PDA

View Full Version : JoMo has one game to prove he should have gotten year 3

coastratdog
12-01-2019, 07:48 PM
This bowl game will be a make or break one for next year. If we don?t show any improvement in game planning, execution of the offense or just being organized then Cohen can write off attendance for next year. His ass is on the line too.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-01-2019, 07:56 PM
He's and 25 games here at State. 1 has had whats I'd consider a good a very good offensive performance (Auburn last year). He's not getting it together.

I'ts like when a person dies and they try the defibrillator on them. After a certain number of tries they just stop, because while it's technically possible the next jolt will make them come to life, it's clear it's not happening. Hoe many games will we give Joe to prove he can be a good coach? We can always point to the net one, but I'm done hoping

R2Dawg
12-01-2019, 08:02 PM
He's had one more game since the UK game last year. One more ain't gonna change anything.

BogeyGolfer
12-01-2019, 08:06 PM
This bowl game will be a make or break one for next year. If we don?t show any improvement in game planning, execution of the offense or just being organized then Cohen can write off attendance for next year. His ass is on the line too.

As much as I want Jomo gone, bowl games really don't mean anything...It's hard to get players motivated for a bowl game. Heck, most bowl games are unwatchable.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Bowls are more about match ups than anything.

timotheus
12-01-2019, 08:10 PM
If we are down 21-0 early in the 1st, I'll bet some folks will be concerned.

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 09:10 PM
If we are down 21-0 early in the 1st, I'll bet some folks will be concerned.

Well then I hope we get beat by 60

Mjoelner34
12-01-2019, 09:12 PM
I saw 3 or 4 this year that already told me he doesnt.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 09:16 PM
I saw 3 or 4 this year that already told me he doesnt.

So are you saying the performance against Abilene Christian wasn?t the same old shit? Took us until our 3rd to score points with the offensive genius.

Homedawg
12-01-2019, 09:17 PM

You think that will matter??? Haha. He's had 25 games up until now. I don't need more to draw a conclusion......

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 09:32 PM
I bet if Joe bombs the bowl game, we fire him.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 09:34 PM
If we've burnt the bridge to whoever we lined up and we can't line anyone up who is a potential very good hire then ... we just need to stand pat.

If our admins react to this just to react without having a good candidate(s) lined up ... we'll be totally screwed.

bulldawg28
12-01-2019, 09:35 PM

Honestly I could see this happening.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Honestly I could see this happening.

Which should also cost athletic department jobs because we'd have to release all our December signees

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2019, 09:45 PM

By that time all the good coaches are taken. Who would be left for us to take?

Rex54
12-01-2019, 09:46 PM

Hud can be our Matt Luke if nothing else. Better than what we got.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 09:47 PM

Surely they aren't that stupid. This won't happen. At least ... I don't think it will but f*** ... who knows.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Surely they aren't that stupid. This won't happen. At least ... I don't think it will but f*** ... who knows.

It would be an even bigger cluster 17 if we suck in the bowl game.

Let's all hope that we play well and Joe gives us something to be hopeful about.

SipSazerac
12-01-2019, 10:04 PM
It would be an even bigger cluster 17 if we suck in the bowl game.

Let's all hope that we play well and Joe gives us something to be hopeful about.

Not much you can do with early signing period on Dec 18.

Homedawg
12-01-2019, 10:06 PM

No chance...

monroedawg5646
12-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Winning a bowl game nobody gives a damn about will prove about the same amount as beating a dog shit Arkansas team a really bad Ole Miss team. Absolutely nothing! Joe has already proven he is brain dead as a coach. Pretty much everyone but Joe and Cohen already know that.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 10:25 PM
If that's the case, I hope we lose by 50 and John AND Joe get fired. Screw it. They clearly don't give a damn about winning, why should I?

Maybe then we can get an AD and Coach in here with a will to win.

bulldawg28
12-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Which should also cost athletic department jobs because we'd have to release all our December signees

It's a risk you take. I think a good hire could convince most if not all to stay. Also, with the 1st signing period over there would be limited spacing for a player to sign somewhere else. You get them on campus if they're not happy then hit the portal.

DogsofAnarchy
12-01-2019, 10:31 PM
If it’s Miami or FSU in the Music City Bowl we have NO shot of winning.

BuckyIsAB****
12-01-2019, 10:34 PM

That would be stupid as shit. We missed our shot

maroonmania
12-01-2019, 11:32 PM
As much as I want Jomo gone, bowl games really don't mean anything...It's hard to get players motivated for a bowl game. Heck, most bowl games are unwatchable.

Agree, its really hard to take a lot from a bowl game because if you aren't in the CFP, they are really for entertainment purposes only. Some teams put more into winning them while others see it more as an earned vacation for the players to go have a good time at the end of the season.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 11:40 PM
If it?s Miami or FSU in the Music City Bowl we have NO shot of winning.

If we have more than 6 days to prepare we have no shot. We have looked worse with 2 weeks to prepare than 1.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:42 PM
Winning the Music City or Texas Bowl wouldn't totally fix things. But it would definitely be a start.

