PDA

View Full Version : Want to talk about this

Dawgfan77
12-01-2019, 01:33 PM
We lose the bowl which I expect. We will be 6-7. Yep a losing season. So we keep SloMo because we get one more win albeit against a rival that basically gave us the win. Now we have a coach and administration that gave us the middle finger and told the fan base to kick rocks.
So we end up 2019 with a losing season once we lose the bowl game
Makes no sense why we kept him

Meanwhile MiZZ doesn?t put up with mediocrity and fires Odom.

phatdog
12-01-2019, 01:40 PM
So the wheels quit moving?

Jack Lambert
12-01-2019, 01:41 PM
Everyone was saying the week before the Arkansas game that Arkansas was going to get their first SEC win. When we kicked their ass it was "they were no good and have checked out". The week before Ole Miss everyone was saying Plumlee is going run all over our defense and whip our ass. When it didn't happen and Plumlee only had 38 yards rushing it changed to "Well they only won four games". Until we lose the bowl game I refused to say anything like that. Most likely we will get a similar type team in the bowl game.

I with you about not keeping him but we did so I am going to keep supporting Miss State.

Here is how I view it. Win the bowl game, have a winning season, have a decent recruiting class, keep the bread basket full with wonder bread, if he is the guy it will all work out next season. If not he will be gone after next season and the bread basket will have bread in it for the next guy. He is here so we might as well just be happy and hope for the best. Bitching and Whining on a message board does nothing and this football season has proven that.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 01:46 PM
I would be curious as to what % of the entire fan base wants him gone. I know ED is but a small fraction of the entire fan base but would be interested in knowing how representative ED is of the fan base as a whole. I'm sure that's prolly an impossible question to answer.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 01:51 PM
I would be curious as to what % of the entire fan base wants him gone. I know ED is but a small fraction of the entire fan base but would be interested in knowing how representative ED is of the fan base as a whole. I'm sure that's prolly an impossible question to answer.

Well I can tell you in my 45+ minute wait to get into the stadium not a damn person said anything for keeping him and several agreed with my drunken rant about how we need to get rid of him.

msbulldog
12-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Everyone was saying the week before the Arkansas game that Arkansas was going to get their first SEC win. When we kicked their ass it was "they were no good and have checked out". The week before Ole Miss everyone was saying Plumlee is going run all over our defense and whip our ass. When it didn't happen and Plumlee only had 38 yards rushing it changed to "Well they only won four games". Until we lose the bowl game I refused to say anything like that. Most likely we will get a similar type team in the bowl game.

I with you about not keeping him but we did so I am going to keep supporting Miss State.

Here is how I view it. Win the bowl game, have a winning season, have a decent recruiting class, keep the bread basket full with wonder bread, if he is the guy it will all work out next season. If not he will be gone after next season and the bread basket will have bread in it for the next guy. He is here so we might as well just be happy and hope for the best. Bitching and Whining on a message board does nothing and this football season has proven that.

I'm with ya Jack! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Missouri kept him 4 years

Coursesuper
12-01-2019, 01:56 PM
The only thing to talk about right now is a completely divided alumni and MSU just got poorer due this cluster 17 and the kick rocks presser. This is in no way going to be healed easily or quickly. We already see have Rosey coming out telling us how to think and act and that anyone that was spreading vicious rumors is a bad fan. None of this will help it is a divide, and people are already on both side of this thing and stay there, it’s going to stay this way a long time.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 02:02 PM
The only thing to talk about right now is a completely divided alumni and MSU just got poorer due this cluster 17 and the kick rocks presser. This is in no way going to be healed easily or quickly. We already see have Rosey coming out telling us how to think and act and that anyone that was spreading vicious rumors is a bad fan. None of this will help it is a divide, and people are already on both side of this thing and stay there, it’s going to stay this way a long time.

Unfortunately this pretty much sums it up.

THE Bruce Dickinson

Great Post.

