PDA

View Full Version : How Does Joe Fix This?

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Making new hires doesn't "fix the problem" Particularly hires that are made to a lame duck staff.

So how does Joe tangibly fix this situation and his team?

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Leave and never return. Simple.

Quaoarsking
12-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Recruit players who will be leaders and disciplinarians on themselves. Not sure where to find them, but if he can't be a hardass, we can't have players who only respond to hardass coaching.

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Adapt his offense to the players we have on the roster.

Stop force feeding a pass first offense to a team that doesn’t have SEC WRs. Rely on what you have and try and make it work.

Recruiting needs to improve, we are losing NFL players on defense, they need to be replaced.

MetEdDawg
12-01-2019, 10:00 AM
There need to be wholesale changes if it's gonna work:

1) He's going to have to have a legitimate SEC caliber S&C program. We will never out talent or out scheme the upper echelon of the conference. We have to out work them. Starts with S&C.

2) Moorhead needs to find a capable and competent OC and relinquish control of play calling.

3) He needs to cut bait with multiple coaches on the field and be super aggressive about their replacements.

Do those things and we've got a chance.

bluelightstar
12-01-2019, 10:00 AM
He cant. I mean, does anyone think we won?t be right back here in November 2020? Our offense is probably going to get even worse. Maybe the defense can help us win some 7-6 ball games.

Only hope is for him to trash his offense and bring in an OC who runs something competent.

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 10:01 AM

This is the only answer now. I’ve never felt this way about a MSU coach. I actually really liked Croom but knew he was a bad coach. I’ll cheer for my bulldogs in every game they play, while hoping each day is Joes last at State.

BTW, I’m not giving up hope yet. I’m like that frog who has his hands on the throat of the big bird that’s trying to swallow him!!! Never give up!!!!!! We still have a week or so of hope!!!!!!

Dawgbite
12-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Win. Winning fixes everything. I’m not talking about every game but win the ones you are supposed too and one or two that you aren’t and everything will be hunky dory.

shoeless joe
There is no fix...he knows all he has to do is win against scrubs and cupcakes, make excuses, and show his smug arrogant ass at pressers and we’re dumb enough to extend him.

Just threw up in my mouth a little...

ShotgunDawg
He cant. I mean, does anyone think we won?t be right back here in November 2020? Our offense is probably going to get even worse. Maybe the defense can help us win some 7-6 ball games.

Only hope is for him to trash his offense and bring in an OC who runs something competent.

I think there is a 90% chance this is correct.

I'm trying to find the 10% narrow window in which he can fix this

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 10:04 AM
To me, he needs to play to the strengths of the team by getting much more creative in the run game and getting the ball out of the hand of the QB quicker on pass plays.

That's excluding hiring new people.

wild_dawg
12-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Beating a name like Texas in a bowl game would be good for confidence going forward. I hope we do it, but wouldn't predict it. I also feel like Joe needs to tone down his O, many times it looks like we are lost. I feel like it has too many checks.

KB21
12-01-2019, 10:14 AM
He has to completely change who he is as a head coach and his overall philosophy of running a team.

BhamDawg205
12-01-2019, 10:15 AM
There need to be wholesale changes if it's gonna work:

1) He's going to have to have a legitimate SEC caliber S&C program. We will never out talent or out scheme the upper echelon of the conference. We have to out work them. Starts with S&C.

2) Moorhead needs to find a capable and competent OC and relinquish control of play calling.

3) He needs to cut bait with multiple coaches on the field and be super aggressive about their replacements.

Do those things and we've got a chance.

As for as OC go get Briles he's looking right now. He may be the happy median between power and finesse.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2019, 10:19 AM
He can't. A leopard cant change his spots. Two obvious improvements in game management that havent been made after 2 years proves this. 1. Why in the 17 do we still run 'check with me' when we have the ball on the 1 foot line? What defense do you expect them to be in Joe? We were in that situation twice this year and had a turnover and a FG. 2. We have no tempo play to run after a potentially reviewable play goes our way. How many times in the past two years have we hit a 20yd play only to lolly-gag with the 'check with me' BS only to have them blow the play dead for a review before we can snap it. As Coachnorm says, 'Its in his DNA' and he'll never change.

Quaoarsking
12-01-2019, 10:20 AM
Throw $2 million at Kendal Briles or Joe Brady and hope one of them becomes our OC. Give that OC full power to plan and call the games.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Throw $2 million at Kendal Briles or Joe Brady and hope one of them becomes our OC. Give that OC full power to plan and call the games.

