PDA

View Full Version : UM team meeting apparently didnt go well

bobcat91
12-01-2019, 10:32 PM
According to Spirit Chuck, many stormed out of the meeting, some talked of transferring and several, including Ealy said F Ole Miss. We arent the only ones with a coaching situation.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 10:33 PM
They'll calm down when they announce and talk to the new coach

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 10:39 PM
They'll calm down when they announce and talk to the new coach

Yeah they'll lose some but no one that matters I'm sure

basedog
12-01-2019, 11:00 PM
Yeah they'll lose some but no one that matters I'm sure

You being a baseball guy, with Plumlee playing baseball this spring, does he play or start? My son n law says he has talent. The thing is, he is a good athlete but playing QB is a position that needs lots of attention with mechanics and film study. He ain't Bo regardless, Bo was a freak!

Also what can of baseball player is Ealy? I don't think he had a good senior year at Prep.

How is your son and what is his status.

basedog
12-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Delete

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:02 PM
You being a baseball guy, with Plumlee playing baseball this spring, does he play or start? My son n law says he has talent. The thing is, he is a good athlete but playing QB is a position that needs lots of attention with mechanics and film study. He ain't Bo regardless, Bo was a freak!

Also what can of baseball player is Ealy? I don't think he had a good senior year at Prep.

Everyone I talk to says Ealy can’t hit.

defiantdog
12-01-2019, 11:03 PM

Jameis Winston did it at FSU..... Hell, he was a pitcher and a QB.

basedog
12-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Jameis Winston did it at FSU..... Hell, he was a pitcher and a QB.

Pitchers don’t play everyday.

maroonmania
12-01-2019, 11:06 PM

Bo wasn't a QB or he couldn't have really done it well either. Gabe Gross is probably the best example of someone at QB that did a decent job in both sports but his baseball still limited his growth as an SEC QB.

TStationDawg
12-01-2019, 11:08 PM
According to Spirit Chuck, many stormed out of the meeting, some talked of transferring and several, including Ealy said F Ole Miss. We arent the only ones with a coaching situation.

At least their first year AD isn?t afraid of making the right move. Did he tell the kids with stones enough to talk to kick rocks or pound sand?

basedog
12-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Bo wasn't a QB or he couldn't have really done it well either. Gabe Gross is probably the best example of someone at QB that did a decent job in both sports but his baseball still limited his growth as an SEC QB.

Bo would have been in HOF at least in football and maybe baseball IF he would have played one. Plumlee isn't a freak.
Gross was a solid baseball player who could really hit.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 11:23 PM

I doubt very seriously Plumlee starts. He may play some. Hes a pretty good player, can run has a good arm, have to see if he can hit sec pitching, he'll be a plus defender. Ealy has speed and power but struggles to hit breaking balls.

Thanks for asking about my son, appreciate that. Worked hard this summer with personal trainer. He's a little over 6'2" 217 pounds right now. He hit .502 this fall with 6 hrs in 12 games and his fastball was 87-89. Probably go juco route(meridian, Jones, or eccc) unless he gets some better d1 offers.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Bo would have been in HOF at least in football and maybe baseball IF he would have played one. Plumlee isn't a freak.
Gross was a solid baseball player who could really hit.

You right about Bo! Plumlee ain't Bo not even close.

ZedFedder
12-01-2019, 11:29 PM
I agree that they will calm down when they hire the right or just an ok guy. If they hire a guy who doesn't jive well... You may see a max exodus. Especially with the transfer portal as an option now.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 11:44 PM
Everyone I talk to says Ealy can’t hit.

Correct. Ealy and Plumlee can't hit. Ealy has a better chance at figuring it out than Plumlee

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 11:46 PM

But he played in the Major Leagues so it's all good.