The Moorhead haters on this board move the goalposts with literally every statement, because they are so blinded by their hate for the guy.

Dawgfan77
So the wheels quit moving?

Hey ass hat. Do you have sources? Have you ever been wrong. Go pound sand kick rocks.
Sure I put stuff out there. Appreciate your snide remarks. So funny!!

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Hey ass hat. Do you have sources? Have you ever been wrong. Go pound sand kick rocks.
Sure I put stuff out there. Appreciate your snide remarks. So funny!!

Would you mind answering this question seriously? I?m still curious if there?s anything going on behind the scenes. Feel free to PM if you want. I appreciate your take around here.

Dawgfan77
12-01-2019, 02:12 PM
Everything is out now. There was some things discussed this weekend on joes part but to no avail

I heard something?s yesterday about decisions and changed he has to make but nothing I?m ready to post about. Especially now. If someone else want to post it by all means

Bothrops
12-01-2019, 02:13 PM
We lose the bowl which I expect. We will be 6-7. Yep a losing season. So we keep SloMo because we get one more win albeit against a rival that basically gave us the win. Now we have a coach and administration that gave us the middle finger and told the fan base to kick rocks.

4 years of mediocrity is different. **** away

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 02:15 PM

I wonder if we even have the kick rocks presser that “divided the fanbase” if all the rumor mongering hadn’t occurred the past week. I’m not seeing any culpability for those spreading the rumors.

Sportsdog
12-01-2019, 02:18 PM
First post here. Thank you for this.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 02:18 PM
If it was "just rumors" as Rosie said and not some truth behind them, Joe wouldn't have made the comments he made in the presser. IMO that was all calculated to arrive at the result we are now getting ... or to maximum the pain to MSU on his way out the door. Whichever it turned out to be.

phatdog
12-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Everything is out now. There was some things discussed this weekend on joes part but to no avail

I heard something?s yesterday about decisions and changed he has to make but nothing I?m ready to post about. Especially now. If someone else want to post it by all means

Thanks asshat.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Great Post.

The Moorhead haters on this board move the goalposts with literally every statement, because they are so blinded by their hate for the guy.

What goalposts are people moving? The dude has regressed the program since he took over. That's the goalpost. The only ones who've moved it have been the ones who brought them in to being shorter as putting our sights on Ole Miss and Ole Miss alone.

Last 4 seasons under Mullen against our peers:
LSU: 2-2 with a combined 5 points in our losses.
Auburn: 2-2
OM: 1-3
UK: 3-1 with a last second FG loss
Bama: 0-4 with two blowouts and two close losses
A&M: 3-1
Ark: 3-1 thanks to Peter Sirmon

Under Moorhead the only areas of improvement are against Arkansas and Ole Miss. His win last year against Auburn being Hud/Huff gameplan and then trashing it and having never gone back to it says enough about him. The ego to want only your plan to work and not just be successful tells me he is not fit to be a head coach yet. We've seen LSU boatrace away from us along with Auburn and A&M pass and separate from us. We're back in the cellar and only have company thanks to more inept management at Ark and OM.

Randolph Dupree
12-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Serious question, did the wheels quit turning? Feel free to PM if you don't want the backlash. FWIW my two guys are pretty much done discussing it. Pissed off as best I can tell.

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2019, 02:54 PM
I don?t personally know anybody who is on a message board but me. I come from a Bulldog family and know lots of a Bulldog fans. I don?t know a single individual who wants him to stay. I don?t even know of a fence straddler who could go either way.
ETA most of the fans I know checked out last year after Joe pissed his pants with UK, UF and Iowa.

Percho
12-01-2019, 03:18 PM

I'm with you. I hope he goes on to be the greatest coach we have ever had. But just like, doubting Thomas, I am going have to see it to believe it. O ye of little faith. That's me.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 03:18 PM
What goalposts are people moving? The dude has regressed the program since he took over. That's the goalpost. The only ones who've moved it have been the ones who brought them in to being shorter as putting our sights on Ole Miss and Ole Miss alone.

