PDA

View Full Version : Music City Bowl

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 02:18 AM
Maybe vs Florida State or Miami? Statistically I want FSU between the two.

bluelightstar
12-01-2019, 02:41 AM
I want Music City because I love Nashville. But if we lose to Miami (manny) or FSU (an interim coach), this fan base is going nuclear.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2019, 03:08 AM
I want Music City because I love Nashville. But if we lose to Miami (manny) or FSU (an interim coach), this fan base is going nuclear.

Too late. It's nuclear now. I expect to lose the bowl game, as well as every road game next year and every game we are favored to win by less than 10 points next year...which probably won't be many. Apathy will be the theme for 2020. Cohen and company lost the fan base today.

parabrave
12-01-2019, 03:27 AM
My Brother who actually does have connections at Texas says his buddy told him that its us vs UT burnt orange in the Texas Bowl. But it's just a rumor.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 03:34 AM
My Brother who actually does have connections at Texas says his buddy told him that its us vs UT burnt orange in the Texas Bowl. But it's just a rumor.

The way things have gone lately that means Cohen will tell the Texas Bowl **** you we’re going to Shreveport to play Arkansas State.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 03:39 AM
Too late. It's nuclear now. I expect to lose the bowl game, as well as every road game next year and every game we are favored to win by less than 10 points next year...which probably won't be many. Apathy will be the theme for 2020. Cohen and company lost the fan base today.

I have never seen a football program give their fans who are actual pretty loyal considering constantly be given the middle finger by the football program that they support.

For MSU to start to repair this damage MSU is going to have to win whatever bowl they play in. And look organized doing it. Joe I know you want me to kick rocks but I would really appreciate it if we line up correctly and not get a false start on the first play or have to call a timeout because we’re confused. Thanks! Todd4State.

basedog
12-01-2019, 09:17 AM

Doesn't mean fans want buy season tickets, I was hoping for a change. Many on here underestimate the fans, Msu has always had some of the best loyal fans in the SEC. Season ticket sells may be down some next year but it want stop thousands from going to the games.

Bashing coaches is one thing but bashing fans and downplaying fans for attending is a whole different game. Shame on Joe for calling out fans, it has hurt him more than he may know going forward.

It's time to move on for now, hopefully we win our Bowl game, to me it's more than Joe coaching its about the payers and fans.

Btw, we are a "Baseball School", always have been always will be. Just saying and Clint this post isn't meant to be negative toward you, it just who we are and hopefully we recover which we will. This astrosphere mess is about what happened with the Bob Tyler thing in mid 70's. Talk about a mess when he was fixn to get fired and the things he was known for was really bad. He was our HC and AD, tried to destroy athletics for his ego.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 09:20 AM

Please. We've never played in that bowl, and it's a cool opponent. We'll get smashed most likely though

basedog
12-01-2019, 09:22 AM
I have never seen a football program give their fans who are actual pretty loyal considering constantly be given the middle finger by the football program that they support.

For MSU to start to repair this damage MSU is going to have to win whatever bowl they play in. And look organized doing it. Joe I know you want me to kick rocks but I would really appreciate it if we line up correctly and not get a false start on the first play or have to call a timeout because we’re confused. Thanks! Todd4State.

Hopefully Joe will make offensive changes, Stevie Wonder and even some ED internet Coaches can see it has to happen.

IF Joe is smart, he has to change his attitude and move forward, making changes to his staff is the first step, recruiting next, and instill some physical football is a must!

Dawgology
12-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Myself and several I?ve talked to aren?t getting tickets next year after this mess. It?s not even anger over it. It?s just...meh. Use that money to go see some better games. We will still be in the left field lofts come baseball season but one of my buds says he?s done until Joe is gone so I can?t speak for everyone. Our admin really screwed this one. Big time.

ETA: we aren?t winning a bowl game. That would require us to beat a competent bowl eligible team on the road. That doesn?t happen in this program anymore.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Hopefully Joe will make offensive changes, Stevie Wonder and even some ED internet Coaches can see it has to happen.

IF Joe is smart, he has to change his attitude and move forward, making changes to his staff is the first step, recruiting next, and instill some physical football is a must!

Joe supposedly changed his offense at UConn to what we see now at penn st. Hopefully he goes back to the drawing board

basedog
12-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Please. We've never played in that bowl, and it's a cool opponent. We'll get smashed most likely though

Depends, Texas isn't a power house and playing a non Sec school is slightly better for Msu. You going to the bowl game, asking for a friend** LOL

I'm hoping for Music City.

basedog
12-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Joe supposedly changed his offense at UConn to what we see now at penn st. Hopefully he goes back to the drawing board

Let's hope he isn't "Emory II" stubborn and hardheaded, the way I see it, some people can change when things are going wrong. I don't have much hope Joe is the answer but I suppose I will have no other choice right now and hope he will.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 09:29 AM
Depends, Texas isn't a power house and playing a non Sec school is slightly better for Msu. You going to the bowl game, asking for a friend** LOL

I'm hoping for Music City.

