PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight...

dawg93
12-01-2019, 10:31 PM
UM has an AD who has permanently been on the job all of a couple of weeks and he makes the move. They have an unpopular
President who has been on the job a bit longer and he obviously agrees with the move.

We have the so called IB for an AD and a President firmly entrenched at MSU. And we can't make the move. Who are they listening to? Is Larry Templeton running our Athletic Department again??

This is not 30 years ago. Winning 6 games and beating the Rebels is NOT nearly good enough. There is way too much money at our disposal to settle for mediocrity. This is not just about college football. This is BIG BUSINESS. In many ways, the football team drives not only the athletic department but also the university as a whole. When football wins, enrollment is up. Donations are up. People feel good about MSU. This decision hurts our overall university as much as the football program.

It will not change next year. Same offense and same results. Disappointed in my university tonight like I never have been before.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 10:35 PM
That leg hike was the 2nd time that had happened under Luke's watch. To top it off, Luke only apologized to his fans and alumni, no one else.

That not only gave them the out but Sankey may have called them up and said "Don't let that happen again".

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:14 PM
That leg hike was the 2nd time that had happened under Luke's watch. To top it off, Luke only apologized to his fans and alumni, no one else.

That not only gave them the out but Sankey may have called them up and said "Don't let that happen again".

That?s an interesting point about Sankey. That could be the case after the meeting in the offseason because he wanted to de-escalate the Egg Bowl stuff....and then Ole Miss does that while we pretty much behave the entire game.

They just can?t help but be Ole Miss.

cujo
12-02-2019, 08:07 AM
That?s an interesting point about Sankey. That could be the case after the meeting in the offseason because he wanted to de-escalate the Egg Bowl stuff....and then Ole Miss does that while we pretty much behave the entire game.

They just can?t help but be Ole Miss.

Not losing the EB

JoseBrown
12-02-2019, 09:25 AM
They got the chancellor and the AD in place, next step was move on from Luke. Luke did all they needed from him, once leadership was in place the next step was to find a new coach to lead the program after probation. I think it was just in their timeline.