PDA

View Full Version : Keenum, Cohen and our boosters (I guess)...

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Have now set us back years, not only from a National perspective but on a State level too. In their weak attempt at celebrating a State Championship, they actually played checkers while Ole Miss played chess and lost the State too.

What an absolute cluster. This move to keep Joe and Ole Miss's willingness and balls to act on it, will be a turning point that we may not overcome for many many years. How our entire fan base isn't blowing Cohen up about this demanding we reverse this stupid ass decision to keep Joe, is beyond me. If you care about this program, you better speak up because this is a turning point in our program AND in the rivalry. Many will laugh or tell me I'm crazy, but who was the one telling y'all Joe was a bust EARLY last year while everyone mocked me? Who was the one that said we may want to hope Ole Miss beats us because it would lead to us keeping Joe? Who was the one that said I was worried the "Joe is gone, Napier is already lined up" stuff seemed too perfect to be true?

If you care about MSU football, and you care about winning, and even if you're one of those fools that only cares about beating Ole Miss....you better speak up and email Cohen or tweet him or both...make your feelings known, because all 3 of those groups of fans are going to be in for an awful next several years if we let Joe spend one more season ruining our program while Ole Miss and others around us make their teams better and make it an even further uphill battle to recruit against and compete with. I'm worried, and while most will say "calm down", I think you should all be worried too. We are in the midst of a spiral that could set this program back a decade or more. And I'm talking on a National scale, the putting us behind Ole Miss is just the additional turd in our punch bowl.

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 08:51 PM
And the zen master said we?ll see

bluelightstar
12-01-2019, 08:53 PM
If Joe tanks in 2020, every single athletic administrator involved in keeping him should be fired because you could see this five-alarm fire from outer space.

Rex54
12-01-2019, 08:53 PM
johncohen@athletics.msstate.edu

Polite, respectful, but firm. If he stays, I become a metal bleacher.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 08:57 PM
I guaran-damn-tee you they aren't hiring a shitty coach. They will go all out for a real coach. A proven coach with actually head coaching experience above the effing Patriot League. We may be royally screwed for the next several years.

shrimp
12-01-2019, 08:57 PM

Sent email last night. Has anyone actually gotten a response back?

Captain Falcon
12-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Moorhead and Luke are not apples to apples. Luke went 6-6 in Year 1 and has gotten worse. Zero bowl appearances. It really was not that hard or ballsy of a decision for them. Our situation is a bit different. Granted, could be similar if next year is a failure. But not there yet.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 09:00 PM

That's fine, send away. But if you think he cares about what you have to say, you're probably wasting your time. He just doubled down on a guy who told the fan base to kick rocks the other night. That said this was his program and he didn't care what any of you thought about it. If Cohen is still backing this guy, they will get a good laugh together reading your email over lunch tomorrow.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Moorhead and Luke are not apples to apples. Luke went 6-6 in Year 1 and has gotten worse. Zero bowl appearances. It really was not that hard or ballsy of a decision for them. Our situation is a bit different. Granted, could be similar if next year is a failure. But not there yet.

An administration that is struggling to balance the budget because of NCAA penalties, no bowls, and significantly reduced season ticket numbers just wrote a $15M check to get rid of a coach and capitalize on the lame duck status of their rival coach up the road.

Yes, it's ballsy.

msstatelp1
12-01-2019, 09:03 PM

I don't think they make this move unless they've got a Norvell or Kiffin type hire. There's no reason to fire Luke, pay his buyout, then settle for a Rich Rod or a McIntyre who were already on staff.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Watch it, Gust.**

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Watch it, Gust.**

I bugged Keenum’s scotch bottle. That’s how I knew the buy out hadn’t really been negotiated.

99jc
12-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Have now set us back years, not only from a National perspective but on a State level too. In their weak attempt at celebrating a State Championship, they actually played checkers while Ole Miss played chess and lost the State too.

What an absolute cluster. This move to keep Joe and Ole Miss's willingness and balls to act on it, will be a turning point that we may not overcome for many many years. How our entire fan base isn't blowing Cohen up about this demanding we reverse this stupid ass decision to keep Joe, is beyond me. If you care about this program, you better speak up because this is a turning point in our program AND in the rivalry. Many will laugh or tell me I'm crazy, but who was the one telling y'all Joe was a bust EARLY last year while everyone mocked me? Who was the one that said we may want to hope Ole Miss beats us because it would lead to us keeping Joe? Who was the one that said I was worried the "Joe is gone, Napier is already lined up" stuff seemed too perfect to be true?

If you care about MSU football, and you care about winning, and even if you're one of those fools that only cares about beating Ole Miss....you better speak up and email Cohen or tweet him or both...make your feelings known, because all 3 of those groups of fans are going to be in for an awful next several years if we let Joe spend one more season ruining our program while Ole Miss and others around us make their teams better and make it an even further uphill battle to recruit against and compete with. I'm worried, and while most will say "calm down", I think you should all be worried too. We are in the midst of a spiral that could set this program back a decade or more. And I'm talking on a National scale, the putting us behind Ole Miss is just the additional turd in our punch bowl.

Hell I got you beat...I went on record the day he was hired it was a bad hire!

I seen it dawg
12-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Fantastic movie.

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Look at the bright side Cadaver, at least in a year from now the fan base will be united again!! All back together pulling in the same direction....... from the bottom.

parabrave
12-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Hell I got you beat...I went on record the day he was hired it was a bad hire!

I anted up after watching the OLine look like a chinese fire drill against KSU last year. I know of 2 players from the early 80's who soured on Joe the same game.

bobcat91
12-01-2019, 09:24 PM
Let's see who they get.

Rex54
12-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Look at the bright side Cadaver, at least in a year from now the fan base will be united again!! All back together pulling in the same direction....... from the bottom.

