PDA

View Full Version : Rosey just threw down the gauntlet

bobcat91
12-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Basically said all the internet rumors were bs and nothing to them. Said Keenum and Cohen have this under control and it's time to get in line. Dont shoot the messenger

confucius say
12-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Meaning there was never a deal already in place prior to ole miss game from which we backtracked after beating ole miss?

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Well he is not incorrect.

cheewgumm
12-01-2019, 11:53 AM
First he said Joe was definitely back.... then he said Joe had to show improvement was fighting for his job......now it was all rumors and get in line?

For someone who says he is a straight shooter, he?s all over the place.

There is one reason to listen to Steve. That is to find out what the admins message is to you the fan.you know by listening to him what narrative our athletic department is pushing.

BogeyGolfer
12-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Basically said all the internet rumors were bs and nothing to them. Said Keenum and Cohen have this under control and it's time to get in line. Dont shoot the messenger

What else do you expect him to say? The issue is that the results on the field prove otherwise, they don't have jack-shit under control. Good luck beating a team with a pulse and lasting more than a quarter against the blue bloods.

coastratdog
12-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Can't stand the way the guy looks so I don't watch his stuff.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Under control? OK. Enough rhetoric, prove it on the field.

KOdawg1
12-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Rosey wants us to all file in a line and collectively stick our heads in the sand. All is well, don't question anything, support the coach even if he's incompetent in every sense of the word. "Joe is a good man." Yeah, so are a lot of people, but that doesn't make them good football coaches.

fishwater99
12-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Steve Robertson
51 mins
A few thoughts before we move on.

1. I will support every coach at Mississippi State as long as they’re at Mississippi State. I won’t agree with everything they do. At times they will make me angry and other times they will make me proud. As long as they’re one of ours, they will have my support.

2. The internet rumors on Thursday before the Battle for the Golden Egg were downright shameful. If you spread that nonsense, then shame on you. To think we would negotiate a buyout with a coach with a season defining game to play, on gameday no less, is simply ludicrous.

3. Rather than ask me what happened, go ask those folks who lied to you. I shared then that there was nothing to it, but the fire was already raging.

4. I’m tired of arguing with our own folks. I am for Mississippi State and everyone else who is for Mississippi State. We won’t always agree, but I hope we can respect each other enough as fellow Bulldogs to put our differences aside for the good of the program and University.

5. Joe Moorhead is our football coach. To root for him to fail is to root against Mississippi State. Who needs Rebels when our own folks are doing their job for them?

6. We have had some crazy things to deal with this year. We had a mess of a QB situation in large part due to injury. We had the Tutorgate deal that cost ten of our Bulldogs eight games. They made a terrible decision, but they are still our Bulldogs.

7. Garrett Shrader is the face of our program moving forward. There is no QB competition. There is no QB controversy. My hope is that we can all unite behind him and move forward.

8. Joe Moorhead is a fine man and a fine football coach. We haven’t posted the records we hoped to in his first two seasons. My hope is we can reach greater heights next season without the issues we had this year off of the field.

9. If you think for one second that Dr. Mark Keenum and John Cohen are asleep at the wheel when it comes to football, then you don’t know either one of them very well. I can assure you they want the Bulldogs to win on every front just as bad as we all do.

10. I am a Mississippi State Bulldog. I am proud to be a Mississippi State Bulldog. When people say bad things about Mississippi State, I feel it too. It stings me. I hope it stings you too.

There are many things for us to disagree about, but we all want Mississippi State to win. We all want Mississippi State to succeed academically and athletically. Let’s all try and remember that we share those common goals when we interact with each other. Even in times of adversity, we are family.

Hail State!

timotheus
12-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Is there any way we mite can play a team with a losing record in the upcoming bowl game. Tommy will be healthy by then won't he?

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 12:18 PM
2. The internet rumors on Thursday before the Battle for the Golden Egg were downright shameful. If you spread that nonsense, then shame on you. To think we would negotiate a buyout with a coach with a season defining game to play, on gameday no less, is simply ludicrous.

I’m amazed people are still acting like this was true and the egg bowl undid it all.

viverlibre
12-01-2019, 12:20 PM
He's right this time. If you can't accept there was no deal in place, then you can't accept reality.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Well he is not incorrect.

Yes, he is very much incorrect. No less an authority than Moorhead himself thought he was gone Thursday morning.

Coach34
12-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Yes, he is very much incorrect. No less an authority than Moorhead himself thought he was gone Thursday morning.

Yep. Some Boosters got out over their skis with the "done deal" stuff- but to act like we weren't posturing to possibly make a change is just flat out lying after the fact. Much like Auburn did with Tubberville back in the day. It's the old "If I never admit to it- it didn't happen"

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2019, 12:33 PM
What else do you expect him to say? The issue is that the results on the field prove otherwise, they don't have jack-shit under control. Good luck beating a team with a pulse and lasting more than a quarter against the blue bloods.

