PDA

View Full Version : Regarding our situation...

Jacksondevildog
12-01-2019, 08:17 PM
I'm sure this isn't the case, but it feels like once we solidified things with Mo, the Rebels decided to make a move. They know we are stuck with this guy and they can get a jump on us.

R2Dawg
12-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Yep, they see how bad Joe is and if Matt can't beat Joe you gotta do something.

cheewgumm
12-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Brilliant move by them. Bravo!

MarketingBully
12-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Meh, he should have never been hired in the first place. That program was a train wreck. I’m thinking they will also have some transfers that go out of their program as well. They lost the Egg Bowl because one of their players made an ass of himself on national TV. I think it had more to do with that then us.

Saltydog
12-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Absolutely, no doubt about it. You kinda had to think this may happen. Cohen and company look like stubborn, incompetent idiots.

DogsofAnarchy
12-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Word is they couldn’t pass on the chance to hire Mike Norvell.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Absolutely, no doubt about it. You kinda had to think this may happen. Cohen and company lare stubborn, incompetent idiots.

FIFY

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Meh, he should have never been hired in the first place. That program was a train wreck. I’m thinking they will also have some transfers that go out of their program as well. They lost the Egg Bowl because one of their players made an ass of himself on national TV. I think it had more to do with that then us.

They had to fire him because of the way they made world wide news in such an embarrassing way. They are all about how they look to outsiders. Somebody had to pay for that. They were going to fire him next year anyway. They just got to do it a year earlier than they planned.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 08:40 PM
They had to fire him because of the way they made world wide news in such an embarrassing way. They are all about how they look to outsiders. Somebody had to pay for that. They were going to fire him next year anyway. They just got to do it a year earlier than they planned.

Could have said the same about Joe this year too. The point is ole miss nutted up and did what they had to do.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Could have said the same about Joe this year too. The point is ole miss nutted up and did what they had to do.

So Ole Miss IS the measuring stick again. Ok. They had a legitimate excuse. We didn't, not this year.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 08:42 PM

So now they have a chance to upgrade their coaching, and of course Arkansas is going after Kiffin, while we are stuck with another year of SloJo. We deserve every bit of this, too.

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 08:46 PM
So Ole Miss IS the measuring stick again. Ok. They had a legitimate excuse. We didn't, not this year.

The only place your statement makes sense is in a world where our programs are even. However, in reality, they are not. At least not today. Soon that will change due to our incompetence.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 08:47 PM

No, ole miss is the measuring stick for the gutless people like you. That's why we are stuck with Loudmouth. Enjoy abject mediocrity next year while om gets a real coach and we still can't beat a top 25 team.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2019, 08:52 PM
So now they have a chance to upgrade their coaching, and of course Arkansas is going after Kiffin, while we are stuck with another year of SloJo. We deserve every bit of this, too.

Until we can curb the power of the Virginia Slims, we're going to be a joke. They're stuck in the 80's which means MSU remains stuck there. The problem is I know of no way to ID the Virginia Slims or how we could curb their power if we did ID them. MSU is their little fiefdom. They want us peasants to kick rocks because they know best.

Rex54
12-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Until we can curb the power of the Virginia Slims, we're going to be a joke. They're stuck in the 80's which means MSU remains stuck there. The problem is I know of no way to ID the Virginia Slims or how we could curb their power if we did ID them. MSU is their little fiefdom. They want us peasants to kick rocks because they know best.

“You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from Longshanks’ table that you've missed your God-given right to something better.”

- Braveheart

shrimp
12-01-2019, 09:01 PM
“You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from Longshanks’ table that you've missed your God-given right to something better.”

- Braveheart

FREEEEEEDDDOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 09:04 PM

- Braveheart

Nice!!!

