PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinion regarding the season

bulldawg28
12-02-2019, 06:00 AM
In my honest opinion if we didn't have those suspensions we win 8 games. We beat K-State and we beat A&M. Having leadership would have been a difference maker.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 06:23 AM
K State and Tennessee.

I don't see the offense working here but tutor gate is single biggest excuse I can give Joe.

MetEdDawg
12-02-2019, 06:41 AM
Honestly, I think fans reactions this year had far more to do with last years team than it did this team.

If we beat Florida and Iowa, 6-6 this year isn't really pissing anyone off. QB situation was a disaster. Tutor gate. Number of injuries. Youth at positions. 3rd toughest schedule in the country.

I could argue 6-6 is considerably more reasonable this year than 8-5 was last year. To think this years team could potentially win 1 less game than last years team is what people are truly mad about.

6-6 is actually what a lot of people predicted preseason. And that was with what most expected to be a reasonably healthy roster and before the Tutor gate stuff. So I'll maintain the perception of this year's team is being more affected by last year's results.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 06:45 AM
Honestly, I think fans reactions this year had far more to do with last years team than it did this team.

If we beat Florida and Iowa, 6-6 this year isn't really pissing anyone off. QB situation was a disaster. Tutor gate. Number of injuries. Youth at positions. 3rd toughest schedule in the country.

I could argue 6-6 is considerably more reasonable this year than 8-5 was last year. To think this years team could potentially win 1 less game than last years team is what people are truly mad about.

6-6 is actually what a lot of people predicted preseason. And that was with what most expected to be a reasonably healthy roster and before the Tutor gate stuff. So I'll maintain the perception of this year's team is being more affected by last year's results.

I agree with this.

There are no more excuses though. He's got to do something next year. Also, Tutor gate has nothing to do with the bowl game, so it's important we see something there as well.

Dawgfan77
12-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Tudor gate 10 played against UT

No offensive players that were contributors were part of Tudor gate

We lost because we have a horrible HC who couldn?t put together a game plan with two weeks to prepare

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 06:55 AM
Tudor gate 10 played against UT

No offensive players that were contributors were part of Tudor gate

We lost because we have a horrible HC who couldn?t put together a game plan with two weeks to prepare

This is my stance as well.

However, I could easily counter our stance by taking a stance that tutor gate created a leadership vacuum throughout the season, disrupted chemistry, and created a situation where week to week the coaches had to basically concede the games they didn't think they could win. The damage that did to the psychology of the team is unknown.

As the first poster said, if Joe wins 10 games last season, 6-6 with tutor gate this season is probably given a pass.

I'm not saying I agree with my counter argument, but it's a pretty easy one to formulate

Dawgfan77
12-02-2019, 07:02 AM
Joe will never win 10 games. We won 8 last year with NFL talent all over the field and the best Running QB in college football. We gave up 12 TDs last year in 13 games and won 8.....8
There was no excuses for last year and no excuses for this year. A competent HC beats K state and UT this year and UK FL and Iowa last year

In the modern day offenses we are historically bad. Joe is not going to change he is what he is and our administration is fine with underachieving

I will not attend or support MSU football until he is gone. I will watch the games but emotionally and financially I?m out

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 07:08 AM
Joe will never win 10 games. We won 8 last year with NFL talent all over the field and the best Running QB in college football. We gave up 12 TDs last year in 13 games and won 8.....8
There was no excuses for last year and no excuses for this year. A competent HC beats K state and UT this year and UK FL and Iowa last year

In the modern day offenses we are historically bad. Joe is not going to change he is what he is and our administration is fine with underachieving

I will not attend or support MSU football until he is gone. I will watch the games but emotionally and financially I?m out

While I do believe tutor gate was an excuse for this year, I don't disagree with your larger point.

My hope is that he can figure it out. MSU really needs that.