PDA

View Full Version : The people who fell for the "it's a done deal, we have our man" missed this

viverlibre
12-01-2019, 11:31 AM
With a huge HC job open, at least one mid-tier job open and several openings looming, no agent would let his client enter into any deal until several dominos fell. Any coach worth his salt (with the lone exception of Hud) is going to wait to see how all the open jobs are filled, before committing to a MSU level job.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 11:32 AM
What top tier job opening do you think Napier will be considered for?

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Thus why I still have a little hope. All the talks with agents form schools looking for coaches are happening now. I know I'm grasping, but oh well.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 11:38 AM
There is still a possibility Joe is only here to keep the recruiting class from falling apart. He stil can be let go or move on to another job. Nothing is ever official. Things change. Once signed those recruits can get out of the LOI but not before the new coach takes a crack at recruiting them to stay for him. Crazier things have happened.

BeastMan
12-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Disagree. We aren’t pulling from that top tier of P5 coaches. We’re a top 20 paying job out of 120 FBS teams. We could absolutely pull a G5 coach immediately

fishwater99
12-01-2019, 11:50 AM
There is still a possibility Joe is only here to keep the recruiting class from falling apart. He stil can be let go or move on to another job. Nothing is ever official. Things change. Once signed those recruits can get out of the LOI but not before the new coach takes a crack at recruiting them to stay for him. Crazier things have happened.

Ya'll need to give it up, Joe is here for 2 more years.

viverlibre
12-01-2019, 12:15 PM
What top tier job opening do you think Napier will be considered for?

For every one who moves up, there's another open position for an agent to use in negotiating. Napier may not be a candidate for the FSU job, but if a current mid-tier coach gets the FSU job, that may create another opening that his agent can use as leverage. Agents play chess, not checkers.

Hud is the only coach who would agree to be MSU's HC without seeing where the dominos fell.

viverlibre
12-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Disagree. We aren’t pulling from that top tier of P5 coaches. We’re a top 20 paying job out of 120 FBS teams. We could absolutely pull a G5 coach immediately

No, agents are going to ensure coaches maximize their value. Hud would have been the only coach who would have jumped without caring about such matters.

Thick
12-01-2019, 12:18 PM
With a huge HC job open, at least one mid-tier job open and several openings looming, no agent would let his client enter into any deal until several dominos fell. Any coach worth his salt (with the lone exception of Hud) is going to wait to see how all the open jobs are filled, before committing to a MSU level job.

I was told it was a done deal with an unemployed former SEC HC. You can figure it out, but no way in hell I was leaking that name.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Yep. I'm already checking cruises for next fall.

DLGDawg
12-01-2019, 01:03 PM
I was told it was a done deal with an unemployed former SEC HC. You can figure it out, but no way in hell I was leaking that name.

Listening to Chizik talking about coaching hires(don?t remember when) It seemed like he was talking straight to our administration

timotheus
12-01-2019, 01:21 PM
If joe goes 4-8 and loses to the non binary sharks, he mite go away but I figure he's got 2 more seasons at a minimum now to continue to entertain us.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 01:40 PM

Well hell, he's BFFs with Cohen. He's safe as a kitten in cotton. I have no doubt he gets two more years. In fact Joe will be here as long as he want to be here. Him leaving for another job is the only way he's leaving Starkville. And the nine years Mullen spent making us a respectable program will be for nothing.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Well hell, he's BFFs with Cohen. He's safe as a kitten in cotton. I have no doubt he gets two more years. In fact Joe will be here as long as he want to be here. Him leaving for another job is the only way he's leaving Starkville. And the nine years Mullen spent making us a respectable program will be for nothing.

Y’all need to stop with the bffs BS. You don’t talk about your best friend like Cohen was talking on the sidelines Thursday night.

viverlibre
12-01-2019, 02:54 PM

So, you personally were told by a former SEC HC? Sorry, not buying it. You may have that on second or third (or likely more) hand information.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 02:58 PM
So, you personally were told by a former SEC HC? Sorry, not buying it. You may have that on second or third (or likely more) hand information.

I don't think he was saying that. I think he was saying someone informed him it was cheese dick.

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Y’all need to stop with the bffs BS. You don’t talk about your best friend like Cohen was talking on the sidelines Thursday night.

LOL! If Cohen was that pissed off he would have bucked up to the pro-Joe boosters. Intense Bastard is a collared dog with a short leash held by the most spineless of the old guard boosters. We're stuck with Joe's ass for two years now. He ain't going anywhere next year. Enjoy abject mediocrity.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Going to make assumptions based on what Thick has said in the past and he knows this coach really well.

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 03:02 PM
LOL! If Cohen was that pissed off he would have bucked up to the pro-Joe boosters. Intense Bastard is a collared dog with a short leash held by the most spineless of the old guard boosters. We're stuck with Joe's ass for two years now. He ain't going anywhere next year. Enjoy abject mediocrity.

What’s he supposed to do? Cuss them like they’re a bad ump until they cut a buy out check?

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 03:06 PM
What’s he supposed to do? Cuss them like they’re a bad ump until they cut a buy out check?

Cohen likes Joe. He didn't put up a fight. I'd bet a kidney on it.

Dawgology
12-01-2019, 03:07 PM
The only way Joe is fired is if he loses to old piss. It?s literally the only thing the spineless, old guard cares about

Thick
12-01-2019, 03:35 PM
I don't think he was saying that. I think he was saying someone informed him it was cheese dick.

Yes that?s correct!