PDA

View Full Version : OM gonna fire Luke?

msstate7
12-01-2019, 01:06 PM
Sps has a thread saying there's smoke. Wouldn't that be an absolute kick in the nuts if they get norvell or Napier while we stand pat?

KOdawg1
12-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Sps has a thread saying there's smoke. Wouldn't that be an absolute kick in the nuts if they get norvell or Napier while we stand pat?

Yup

bluelightstar
12-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Them firing Luke might yet get Moorhead fired this year. Since we only seem to care about what Ole Miss does.

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2019, 01:13 PM
It would be absolute MSU at its core for that to happen. I’ve already started congratulating all the OM fans I know for actually winning this years game and for the next 3 they are going to win.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 01:14 PM

I didn't think so before the Egg Bowl, but I'm not sure now. That ship may be really sinking. Seems to be a lot of controversy in that program now. Could be a good many players in that transfer portal. Guess we will see.

parabrave
12-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Maybe for making their school a national disgrace.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 01:17 PM

Nah, he just kept it going...

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 01:19 PM

That's not helping Luke's case.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 01:22 PM
I’ll believe it when I see it mainly because of his family.

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Nah, he just kept it going...

Rep given lol

timotheus
12-01-2019, 01:24 PM
they are getting the old guard back in place. Luke is safe for now

Ari Gold
12-01-2019, 01:24 PM
They don’t have the money from what I have been told to make a big change
Wouldn’t be shocked tho if the shake up to calm the masses there is RR is gone and Will Hall hired as OC ...

msstate7
12-01-2019, 01:25 PM

He has a huge buyout too

bigplayslay
12-01-2019, 01:25 PM

Don’t forget woo pig and Mizzou are in the market for a coach. You gotta think norvell/Napier could go either place. Would be absolutely classic if all 3 new head coaches beat us next year.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 01:30 PM

I really don't think they will either this year, due to what you said, but there is some controversy in their program right now.

timotheus
12-01-2019, 01:31 PM
They don’t have the money from what I have been told to make a big change
Wouldn’t be shocked tho if the shake up to calm the masses there is RR is gone and Will Hall hired as OC ...

It is brewing but it may end up like the stir in starkville and end up a nothing burger. Depends on who is in Carter's ear the loudest.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 01:33 PM
We seemed to be locked in this death spiral with ole miss. Neither can get the upper hand on the other for very long. We both would rather wallow in mediocrity just as long as one us has the golden egg and bragging rights.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 01:37 PM
We seemed to be locked in this death spiral with ole miss. Neither can get the upper hand on the other for very long. We both would rather wallow in mediocrity just as long as one us has the golden egg and bragging rights.

Good post Trap ... gotta spread some rep tho.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2019, 03:44 PM
The same source that told me 2 weeks ago that the new AD said they didnt have the money for buyouts now says that the 'Moore thing' may make it happen.

DLGDawg
12-01-2019, 04:05 PM

From what reading I?ve done on the 247 site , their fan base appears to be split also. Got the ?Luke?s all rebel? supporters vs ?I?m all rebel too but can?t coach either? crowd.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 05:02 PM
After the way Cohen misled Napier and others interested, it probably will happen.

shannondawg
12-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Ive heard that they don't have the money to buy Luke out, on the same token, have read on here that our boosters couldn't raise the money to buy Joe out.

I figure they got a lot more money people than we do, are they so pissed off with the PC crap going up there , they sitting on their pocketbooks?

So the question is can a school buy out a coaches contract or does it have to come from outside money.

msbulldog
12-01-2019, 06:08 PM
The news is all over 247 ole miss. They say the have raised the money, but their new chancellor has agreed to it yet.

msbulldog
12-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Ive heard that they don't have the money to buy Luke out, on the same token, have read on here that our boosters couldn't raise the money to buy Joe out.

I figure they got a lot more money people than we do, are they so pissed off with the PC crap going up there , they sitting on their pocketbooks?

So the question is can a school buy out a coaches contract or does it have to come from outside money.

Yes Shannon buyout money has to come from sources outside the university.

MetEdDawg
12-01-2019, 06:12 PM
They will keep Luke, fire him mid year, and Rich Rod will take over the job permanently.

Spiderman
12-01-2019, 06:55 PM

They aren't gonna fire somebody that is a big as a rebel as Luke is unless they have a BIG name to take it.

That said, Lane Kiffin is the most Ole Miss fit as a coach ever. How the punk didn't go to school there I will never know

parabrave
12-01-2019, 06:57 PM
The news is all over 247 ole miss. They say the have raised the money, but their new chancellor has agreed to it yet.

Has 34 and Ari been over there trolling them?

msbulldog
12-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Has 34 and Ari been over there trolling them?

Not that I can tell, LOL. There is a lot of poster pissed at the new chancellor for not moving quickly.

shannondawg
12-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Yes Shannon buyout money has to come from sources outside the university.

Well I guess they got off their pocketbooks, Daily journal reports buyout for Lukey and oc & dc is 15 mil.