Here is my issue - for all those people that said it was a “done deal” either don’t know what a done deal is, or just tried to wish it into reality.

The deal is not done, if winning the egg bowl by 1 point can undo a deal. That is the point of being a done deal.

People should have said, if we lose he most likely is gone, if he wins he could be gone, but that is a more fluid decision.

Of course if you want to appear as if you are an insider, you try and pass off rumor as fact.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 12:33 PM
I refuse to believe those with knowledgeable insider info that they were here to lie to us. And I refuse to believe they were lied to prior to sharing what they were hearing. There's just no reason for said lies. No true MSU fan was watching the egg bowl thinking "I hope Schrader gets sacked or I hope Plumlee breaks a run for 30 yards" and I'd bet the farm there's not a single poster on ED (other than rebel trolls) that had that train of thought during the game.

Rumors are encouraged here and those sharing them should not be ashamed and I look forward to reading more in the future. Nothing shameful about wanting a coach bettern Joe.

Joe's a "fine football coach" ? what universe does someone hafta live in to come to THAT conclusion?

TimberBeast
12-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Can't stand the way the guy looks so I don't watch his stuff.

I agree with you on that

RoseHillDog
12-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Why wasn’t the AD and /or Administration given a press release, If the deal is done? Not doing so only raised more speculation.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 12:44 PM
This is just pure horseshit. Keenum told alumni point blank he was gone win or loss before the game.

Gutter Cobreh
12-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Steve Robertson
51 mins

1. I will support every coach at Mississippi State as long as they’re at Mississippi State. I won’t agree with everything they do. At times they will make me angry and other times they will make me proud. As long as they’re one of ours, they will have my support.

3. Rather than ask me what happened, go ask those folks who lied to you. I shared then that there was nothing to it, but the fire was already raging.

4. I’m tired of arguing with our own folks. I am for Mississippi State and everyone else who is for Mississippi State. We won’t always agree, but I hope we can respect each other enough as fellow Bulldogs to put our differences aside for the good of the program and University.

5. Joe Moorhead is our football coach. To root for him to fail is to root against Mississippi State. Who needs Rebels when our own folks are doing their job for them?

6. We have had some crazy things to deal with this year. We had a mess of a QB situation in large part due to injury. We had the Tutorgate deal that cost ten of our Bulldogs eight games. They made a terrible decision, but they are still our Bulldogs.

7. Garrett Shrader is the face of our program moving forward. There is no QB competition. There is no QB controversy. My hope is that we can all unite behind him and move forward.

8. Joe Moorhead is a fine man and a fine football coach. We haven’t posted the records we hoped to in his first two seasons. My hope is we can reach greater heights next season without the issues we had this year off of the field.

9. If you think for one second that Dr. Mark Keenum and John Cohen are asleep at the wheel when it comes to football, then you don’t know either one of them very well. I can assure you they want the Bulldogs to win on every front just as bad as we all do.

10. I am a Mississippi State Bulldog. I am proud to be a Mississippi State Bulldog. When people say bad things about Mississippi State, I feel it too. It stings me. I hope it stings you too.

There are many things for us to disagree about, but we all want Mississippi State to win. We all want Mississippi State to succeed academically and athletically. Let’s all try and remember that we share those common goals when we interact with each other. Even in times of adversity, we are family.

Hail State!

You forgot #11 - Please, please, please (with sugar on top) - go out and buy my new book. While I tell you how you should think in regards to MS State, I also need for you to financially support me by buying my book. For an extra $2, I'll be glad to sign and inscribe anything that you would like.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Yep. Some Boosters got out over their skis with the "done deal" stuff- but to act like we weren't posturing to possibly make a change is just flat out lying after the fact. Much like Auburn did with Tubberville back in the day. It's the old "If I never admit to it- it didn't happen"

This and it's why Cohen and Keenum are catching so much hell right now and they're going to continue catching it.

sandjunky
12-01-2019, 12:49 PM
The university still hasn’t said a word....just saying

RoseHillDog
12-01-2019, 12:53 PM
The university still hasn’t said a word....just saying

This

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Sounds like Rosie is performing damage control and also trying to get everyone from emailing Cohen/Keenum.

Coach34
12-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Of course if you want to appear as if you are an insider, you try and pass off rumor as fact.