The momentum from a bowl win carries over into the spring and into the next season at least. It would probably get a few fans back on his side for the short term as well.

For those reasons I think it's imperative that we win our bowl game.

Dawgology
12-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Agree, its really hard to take a lot from a bowl game because if you aren't in the CFP, they are really for entertainment purposes only. Some teams put more into winning them while others see it more as an earned vacation for the players to go have a good time at the end of the season.

I would imagine a Joe Moorhead led team probably won’t take it seriously

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 11:44 PM
Winning the Music City or Texas Bowl wouldn't totally fix things. But it would definitely be a start.

The momentum from a bowl win carries over into the spring and into the next season at least. It would probably get a few fans back on his side for the short term as well.

Todd. Your message box is full. Tried to reply.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 11:48 PM

The don't think a win does much for Joe unless we look really good.

A bad loss though could be devastating

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:49 PM
Todd. Your message box is full. Tried to reply.

I just emptied it.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 11:50 PM

This sounds awfully familiar to something I heard a few days ago?

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:50 PM

I agree. He probably not only needs to win- he needs a Liberty Bowl 2013 type win. The team needs to look organized and play hard.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 11:55 PM
I agree. He probably not only needs to win- he needs a Liberty Bowl 2013 type win. The team needs to look organized and play hard.

Got a better chance of Rutgers hiring JoVester than the team looking organized.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 12:04 AM
Got a better chance of Rutgers hiring JoVester than the team looking organized.

No doubt!

bigplayslay
12-02-2019, 12:19 AM
I expect Shoop to draw up a great game plan in the bowl and our d to play lights out only for Vanilla Croom’s offense to put up less than 20 on some CUSA team or the like and we lose. Ole miss will make a pretty good hire and there will be nothing to get excited about in the fall of 2020. Hope I’m very wrong fellas.

ScottH
12-02-2019, 12:22 AM
Unfortunately, almost every bowl scenario I have seen has us paired with someone a good bit better.

Captain Falcon
12-02-2019, 12:26 AM
If it’s Miami or FSU in the Music City Bowl we have NO shot of winning.

We have no shot of beating a 6-6 FSU team with an interim coach or a 6-6 Miami team whose last two games were losses to Florida International and 5-7 Duke? Pump the breaks, man.

CadaverDawg
Unless the Bowl Game gets moved to Starkville against a 4-8 team willing to piss the game away, we are likely ending this season 6-7, and looking like a bunch of dipshits for keeping the JoMo Shit Show

CadaverDawg
We have no shot of beating a 6-6 FSU team with an interim coach or a 6-6 Miami team whose last two games were losses to Florida International and 5-7 Duke? Pump the breaks, man.

No, we probably don't. The fact that it's debatable is laughable enough.

Captain Falcon
12-02-2019, 12:27 AM

I didn’t think effort or organization were an issue on Thursday night. Play calling wasn’t perfect and the botched punt was brutal, but I definitely felt like we were ready to play and had a solid gameplan in many ways.

Captain Falcon
12-02-2019, 12:31 AM
I will agree that a win in this game is badly needed for morale purposes. Not that a win will remove all concerns, but a loss would make for an unbearable offseason with all the negativity.

Political Hack
12-02-2019, 12:46 AM

Hopefully it'll help soothe the burn for some.

Really Clark?
12-02-2019, 01:29 AM
I didn’t think effort or organization were an issue on Thursday night. Play calling wasn’t perfect and the botched punt was brutal, but I definitely felt like we were ready to play and had a solid gameplan in many ways.

The first two offensive drives we had looked bad just like the majority of the season. And had a false start again on the first series. Defense looked better but offense looked pretty bad for the majority of the game.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:31 AM

I agree with you especially on defense. They absolutely played their asses off and really the biggest glaring issue was the bust on the 4th and 24. Special teams looked better. To be objective Tutor Gate greatly affected us on defense. And made us look even worse when they weren't in the game. The first two offensive drives stalled out as usual. But at least Joe kept it mostly conservative which I think gave us the best chance to win. Shrader outplayed Plumlee and that was a BIG key. Even with the botched punt special teams was the best it has been all year long.

Joe may be able to pull it off but thanks to his tirade he made it even less likely. If we come out with the same energy and organization in the bowl game it would be an encouraging sign.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately, almost every bowl scenario I have seen has us paired with someone a good bit better.

That's a good thing.

With Tutor gate over, Joe is either exposed or we get better

Isn't that what everyone wants?

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2019, 07:19 AM
I will agree that a win in this game is badly needed for morale purposes. Not that a win will remove all concerns, but a loss would make for an unbearable offseason with all the negativity.

Agree.

Sienfield
12-02-2019, 07:38 AM

JoMo only had 4 days to prepare his awesome offense for the game. Had he had a week or more we would not have scored.

parabrave
12-02-2019, 10:13 AM
Bowls are more about match ups than anything.

Tell that to Iowa.

parabrave
12-02-2019, 10:43 AM

6 total yards of total offense for the 1st 13 mins of the 1st QTR is not a solid gameplan. Thankfully OM Fd up on the 1st drive otherwise it might have been a wipeort.