PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna let you all know a little secret!

shannondawg
12-01-2019, 11:06 AM
I'm so damm old, I can actually remember people being happy that we beat that ole miss ass, and twice as happy to do it two years in a row.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Happy we beat Ole Miss. Sad that our administration has made it the only qualification for the job.

#NoMoorCohen

cheewgumm
12-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Times have changed drastically !!!

This is the problem.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 11:17 AM
I'm so damm old, I can actually remember people being happy that we beat that ole miss ass, and twice as happy to do it two years in a row.

We have to start thinking bigger. We are better than Ole Miss in every measurable way and it's time to start acting like it. We should beat them every year, but our goals should be much higher than that.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Times have changed drastically !!!

This is the problem.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not totally on Moorhead's side. He has to clean some things up if he wants to survive here as the head coach.

However,

I am not sure where our fans got this sense of entitlement. We always need to strive to get better, but this entire board acts like we have been dominating the SEC for a decade or something.

Dan Mullen in 9 seasons finished 4th or 5th in the SEC west 8 out of 9 times with the only exception being the 2014 season when we finished 2nd.

Maybe it's because we went to #1 that year, but let's be honest, that was fool's gold. We beat 3 overrated teams in a row and shot up the rankings. Mullen once again failed to get it done on the highest levels. Mullen flat out under achieved with the 2014 team. That team had the current starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys along with Chris Jones, Preston Smith, Will Redmond, and Benardrick McKinney. We want to talk about Joe Wasting a defense with 3 first rounders? How about Mullen wasting a defense with 3 NFL pro bowlers.

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I am not totally on Moorhead's side. He has to clean some things up if he wants to survive here as the head coach.

However,

I am not sure where our fans got this sense of entitlement. We always need to strive to get better, but this entire board acts like we have been dominating the SEC for a decade or something.

Dan Mullen in 9 seasons finished 4th or 5th in the SEC west 8 out of 9 times with the only exception being the 2014 season when we finished 2nd.

Maybe it's because we went to #1 that year, but let's be honest, that was fool's gold. We beat 3 overrated teams in a row and shot up the rankings. Mullen once again failed to get it done on the highest levels. Mullen flat out under achieved with the 2014 team. That team had the current starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys along with Chris Jones, Preston Smith, Will Redmond, and Benardrick McKinney. We want to talk about Joe Wasting a defense with 3 first rounders? How about Mullen wasting a defense with 3 NFL pro bowlers.

The only thing your post did was point out how much you don't understand what we all want. We wanted better than what Mullen did here. Most of us knew that Dan did a good job, but he didn't do a great job. He elevated the program a step or 2 on the ladder. We were fully expecting to take that next step. Moorehead walked into a team that every fanbase in the SEC and every media outlet expected to win 10 games. He coached us down to 8-5. He then took a team that should have easily went 8-4 or 7-5 at the absolute worst, and coached it down.

Really Clark?
12-01-2019, 11:37 AM

However,

Bruce, you have to understand that a lot of the vision of an improved football program goes all the way back to what Byrne envisioned. We had to establish a decade of relevance and building a foundation that goes beyond just wins and losses as well. That is about what Mullen did. The concern, even discussed way back win was continuity with subsequent coaching hires and elevating the floor every 4 to 5 years. Which is also what Mullen did. Not that we won?t have down cycles but not looking at a down cycle as a win when it?s just about winning the EB. Yes we are ecstatic to win it but it can?t continue to be the only measuring point

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 11:42 AM
The only thing your post did was point out how much you don't understand what we all want. We wanted better than what Mullen did here. Most of us knew that Dan did a good job, but he didn't do a great job. He elevated the program a step or 2 on the ladder. We were fully expecting to take that next step. Moorehead walked into a team that every fanbase in the SEC and every media outlet expected to win 10 games. He coached us down to 8-5. He then took a team that should have easily went 8-4 or 7-5 at the absolute worst, and coached it down.

I fully understand what everyone wants, it simply doesn't happen that fast.

I don't disagree that these teams have under performed to a degree, but most of the fans act as if the guy has completely tanked the program. He Hasn't.

Also, a big part of the hype around the 2018 team was "The best Juco WR in the country" coming in to play. Well in hindsight Guidry has been awful. Maybe the biggest bust I can remember at MSU. The 2018 team was a carbon copy of the 2017 team that won 8 games.