Last 4 seasons under Mullen against our peers:
LSU: 2-2 with a combined 5 points in our losses.
Auburn: 2-2
OM: 1-3
UK: 3-1 with a last second FG loss
Bama: 0-4 with two blowouts and two close losses
A&M: 3-1
Ark: 3-1 thanks to Peter Sirmon

Under Moorhead the only areas of improvement are against Arkansas and Ole Miss. His win last year against Auburn being Hud/Huff gameplan and then trashing it and having never gone back to it says enough about him. The ego to want only your plan to work and not just be successful tells me he is not fit to be a head coach yet. We've seen LSU boatrace away from us along with Auburn and A&M pass and separate from us. We're back in the cellar and only have company thanks to more inept management at Ark and OM.

I am not sure you could have made this any easier to prove my point.

First, to repeat what Jack said, all the Joe haters on the board would claim we would get our asses kicked by bad teams Monday-Friday, only to crawfish after the game and claim the team we beat sucked to begin with.

Next, Joe has only been here 2 years, not 4. So when we are comparing Dan's last 2 to Joe's first 2, the numbers comes out like this when competing with our peers.

Dan Joe

LSU 1-1 0-2

Aub 0-2 1-1

OM 1-1 2-0

UK 1-1 1-1

Bama 0-2 0-2

A&M 2-0 1-1

Ark 1-1 2-0

Total 6-8 7-7

In 2 more years (If Joe is here) we can compare Joe and Dan's 4 year track record, but for now this is all the data we have, and despite what you believe, you have no idea what Joe's record will be if he gets 2 more seasons.

Lastly, you can't just claim that the game plan against Auburn was Hudspeth's. You have absolutely zero knowledge of that, and are just trying to justify Joe sucking in your own mind.

Hud's plan totally sucked against Florida and Iowa!* See I can do that too. There is no truth to it, but it makes my side of the argument look better.

Satisfied?

msbulldog
12-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Yes Bruce Joe sucks as a coach if you can't see that your just blind.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 03:54 PM

First, to repeat what Jack said, all the Joe haters on the board would claim we would get our asses kicked by bad teams Monday-Friday, only to crawfish after the game and claim the team we beat sucked to begin with.

Next, Joe has only been here 2 years, not 4. So when we are comparing Dan's last 2 to Joe's first 2, the numbers comes out like this when competing with our peers.

Dan Joe

LSU 1-1 0-2

Aub 0-2 1-1

OM 1-1 2-0

UK 1-1 1-1

Bama 0-2 0-2

A&M 2-0 1-1

Ark 1-1 2-0

Total 6-8 7-7

In 2 more years (If Joe is here) we can compare Joe and Dan's 4 year track record, but for now this is all the data we have, and despite what you believe, you have no idea what Joe's record will be if he gets 2 more seasons.

Lastly, you can't just claim that the game plan against Auburn was Hudspeth's. You have absolutely zero knowledge of that, and are just trying to justify Joe sucking in your own mind.

Hud's plan totally sucked against Florida and Iowa!* See I can do that too. There is no truth to it, but it makes my side of the argument look better.

Satisfied?

Do you REALLY think Joe is as good as Dan? Do you actually WATCH the games and analyze them or do you just rely on scores from ESPN.COM? Do you REALLY think our offensive talent is in the 80's and 70's from a ranking perspective? Do you think a HC should be excused for allowing his team to show up out of shape? Do you think the QB "competition" actually happened and KT was giving a fair shot? Do you think Joe has a sense of what's at his disposal and utilizes it efficiently or do you think maybe he has a one track mind unable to adjust to get the max out of his offensive players?

On another note on another post you made, I'd be willing to bet the next coach looks at much more than the W-L record when analyzing what he's gonna inherit.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 04:15 PM

Dan Joe

LSU 1-1 0-2

Aub 0-2 1-1

OM 1-1 2-0

UK 1-1 1-1

Bama 0-2 0-2

A&M 2-0 1-1

Ark 1-1 2-0

Total 6-8 7-7

Satisfied?