Not sure, I'll be out of town end of December

wild_dawg
12-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Doesn't mean fans want buy season tickets, I was hoping for a change. Many on here underestimate the fans, Msu has always had some of the best loyal fans in the SEC. Season ticket sells may be down some next year but it want stop thousands from going to the games.

Bashing coaches is one thing but bashing fans and downplaying fans for attending is a whole different game. Shame on Joe for calling out fans, it has hurt him more than he may know going forward.

It's time to move on for now, hopefully we win our Bowl game, to me it's more than Joe coaching its about the payers and fans.

Btw, we are a "Baseball School", always have been always will be. Just saying and Clint this post isn't meant to be negative toward you, it just who we are and hopefully we recover which we will. This astrosphere mess is about what happened with the Bob Tyler thing in mid 70's. Talk about a mess when he was fixn to get fired and the things he was known for was really bad. He was our HC and AD, tried to destroy athletics for his ego.

This. I believe people are overestimating this. It'll be down don't get me wrong, but it wont be as bad as some think. Some of the fans saying they won't buy now will come around and get them.

LoneStarDawg
12-01-2019, 10:20 AM
A lot of you seem to think we sold a lot of season tickets this year....we didn?t!! I don?t know the number, but I do know when I looked at what was available late in the Summer(just to get an idea how many were left) there were seats available, with exception of 100-200 level chair backs, everywhere!

msstate7
12-01-2019, 10:24 AM
A lot of you seem to think we sold a lot of season tickets this year....we didn?t!! I don?t know the number, but I do know when I looked at what was available late in the Summer(just to get an idea how many were left) there were seats available, with exception of 100-200 level chair backs, everywhere!

Did we ever release the number of season tix sold?

LoneStarDawg
12-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Did we ever release the number of season tix sold?
If they did, I didn?t see it. I doubt they ever do again after 2015 record year. Seriously, I may be wrong, but don?t think they have since that year.

RiverCityDawg
12-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Well said. He's here next year. I don't like it, but I was here before him and I'll be here after him. I'm not going to NOT go to games, which I enjoy, because of him. While I'm not at all optimistic it will happen, I hope he turns it around and will be there next year to see if he can do it. If not, he'll be gone.

WinningIsRelentless
12-01-2019, 11:22 AM
We would be playing our rb next year if that happened ;).

sonof34
12-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Looks like he trimmed the fat, if you?re so pissed about what happened then you were never really a fan in the first place so feel free to hop on the LSU or Oklahoma bandwagon

parabrave
12-01-2019, 12:03 PM
The way things have gone lately that means Cohen will tell the Texas Bowl **** you we’re going to Shreveport to play Arkansas State.

Winner.

BhamDawg
12-01-2019, 01:49 PM

That would be nice, but no way that happens. They are going to lobby hard for Texas vs Texas A&M in Houston. Both conferences will likely want that matchup as well.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 01:52 PM
That would be nice, but no way that happens. They are going to lobby hard for Texas vs Texas A&M in Houston. Both conferences will likely want that matchup as well.

Hell, I want that matchup. Those 2 need to play again

msudawg1200
12-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Both conferences might, but I?ll bet both schools will so no way to that.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Hell, I want that matchup. Those 2 need to play again

LOL ... I agree. I imagine a much bigger beatdown would be coming our way.

dawgday166
12-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Both conferences might, but I?ll bet both schools will so no way to that.

If you Joe ... would you put your ass in a position to really get smoked by Pruitt after losing 1st time.

parabrave
12-01-2019, 01:56 PM
If we have 3 teams in the big 6 the A&M night be enjoying Fla. Lets see Mullen to Citrus, Aubbie to Outback and A&M to Gator UT to Music City Us to Texas or Liberty/

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Myself and several I?ve talked to aren?t getting tickets next year after this mess. It?s not even anger over it. It?s just...meh. Use that money to go see some better games. We will still be in the left field lofts come baseball season but one of my buds says he?s done until Joe is gone so I can?t speak for everyone. Our admin really screwed this one. Big time.

ETA: we aren?t winning a bowl game. That would require us to beat a competent bowl eligible team on the road. That doesn?t happen in this program anymore.

Curious what would happen if Moorhead went 10-2 in 2021? Would he have still not gone to any games and continued his protest?