Hambone
12-01-2019, 11:47 AM
We are the 6 or 7 rated friend that believes they are the 10......

Simple as that

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Bruce, you have to understand that a lot of the vision of an improved football program goes all the way back to what Byrne envisioned. We had to establish a decade of relevance and building a foundation that goes beyond just wins and losses as well. That is about what Mullen did. The concern, even discussed way back win was continuity with subsequent coaching hires and elevating the floor every 4 to 5 years. Which is also what Mullen did. Not that we won?t have down cycles but not looking at a down cycle as a win when it?s just about winning the EB. Yes we are ecstatic to win it but it can?t continue to be the only measuring point

I am fully on board with putting less emphasis on the Egg Bowl. For year's I have thought the MSU fan base has tied their self esteem to OM in some ways. We have to stop that if we want to move on. After the Florida loss last year, there were people outside the stadium cheering that Alabama was stomping OM. Who the 17 cares, seriously.

AROB44
12-01-2019, 11:50 AM
We have to start thinking bigger. We are better than Ole Miss in every measurable way and it's time to start acting like it. We should beat them every year, but our goals should be much higher than that.

Talk about delusional....

BhamDawg205
12-01-2019, 11:56 AM

However,

My biggest gripe is how he nutted up in big game, especially Alabama. Second biggest job shopping instead of game planning. But Mullen did set the floor and expectations for MSU. But now we're being as to settle for less.

Majority of us want a competent product on the field in all 4 phases... S&C, special teams, offense, and defense. 3 leave a lot to be desired. And probably about 70% of us don't believe Joe and company haven't shown the capacity to.

Many didn't think Joe was up for job after last year, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. And I was hoping last year was an anomaly, but seems to be the norm.

coastratdog
12-01-2019, 11:56 AM
It's not that we finished 6-6 what I'm upset about. It's the entire season. The way we barely won games, lost to mediocre teams and got blown out by others. It's the entire season of missed tackles, confused O Linemen, receivers dropping passes and a general disorganized game day coaching staff. A change needed to be made. It's not going to be better.

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 11:59 AM
We are the 6 or 7 rated friend that believes with hard work, they can become an 8 or 8-1/2

Simple as that

FIFY

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 12:03 PM
We are the 6 or 7 rated friend that believes they are the 10......

Simple as that

Right now, I agree with you. But it doesn't mean we can never get there, but it takes time and good decision making. Firing a coach after 2 seasons is not a good decision. Look how Clemson did it. They did it by steadily improving in recruiting, and having stability in the program.

cheewgumm
12-01-2019, 12:05 PM
If we had kept Croom that would have been ultimate stability.

Just keeping any coach for stability?s sake is not smart.

Dawgology
12-01-2019, 12:05 PM

However,

It’s not entitlement it’s expectations. The fact that you can’t make that distinction says everything I need to know about you. Go settle.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 12:09 PM
If we had kept Croom that would have been ultimate stability.

Just keeping any coach for stability?s sake is not smart.

Croom has his chance. 5 seasons is enough time to show some strides. We were getting worse. 2 seasons is not enough.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 12:17 PM
It’s not entitlement it’s expectations. The fact that you can’t make that distinction says everything I need to know about you. Go settle.

Imagine you run 5K's. Your average time for the last 10 5Ks has been 24 minutes, but on your 11th 5K you are super pissed at yourself because you didn't run it in 16 flat and beat the leaders. I would say your expectations are unrealistic. Does it mean you can never get there? Of course not, but it takes some time.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 12:20 PM
It's not that we finished 6-6 what I'm upset about. It's the entire season. The way we barely won games, lost to mediocre teams and got blown out by others. It's the entire season of missed tackles, confused O Linemen, receivers dropping passes and a general disorganized game day coaching staff. A change needed to be made. It's not going to be better.

this. You gotta look at the big, overall picture. Other than the egg bowl flops due to job shopping (which are WAY unacceptable) and the occasional bad showings at South Alabama & UMASS, overall Mullen fielded tough teams and maximized the talent pool that was available for a program like MSU. You just can't say that JOMO is coming anywhere NEAR that. "back to back bowls and egg bowl wins" be damned.

