2020 Joe may not be the only job on the chopping block

It clearly did. Pat Forde reported in his article that Moorhead just "barely" survived 2019.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Good post..

Agreed.

dantheman4248
12-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Good post..

This X1000. It's clear as day to me after this previous week that Cohen and Keenum didn't have the pull they thought they did to make this move. Egg Bowl swayed too many minds. Hell, after talking with some family (read: alumni who graduated before 1980) some got swayed by that game. That's all that matters. I've said it before and I hate it. 1-11 and a win vs. ole miss is all some people care about. Apparently even the money men....

confucius say
12-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Well even Steve said that when he tweeted out that we were keeping him. He said, the administration was impressed with the effort of players and coaches vs ole miss.

PGHBulldogBG
12-02-2019, 11:51 AM
I think his actions in the press conference should be the main reasoning for the firing. That behavior was ridiculous and proved that he doesn’t really want to be here. Clearly there are some issues and how he talks about the fan base is very unprofessional. He should just really try to take the Boston College job because it seems like a win-win. I actually don’t believe he is a horrible coach, he is just a terrible fit here.

Coursesuper
12-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Good post..

Well said.

BB30
12-02-2019, 12:17 PM
I think his actions in the press conference should be the main reasoning for the firing. That behavior was ridiculous and proved that he doesn’t really want to be here. Clearly there are some issues and how he talks about the fan base is very unprofessional. He should just really try to take the Boston College job because it seems like a win-win. I actually don’t believe he is a horrible coach, he is just a terrible fit here.

What is he supposed to do when those questions are asked by media? Gloss over it? I wouldn't care what uninformed fans think either. Only people I would be worried about is the administration and the players that play for him. It's pretty clear he didn't lose the team as many on here said otherwise we would have lost that last game regardless of who we were playing.

I don't understand why it is so hard to just get over the fact that he will be back next year and support the team. I'm not a huge fan of him either but there has been more than enough bitching on here lately. It is like our fanbase is made up of teenage girls with a grudge.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2019, 12:44 PM
What is he supposed to do when those questions are asked by media? Gloss over it? I wouldn't care what uninformed fans think either. Only people I would be worried about is the administration and the players that play for him. It's pretty clear he didn't lose the team as many on here said otherwise we would have lost that last game regardless of who we were playing.

I don't understand why it is so hard to just get over the fact that he will be back next year and support the team. I'm not a huge fan of him either but there has been more than enough bitching on here lately. It is like our fanbase is made up of teenage girls with a grudge.

He came out firing in his opening statement.

Really Clark?
12-02-2019, 12:56 PM

There was no question when he started his PC and made those statements

Maroonthirteen
12-02-2019, 01:19 PM
I think his actions in the press conference should be the main reasoning for the firing. That behavior was ridiculous and proved that he doesn?t really want to be here. Clearly there are some issues and how he talks about the fan base is very unprofessional. He should just really try to take the Boston College job because it seems like a win-win. I actually don?t believe he is a horrible coach, he is just a terrible fit here.

I agree. If Im Cohen, first thing I say is stop with all the drama and crying at the press conferences. However i dont think its a fireable offense. Unless he continues next year.

2nd, I dont get how people think his reaction means he doesnt want to be here. Ive read that a few times. I think it absolutely says he wants to be here and cares deeply about MSU football.

He could pull a Mullen and beg BC for the job. He probably should but... all indications are he isnt interested in BC. So he wants to be here.

defiantdog
12-02-2019, 01:36 PM
So, what happens when we play soft and get beat by at least two scores in our bowl game. Do we still trust the process like a bunch of sheep?

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:58 PM
I agree. If Im Cohen, first thing I say is stop with all the drama and crying at the press conferences. However i dont think its a fireable offense. Unless he continues next year.

2nd, I dont get how people think his reaction means he doesnt want to be here. Ive read that a few times. I think it absolutely says he wants to be here and cares deeply about MSU football.

He could pull a Mullen and beg BC for the job. He probably should but... all indications are he isnt interested in BC. So he wants to be here.

It's not a fireable offense but he needs to improve on that.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 02:00 PM
So, what happens when we play soft and get beat by at least two scores in our bowl game. Do we still trust the process like a bunch of sheep?

That's why it's critical that he win the bowl game. It would be interesting to see the reaction at that point. I think if we did fire him at that point there would still be a window of opportunity to make a change.

But it would also surprise me.

Percho
12-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Have ya'll seen the Russian broadcast of the score and the kick?

timotheus
12-02-2019, 04:48 PM
No. Link?

