PDA

View Full Version : Wolken Article Confirms That It Came Down to the Egg Bowl

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 12:07 AM
Wolken just released his weekend article & here is my single thought:

No matter what side of this issue you fall on, pro-Mo or Go-Mo, every person that supports & loves Mississippi State University should demand better decision making processes than this.

Deciding the fate of a coach based on the outcome of 1 game is not a process. That's a knee jerk & emotional decision that isn't based on what is best for the future of the program but rather what feels good or right in the moment.

So that's where I stand. I ask that MSU implement & develop better decision making policies. If anyone actually ran a business this way, they'd go out of business very soon.

MSU deserves a better, more thoughtful decision making process & plan than this.

The poor leadership at MSU isn't that they decided to keep Joe. It's that they actually made that decision off the outcome of the Egg Bowl & that should scare everyone.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/11/30/college-football-week-14-takeaways-utah-oklahoma-cfb-playoff/4344810002/

https://i.imgur.com/cvmLEgl.jpg

NaborhoodDawg
12-01-2019, 12:22 AM
This is actually more telling than you think it is. What the hell is our admin thinking letting it come down to the egg bowl? Steve’s tweet earlier said they were pleased with the effort shown in the EB. Well what about the lack of effort in the other 10 games this year?? Does that mean nothing? Also, I can no longer say a word when an OM friend tells me that we are little brother U and the EB is our super bowl. We literally just confirmed that it is.

I think it is interesting that Wolken left in this article “unless he leaves on his own accord.” I don’t think he would say that unless he knew that he is a candidate for some other openings.

Fact of the matter is this, Moorhead lost me when he told the fan base to kick rocks after the EB. That son of a bitch can go to hell. I spend way too much money on his crappy product for him to have the right to say that to me and any other fan of ours.

Read this aloud and slowly: we are extending a coach that told the entire fan base, admin, and money men to go f*** themselves after beating a sanctioned 4-win Ole Miss team by 1 measly point on a bonehead penalty. Dude goes 6-6 and suddenly thinks he’s Tom Landry or some shit. He hasn’t earned the right to let the EB decide his outcome. The outcome should’ve been decided when we got beat by Tenn. I rode the JOMO train as long as humanly possible but after that crap he pulled in that post game, If I ever meet him in public, I’m kicking a rock right through that yankee assed face of his.

Lloyd Christmas
12-01-2019, 12:22 AM
No he didn't. He just referenced Rosebowl and SI as his sources. He didn't independently confirm anything.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 12:25 AM
No he didn't. He just referenced Rosebowl and SI as his sources. He didn't independently confirm anything.

The first paragraph says it was understood by everyone

maroonmania
12-01-2019, 12:25 AM
Basing the future of the program on a 1 point win at home over your rival who is having a very bad year doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Especially given that the 1 point win was essentially secured by the stupidity of one of the opposing players. But alas, we are M-State.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Basing the future of the program on a 1 point win at home over your rival who is having a very bad year doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Especially given that the 1 point win was essentially secured by the stupidity of one of the opposing players. But alas, we are M-State.

had they come out before the game & said Joe was staying, I wouldn't be near as upset because at least the decision making process could be trusted.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 12:31 AM
GOOD. The first priority for 99% of us who live in the state is to beat the Confederate Bastards. I have no problem with us making that quite clear. I do live here and my life is hell if we lose to them. I'm a semi public figure where I live and my loyalties are well known. I don't play the rub it in game much, but some of my Reb friends very much do. Before some of you start, if you live here and want to have a life or a successful business, you do have Reb friends. We get after each other, but we are friends. They would heartily approve of my hatred of them, they do the same to us.

Really Clark?
12-01-2019, 12:34 AM
The first paragraph says it was understood by everyone

Re-read that. That was talking about it was understood that we like be making a change if he lost. Didn’t say anything about confirming outside of Genespage and SI

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 12:36 AM
This is actually more telling than you think it is. What the hell is our admin thinking letting it come down to the egg bowl? Steve’s tweet earlier said they were pleased with the effort shown in the EB. Well what about the lack of effort in the other 10 games this year?? Does that mean nothing? Also, I can no longer say a word when an OM friend tells me that we are little brother U and the EB is our super bowl. We literally just confirmed that it is.