Man just because YOU don't have people who know what went on in your circle doesn't mean others don't. That Auburn game is a fact. It was a game I hung my hat on until this season happened and I asked around after seeing that story plastered here. Joe has one win to his credit that is impressive in two seasons. A&M 2018. Being a student for 6 years, especially working as a tutor for the university you bump elbows with quite a few in the know.

And look at those scores. We were competitive under Dan. 2016 is his worst season by far and a majority of that was due to the piss poor defense. Sirmon was a swing and a miss. Dan runs the offense like Joe does. Shoop is the DC. The defense this year laps 2016. The defense last year was the best in MSU history. Why is Joe struggling with that defensive production if he's on par with Dan?

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Do you REALLY think Joe is as good as Dan? Do you actually WATCH the games and analyze them or do you just rely on scores from ESPN.COM? Do you REALLY think our offensive talent is in the 80's and 70's from a ranking perspective? Do you think a HC should be excused for allowing his team to show up out of shape? Do you think the QB "competition" actually happened and KT was giving a fair shot? Do you think Joe has a sense of what's at his disposal and utilizes it efficiently or do you think maybe he has a one track mind unable to adjust to get the max out of his offensive players?

On another note on another post you made, I'd be willing to bet the next coach looks at much more than the W-L record when analyzing what he's gonna inherit.

If I were given a choice right now between Joe and Dan, I would choose Dan. It still doesn't make Joe a failure no matter how you FEEL.

I live in Starkville and go to every game.

I think our wide receivers are hands down the worst in the conference. When the offense is built around the ability to complete passes it kind of puts the team behind the 8-ball.

You have no idea about anything regarding strength and conditioning other than the emotional posts you have read on message boards.

I know much more about the QB competition and situation than you do.

I think the offense looks stagnant a lot of times, but we hired him to run his offense Not Dan Mullen's. Should Geoff Collins continue running the option at GT? Because that is what fits his current roster's abilities.

The next coach will certainly look at our records and wonder if the fanbase has unreasonable expectations. If we were to fire Moorhead this year, it would hamper our ability to hire a quality replacement.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Oh you're just like 007 that thinks we hired a guy to run a system instead of win games. Yeah never mind. I'm done talking to you on this. Equating the change in philosophy to similar to a change from triple option... lmfao.

If you don't have the horses and aren't getting the horses to commit at WR why run a WR-centric offense. Part of the appeal of Joe was that talent didn't matter, discipline did and that we'd utilize the TEs way better but the transition will be smooth. But now you're regurgitating 007 talking points lmao.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 04:37 PM

Based on Twitter polls I'm going to say about 50%. I would suspect some of that is inflated due to winning the Egg Bowl.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 04:39 PM
If I were given a choice right now between Joe and Dan, I would choose Dan. It still doesn't make Joe a failure no matter how you FEEL.

I think our wide receivers are hands down the worst in the conference. When the offense is built around the ability to complete passes it kind of puts the team behind the 8-ball.

You have no idea about anything regarding strength and conditioning other than the emotional posts you have read on message boards.

I think the offense looks stagnant a lot of times, but we hired him to run his offense Not Dan Mullen's. Should Geoff Collins continue running the option at GT? Because that is what fits his current roster's abilities.

The next coach will certainly look at our records and wonder if the fanbase has unreasonable expectations. If we were to fire Moorhead this year, it would hamper our ability to hire a quality replacement.

If your receivers are the worst, then evaluate that and adjust your offense accordingly. Not that hard to understand. Don't try to build something without the parts needed.

Lack of S&C is apparent by watching us getting trucked by ball carriers and other aspects of the offense.

So you believe KT had a fair shot? Would love to hear more about that. Should JOMO have seen the lack of WR's and just held on to what he had? maybe change his system up and gone with KT? Could we have done more miserably with a KT / JS type QB with a run first mentality?