When you get info from someone that has their name on a building- you tend to believe it. As I said- some people got out over their skis a little. The Booster split we have right now is not good for the school. That is something that needs to be fixed for us to maximize success

BeastMan
12-01-2019, 01:04 PM
When you get info from someone that has their name on a building- you tend to believe it. As I said- some people got out over their skis a little. The Booster split we have right now is not good for the school. That is something that needs to be fixed for us to maximize success

This. And people don’t realize that JoMo’s presser after the EB, and comments he made all season long for that matter, have split his support. We’re not talking rank and file guys like me. Guys that matter. We already are strapped for resources vs who we compete against and losing those guys in the trenches will hurt him badly. You’ll get your first preview of that split as this recruiting class rounds out.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Steve Robertson
51 mins

8. Joe Moorhead is a fine football coach.

This is the biggest lie of them all. Ruins any other points he tried to make in that post. He sounds like Yancy. I thought Steve was better than that.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 01:09 PM
This is the biggest lie of them all. Ruins any other points he tried to make in that post. He sounds like Yancy. I thought Steve was better than that.

Steve, like Yancy is a propagandist, not a journalist.

Yancy, however, will stick his neck out and tell you what he thinks, which results in making himself look like an idiot. Steve will clam up and say nothing, because he knows nothing, and then after the fact he will claim moral authority and preach at everyone about how wrong they were.

Dawgface
12-01-2019, 01:12 PM

Yancy, however, will stick his neck out and tell you what he thinks, which results in making himself look like an idiot. Steve will clam up and say nothing, because he knows nothing, and then after the fact he will claim moral authority and preach at everyone about how wrong they were.

You beat me to it. He is no different than Yancy as far as toting the party line. Murray too.

KOdawg1
12-01-2019, 01:12 PM
We make fun of Yancy but he and Steve are very similar

Coursesuper
12-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Rosey is a propaganda peddling hack, he only issues anything that has a stamp of approval. What a sanctimonious 17. For those of you that believe everything that guy writes remember *he?s selling something* that?s how the guy makes a living. So do yourself a favor and take it with a grain of salt, you can make up your own mind or you can blindly follow the rest of the herd, it?s up to you.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Here’s the scary thing to me.

The people that put Cohen in charge clearly have the power. That’s not a good thing.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Yes, you do.

Rex54
12-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Here’s the scary thing to me.

The people that put Cohen in charge clearly have the power. That’s not a good thing.

That’s why they can have their program until folks that want to succeed are in charge. Myself + 3 will be represented by a metal bleacher in 2020

MaroonFlounder
12-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Whoever perpetuated the narrative of he's gone regardless of Egg Bowl outcome, need their asses kicked unmercifully.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 01:46 PM
After all the horse shit Rosie fed us during fall camp he can kiss my ass. I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of his mouth.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 01:48 PM
After all the horse shit Rosie fed us during fall camp he can kiss my ass. I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of his mouth.

This. He's just a propaganda man plain and simple.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Yes, you do.

that's not necessary man. Coach 34's post seemed like a good post explaining what may have / prolly happened.

confucius say
12-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Which side of the booster split do you think Cohen and keenum were on?

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:54 PM
that's not necessary man. Coach 34's post seemed like a good post explaining what may have / prolly happened.

I was agreeing with him.

Pinto
12-01-2019, 02:07 PM

Any time the Egg Bowl is deemed a season defining game, you have bigger problems in your program. That game should never define who or where MSU is as a program. We must change that mentality at all costs!

MaroonFlounder
12-01-2019, 02:19 PM
This is just pure horseshit. Keenum told alumni point blank he was gone win or loss before the game.

Is there any way to prove this?

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 02:23 PM

Of course there is. It?s been posted here so someone is going to read it then text their buddy that he heard that Keenum said it. Then they are going to text their buddies then it?s going to come back here that multiple sources have confirmed it. A lot of smoke.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 02:32 PM

I mean I believed the guy when he said he had dinner with him and was told that. There's no way for me to prove it because no way Keenum admits that in public lmao. And it's not like you need to wear a wire to dinner with him. I'm just angry because it's what I was told before the game. My source is too for the record.

I didn't post it pregame because there was enough smoke pregame that it corroborated what I heard and I'm not a "proven sources" guy here, so no sense in throwing my hat in the ring with information that wasn't new. I'm just mad we were lied to by the top and hope people on this board understand that all these guys with sources were hearing from within the athletic department for real and not making bs up. They got lied to by Keenum and Cohen basically who emotionally decided that the Egg is all that matters.

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 02:39 PM
I mean I believed the guy when he said he had dinner with him and was told that. There's no way for me to prove it because no way Keenum admits that in public lmao. And it's not like you need to wear a wire to dinner with him. I'm just angry because it's what I was told before the game. My source is too for the record.

I didn't post it pregame because there was enough smoke pregame that it corroborated what I heard and I'm not a "proven sources" guy here, so no sense in throwing my hat in the ring with information that wasn't new. I'm just mad we were lied to by the top and hope people on this board understand that all these guys with sources were hearing from within the athletic department for real and not making bs up. They got lied to by Keenum and Cohen basically who emotionally decided that the Egg is all that matters.