Rep given!

defiantdog
12-01-2019, 09:05 PM
That's because the average age of our money guys is around 70!

defiantdog
12-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Word is they couldn’t pass on the chance to hire Mike Norvell.
I really don't see Norvell going to OM..... would be surprised if it's McIntyre

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2019, 10:37 PM
I wonder if them announcing they were keeping Luke was to force our admin into showing our hand before they made their move. Am I thinking too much on this? If that’s what happened then they are playing chess while our admin is playing fish and kick the rock.

BuckyIsAB****
12-01-2019, 10:39 PM

Bullshit

BuckyIsAB****
12-01-2019, 10:40 PM
I really don't see Norvell going to OM..... would be surprised if it's McIntyre

Rich Rod. He is honestly a great fit for them

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2019, 10:56 PM
That didn?t seem to matter 2 years ago when he was interim.

defiantdog
12-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Rich Rod. He is honestly a great fit for them

I can see that..... I really don't see them forking up $17M to get rid of all three guys..... Could be wrong though.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2019, 01:11 AM
That's because the average age of our money guys is around 70!

Well that does make sense. Older people tend to have more money because they worked their whole lives to attain it. Outside of inheritance, tech startups that hit it big, etc. you usually don't see uber-wealthy young adults. Age isn't the issue, it's the mentality of those in charge.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:22 AM
I wonder if them announcing they were keeping Luke was to force our admin into showing our hand before they made their move. Am I thinking too much on this? If that?s what happened then they are playing chess while our admin is playing fish and kick the rock.

I wonder if Sankey encouraged them after they embarrassed themselves AGAIN and then Luke's BS apology after the meeting between AD's last year. Everything was mostly well behaved up until Ole Miss couldn't help themselves at the end and had to be Ole Miss.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:25 AM
Well that does make sense. Older people tend to have more money because they worked their whole lives to attain it. Outside of inheritance, tech startups that hit it big, etc. you usually don't see uber-wealthy young adults. Age isn't the issue, it's the mentality of those in charge.

The vibe I get in general is that our older as in retirement age fans that I talk to think he should get more time. Everyone else for the most part wants him gone in the other age brackets. A lot of that is because the younger generations of fans- like I grew up basically with Jackie and then people in their 20-30's grew up with Dan- are going to expect more from MSU football.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2019, 01:30 AM
The vibe I get in general is that our older as in retirement age fans that I talk to think he should get more time. Everyone else for the most part wants him gone in the other age brackets. A lot of that is because the younger generations of fans- like I grew up basically with Jackie and then people in their 20-30's grew up with Dan- are going to expect more from MSU football.

Sounds about right. Those older fans are the ones who went through the Vaught years and now they have this weird combination of PTSD and Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to Northern Miss. I thought between The Kang and Dan we'd just about eradicated that mindset, but apparently it's a disease too strong to kill. And until it's gone, we'll always be held back and stuck in the 80s.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 02:19 AM
Sounds about right. Those older fans are the ones who went through the Vaught years and now they have this weird combination of PTSD and Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to Northern Miss. I thought between The Kang and Dan we'd just about eradicated that mindset, but apparently it's a disease too strong to kill. And until it's gone, we'll always be held back and stuck in the 80s.

I grew up in the 80's basically and I do remember my Mom telling me "we're good in baseball and Ole Miss is good in football." For awhile I thought that Archie Manning basically had a career that looked like Joe Burrow's. I was pretty surprised when I actually did research later and found out that he basically went 8-3 at best and had more INT's than TD passes. I really didn't become a MSU football fan myself until Jackie came along and we beat Texas. I just didn't pay attention at all. I was like 12 though.

So the people that are cigar boys now are basically around my parents age and that would mean that they probably went to MSU in the 60's to maybe the 80's which was before Sherrill. By the time people my age get in charge I think the attitude will be much different- more like it is for our baseball program now basically. The people that hold the belief that we can be better aren't in charge- not yet anyway.

If what I understand is indeed true about our situation and about half of our cigar boys are upset- it's not ALL of that demographic that thinks that Joe should stay. But there are probably enough to keep it from happening for now. That was also before Joe's tirade in his press conference. That will come back to haunt him later. There's no question about that in my mind.