Any coach with 1/2 a brain looking into our program should understand why a change was / is needed and have the confidence that he can do better. This ain't a Cutcliffe / OM situation. We don't have unreasonable expectations like so many other programs do. We've go too many resources these days than the past and the majority of fans want those resources capitalized on. Being kind and gentle to a loser because he's a good guy doesn't fly in this business.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Oh you're just like 007 that thinks we hired a guy to run a system instead of win games. Yeah never mind. I'm done talking to you on this. Equating the change in philosophy to similar to a change from triple option... lmfao.

If you don't have the horses and aren't getting the horses to commit at WR why run a WR-centric offense. Part of the appeal of Joe was that talent didn't matter, discipline did and that we'd utilize the TEs way better but the transition will be smooth. But now you're regurgitating 007 talking points lmao.

We did hire him to win games. He has won just as many his predecessor in his last 2 seasons. I laid that out pretty clearly above.

The triple option switch is a more extreme example, but the logic remains the same.

Talent ALWAYS matters. LMFAO*

Kain32
12-01-2019, 04:43 PM
I wonder if we even have the kick rocks presser that ?divided the fanbase? if all the rumor mongering hadn?t occurred the past week. I?m not seeing any culpability for those spreading the rumors.

If moorhead is so thin skinned to need a ?kick the rocks? pressor just because of rumors from one message board, then we have bigger problems then his poorly prepared teams.

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 04:51 PM
If moorhead is so thin skinned to need a ?kick the rocks? pressor just because of rumors from one message board, then we have bigger problems then his poorly prepared teams.

You’re probably right that the stuff posted on this board doesn’t have a real impact on real life.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 04:54 PM

new guy starting out right here, good post sir. I know we have some new trolls but this situation is expanding throughout our fan base it would appear and lotta folk wanting to vent their displeasure with the current administration. That's the way things get done.

Kain32
12-01-2019, 04:58 PM
You’re probably right that the stuff posted on this board doesn’t have a real impact on real life.

No doubt, It shouldn’t have any impact on real life, it’s a board to discuss State sports, rumors included. If a coach, reads these boards and it effects him so bad that he has to pitch a hissy fit in a press conference about those rumors, he probably shouldn’t be coaching at an SEC school.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Any coach with 1/2 a brain looking into our program should understand why a change was / is needed and have the confidence that he can do better. This ain't a Cutcliffe / OM situation. We don't have unreasonable expectations like so many other programs do. We've go too many resources these days than the past and the majority of fans want those resources capitalized on. Being kind and gentle to a loser because he's a good guy doesn't fly in this business.

Let's say Matt Campbell at Iowa State leaves for USC. Iowa State hires X coach, and that coach goes 8-5 in his first season, and then 6-6 (7-6, 6-7) in his second. After that second season they fire him. How does that look to the average Mississippi State fan? I guarantee no one is taking the time to look into each play in each game to understand if Iowa State acted drastically in firing this new coach. They are just going to see a historically below average team that fired a coach that seemed to be doing fine. Other coaches will view it that way too.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 05:00 PM
We did hire him to win games. He has won just as many his predecessor in his last 2 seasons. I laid that out pretty clearly above.

The triple option switch is a more extreme example, but the logic remains the same.

Talent ALWAYS matters. LMFAO*

And you just got thru admitting you'd rather have Dan than Joe. I.E. "records be damned", no? back to the records now? Or are there MORE reasons you'd rather have Dan?

Agree about talent. example: Croom beat Saban. Did I just say that? did that really happen? LOL; I guess Croom is better than Dan AND Joe since he beat Bamer twice. But hey, that's the record, no?