I think it is interesting that Wolken left in this article “unless he leaves on his own accord.” I don’t think he would say that unless he knew that he is a candidate for some other openings.

Fact of the matter is this, Moorhead lost me when he told the fan base to kick rocks after the EB. That son of a bitch can go to hell. I spend way too much money on his crappy product for him to have the right to say that to me and any other fan of ours.

Read this aloud and slowly: we are extending a coach that told the entire fan base, admin, and money men to go f*** themselves after beating a sanctioned 4-win Ole Miss team by 1 measly point on a bonehead penalty. Dude goes 6-6 and suddenly thinks he’s Tom Landry or some shit. He hasn’t earned the right to let the EB decide his outcome. The outcome should’ve been decided when we got beat by Tenn. I rode the JOMO train as long as humanly possible but after that crap he pulled in that post game, If I ever meet him in public, I’m kicking a rock right through that yankee assed face of his.

He didn't tell the entire fan base to pound rocks. He told the ones that have been actively trying to tear down the program to. People like Shotgun, who openly said he was pulling for the Confederate Bastards to beat us. I'm not defending his coaching, but I will defend his defiance in the PC. He just voiced what a LOT of us were thinking.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 12:39 AM
GOOD. The first priority for 99% of us who live in the state is to beat the Confederate Bastards. I have no problem with us making that quite clear. I do live here and my life is hell if we lose to them. I'm a semi public figure where I live and my loyalties are well known. I don't play the rub it in game much, but some of my Reb friends very much do. Before some of you start, if you live here and want to have a life or a successful business, you do have Reb friends. We get after each other, but we are friends. They would heartily approve of my hatred of them, they do the same to us.

Understand completely but you still don't make hiring and firing decisions based off that.

It's an extremely primitive, knee jerk process

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 12:41 AM
He didn't tell the entire fan base to pound rocks. He told the ones that have been actively trying to tear down the program to. People like Shotgun, who openly said he was pulling for the Confederate Bastards to beat us. I'm not defending his coaching, but I will defend his defiance in the PC. He just voiced what a LOT of us were thinking.

You still don't get that that entire post was satire. A joke with just enough truth to make people think and put pressure on MSU.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 12:43 AM

Here’s the problem. MOST people criticize a coach at some point in time justified or not. Being criticized is an unfortunate part of the job. He basically made it sound like if you’ve ever criticized him to go **** off. Which is a pretty astounding lack of awareness to me.

So far his greatest feat is pissing off our fans and cigar boys after a top five all time Egg Bowl win.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 12:45 AM

I agree with this guy.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 12:46 AM
Understand completely but you still don't make hiring and firing decisions based off that.

It's an extremely primitive, knee jerk process

What y'all are doing is extremely primitive and like most primitive thought, is based almost entirely on emotion.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 12:47 AM

I don’t know where Wolken is getting that from. It sounds like at least opinion in part. I think Cohen would have protected Joe no matter what.

Just based on everything that has gone on.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 12:48 AM
You still don't get that that entire post was satire. A joke with just enough truth to make people think and put pressure on MSU.

You are a self proclaimed Confederate Bastard now. You can't even remotely presume to speak for US.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Here’s the problem. MOST people criticize a coach at some point in time justified or not. Being criticized is an unfortunate part of the job. He basically made it sound like if you’ve ever criticized him to go **** off. Which is a pretty astounding lack of awareness to me.

So far his greatest feat is pissing off our fans and cigar boys after a top five all time Egg Bowl win.
Yeah, he pissed off the Cigar Boys so bad he is still here. The only people that press conference pissed of were bit dogs. It's about the only thing I will i unreservedly defend him for. He said some things that absolutely needed to be said.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 12:59 AM
Yeah, he pissed off the Cigar Boys so bad he is still here. The only people that press conference pissed of were bit dogs. It's about the only thing I will i unreservedly defend him for. He said some things that absolutely needed to be said.

You can’t do that as a coach and then ask for support which hurts his and this our chance to succeed. It was monumentally Elijah Moore stupid.

The cigar boys are only going to put up with that for so long. And when they choke off the funds ad a football coach you’re ****ed.

runwildjerious
12-01-2019, 12:59 AM

So. He talks about how we have some mythology around last years team comparing them to the 85 Bears. Yet, he comes in bragging about asking them for their ring sizes. When he completely craps the bed last year now they become not as good as we were led to believe.