How does your source feel about keenum now?

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2019, 02:40 PM

I will have to see a video of that conversation before I believe that happened. Keenum doesn't get to his position by speaking in absolutes. He isn't a sith lord.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 02:44 PM
I can't wait for Rosie to start blowing smoke next fall. He'll have the sheep believing Joe has turned it around.

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2019, 02:49 PM

Look, there is always a chance we can Moorhead after the bowl game. If the offense isn't clicking and the defense isn't clicking with a month to prepare, why not get rid of him. Moorhead needs to realize, that until he builds a shred of credit with the fanbase, he is coaching for his contract every snap, every delay of game, every practice, every planning session, every game until he builds up some faith. Mullen did it by making us competitive year 1 and getting us to a bowl year 2-8. Moorhead had a tough task because he came in with an 8 game win streak. His task was made even more difficult because he could have been the guy that took the next step with us as an athletic department. He is right, we didn't have the 85 bears, but we did have a very solid team that beat Louisville and Lamar Jackson in a bowl game with a skeleton coaching staff with zero head coaching experience. Sure it was probably mostly Sirmon, but still.

So as I have said the past 3 days now, Moorhead threw some shade at our bullshit rumor spatting fans. Those same fans have now clearly shown how thin skinned they are. Bad mouth a guy for 2 months, and can't deal with a little shade.....OK Boomer. Everyone knows we had it very bad from day one 2019. AS coach put it....Aurtry, Gay, and Murphy, those dudes are pretty good and change the mentality of the entire team. Allows people to play their position and not worry about the DL or LB doing their jobs.

So, spare me the rumors on coaching changes. If it happens, good. Lets get a great replacement. If it doesn't happen, good. Let's get to work changing how our team is managed. Simple.

Coursesuper
12-01-2019, 02:50 PM
I can't wait for Rosie to start blowing smoke next fall. He'll have the sheep believing Joe has turned it around.

It will start with recruiting, he will find another Guidry to pump, then to spring ball to sell it further, by summer it will be a full on propaganda assault.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 02:53 PM
How does your source feel about keenum now?

Like many others on this board has lost respect for him and Cohen.

And you give Keenum too much credit LM. Personally I think he didn't have the authority to fully get it done as there is still a contingent of the old guard MSU that "knows it's place". He thought it was a done deal but that Egg Bowl flipped some money guys whether we like it or not.

viverlibre
12-01-2019, 03:07 PM

So you directly got info from someone with his name on a building? I doubt those type people speculate on message board rumors, and they do not shoot their mouths off about done deals that aren't done deals. Now children, cousins, etc., of those type people may shoot their mouths off.

Political Hack
12-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Steve gets his stuff from the politicals. A lot of people here get their stuff from the people who pay the bills. Hence the different messages. Either way, the administration has botched this whole thing. Steve is acting like it's internet rumors when you've got journalist insisting somethings up because the administration won't issue a statement on it. That's pretty clear indicator that things were up in the air... but I would expect him to try to take a stab at the "I was the right the whole time" angle, even when it's not accurate. That's how he gets paid.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Steve gets his stuff from the politicals. A lot of people here get their stuff from the people who pay the bills. Hence the different messages. Either way, the administration has botched this whole thing. Steve is acting like it's internet rumors when you've got journalist insisting somethings up because the administration won't issue a statement on it. That's pretty clear indicator that things were up in the air... but I would expect him to try to take a stab at the "I was the right the whole time" angle, even when it's not accurate. That's how he gets paid.

100% Truth right here!

Guess ole Steve can sell a bunch more "rose bowl was right" shirts.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-01-2019, 04:10 PM
If Rosebowl says 2+2=5, everybody says he doesn't know what he's talking about. But when he tells you that 2+2=4, y'all still say he is wrong. Rosebowl has certainly missed some, but in this case he was proven correct and all the elitedawgs rumors were bullcrap. I swear it's okay to admit it. Moorhead was never being fired at 6-6 and there was no buyout happening before the Egg Bowl. Just admit it.

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 04:12 PM

There is a big difference between things were up in the air and 100% take it to the bank Moorhead is dead and the Egg Bowl don’t matter. Not only that but we’ve already negotiated a buy out, it will even be announced at the presser if we win and Friday if we lose. To add to all of it we got our guy lined up!

If y’all had gone with things are up in the air but it looks like Joe is probably done this thing wouldn’t have gotten so out of control on here.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 04:21 PM
So I guess folks like me are to assume Joe was gonna be kept no matter what but bullshit was leaked out to lead the masses into believing we were actually looking to improve our situation and that other things including money and what not prevented us from making the needed change.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 04:26 PM
If Rosebowl says 2+2=5, everybody says he doesn't know what he's talking about. But when he tells you that 2+2=4, y'all still say he is wrong. Rosebowl has certainly missed some, but in this case he was proven correct and all the elitedawgs rumors were bullcrap. I swear it's okay to admit it. Moorhead was never being fired at 6-6 and there was no buyout happening before the Egg Bowl. Just admit it.