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Well said. I would hope he would spend more time game planning and less time reading message boards and social media. There's a sign going into the pats building and the pats locker room that says "don't believe the hype and don't listen to the noise" joe would be wise to follow that advise as well.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Let's say Matt Campbell at Iowa State leaves for USC. Iowa State hires X coach, and that coach goes 8-5 in his first season, and then 6-6 (7-6, 6-7) in his second. After that second season they fire him. How does that look to the average Mississippi State fan? I guarantee no one is taking the time to look into each play in each game to understand if Iowa State acted drastically in firing this new coach. They are just going to see a historically below average team that fired a coach that seemed to be doing fine. Other coaches will view it that way too.

a HC interview is going to not last 10 minutes discussing only wins / losses. There are actual details that are going to be discussed. Why the previous guy failed and what the new guy can do in order to live up to our standards that are NOT that difficult to obtain. It's not like we're asking the next guy to guarantee us a 5 week # 1 ranking in the next 2 years.

DLGDawg
12-01-2019, 05:43 PM
a HC interview is going to not last 10 minutes discussing only wins / losses. There are actual details that are going to be discussed. Why the previous guy failed and what the new guy can do in order to live up to our standards that are NOT that difficult to obtain. It's not like we're asking the next guy to guarantee us a 5 week # 1 ranking in the next 2 years.

Going by records only leads to inaccuracies in the evaluation. Sooo many intangibles that go into measuring a coach. Dans first year...we were a much better coached team. Anyone with any football knowledge at all could tell. Dans second year...same thing. Anyone with a little football knowledge could tell that the program was improving.
Also, comparing dans last 2 years here is not a good comparison. He was basically coaching with one foot out the door. So in all actuality, Dan could out coach Joe with one leg tied behind his back. Lol

Now, after Joes first 2 years, anyone with a little football knowledge can tell that the program is declining/regressing.

If folks that see the regression and think he can start to turn it around in year 3...then we?ll just have agree to disagree.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Great Post.

Yes, they do. It's unreal,

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 05:55 PM

Very well put.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 06:44 PM
And you just got thru admitting you'd rather have Dan than Joe. I.E. "records be damned", no? back to the records now? Or are there MORE reasons you'd rather have Dan?

Agree about talent. example: Croom beat Saban. Did I just say that? did that really happen? LOL; I guess Croom is better than Dan AND Joe since he beat Bamer twice. But hey, that's the record, no?

Yeah I would rather have Dan. I enjoyed watching his power spread option more than Moorhead's offense so far. The whole point of my argument is not to try to convince people that Joe is a better coach than Dan. Dan did a lot for this school, and I thought he did a great job for the most part while here.

The fact is that Dan is gone not by any choice of ours. We made what seemed to be a good hire, and despite what this militant wing of the fanbase thinks has not been just a complete disaster. We have slid back some, and some issues need to be addressed, but it doesn't warrant firing the guy after 2 years.

Croom beating Saban is such a straw man argument. It is the only thing Croom apologists have to hang their hat on. Moorhead hasn't done anything even close to equating with State losing to Maine in 04 or Tulane in 06. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. If we continue to regress next year, I will change my tune, but until then I am willing to stick with it and see what happens.

timotheus
12-01-2019, 07:00 PM
You keep hanging by that thread.

NeuteredDawg
12-01-2019, 07:01 PM

He didn?t tell the fan base to kick rocks. He thanked the majority of the fan base (his words). He Indirectly told most of the know it alls here (with no real sources) to kick rocks. Big difference.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 07:04 PM
Delete

Spiderman
12-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Only problem I have is you saying they basically gave us a win. They never lead, and we let them have a chance on 4th and 24.

Maroonthirteen
12-01-2019, 07:24 PM

Well said.

PendingTransaction
12-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Joe has to be a pretty good coach. He had a short week (4 days) to prepare for UM; he spent two days negotiating his new job;one day negotiating his buyout, and the last day reading ED. Dan never beat UM when facing that kind of distraction.

timotheus
12-01-2019, 07:29 PM
You keep hanging by that thread.