This year we blame tutorgate which did not really impact his offense.

He gets upset about people calling him out and tells us to kick rocks and pound sand. He is a freaking SEC head coach with the thinnest skin I have ever seen.

I get that he will be back next year. I also get that this university is really going to regret that decision.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:00 AM

So his critics can blast him, but how dare he defend himself? I'm surprised he was so restrained. He obviously knew he was in serious jeopardy of being sacked. I think the PC is THE reason he is still here. Again note the word "think". I don't know anything really. It has been proved neither does anyone that actually POSTS here. Not this time.

Really Clark?
12-01-2019, 01:02 AM

Then your defending a fool. They were not only the “bit dogs” analogy you keep using, only pissed. Those who backed Cohen and/or ambivalent to firing him were pissed at his comments. And let them know it pissed them off

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:05 AM
He didn't crap the bed last year as far as rational people went. Vegas pretty much nailed us. I nailed us although I got two games wrong, one each way. I missed on ONE game this year. Again, I'm not defending his coaching. I just have a hard time with people who set totally unrealistic goals and then go bonkers when those goals aren't met.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:06 AM
Then your defending a fool. They were not only the “bit dogs” analogy you keep using, only pissed. Those who backed Cohen and/or ambivalent to firing him were pissed at his comments. And let them know it pissed them off

Bit dogs almost always piss.

Really Clark?
12-01-2019, 01:08 AM
Bit dogs almost always piss.

Can you read? He pissed off people that were ambivalent or outright on John’s side with the decision. That’s not a bit dog. It’s a stupid analogy when he pissed off a whole lot more people than just his detractors.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 01:13 AM
So his critics can blast him, but how dare he defend himself? I'm surprised he was so restrained. He obviously knew he was in serious jeopardy of being sacked. I think the PC is THE reason he is still here. Again note the word "think". I don't know anything really. It has been proved neither does anyone that actually POSTS here. Not this time.

Effective leaders show self control. Joe has not shown self control multiple times this year.

If you?re worried about being fired you don?t piss more people off especially if the criticism is legit. You point out the positives.

PendingTransaction
12-01-2019, 01:20 AM
I was not offended by his PC remarks. I felt that he wasn’t the future of our program after last season. I think bringing in TS was a big gamble that has proved to be a losing one. At this point, I’m okay with giving him another year. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:21 AM
Can you read? He pissed off people that were ambivalent or outright on John’s side with the decision. That’s not a bit dog. It’s a stupid analogy when he pissed off a whole lot more people than just his detractors.

I don't think so. His fanatical detractors, the ones actively working against us, went nuts. A lot of others actually grudgingly smiled. That is where I am. If he pulls it off, he is my all time favorite coach here. It goes without saying now that if he does, he bolts for a better job. That is what the idiots have really accomplished. If he doesn't he will get fired anyway, so all people like Shotgun have done is hurt the program.

runwildjerious
12-01-2019, 01:25 AM
I don't think so. His fanatical detractors, the ones actively working against us, went nuts. A lot of others actually grudgingly smiled. That is where I am. If he pulls it off, he is my all time favorite coach here. It goes without saying now that if he does, he bolts for a better job. That is what the idiots have really accomplished. If he doesn't he will get fired anyway, so all people like Shotgun have done is hurt the program.

Let’s end this bullshit narrative that our fans are hurting our program. Joe 17’n Moorhead has hurt our program and, at this point, John Cohen is his accomplice. This dude is in over his head and we all know it. You can’t even defend his coaching abilities. We just want it to end before lasting damage is done.

Change is hard and it sucks sometimes, but if you know it has to happen why wait?

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:26 AM
Effective leaders show self control. Joe has not shown self control multiple times this year.

If you?re worried about being fired you don?t piss more people off especially if the criticism is legit. You point out the positives.. If you think you are going to be fired no matter what you do you speak your mind if you are any kind of man. This board said he was gone no matter what. He didn't give a damn anymore and he spoke his mind. It actually made me like the guy. I still ain't defending his coaching, but that PC earned him another year from me anyway.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:28 AM
Let’s end this bullshit narrative that our fans are hurting our program. Joe 17’n Moorhead has hurt our program and, at this point, John Cohen is his accomplice. This dude is in over his head and we all know it. You can’t even defend his coaching abilities. We just want it to end before lasting damage is done.