You're speaking in absolutes. It's possible that the rumors weren't "bullcrap" AND Jomo was ultimately retained. But Rosebowl can't spout being right about anything. He didn't take a stand on anything. He was radio silent until his tweet yesterday.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 04:27 PM

Or how about if you get info from some of the top sports media people who ask your how you know so much about it. Because they ask you to give details first and then corroborate them and then they reply with additional information that was posted here?

Bottom line is SloMo was gone with a loss and/or piss poor performance in a win. The win was a piss poor performance and damn near a loss. Our brass didn’t hold their ground and folded like lawn chairs. SloMo went against his initial word and threw a temper tantrum after the game and backed out of verbal agreement.

The stories were written for the firing. I guess all those people had dumbfounded rumors as well. Damn some people will believe anything that the mouthpieces spew. Hey, any Gene or Rosey believers, I have a few dozen bridges for sale. Real cheap. PM me.

Eta. Not directed at you C34. Just piggybacking on your comment.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-01-2019, 04:33 PM
You're speaking in absolutes. It's possible that the rumors weren't "bullcrap" AND Jomo was ultimately retained. But Rosebowl can't spout being right about anything. He didn't take a stand on anything. He was radio silent until his tweet yesterday.

Fair enough. I talked to 5 huge boosters that would be involved. One has his name on an athletic building, and another has his name on an athletic facility and is a big donor on an academic building under construction. They ABSOLUTELY all thought the rumors were hilarious and bull crap. So there is my absolute. All 5 are on the 47-seat MSU Foundation.

Rex54
12-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Fair enough. I talked to 5 huge boosters that would be involved. One has his name on an athletic building, and another has his name on an athletic facility and is a big donor on an academic building under construction. They ABSOLUTELY all thought the rumors were hilarious and bull crap. So there is my absolute. All 5 are on the 47-seat MSU Foundation.

So you know some Virginia Slims. What’s hilarious and bull crap is their impact on a successful football program.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 04:52 PM
I know i talked to people I know personally that are large donors and I talked to people on here and all the stories were matching up (only caveat was some said he would survive if he beat unm). Same people that told me we were hiring Howland, Cann, Cohen to AD, Moorhead hire, etc. so the info has been pretty dang solid. There's a lot of folks still shaking there head. It happens sometimes. Now there's work to be done mending the fences between admin and boosters for the good of MSU.

maroonmania
12-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Or how about if you get info from some of the top sports media people who ask your how you know so much about it. Because they ask you to give details first and then corroborate them and then they reply with additional information that was posted here?

Bottom line is SloMo was gone with a loss and/or piss poor performance in a win. The win was a piss poor performance and damn near a loss. Our brass didn?t hold their ground and folded like lawn chairs. SloMo went against his initial word and threw a temper tantrum after the game and backed out of verbal agreement.

The stories were written for the firing. I guess all those people had dumbfounded rumors as well. Damn some people will believe anything that the mouthpieces spew. Hey, any Gene or Rosey believers, I have a few dozen bridges for sale. Real cheap. PM me.

Eta. Not directed at you C34. Just piggybacking on your comment.

I agree with what you are saying except I highly doubt, based on what happened, that Joe agreed to any bargain buyout or possibly any buyout even if he won the Egg Bowl. The fact that he found out there was an ongoing attempt to buy him out or get rid of him even with the win seemed to be what blew everything up. I find it hard to believe that Joe would agree to go quietly into the night, win or lose, and then the emotion of the moment caused him to totally change his mind and spew that bitterness at the post-game presser. Especially if he really doesn't want to be in Starkville to begin with like many claim.

Coursesuper
12-01-2019, 05:14 PM
I know i talked to people I know personally that are large donors and I talked to people on here and all the stories were matching up (only caveat was some said he would survive if he beat unm). Same people that told me we were hiring Howland, Cann, Cohen to AD, Moorhead hire, etc. so the info has been pretty dang solid. There's a lot of folks still shaking there head. It happens sometimes. Now there's work to be done mending the fences between admin and boosters for the good of MSU.

This couldn?t be stated any better. It?s like some of y?all think guys would just get info from one person and run here and spout it. Most will cross check and even PM others to see if have the same info. You?d think some here think guys exist to destroy MSU when that?s the exact opposite. But 17 it now, it supposed to be fun but now it?s all just tiresome y?all have at it.