OLJWales
12-02-2019, 06:57 PM
Yeah I would rather have Dan. I enjoyed watching his power spread option more than Moorhead's offense so far. The whole point of my argument is not to try to convince people that Joe is a better coach than Dan. Dan did a lot for this school, and I thought he did a great job for the most part while here.

The fact is that Dan is gone not by any choice of ours. We made what seemed to be a good hire, and despite what this militant wing of the fanbase thinks has not been just a complete disaster. We have slid back some, and some issues need to be addressed, but it doesn't warrant firing the guy after 2 years.

Croom beating Saban is such a straw man argument. It is the only thing Croom apologists have to hang their hat on. Moorhead hasn't done anything even close to equating with State losing to Maine in 04 or Tulane in 06. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. If we continue to regress next year, I will change my tune, but until then I am willing to stick with it and see what happens.

The "wanting Joe gone now" is not a "militant wing", based on what I'm reading, it's the MAJORITY wing.

BogeyGolfer
12-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Joe has to be a pretty good coach. He had a short week (4 days) to prepare for UM; he spent two days negotiating his new job;one day negotiating his buyout, and the last day reading ED. Dan never beat UM when facing that kind of distraction.

+1 nice job, lol

Bubb Rubb
12-02-2019, 07:14 PM

If you've paid any attention this year, you'd know that the less time we have to prepare for a game, the better we seem to play.

MaroonFlounder
12-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Yes Bruce Joe sucks as a coach if you can't see that your just blind.

Joe looks like he will recruit way better than Dan. And my sight is fine.

In-game coaching has been sketchy, I agree.

Bdawg
12-02-2019, 10:49 PM
The only thing to talk about right now is a completely divided alumni and MSU just got poorer due this cluster 17 and the kick rocks presser. This is in no way going to be healed easily or quickly. We already see have Rosey coming out telling us how to think and act and that anyone that was spreading vicious rumors is a bad fan. None of this will help it is a divide, and people are already on both side of this thing and stay there, it?s going to stay this way a long time.

I'm saying 1 year. Hopefully be over after that.

vv83
12-02-2019, 11:45 PM

I see your point but Arkansas and Ole Miss had a combined 6 wins. 2 SEC wins. And one was against the other. I think it?s completely fair to be mad we only beat those 2 and an awful Kentucky team. We should go into those type of games knowing we?re gonna kick ass, not doom and gloom

Jack Lambert
12-02-2019, 11:57 PM
I see your point but Arkansas and Ole Miss had a combined 6 wins. 2 SEC wins. And one was against the other. I think it?s completely fair to be mad we only beat those 2 and an awful Kentucky team. We should go into those type of games knowing we?re gonna kick ass, not doom and gloom

State should not have lost to Tenn or KSU. We should be 8-4.

vv83
12-03-2019, 12:04 AM
State should not have lost to Tenn or KSU. We should be 8-4.

We’re on the same side here. There is NO reason our fan base should be doom and gloom going into Ark and OM. However that’s what Joe did to us after KSU and Tenn

BuckyIsAB****
12-03-2019, 12:05 AM

Then it proves you are more worried about perception than you are reality.. The next coach would look at Iowa St and if they saw X coach had one of 3 defenses ever to have 3 first round draft picks and 3 thousand yard rushers in the same backfield then he would probably say damn wtf was that other guy doing?

DeputyDawg94
12-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Joe looks like he will recruit way better than Dan. And my sight is fine.

In-game coaching has been sketchy, I agree.
Joe’s recruiting class is at 21 with only a few spots left to fill. I don’t see him making into the top 20. Dan averaged 27. That ain’t a big jump. Even if joe finishes top 15 he hasn’t proven he can coach em.

basedog
12-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Joe’s recruiting class is at 21 with only a few spots left to fill. I don’t see him making into the top 20. Dan averaged 27. That ain’t a big jump. Even if joe finishes top 15 he hasn’t proven he can coach em.

Depends, the last couple of recruits could or make this a very good class. We need speed bad!