PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up Call

NaborhoodDawg
12-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Does anyone see the possibility of OM?s surprise move being a wake up call for our admin finally? I just don?t see how they can sit by and allow OM to go hire a Napier or Norvell while we sit here with Sloppy Joe. OM said a few weeks ago that they were keeping him and they obviously went back on that. Why can?t we do the same? They wouldn?t have made this move without someone lined up. We are at a crossroads boys, and it ain?t looking good for us.

I see three options:

1) Cohen and Joe know that he is likely to leave for BC and Cohen has someone waiting in the wings when that does happen. This would explain not making a move yet and getting sucked into a buyout that we might not have to pay if Bc takes him.

2) The boosters and admin see the opportunity we have gifted OM and say ?we can?t let that happen, fire him now.?

3) we truly are dumb enough to watch them get the jump on a great new coach while we sit here continuing to go 5-7, 6-6 under Joe.

I?m thinking that #1 Could make some sense.
I?m praying #2 happens.
I?m afraid we are stuck on #3.

I said the other day that if OM fires Luke while we keep Joe that that would enrage fans even more and create an even bigger divide than the one Joe and Cohen already created. Idk how Cohen survives this if OM really does get Norvell and we are stuck with Joe.

Rex54
12-01-2019, 10:05 PM
#3 except we are 4-8 next year

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Right now my thought is to stand pat till maybe next year. Gotta suck it up now.

Cooterpoot
12-01-2019, 10:11 PM
There will be just as many coaches available next year. Novell isn’t going there and they aren’t after Napier either.

bobtail bob
12-01-2019, 10:16 PM
On #1 nobody wants this lazy ass hole. he's right we will have to drag him off campus

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 10:16 PM
#3 I've seen this movie before.

ScottH
12-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Given an Amateur AD and a Beta (at best) President, I'm going with #3.

If MSU football were an investment. i would have sold my position.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 10:22 PM
Novell isn’t going there and they aren’t after Napier either.

I hope this line goes better than...

Ealy will never play football in college, he's MLB bound

Ealy is going to Clemson. He's got a better chance at signing with State than Ole Miss

Plumlee will never play QB

AJ is not going to Ole Miss

Joe is gone, It's done

Napier has already agreed to be the next coach

Ole Miss is not signing Nkemdiche

Ole Miss is going to get hammered by the NCAA

Etc

Etc

Etc

Not saying "you" said these things. Just that they were said on this board.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 10:23 PM
On #1 nobody wants this lazy ass hole. he's right we will have to drag him off campus

As I've posted before there's a reason Franklin didn't fight for him at Penn State and practically pushed him out the door. Joe's a charlatan.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 10:26 PM
As I've posted before there's a reason Franklin didn't fight for him at Penn State and practically pushed him out the door. Joe's a charlatan.

Michael Oher called Freeze "the snake". Joe epitomizes Freeze in most every way. I'd bet anything Joe may have started working behind the scenes for Franklin's job ... just like Freeze did to Ogre at OM.

I keep saying we have Freeze without the offense and religion.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 10:29 PM
Michael Oher called Freeze "the snake". Joe epitomizes Freeze in most every way. I'd bet anything Joe may have started working behind the scenes for Franklin's job ... just like Freeze did to Ogre at OM.

I keep saying we have Freeze without the offense and religion.

That's why I hope his sorry Yankee ass is working hard to get the BC job to show us hicks a thing or two.