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 05:19 PM
This couldn?t be stated any better. It?s like some of y?all think guys would just get info from one person and run here and spout it. Most will cross check and even PM others to see if have the same info. You?d think some here think guys exist to destroy MSU when that?s the exact opposite. But 17 it now, it supposed to be fun but now it?s all just tiresome y?all have at it.

I don’t think anyone here is out to destroy MSU. I do think people like to be internet celebrities and in the know. My question is, if you have all these great connections and know the inner workings of high level negotiations, why do you feel the need to run to a message board to tell the general public? Sometimes it’s best to keep your mouth shut instead of acting like this is a women’s sewing circle.

shannondawg
12-01-2019, 05:22 PM
I'm with him.

Steve Robertson
51 mins

1. I will support every coach at Mississippi State as long as they?re at Mississippi State. I won?t agree with everything they do. At times they will make me angry and other times they will make me proud. As long as they?re one of ours, they will have my support.

4. I?m tired of arguing with our own folks. I am for Mississippi State and everyone else who is for Mississippi State. We won?t always agree, but I hope we can respect each other enough as fellow Bulldogs to put our differences aside for the good of the program and University.

8. Joe Moorhead is a fine man and a fine football coach. We haven?t posted the records we hoped to in his first two seasons. My hope is we can reach greater heights next season without the issues we had this year off of the field.

9. If you think for one second that Dr. Mark Keenum and John Cohen are asleep at the wheel when it comes to football, then you don?t know either one of them very well. I can assure you they want the Bulldogs to win on every front just as bad as we all do.

There are many things for us to disagree about, but we all want Mississippi State to win. We all want Mississippi State to succeed academically and athletically. Let?s all try and remember that we share those common goals when we interact with each other. Even in times of adversity, we are family.

Hail State!

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 05:27 PM
I agree with what you are saying except I highly doubt, based on what happened, that Joe agreed to any bargain buyout or possibly any buyout even if he won the Egg Bowl. The fact that he found out there was an ongoing attempt to buy him out or get rid of him even with the win seemed to be what blew everything up. I find it hard to believe that Joe would agree to go quietly into the night, win or lose, and then the emotion of the moment caused him to totally change his mind and spew that bitterness at the post-game presser. Especially if he really doesn't want to be in Starkville to begin with like many claim.

My guess is part of the problem with that was we had a verbal agreement and nothing set in stone. I wouldn't have been surprised had he acted the same way had we lost to Ole Miss.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 05:41 PM
I'm with him.

I am too.

Coach34
12-01-2019, 05:45 PM
So you directly got info from someone with his name on a building? I doubt those type people speculate on message board rumors, and they do not shoot their mouths off about done deals that aren't done deals. Now children, cousins, etc., of those type people may shoot their mouths off.

Those people tell their sons what?s going on- and friends of their sons hear what?s going on. This is not a hard concept to understand. Just because Mickey Holliman or a Seal didn?t tell me something directly to my face- doesn?t mean they won?t tell a family member what is going on. I know people and it has helped me in life. I?ve never claimed to be directly connected to the Big Boys

basedog
12-01-2019, 05:56 PM
I don’t see why u guys are upset what Rosebowl said. I don’t agree with everything he said but I ain’t made either. He gets paid to say those things so take with a grain of salt.

It’s not as bad asking fans to boycott or hope MSU gets beat.

After all it’s a message board, anything goes and opinions are all over the place v

Coach34
12-01-2019, 06:07 PM

This

Rick Cleveland- possibly the top journalist in Mississippi today- asked Cohen about Moorhead remaining coach Thursday night? And Cohen would not respond. Coleman asked Cohen also. If all this was bullshit- why did it take Cohen 2 days to leak our Moorhead is back thru Rosebowl? If nothing was going on- all Cohen had to do was tell Cleveland "Joe is our guy". He didn't do that. Hell, when the shit was getting bad for Boom at SC and Luke at OM- their AD's jumped out and backed their coaches. Cohen didn't

You are a moron if you don't think we were a thread from firing our HC Thursday

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 06:16 PM
I don’t see why u guys are upset what Rosebowl said. I don’t agree with everything he said but I ain’t made either. He gets paid to say those things so take with a grain of salt.

It’s not as bad asking fans to boycott or hope MSU gets beat.

After all it’s a message board, anything goes and opinions are all over the place v

I’m upset at the message not Rosebowl personally.

Churchill
12-01-2019, 06:16 PM

Keenum told my guy the same thing.