WPDawg
12-02-2019, 04:54 PM
I think his actions in the press conference should be the main reasoning for the firing. That behavior was ridiculous and proved that he doesn?t really want to be here. Clearly there are some issues and how he talks about the fan base is very unprofessional. He should just really try to take the Boston College job because it seems like a win-win. I actually don?t believe he is a horrible coach, he is just a terrible fit here.

....trying to remember the excuses/reasoning used for the content of the weekly game threads in all 3 major sports.....

Iamlegal
12-06-2019, 02:24 AM

Is this you stating that you actually are not used by the AD and your "source" isn't the AD or making excuses for lying about being the fore-runner for the AD?

Surely you know by now that bob has removed his tweet that you were involved with. Are we going to continue this path? A simple yes or no is all I need to know.

defiantdog
12-06-2019, 02:38 AM
Is this you stating that you actually are not used by the AD and your "source" isn't the AD or making excuses for lying about being the fore-runner for the AD?

Surely you know by now that bob has removed his tweet that you were involved with. Are we going to continue this path? A simple yes or no is all I need to know.
Are you trying to catch someone with the offense of slander? On a message board? Really?

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 05:03 AM
Are you trying to catch someone with the offense of slander? On a message board? Really?

He's not bulls******* either! Either he's trolling big time or I need to get my popcorn.

gravedigger
12-06-2019, 07:15 AM

We are Now using Chuck Roundsaville as an example of how things work?

We have an over abundance of little boys who cried wolf around here coupled with as many chicken littles.

It?s really not that big of a deal.

Unless those who believed it didn?t learn their lesson.

Really Clark?
12-06-2019, 07:45 AM

What? You register on a message board and your first post is this, making a veiled threat of legal action on an open forum? Are we going to continue this path? Simple yes or no because if so, sign me up for this freaking roller coaster of fun with a battle of legal minds played out on ED. This would be something new and exciting. Not ever going to court, as you know, but fun to pretend anyway.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 10:07 AM

A) I've had no contact with Bob

B) This post was pointing out that the status of a coach can change quickly- no matter what the mouthpieces of the AD's like Chuck, Steve, Jean, Ben, etc...say

gtowndawg
12-06-2019, 10:13 AM

Bob from Bogue Chitto?!?!!

PMDawg
12-06-2019, 10:41 AM
A) I've had no contact with Bob

B) This post was pointing out that the status of a coach can change quickly- no matter what the mouthpieces of the AD's like Chuck, Steve, Jean, Ben, etc...say

LOL.

timotheus
12-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Iamlegal is prob ben garret in disguise

confucius say
12-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Who is bob?

defiantdog
12-06-2019, 11:35 AM
before banning Iamlegal, make sure ED's AUP allows for any subjective bans. Based on this guys (girls) first post, I'm asumming he's trying to get some information leading to slander or defamation.

Dolphus Raymond
12-06-2019, 12:06 PM
Yes, who is Bob?

Dawgbite
12-06-2019, 12:30 PM
We are all Bob! Its an acronym for Bitchers On Boards!

dantheman4248
12-06-2019, 12:32 PM
pretty sure there's 0 legal recourse for message board speculation. a judge would laugh at you harder than people are laughing at us for keeping moorhead

PMDawg
12-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Who is bob?

Incarcerated Bob

StateDawg44
12-06-2019, 01:42 PM
So confused...

gravedigger
12-06-2019, 06:00 PM
So confused...

No matter where you fall on the spectrum of pro or anti Moorhead, confusion is certainly justified.

gtowndawg
12-06-2019, 06:08 PM
So confused...

Just an excuse to use my favorite gif

https://cdn.websites.hibu.com/84a4053b747f4f13971b0cf5a28dcba6/dms3rep/multi/mobile/tenor+%283%29.gif

SDDawg
12-06-2019, 08:13 PM
And Ole Miss manages to hire a guy that got fired for incompetence during a playoff run at Bama.

BIG TIME HIRE ** LMAO

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 08:19 PM
And Ole Miss manages to hire a guy that got fired for incompetence during a playoff run at Bama.

BIG TIME HIRE ** LMAO

That's not why he got fired. Saban hated him cause there was no way to keep Joey Freshwater under wraps and everyone knew about it. Saban hated that shit.

Really Clark?
12-06-2019, 08:22 PM

BIG TIME HIRE ** LMAO

What? He wasn?t fired at Bama for incompetence. Saban was pissed with him for how he handled leaving (he showed his butt when he thought he had the Houston job) and the Freshwater stupidity, eventually going on to FAU. If he hadn?t acted like...well Lane Kiffin, he would have coached the title game. But he was not fired