Different times dictate different obstacles and opportunities. Due to the H.S. talent that's available these days, we can consistently croot in the mid 20's and there's no reason for our fan base to expect teams not in the top 20's. We made the wrong hire with JOMO. And to think he deserves another year to "get things right" doesn't line up logically. You don't all of a sudden change your mind due to egg bowl luck against a 4-7 team. We've progressed beyond that due to the potential we've seen in the recent past. .

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 12:29 PM
this. You gotta look at the big, overall picture. Other than the egg bowl flops due to job shopping (which are WAY unacceptable) and the occasional bad showings at South Alabama & UMASS, overall Mullen fielded tough teams and maximized the talent pool that was available for a program like MSU. You just can't say that JOMO is coming anywhere NEAR that. "back to back bowls and egg bowl wins" be damned.

Different times dictate different obstacles and opportunities. Due to the H.S. talent that's available these days, we can consistently croot in the mid 20's and there's no reason for our fan base to expect teams not in the top 20's. We made the wrong hire with JOMO. And to think he deserves another year to "get things right" doesn't line up logically. You don't all of a sudden change your mind due to egg bowl luck against a 4-7 team. We've progressed beyond that due to the potential we've seen in the recent past. .

The Egg Bowl didn't change my mind. I wanted to keep him no matter how the EB ended up. If we continue to trend down, I will be more on board to part ways next season. Everyone who thinks they have a crystal ball don't know a thing.

tcdog70
12-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Right now, I agree with you. But it doesn't mean we can never get there, but it takes time and good decision making. Firing a coach after 2 seasons is not a good decision. Look how Clemson did it. They did it by steadily improving in recruiting, and having stability in the program.

Clemson didn't do it in the SEC West. Just the ***** ACC

parabrave
12-01-2019, 12:30 PM

and don't forget the Well it will take time to build this program, like this place was a dumpster fire when he took it over.

TimberBeast
12-01-2019, 12:32 PM
I?m actually very unhappy that we beat ole miss this year. If the result of that game means we keep Moorhead I would way rather have lost it.

maroonmania
12-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Yep, beat that OM ass good on a missed extra point. Very glad we won the game, not happy that it was a struggle to do so. Do some MSU fans not realize how bad OM is? how bad Arkansas is? Only P5 team we beat this year that is halfway decent the whole season is KY and that isn't saying a whole lot there. OM will not be this bad for long as they are starting to recover from sanctions. Joe will be back and I will give him one more shot to see that he can actually start improving our program rather than letting it continue to slide downward into the bottom level of the SEC. He needs to start owning up to where the program has shortcomings though and fix them rather than acting like he has been doing a great job and its just the fans that have some kind of unreal expectations. Would be nice just to be able to at least see us not look like a joke of a team when we play any of the better programs in the SEC. The way we played AL, Aub, and A&M games this year was embarrassing.

Zildjan
12-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Thank you. Losing to Bama in 2014 was excusable. Losing to Ole Miss and freaking GA Tech that year was beyond pathetic.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 12:47 PM

However,

You're right and we really can't argue much and I'm being serious. We have tasted good football and some of us want more of it. And you're also right ... we are MSU and right there with Vandy, Arky, Ky, and OM and shouldn't expect anything outside of our normal lane.

Dan probably would've flubbed 2018 cause he would've been shopping himself just like in 2014. Dan would've lost to Bama cause in 2018, just like in 2014, he has a mental block and his game management sucks when getting to Bama (and now UGA).

But .. before he flubbed 2018 due to those reasons at end of season, we would've been in the top 5 in the country cause we would've smoked everyone else prior to playing Bama. And Fitz probably would've been in top 3 in total O in SEC.

And I would've been pissed as hell at him just like I was in 2014 when he bombed the end of that season. In 2014 he didn't have us prepared well for the Bama game or the OM game. He then ran his D coordinator off and we lost to Ga Tech.

Dan developed all those players you mentioned above. Those players you just mentioned were off the 30th and 41st recruiting classes in the country.

Dan had developed the 36th, 18th, and 24th ranked classes to produce the 2017 and 2018 teams. Looking at recruiting rankings that don't look like much and Dave Bartoo, Joe Moorhead, Liverpool, and everyone else can say that. And everyone can say Joe did not underachieve. He won at "about his talent level".