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Keenum told my guy a good showing in the Egg Bowl and Joe would be safe.

viverlibre
12-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Those people tell their sons what?s going on- and friends of their sons hear what?s going on. This is not a hard concept to understand. Just because Mickey Holliman or a Seal didn?t tell me something directly to my face- doesn?t mean they won?t tell a family member what is going on. I know people and it has helped me in life. I?ve never claimed to be directly connected to the Big Boys

It shouldn't be hard to understand that second hand (and more than likely 3rd or 4th is what people were/are getting) is not reliable in this and (almost every other) situation.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-01-2019, 06:26 PM

So ?f Mickey didn't tell you, which kid did? Paige, Brandy, skipper?

timotheus
12-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Yep and this just further helps me to understand that the 4 hour meeting held yesterday was a flat out doozie. Keenum and Cohen both are just hopin for the best.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 06:33 PM
The information disseminated on this board has been right more often than it's been wrong.

Coach34
12-01-2019, 06:36 PM
It shouldn't be hard to understand that second hand (and more than likely 3rd or 4th is what people were/are getting) is not reliable in this and (almost every other) situation.

It shouldn't be hard to understand that information from the son of a huge donor should be pretty accurate. It has been the last 15 years.

gtowndawg
12-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Something was about to go down, I?ve been posting on State boards for 21 years (yes, really). When there?s that much smoke something is going on. Joe was pissed for a reason, he thought he was getting canned. If he didn?t think so he wouldn?t have gone on his childish rant. As others have said, Cohen would not respond to national media asking him what?s up. They did a 3 minute video of the egg bowl roughly 12 hours before the news came out he was being retained yet wouldn?t show a single frame of Joe? If you guys think that doesn?t mean anything I?m not sure what to tell you. I do that type of work for a living and that?s not an oversight, it was a clear directive in the editing bay. I?m waiting to see if Cohen and Joe can somehow repair this with me, my family and my friends, all of whom are pissed. Not most, all. In the meantime I?ll be kicking rocks since the administration and coach obviously could care less what fans think.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Something was about to go down, I?ve been posting on State boards for 21 years (yes, really). When there?s that much smoke something is going on. Joe was pissed for a reason, he thought he was getting canned. If he didn?t think so he wouldn?t have gone on his childish rant. As others have said, Cohen would not respond to national media asking him what?s up. They did a 3 minute video of the egg bowl roughly 12 hours before the news came out he was being retained yet wouldn?t show a single frame of Joe? If you guys think that doesn?t mean anything I?m not sure what to tell you. I do that type of work for a living and that?s not an oversight, it was a clear directive in the editing bay. I?m waiting to see if Cohen and Joe can somehow repair this with me, my family and my friends, all of whom are pissed. Not most, all. In the meantime I?ll be kicking rocks since the administration and coach obviously could care less what fans think.

This guy gets it!

BeardoMSU
12-01-2019, 06:43 PM
It shouldn't be hard to understand that information from the son of a huge donor should be pretty accurate. It has been the last 15 years.

Like the new sig, 34.

Spiderman
12-01-2019, 06:56 PM
First he said Joe was definitely back.... then he said Joe had to show improvement was fighting for his job......now it was all rumors and get in line?

For someone who says he is a straight shooter, he?s all over the place.

There is one reason to listen to Steve. That is to find out what the admins message is to you the fan.you know by listening to him what narrative our athletic department is pushing.

Yep

Spiderman
12-01-2019, 06:58 PM

What alumni?

Spiderman
12-01-2019, 07:02 PM

He claimed this summer rumors of suspensions were all BS. Then when they were announced, said he knew it was coming. He's no more connected on the absolute inside than anyone else. In fact less so because others knew it before he did. He got caught on that one.

Spiderman
12-01-2019, 07:03 PM
We make fun of Yancy but he and Steve are very similar

I'm not Rosebowl defender, but in his defense, he doesn't just make shit up like Yancy.

Political Hack
12-01-2019, 07:07 PM
There is a big difference between things were up in the air and 100% take it to the bank Moorhead is dead and the Egg Bowl don?t matter. Not only that but we?ve already negotiated a buy out, it will even be announced at the presser if we win and Friday if we lose. To add to all of it we got our guy lined up!

If y?all had gone with things are up in the air but it looks like Joe is probably done this thing wouldn?t have gotten so out of control on here.

1) When did I say take anything to the bank?

2) there's about 15,000+ users here, so I'm not really sure who "y'all" is... but the elitedawgs username has not posted anything of the sort.

3) you can go pay for misinformation if you like, or read here for free and get better info. Choice is yours.

Spiderman
12-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Keenum told my guy a good showing in the Egg Bowl and Joe would be safe.

Well, I've been a 5 figure a year donor for over 20 years and Cohen nor Keenum told me shit either way. So I'm feeling neglected.

Seriously, if Joe won the Egg, he was safe. Right or wrong, not matter what we think, that was it. And so far been proven true.

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 07:35 PM
1) When did I say take anything to the bank?

2) there's about 15,000+ users here, so I'm not really sure who "y'all" is... but the elitedawgs username has not posted anything of the sort.

