PDA

View Full Version : Most concerning thing to me possibly

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 10:18 AM
This has purely been a concern of mine so I would like others takes -
So joes 2 QBs he has brought in thus far - one is soft, the other ?supposedly doesn?t want to put in the work?. Neither have shown to be the correct style of leader our offense needs. Now I do hope the young one is just a freshman phase but neither has the qualities we need at this time.

Both he has known a long time and recruited both. Not inherited guys. This makes me wonder if joe understands the leadership/character/gamer side of a team??

KB21
12-01-2019, 10:22 AM
I think it is very clear he doesn’t. I also think it is very clear that he can’t evaluate talent.

You know, I like Schrader and some of the traits he showed this year. However, if Joe thinks that Schrader can run the passing offense he wants to run, then I got news for him. Schrader’s release and processing are super slow right now, and he has a below average arm. He’s not a passer at QB. He’s a run to set up easy pass quarterback.

wild_dawg
12-01-2019, 10:23 AM
GS has to grow up, no question. But I think you can credit some of that to being a freshman. I think its unfair to call Tommy soft, he runs hard. He's just injury prone. Not saying Tommy is any where close to the level of Tua, but by that logic you're saying Tua is soft. He's not soft, just injury prone. Big difference.

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Shraders lack of beard maintenance tells me everything i need to know. **

bluelightstar
12-01-2019, 10:32 AM
I also hope Shrader improves leaps and bounds over the off season, because if he doesn’t make a huge jump, our offense will be atrocious. Scrambling and improvising on busted plays is not an offense.

LoneStarDawg
12-01-2019, 10:33 AM

Ha! Post of the day nominee.

Dawgfan77
12-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Joe couldn?t develop a Polaroid picture

gravedigger
12-01-2019, 11:14 AM

One thing is for sure. On the off chance we are better than expected next fall, it is going to cause a rip in the time continuum.

vv83
12-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Can anybody expand on GS problems? I've heard everything from normal freshmen stuff such as sleeping through morning classes all the way to he doesn't enjoy football and refuses to put in the offseason work/practice. the first one im not worried about at all. The second one, may need to be looking around for a JUCO

gravedigger
12-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Can anybody expand on GS problems? I've heard everything from normal freshmen stuff such as sleeping through morning classes all the way to he doesn't enjoy football and refuses to put in the offseason work/practice. the first one im not worried about at all. The second one, may need to be looking around for a JUCO

Yes, and when we are done with Shrader, can we continue with the rest of the players issues?

Gordon Gekko
12-01-2019, 11:28 AM

I know nothing of GS personally but I can?t square his toughness on the field, a good example being the helicopter hit he took trying to get a first down that gets replayed constantly, with he doesn?t care about football. Maybe he does miss class or slack off in practice, but I find it funny that now that everyone is pissed Joe is staying GS is being slandered.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-01-2019, 11:44 AM
GS right now in his raw freshman state does not have the QB tangibles that separate him from the pack of P5 quarterbacks. There's a lot of development required of him to be a Dak level QB. If Mullen was his QB coach I would feel more confident that by his junior or senior year he could be that guy, not so much with our current coaching staff. As far as intangibles, I can not comment because I have no knowledge on that level but if the rumors are even half true that does not bode well for us having a QB near or at the elite level.

Katdoc12
12-01-2019, 02:36 PM
I heard the announcers mention during the game that Schrader other D1 offers were for WR & DB. I know they frequently don't have correct info & that was the first I'd heard that Moorhead was only 1 wanting him for QB. But now wondering about those remarks. Either way he needs development & JoMo seems to lack that part of coaching, so that's a concern moving forward. I have also heard GS is late to QB meetings & workouts & that may have something to do with him not starting the last couple of games, but that it is still vowed that he receives special treatment, but nothing more than talk among fans & some players family members.