But a lot can be done to develop that 3* to a 5* by the time they go from being a Fr to a Sr. Recruiting rankings do not equal final talent level. That team ends up being more talented than the 2014 team (except at WR). One broken ankle away from a 9 (10 with bowl) win in 2017 as Juniors, while losing not to scrub teams, but losing to teams that won a championship at some level of SEC and CFP. That team was tougher and would've been tougher and more experienced in 2018 while facing a schedule where every team on that schedule (including Bama) was a much easier team to deal with than any of the 3 losses in 2017 (not counting OM cause of broken ankle).

Dan would've flubbed 2018 not because he was a stupid, inept, soft-as-charmin coach, but because of lost focus at end of year. He would've flubbed it cause he was Dan and wanted out of Starkville. And I probably would've been just as pissed at him as in 2014.

Joe took all that developed talent and drove it straight into the ground from the get go. We didn't get to experience the likely top 5 team when going into Bama.

Now all that talent is gone. Joe probably can recruit better overall than Dan and finish 18th to 25th consistently every year cause he loves recruiting. He always seems to be on the recruiting trail. But those players still will have to be developed and coached up. So they will end up either staying at their talent levels or digressing down to in the 30s/40s in talent level, instead of progressing up to top 15/top 10 like with Dan. Shoop may be able to coach the D guys higher than their recruiting rankings, if allowed to by Joe. And if he stays.

That's what we have to look forward to. A digression from recruited talent/skill to final talent/skill on the offensive side of the ball for sure. All while building a culture and working at a "championship standard". And Bob from Bogue Chitto needs to just shut the hell up.

And we are staying in our lane competing against Vandy, Arky, Ky, and OM to stay out of the cellar of the SEC. Just so long as we beat those Rebs tho ... we good.

Indndawg
12-01-2019, 12:55 PM
This is the best post of the day. Clearn and concise.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 12:58 PM
The Egg Bowl didn't change my mind. I wanted to keep him no matter how the EB ended up. If we continue to trend down, I will be more on board to part ways next season. Everyone who thinks they have a crystal ball don't know a thing.

Agreed on the crystal ball thing but we damned sure have hindsight. "IF" we continue to trend down? What have our past performances under his "leadership" tells you we won't continue the digression? Sounds crystal ballish to me. I will just base my opinions on what my own eyes have seen.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Talk about delusional....

You think it's delusional to expect to beat Ole Miss every year? It doesn't mean we will, but we're a better program than they are.

When you look at football schedules at the start of the year and predict wins and losses, do you usually put a W next to Kentucky like most do? Of course you do....because you expect to win that game. The same should be said about Ole Miss.

defiantdog
12-01-2019, 01:07 PM
We're always going to have coaching issues. Mullen kept selling his name to the highest bidder and we wanted to drop him. JoMo doesn't know how to keep a competitive team on the field, and so we want to get rid of him. We need someone who can really sell the program. Clemson wanted to bail on Dabo at first, but he recruited against the big boys and won. We will never be successful by recruiting players that the big boys don't want. We need someone who won't be afraid to go after the top recruits and actually get them.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Joe took all that developed talent and drove it straight into the ground from the get go. We didn't get to experience the likely top 5 team when going into Bama.

Now all that talent is gone. Joe probably can recruit better overall than Dan and finish 18th to 25th consistently every year cause he loves recruiting. He always seems to be on the recruiting trail. But those players still will have to be developed and coached up. So they will end up either staying at their talent levels or digressing down to in the 30s/40s in talent level, instead of progressing up to top 15/top 10 like with Dan. Shoop may be able to coach the D guys higher than their recruiting rankings, if allowed to by Joe. And if he stays.

That's what we have to look forward to. A digression from recruited talent/skill to final talent/skill on the offensive side of the ball for sure. All while building a culture and working at a "championship standard". And Bob from Bogue Chitto needs to just shut the hell up.

And we are staying in our lane competing against Vandy, Arky, Ky, and OM to stay out of the cellar of the SEC. Just so long as we beat those Rebs tho ... we good.

Statements like these are pretty much the exact entitlement I was talking about earlier.

Were you around in 16' or does that not count in your mind. We had a losing record, and Dan is smoking a cigar after beating a 5-7 team in Oxford.

We lost to South Alabama at home, followed by multiple embarrassing losses.