3) you can go pay for misinformation if you like, or read here for free and get better info. Choice is yours.

You were taking up for the collective rumor mongering so I used y’all to address the collective rumor mongering. Don’t recall if you had a take on the situation or not.

I’m also not taking up for Steve. He is an idiot. I usually enjoy a good rumor but this never passed the smell test.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 07:35 PM
He claimed this summer rumors of suspensions were all BS. Then when they were announced, said he knew it was coming. He's no more connected on the absolute inside than anyone else. In fact less so because others knew it before he did. He got caught on that one.

He's also not going to run with anything negative, or even offer opinion on something negative, unless it is fed to him. He is not a journalist. He's an MSU mouthpiece, and he wants to continue to be, so he's not going to do anything to piss off someone in the athletic office.

TALL DAWG
12-01-2019, 08:59 PM

If anyone shoots the messenger, please use #9 shot and a full choke
to knock as much of his silly looking hair off his head. Does he not
know how silly it looks? Good grief! And, he is supposed to be the
mouth piece for MSU? Well, ok then**

shrimp
12-01-2019, 09:05 PM
This. He's just a propaganda man plain and simple.

Yep. He?s more concerned about selling books and shirts than anything else.

Political Hack
12-01-2019, 11:40 PM
You were taking up for the collective rumor mongering so I used y’all to address the collective rumor mongering. Don’t recall if you had a take on the situation or not.

I’m also not taking up for Steve. He is an idiot. I usually enjoy a good rumor but this never passed the smell test.

There was a push to get him out, but it got blocked. Simple as that.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 11:46 PM

That's pretty obvious. My question is if it was Cohen acting on his own or boosters and Cohen.

ScottH
12-01-2019, 11:50 PM
I've been a 5 figure a year donor for over 20 years

I'll quote my brother in law......in retrospect, not the best use of the money.

defiantdog
12-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Why? MSU is the reason I'm successful in my career. I have a kid going there and two more will follow suit. There are some people out there that like to give back and support the University that made them successful.

Spiderman
12-02-2019, 12:04 AM

not at all. but was fun for a fewyears

CadaverDawg
12-02-2019, 12:50 AM

First off, I sincerely thank you for your info. I have much respect for you as a poster. Just want to preface what I'm about to say....

With that being said, your post worries the shit out of me. Why? Because I'm worried our Foundation folks might be dumbasses. Instead of laughing, they may should have been wondering why everybody was so excited about the possibility of Joe's sorry ass leaving town, and then helping make sure it happens. Influential people Laughing about it as the football program tanks, is concerning as shit to me.

Todd4State
12-02-2019, 01:19 AM
First off, I sincerely thank you for your info. I have much respect for you as a poster. Just want to preface what I'm about to say....

With that being said, your post worries the shit out of me. Why? Because I'm worried our Foundation folks might be dumbasses. Instead of laughing, they may should have been wondering why everybody was so excited about the possibility of Joe's sorry ass leaving town, and then helping make sure it happens. Influential people Laughing about it as the football program tanks, is concerning as shit to me.

I wonder if they were laughing before or after Joe's postgame tirade?

Gordon Gekko
12-02-2019, 07:43 AM

That’s what’s being said now and I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. There was a lot more fanciful stuff being thrown out with a lot of certainty though.

trojandawg
12-02-2019, 08:14 AM
The only thing rosebowl has done of note was get Hugh freeze fired with the help of Mars. Other than that all he is good for is selling his book and telling you about backyard burger. The rest of his stuff is just propaganda just like his best buddy yancy that he bashes for the same shit he does. As far as his ?gauntlet? more propaganda bs. He can shove it.

Doggie_Style
12-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Yea I called him, Gene and Paul out for carrying the water for the administration and he deleted my post...I have lost all respect for his weird ass.

Dawg2003
12-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Rosey himself said on The Boneyard that it was possible we had been putting out feelers to other coaches to gauge interest. This was last week. He was fanning the flames himself and now wants to back track.

JoseBrown
12-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Rosebowl coming up on Bounds y'all show.

gtowndawg
12-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Rosey himself said on The Boneyard that it was possible we had been putting out feelers to other coaches to gauge interest. This was last week. He was fanning the flames himself and now wants to back track.

Exactly!

Coursesuper
12-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Rosebowl coming up on Bounds y'all show.

Well?

JoseBrown
12-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Well?

Basically company line, but said we may have checked interest with some guys in case we were embarrassed in EB. Hill is 50/50 he thinks, Cam gone, Gay will check his status but prolly back.

Coursesuper
12-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Basically company line, but said we may have checked interest with some guys in case we were embarrassed in EB. Hill is 50/50 he thinks, Cam gone, Gay will check his status but prolly back.

Not surprised in the least, thought it would be more rah rah.