PDA

View Full Version : A different take on assistants

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 03:13 PM
First of all, my brother broke the news to me yesterday via text on Rosies news. He, a former player for ole miss, was laughing and thought it was sad that we let besting them affect the decision. He is as knowledgable about the game as anyone I know - watches our games too because we all grew up dawgs - and he thinks he?s a joke - manly due to no in game adjustments. He thought Joe was trying to give them the EB. He thinks they keep Luke btw.

So - assistants - I hope we don?t give Moorhead any ultimatums here and we let him fall on his sword. If a SEC HC needs to be told to make adjustments by someone who?s not another coach, he doesn?t need to be a HC. Let?s let him ride or die with his plan. Don?t wanna change S&C - good - we have an interim by Halloween.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 03:15 PM
I with you on this. If HC can't figure it out, he don't need to be the HC making $3 mill/year.

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 03:52 PM
This is what I would do. But I'm not Cohen, and if it's true that they are buddies, then Cohen is going to do all he can to help Joe get to 6-6 with egg bowl wins.

TheLostDawg
12-01-2019, 03:55 PM
It's Cohen's job on the line now for giving Moorhead another year. I just don't see Cohen sitting ideally by

MetEdDawg
12-01-2019, 03:59 PM
SC let go of 2 assistants today and demoted a 3rd one.

Question I have is when the heck are we going to do something? Anything to show that we aren't complacent or happy with what transpired this year?

I get some of the factors to some degree. But there have to be changes made. When the hell is the university going to make them and tell us exactly wtf transpired and will transpire to turn this thing around?

SipSazerac
12-01-2019, 04:46 PM
SC let go of 2 assistants today and demoted a 3rd one.

Question I have is when the heck are we going to do something? Anything to show that we aren't complacent or happy with what transpired this year?

I get some of the factors to some degree. But there have to be changes made. When the hell is the university going to make them and tell us exactly wtf transpired and will transpire to turn this thing around?

The question is, did the head S&C Coach get fired? That's the only way things change.

MetEdDawg
12-01-2019, 05:08 PM
The question is, did the head S&C Coach get fired? That's the only way things change.

They did. Fired their head S&C guy that came in with muschamp and took away the play calling duties from the assistant calling plays. Also fired their QB coach.

Does any of that sound like things we've asked for?? Question is will we do it because we are going to be competing with some of these middle tier SEC programs for coaches if we in fact try to make some changes.

Their decisiveness makes us look pretty stupid right now.