If you think we were going undefeated under Dan in 18' you can just keep dreaming.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 01:09 PM
We're always going to have coaching issues. Mullen kept selling his name to the highest bidder and we wanted to drop him. JoMo doesn't know how to keep a competitive team on the field, and so we want to get rid of him. We need someone who can really sell the program. Clemson wanted to bail on Dabo at first, but he recruited against the big boys and won. We will never be successful by recruiting players that the big boys don't want. We need someone who won't be afraid to go after the top recruits and actually get them.

Dabo went 6-7 in year 2. Most on this board would have wanted him fired because "he was in over his head"

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 01:09 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dawgday166 again.

Once I took the homer glasses off, you've slowly become one of my favorite posters.

And I agree. Coming out of 2017 you could smell blood in the water in the West. We were returning a bunch of talent. We had taken Bama to the wire. Auburn had fluked an SEC West win. A&M was going to be a rebuild. LSU hired Orgeron and no one could have predicted them with this meteoric rise. Ark and OM were afterthoughts. Going into 2018 the talent and opportunity were there. That roster was an 11 win roster. We won 8. Disappointing but maybe it was an adjustment period. Now this season it shows that the team has regressed and lost who MSU football is all about. Not only did we miss a window to step up to the forefront of the SEC we've fallen from mid pack to the back yet again. (We were in the tier of vying for 3rd in the West, now next year it looks possible we could finish 7th. That's inexcusable.) I want this guy so badly to be successful but apparently we only measure success as being state champions. There's more to life than Mississippi, but sadly people in charge have decided to not pursue it.

Coach34
12-01-2019, 01:10 PM
You think it's delusional to expect to beat Ole Miss every year? It doesn't mean we will, but we're a better program than they are.

When you look at football schedules at the start of the year and predict wins and losses, do you usually put a W next to Kentucky like most do? Of course you do....because you expect to win that game. The same should be said about Ole Miss.

We have been to 10 straight bowl games. OM has missed 4 straight. It's clear who has the better program

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 01:13 PM
We have been to 10 straight bowl games. OM has missed 4 straight. It's clear who has the better program

The gap should be much bigger than it is, but we are pissing our advantage away. We are fortunate that they are completely incompetent at this point.

dantheman4248
12-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Statements like these are pretty much the exact entitlement I was talking about earlier.

Were you around in 16' or does that not count in your mind. We had a losing record, and Dan is smoking a cigar after beating a 5-7 team in Oxford.

If you think we were going undefeated under Dan in 18' you can just keep dreaming.

Dan made a bad hire at DC in 2016. That was corrected in 2017. You keep using that year as see we're same ole MSU but we did beat OM and A&M that year. 2017 we went from 100+ defense to top ten. We also played the 3 best teams in the SEC that year. Auburn had huge regression. Georgia would have been swapped for Florida who wouldn't have Dan as coach. Bama was still Bama.

He also said we wouldn't go undefeated. Said dan would lose bama. I do believe Dan goes 11-1 that season. (That roster wouldn't lose to OM regardless of coach shopping. We proved that last year.)

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 01:19 PM

I was around in '16, pissed as hell at Dan, and wanted to fire his ass early in that year. But at end of '16 I was like ... we might be pretty good next year if Dan can get a DC. I saw a lot of youth and major improvement towards the end of that year. And we were pretty good in 2017.

In 2013, I was way disappointed but also knew we had a lot of injuries. After playing Bama tough tho and rest of season .. I almost put down a long shot bet on us winning a Natty going into 2014. Only reason I didn't was ... I knew if we got to TTown undefeated the moment would be way too big for us ... and it was.

But you're right ... I have a sense of entitlement ****

Just to add something. When we have a little success some of our fans then laugh at TN as being worse than us from here on out, or Mizzou shouldn't be in SEC, or stupid shit like that. THAT is a sense of entitlement that comes from where, I have no clue. But to expect us to improve as the season progresses and, while OM is reeling to expect us to put our foot on their throat and maybe make Bama at least more than mildly annoyed (like with a gnat) when we play them ... you're right ... I shouldn't ever hope for that.

ETA: And just to add something else ... I SMH at most of the delusional, sure wins people claim will certainly happen going into every season.

Dawgology
12-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Imagine you run 5K's. Your average time for the last 10 5Ks has been 24 minutes, but on your 11th 5K you are super pissed at yourself because you didn't run it in 16 flat and beat the leaders. I would say your expectations are unrealistic. Does it mean you can never get there? Of course not, but it takes some time.