Joe wouldn't go for that... just put the 2 million toward buy out if we want to scrap this offense

Jack Lambert
12-01-2019, 10:22 AM
He can't. A leopard cant change his spots. Two obvious improvements in game management that havent been made after 2 years proves this. 1. Why in the 17 do we still run 'check with me' when we have the ball on the 1 foot line? What defense do you expect them to be in Joe? We were in that situation twice this year and had a turnover and a FG. 2. We have no tempo play to run after a potentially reviewable play goes our way. How many times in the past two years have we hit a 20yd play only to lolly-gag with the 'check with me' BS only to have them blow the play dead for a review before we can snap it. As Coachnorm says, 'Its in his DNA' and he'll never change.

I have a feeling that he is on a short leash and was told changes has to be made. I think if there is not improvement and he loses to a team he suppose to beat he will not finish the season.

basedog
12-01-2019, 10:23 AM
1) Gotta get a few new offensive Coaches, one who will be a true OC. You are wrong Shotgun about hiring coaches, assistants make a HC.

2) Gotta keep recruiting talent, on paper has a good class coming in. We have to get speed from wide receivers and upgrade this position big time!

3) Keep Shoop.

4) Keep Juniors who are thinking about the draft to play there senior year.

5) Install a S/C program along with special teams.

6) Use the bowl game practice to get younger players ready for next year and show some improvements in starting off fast. His slow starts are a killer, this has to stop!

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2019, 10:24 AM
First the team needs to display that they are prepared to compete. Second they need to be competetive,l. Third win games.

tcdog70
12-01-2019, 10:32 AM
The main thing wrong with Joe's offense ( pass first) is pitiful wideouts. For Him to be able to run his offense requires SEC quality WRs. Joe go get us some hell on wheels receivers and you will be a savant.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 10:35 AM
The main thing wrong with Joe's offense ( pass first) is pitiful wideouts. For Him to be able to run his offense requires SEC quality WRs. Joe go get us some hell on wheels receivers and you will be a savant.

That's not gonna be easy to do. Sec seems to wanna go to wide open offenses, so WRs will be extremely coveted.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 10:47 AM
That's not gonna be easy to do. Sec seems to wanna go to wide open offenses, so WRs will be extremely coveted.

The issue with our WR’s is a lack of YAC. We also have no deep threat. Our completion percentage went up so we’re getting the ball to them. But they’re not doing much with it after they catch it.

MrKotter
12-01-2019, 10:47 AM

This is the only way. He is incapable of adjusting to adapt

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 10:53 AM
MSU HAS TO start to mend fences with their fans and boosters. You can only tell people to go kick rocks so much without it hurting the program. People need to see change and improvement.

To do that:

1. Win whatever bowl we go to and look competent doing it.

2. Finish strong in recruiting.

3. Hire a new S&C coach, OC, and ST coach.

4. MSU needs to improve the gameday experience and do some things that are fan friendly. Reduce season ticket prices. Improve the concession situation and the security issues with getting in. Improve the traffic flow. Tell Joe to stop calling people out that support MSU out in press conferences.

5. Win lots of games!

BogeyGolfer
12-01-2019, 10:59 AM

This and nothing else....

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 10:59 AM
There is no fix...he knows all he has to do is win against scrubs and cupcakes, make excuses, and show his smug arrogant ass at pressers and we?re dumb enough to extend him.

Just threw up in my mouth a little...

Yep

bulldog20
12-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Give a press conference tomorrow saying I'm dragging my own yankee ass out of here

TrapGame
12-01-2019, 11:02 AM
MSU HAS TO start to mend fences with their fans and boosters. You can only tell people to go kick rocks so much without it hurting the program. People need to see change and improvement.

To do that:

1. Win whatever bowl we go to and look competent doing it.

2. Finish strong in recruiting.

3. Hire a new S&C coach, OC, and ST coach.

4. MSU needs to improve the gameday experience and do some things that are fan friendly. Reduce season ticket prices. Improve the concession situation and the security issues with getting in. Improve the traffic flow. Tell Joe to stop calling people out that support MSU out in press conferences.

5. Win lots of games!

Exactly.

If he finishes 6-6 again next season w/ another lucky win over ole miss he's staying for year 4. But, if we show some serious improvement...don't laugh...and he can catch some down teams next year finishing 8-4 I think he will parlay that into another job fairly easy.

cheewgumm
12-01-2019, 11:05 AM
What is their to fix? We are going to a bowl.

