PDA

View Full Version : More than Moorhead

TheLostDawg
12-01-2019, 12:38 AM
That's job is on the line next year. Cohen extending Joe contact will most certainly add his own name to the fire if we don't improve. Cohen not taking a roll as our athletic director and going against the grain by not cutting Moorhead this year should get him fired. If he can't stand up to people then he should find somewhere else. That being said, if boosters want Moorhead fired and Cohen is giving him a chance then they'll force Cohen out.
Basically it's a lose lose for Cohen however it came to be that Morehead got an extension. That being said, I imagine Cohen is going to do everything here can to make sure Moorhead succeeds, or at least improves.
In order for this to be a possibility, Moorhead is going to have to make changes in his staff. So my question is what coaches should be replaced and by who. It seems Moorhead reads these posts by his comments so let's hope he sees this and makes changes. Considering Cohen's job is at risk, hopefully for him, he does too.

To all those who just want to bit** there are plenty other threads for that. I just want to know

A. What coaching positions should be replaced
B. Possible candidates

Possible coaches and wishlist.

runwildjerious
12-01-2019, 12:43 AM
A. We have to get an actual oc. We have to replace Joey Jones.
B. Not to continue my Joe bashing but I honestly don’t know why any coach worth a crap would join him in a seemingly lame duck year. You know, it wasn’t just this message board that was talking about him leaving, national media picked it up as well. Wolken even wrote it like it was a matter of fact that he was gone had he lost the Egg. So, I have no clue why anyone would join him. This makes his return all the more curious (and frustrating) to me.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Mainly OC, ST, and S&C.

So Breiner, Jones, and Bichy.

TheLostDawg
12-01-2019, 12:54 AM
A. We have to get an actual oc. We have to replace Joey Jones.
B. Not to continue my Joe bashing but I honestly don’t know why any coach worth a crap would join him in a seemingly lame duck year. You know, it wasn’t just this message board that was talking about him leaving, national media picked it up as well. Wolken even wrote it like it was a matter of fact that he was gone had he lost the Egg. So, I have no clue why anyone would join him. This makes his return all the more curious (and frustrating) to me.

Only reason they come is$$. If they are confident in their abilities and we pay enough,I feel like we can bring guys on. We might not get first pick but you can't tell me someone with Lane kiffin personality wouldn't take a large pay raise and the chance to get his name out there by turning is around. It's just going to be tough finding that guy. Or maybe not. I just feel like Cohen is going to bring the bank considering it's his job at stake now.

TheLostDawg
12-01-2019, 12:56 AM
Mainly OC, ST, and S&C.

So Breiner, Jones, and Bichy.

Any ideas of who we could get to replace them

DogsofAnarchy
12-01-2019, 12:56 AM
Believe it or not, the Strength and Conditioning Coach is the most important guy and we have a slug in this position. It absolutely has to change. The entire S&C Program and staff has to change.

We need a true OC to call plays and implement an offensive system.

We need a Special Teams Coach that is connected to the Kicking Camps and Academies.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 01:16 AM
Any ideas of who we could get to replace them

I’m not even sure if we really will after what happened today to be honest with you.

TheLostDawg
12-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Well maybe we'll get Joe Brady after we fire Moorhead next year considering now we'll have to bring a coach that matches Moorhead style of players here brings. We better figure out how to recruit out of state WR and how to find the diamonds in the rough.

TimberBeast
12-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Give me a single reason that Moorhead would make any changes. It’s obvious our administration doesn’t care about the results so what reason does he have to make changes?

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Give me a single reason that Moorhead would make any changes. It?s obvious our administration doesn?t care about the results so what reason does he have to make changes?

Unless in his end of the year meeting with Cohen, Cohen shows and/or tells him where the deficiencies are that need to be corrected to meet MSU's expectations as the head coach and moving our football program forward (not backward) to the next level as we were told, then I don't see him making any changes either.

timotheus
12-01-2019, 01:17 PM
No changes will be made by Joe. It all is just fine with him. If anybody leaves, it will be on their own accord. Joe thinks he is on the cusp of something good.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 01:55 PM
No changes will be made by Joe. It all is just fine with him. If anybody leaves, it will be on their own accord. Joe thinks he is on the cusp of something good.

And we thought Mullen had an ego ( which he does), but this beats it all with JoeMo's ego and nothing to back it up.

TheLostDawg
12-01-2019, 03:59 PM
And we thought Mullen had an ego ( which he does), but this beats it all with JoeMo's ego and nothing to back it up.

Yeah. At least he'll have the "consistency"with his coaches. No excuse of no changes are made. I hope someone does come to help us out so we at least will stop going backwards on development. However if going backwards another year to get a better coach is what needs to happen, fine. I just hope it's based on a seasons work and up to this point when they think about what to do with Joe next year instead of base it on one game. I'm losing faith in all the higher ups.