Kyler Murray managed it pretty well for one year. Kyler actually played baseball while also going through Spring football.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:53 PM
And here's the thing about it. Whatever coach they hire odds are they're going to lose either Corral or Plumlee. Unless Plumlee is willing to switch positions. I don't really see how they can avoid that.

basedog
12-02-2019, 12:04 AM
I doubt very seriously Plumlee starts. He may play some. Hes a pretty good player, can run has a good arm, have to see if he can hit sec pitching, he'll be a plus defender. Ealy has speed and power but struggles to hit breaking balls.

Thanks for asking about my son, appreciate that. Worked hard this summer with personal trainer. He's a little over 6'2" 217 pounds right now. He hit .502 this fall with 6 hrs in 12 games and his fastball was 87-89. Probably go juco route(meridian, Jones, or eccc) unless he gets some better d1 offers.

Good luck to you and your son. Wish u guys well!
My Grandson is growing, he is rated 100 overall right now. He has improved every year thanks largely to an ex Yankee pitcher who had been working with him over two years now. I probably shouldn’t say but he has another home visit from a MLB club who has had a home visit and will do again this week. Great experience I think.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Good luck to you and your son. Wish u guys well!
My Grandson is growing, he is rated 100 overall right now. He has improved every year thanks largely to an ex Yankee pitcher who had been working with him over two years now. I probably shouldn?t say but he has another home visit from a MLB club who has had a home visit and will do again this week. Great experience I think.

Thanks man! We shooting for back to back State champs this year. We lost 7 of our 9 starters. My son and a junior the only returning starters but we got some great arms and good young players coming up.

Sounds like your grand son is on the way. Hope he has a great year!

Lord McBuckethead
12-02-2019, 12:40 AM

We'll take Ealy, if he is transferring.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:33 AM
We'll take Ealy, if he is transferring.

I could see him going to a JUCO and going pro in baseball after his freshman year if he's mad enough.

I've always gotten the impression that he's a football player that happened to grow up in a baseball family.

TUSK
12-02-2019, 02:16 AM
Y'all shoulda thrown the game like MDL did*........

#longgame

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 02:20 AM
Y'all shoulda thrown the game like MDL did*........

#longgame

Damn Tusk. We tried. We gave up a Hail Mary on 4th and 24 basically and STILL won.

TUSK
12-02-2019, 03:30 AM
Damn Tusk. We tried. We gave up a Hail Mary on 4th and 24 basically and STILL won.

Man, the aubies are pretty pissed off, as well, brutha...

Every time they get close to gettin' rid of Gus....

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

Indndawg
12-02-2019, 06:21 AM

minds. That's why they Flagship

Turfdawg67
12-02-2019, 07:36 AM
Man, the aubies are pretty pissed off, as well, brutha...

Every time they get close to gettin' rid of Gus....

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

Tubby beat y'all 6 straight times and they hated him too. Eventually they'll run Gus to Arkansas.

msbulldog
12-02-2019, 08:05 AM
At least their first year AD isn?t afraid of making the right move. Did he tell the kids with stones enough to talk to kick rocks or pound sand?

Keith Carter didn't make that decision, Boyle did.

msstate7
12-02-2019, 08:20 AM
Funny how this board thought cumbest could play baseball and football effectively, but the 2 more highly rated guys at OM can't.

hacker
12-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Funny how this board thought cumbest could play baseball and football effectively, but the 2 more highly rated guys at OM can't.

The cognitive dissonance is strong on this board

TStationDawg
12-02-2019, 11:17 AM
CC- Dude- That's awesome! 6 dingers in 12 games is stout! Hoping the best for him! It's awesome he will get to continue to play the greatest game on earth beyond HS. Not all of us were so fortunate. LOL

Commercecomet24
12-02-2019, 11:30 AM
CC- Dude- That's awesome! 6 dingers in 12 games is stout! Hoping the best for him! It's awesome he will get to continue to play the greatest game on earth beyond HS. Not all of us were so fortunate. LOL

Thank you so much for that! Hoping for his continued progress and a great spring!