Why do we ALWAYS have to hit rock bottom?

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 09:27 PM
I anted up after watching the OLine look like a chinese fire drill against KSU last year. I know of 2 players from the early 80's who soured on Joe the same game.

KSU 2018? That is early. I did see a lot of issues in first 3 games while most were "Woohoo ... we good". I saw them in the SFA blowout. Was very concerned going into KY game, but I was hoping he was seeing it all on film and correcting it. But that did and never has happened ... the whole damn time SMFH.

I kept wanting to try and back him until KSU this year.

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Let's see who they get.

Dude, it does not matter. They are not our measuring stick and he will be better than what we have.

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 09:28 PM

IDK man. It’s hard being a lifelong State fan. It hurts.

But in fairness, I know ole miss fans that would tell you the same thing.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 09:29 PM

Exactly. The MSU way

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2019, 09:33 PM
What do you mean united. We are united now. Moorhead has to make changes. He used up his last, "oh 17 we are unprepared for this game" about 4 times this year. KSU, UT, aTm, LSU, Auburn, UF last year, KY last year. Those are 5 toss ups with two ass beatings mixed in that we look outmatched and out coached. Time for Moorhead to change the way goes about everything from S&C to gameplanning to practices, to entire damn persona.

Everyone, whether you wanted him gone regardless of circumstances to those of us that just want this fixed all agree that change has to happen.

UM, we will see if this is a good move. Luke didn't have the IT factor as a head coach. 5-7 is his speed. That is all he is ever going to get. Moorhead has a higher ceiling than Luke ever had.

So, unfortunately as I said before, Moorhead has to earn some good will with the fanbase. All of his free chips have been played. Every practice, every snap, every delay of game, every offensive possession, every missed tackle is under the microscope.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Our boosters will cut Cohen off next year if Joe doesn't improve. I would be very surprised if Joe is here in 2021.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:38 PM
What do you mean united. We are united now. Moorhead has to make changes. He used up his last, "oh 17 we are unprepared for this game" about 4 times this year. KSU, UT, aTm, LSU, Auburn, UF last year, KY last year. Those are 5 toss ups with two ass beatings mixed in that we look outmatched and out coached. Time for Moorhead to change the way goes about everything from S&C to gameplanning to practices, to entire damn persona.

Everyone, whether you wanted him gone regardless of circumstances to those of us that just want this fixed all agree that change has to happen.

UM, we will see if this is a good move. Luke didn't have the IT factor as a head coach. 5-7 is his speed. That is all he is ever going to get. Moorhead has a higher ceiling than Luke ever had.

So, unfortunately as I said before, Moorhead has to earn some good will with the fanbase. All of his free chips have been played. Every practice, every snap, every delay of game, every offensive possession, every missed tackle is under the microscope.

You're exactly right about all of this. Joe calling out the fans is going to just add more scrutiny than usual. I think his actions have caused the bar to be set so high now there is almost no way he will be able to meet it unless he goes like 10-2 or something like that next year.

Luke was a 6-6 coach at best. He wasn't even going to go for two at the end which is what most coaches would have done. As I've said my family knows Glenn Boyce and I think the actions of their team and the half assed apology are the kind of stuff he's not going to put up with.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 11:48 PM
Our boosters will cut Cohen off next year if Joe doesn't improve. I would be very surprised if Joe is here in 2021.

I suspect that half of the big money boys are cutting him off after his shenanigans this weekend and him misleading multiple parties. Cohen has sealed his fate. It?s only a matter of time, just when.

NCDawg
12-01-2019, 11:54 PM

CadaverDawg is correct. Moorhead should not be the coach at State next year. If he is, it is certainly going to set us back while Ole Miss moves forward. Keenum and Cohen should realize that.

dawgs
12-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Yeah they aren't apples to apples. Luke took over a program on probation that couldn't go bowling. Joevester took over a program that was in as good of shape as its ever been in for a new coach and had 3 1st round picks on defense. The best roster Luke ever had was year 1 because the crootin' penalties hadn't effected the roster. No one was going to improve their roster over the last few seasons.

Dawgface
12-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Sent email last night. Has anyone actually gotten a response back?

Not me. But didn't expect one. I bet some asst read it and deleted it.

Maroonthirteen
12-02-2019, 10:50 AM
If the piss and miss was chess, label them Grandmaster.

They were trying to win the football game. They reacted to the egg bowl loss and dude making a fool of their program. Nothing more.

bobtail bob
12-02-2019, 12:35 PM
They got a response from me I usually share any financial good luck by giving the university a little something this time of year. I?m not dropping them six figures by any means but it?s something. I pretended to be ready to give the transfer info to the kid I was talking to and told him that I appreciated the courage it took for the admin to let Jughead go and get us pointed in the right direction. He told me that no change had been made. I acted surprised and told him to put a note on my account that I was withholding any donations this year and o please let whoever know that I was cutting them off until they were committed to being better. He said he understood and asked if I wanted to talk to someone up the food chain. I said sure and he transferred me to be put on hold for ten minutes. I hung up.
The whole thing up there is starting to come off as a scam. SEC handout money is all they care about.

Quaoarsking
12-02-2019, 12:52 PM

Is that a reference to the time Cohen destroyed a bleacher with a baseball bat after we batted out of order during a game?

msbulldog
12-02-2019, 01:17 PM
An administration that is struggling to balance the budget because of NCAA penalties, no bowls, and significantly reduced season ticket numbers just wrote a $15M check to get rid of a coach and capitalize on the lame duck status of their rival coach up the road.

Yes, it's ballsy.

No a Booster wrote a check, write what you know about.

msbulldog
12-02-2019, 01:23 PM

Kick the rocks, kicked all of my good will!