That?s a complete apples and oranges comparison. Let me make a better comparison. You?re the Owner of a large, multi-million dollar business. You?re CEO, who has grown your company from a little known business to a regionally recognized company and increased profits by 300%, is hired away from you by a Fortune 500 company. He was nice enough to leave you business set for continued growth in the immediate future before he left. You go out and hire an up-and-comer for a CEO but it?s his first time to take the reigns for a company this size. The first year you see a 30% loss in profit. The second year under him you see an additional 50% loss under his leadership with no signs of improvement for the following year. Do you retain that CEO at that point? Or do you attempt to replace them with someone who can stabilize and right the ship? This should be a very easy decision...if you care to stay in business.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 01:31 PM
That?s a complete apples and oranges comparison. Let me make a better comparison. You?re the Owner of a large, multi-million dollar business. You?re CEO, who has grown your company from a little known business to a regionally recognized company and increased profits by 300%, is hired away from you by a Fortune 500 company. He was nice enough to leave you business set for continued growth in the immediate future before he left. You go out and hire an up-and-comer for a CEO but it?s his first time to take the reigns for a company this size. The first year you see a 30% loss in profit. The second year under him you see an additional 50% loss under his leadership with no signs of improvement for the following year. Do you retain that CEO at that point? Or do you attempt to replace them with someone who can stabilize and right the ship? This should be a very easy decision...if you care to stay in business.

Imagine if the first CEO and the second CEO had the exact same performance numbers on paper, and the shareholders suddenly decided that the second CEO wasn't making money for the company in a satisfactory way so they fired him/her for someone else. I think the next CEO would be pretty damn hesitant to take the position.

CEO 1: 2016 & 2017 14-11

CEO 2: 2018 & 2019 14-11

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Good stuff here sir. Good teams run their organizations like businesses, not safe spaces on good ship lollipops. It can sometimes seem cruel but getting better and growing is the only answer and keeping incompetent people at the top has only one result and we are seeing it up close and personal.

timotheus
12-01-2019, 01:38 PM
The O will be a runnin smooth in game 1 next fall with all the ill's corrected. Just wait, I can already hear it.

Dawgology
12-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Imagine if the first CEO and the second CEO had the exact same performance numbers on paper, and the shareholders suddenly decided that the second CEO wasn't making money for the company in a satisfactory way so they fired him/her for someone else. I think the next CEO would be pretty damn hesitant to take the position.

You’re right. Moorhead has the exact same record as Mullen’s last two years. He is the future of Bulldog football. We should keep him forever. There is virtually no difference between the team’s performances. Can’t wait to wreck a team in the bowl game.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 01:40 PM

So you are saying those two examples equates to equal leadership?

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 01:58 PM
So you are saying those two examples equates to equal leadership?

From the perspective of an outsider- Yes.

And an outsider will be the next head coach.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-01-2019, 01:59 PM
You’re right. Moorhead has the exact same record as Mullen’s last two years. He is the future of Bulldog football. We should keep him forever. There is virtually no difference between the team’s performances. Can’t wait to wreck a team in the bowl game.

I know that Moorhead is the future for at least one more year.

dawg24
12-01-2019, 02:03 PM
joe also shoot himself in the foot when he told us he was the man who could reach these high expectations and talked about us becoming a championship program just so he gets pissed now and tell us we were never that good and that we should go kick rocks or be happy with his poor performance. He asked fro high expectations and now that he cant deliver he is upset that the fans are mad at him for lying.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 02:14 PM
joe also shoot himself in the foot when he told us he was the man who could reach these high expectations and talked about us becoming a championship program just so he gets pissed now and tell us we were never that good and that we should go kick rocks or be happy with his poor performance. He asked fro high expectations and now that he cant deliver he is upset that the fans are mad at him for lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sh0wr7HH8Y

Maroonthirteen
12-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Thank you. Losing to Bama in 2014 was excusable. Losing to Ole Miss and freaking GA Tech that year was beyond pathetic.

Losing those two games after weeks at#1, was a much bigger kick in the nuts than any 2018 loss.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Losing those two games after weeks at#1, was a much bigger kick in the nuts than any 2018 loss.

those two did indeed kick me in the nuts too because we had the coaches and players capable of avoiding them. In '18 we found a way to parlay giving up 12 TD's all season into 4 regular season losses and a bowl loss to a team who couldn't gain a yard on the ground. Futility and waste.