Kick rocks

Apoplectic
12-01-2019, 11:15 AM
keep an eye any coaches leaving for new opportunities except for jones - this will give us an idea of the confidence in the program

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 12:27 PM
I doubt if he could actually do this or would, or if it would get us even close to where we want to be? Be a manager of the football program but don't be micromanaging certain aspects. Don't be a pal/good buddy type coach to the players ((be more like how Saban handles his team). Change the ST Coach and the QB coach. Hire a real good OC. I still have the jury out on S&C as that could be on the micromanaging (in other words the S&C Coach's input seems to may be limited). I think all this wait on me and see stuff has even frustrated Johnson , as well as the offensive line. So I don't see there needs to be a change in our OL Coach right now, and then add in the injuries too that Johnson has had to deal with (S&C also has some bearing on this)

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2019, 12:40 PM
I don?t think he can. I hope he proves me wrong but I think he digs his heals in and continues to try the same old crap he?s been doing. All while telling us that our history says we shouldn?t expect more. He?s a hell of a history teacher. Not so much on coaching.

sandjunky
12-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Making new hires doesn't "fix the problem" Particularly hires that are made to a lame duck staff.

So how does Joe tangibly fix this situation and his team?

He resigns and apologizes for being a shitty coach

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 12:53 PM

We have to show these SEC type WR prospects an offense that they like, and one that will help them get developed to do their best at the next level. Unfortunately, that has not been demonstrated in JoeMo's offense.

Indndawg
12-01-2019, 12:59 PM
I agree. I LIKED Sly Croom...sucked at game day.
I Liked JWS...should have retired a year earlier
I liked Dan...wish Megan could have shopped locally
I liked Emory...always good for a laugh and had a fun offense...most of the time

I don't like SloJoMo....he sucks as a coach as bad or worse than Sly and he has an asshole personality that totally self-absorbed.

parabrave
12-01-2019, 01:02 PM
To everyone who wants him to change his coaching and leadership styles, the EB postgame PC should've given you his answer. A big FU I know what I'm doing. Huys like thst don't change. BTW metdog you are right esp with number 2. The guy is just a deer in headlights standing there on the sidelines. I mean look at him during a game he looks like the deer I passed on the side of the road the other night. And you had better believe the other coaches notice this also. Thankfully we we played OM and Abiliene Christian the last 2 game. Remember the 1st 3 drives in both games. Any other team would have put the game away like Auburn did. The guy just ain't got it.

tcdog70
12-01-2019, 02:01 PM

Exactly, so maybe we need to be a run first offense not where we have to have WRs to win. Pretty simple, if you run a pass first offense then you must start with 17ers that can get open and catch the dam ball. Wonder how Leach has no problem with a pass first offense--he seems to be able to finds receivers.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 02:04 PM

The talent level in our recruiting footprint for WRs just isn't deep enough to overcome the amount of scholarships LSU, Bama, and Auburn have.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 02:18 PM
The talent level in our recruiting footprint for WRs just isn't deep enough to overcome the amount of scholarships LSU, Bama, and Auburn have.

This offense hasn't shown any reason for a top rated WR to come here. If we could do that then maybe we could recruit and possibly sign some top rated SEC caliber WR's. Until they see where they like our offense, how they will contribute, and how it will help develop them to get them to the next level, and be the best they can be, then we are going to be on the outside looking in for those types of receivers.

dawg24
12-01-2019, 02:40 PM
I don't see how you come back from the press conference and awful play. He basically outed himself as somebody how he feels doesn't belong with the calling himself a Yankee as if the only logical reason us backward hicks could have to no like him is that he is from the north and doesn't belong here, but news flash he could be mole man from deep within the earth as long as he wins games. He would need to recommit to the things he said when he first arrived and show actual results towards those goals this time. He has to stop playing the pity card and take ownership of his shortcomings rather than saying the team wasn't that good when he arrived. At this point, the man would have to become a completely different person because he has to much pride and arrogance to make the necessary changes to put the program back on track.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 04:44 PM
keep an eye any coaches leaving for new opportunities except for jones - this will give us an idea of the confidence in the program

Confidence in the program? I?ve seen More confidence from felons heading to the chair during their last walk. Anyone with confidence in this program at this point lacks one key thing. A brain.

Eta. Who in their right mind wants a coach from a team that beat the little sisters of the poor 4 times and the little brothers of the poor 2 more times this season? There can’t be any other athletic departments or coaches as dumb as ours.