Change is hard and it sucks sometimes, but if you know it has to happen why wait?

Our fans, including you evidently, are doing way more damage than Joe long term. Coaches come and go. Fans don't.

War Machine Dawg

Slow Clap.gif

DogsofAnarchy

That’s not really fair Liverpool. John Cohen could have squashed this before the Egg Bowl. He could have made a statement after Thursday that said we support CJM but we have to find ways to get better and tweak our staff to make us stronger. That would have sufficed the crowd but instead he just remained silent and unsure. Because if winning that Egg Bowl was the difference then we need sweeping changes in our athletic administration. And I am like you, I want to win the Egg Bowl every time but you can’t base your entire business off of it.

Really Clark?
12-01-2019, 01:31 AM

Yeah just because you don’t think so doesn’t make it so. And I am not talking about Shotgun or his detractors on a message board. Again, for the third time, he pissed off donors who were backing him/Cohen or are ambivalent to the decision as well. His comments did not sit well with many people, NOT just his detractors.

cheewgumm
12-01-2019, 01:35 AM
He also talks about how easy it is to go 7-5... about AM....

?The only thing Jimbo Fisher proved going 7-5 this year at A&M is how easy it is to go 7-5. A&M beat one FCS team and six FBS teams who had a combined 23 wins?

You can schedule to 6-7 wins. We got 6. Ha

chainedup_Dawg
12-01-2019, 01:35 AM
Liver, I'm sorry but you don't "speak for us" either. I live here, am married to an OM girl and have condescending in laws. I too am involved in a community where there is a lot of old money, mostly OM people. While I never rooted for us to lose I also was hoping we'd still do what needed to be done. I've looked at the schedule next year and with what we lose from this team and from what I've seen of us the last 2 years 5-7 is what I see. That is more regression. He has improved absolutely NOTHING on this team. Not one damn thing...well, I take that back, our punter is better...woohoo. he apparently cannot recognize there are issues with his scheme and game plans and he cannot make changes throughout the game or season to correct said issues. He did it once last year with Auburn but hasn't even attempted since. There is no way at all this team should have lost to TN or KSU. there is also no way this team shouldn't have at least been competitive with A&M. To say otherwise is ridiculous. And there is no way the EB shouldve even come down to that last play. I'm sorry but beating 4 shit teams, a mediocre KY team who would more than likely beat us today and beating a shit OM team to limp into a crappy bowl after getting embarrassed in every other game should not be acceptable anymore. If it is, you are a hindrance

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2019, 01:36 AM
That’s not really fair Liverpool. John Cohen could have squashed this before the Egg Bowl. He could have made a statement after Thursday that said we support CJM but we have to find ways to get better and tweak our staff to make us stronger. That would have sufficed the crowd but instead he just remained silent and unsure. Because if winning that Egg Bowl was the difference then we need sweeping changes in our athletic administration. And I am like you, I want to win the Egg Bowl every time but you can?t base your entire business off of it.

You get it. But there's no point in arguing with the PTSD MSU crowd like Liver. They're the caricature part of the fan base that truly is content just to win the EB every year because they got Stockholm Syndrome when Vaught was beating us every year.

Charlie_Sheen420
12-01-2019, 01:39 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/13hIkIWmBwkoXm/source.gif

Jomo is really enjoying all the craziness/absurdity/insanity of this board the past 72 hours

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 01:43 AM
No way in heck should winning one game over ride the fact we looked like crap in most games this year. We are not improving. We commit the same penalties, we come out unprepared and undisciplined we make zero in game adjustments. Same story every freaking week! We beat weaker teams and get smoked by teams with a pulse. If he and the team showed progress I would feel differently but there is regression not progression. Mullen struggled in 2013 but I saw a young team that progressed as the year went on, this team is going backwards not forward.

Really Clark?
12-01-2019, 01:48 AM
No way in heck should winning one game over ride the fact we looked like crap in most games this year. We are not improving. We commit the same penalties, we come out unprepared and undisciplined we make zero in game adjustments. Same story every freaking week! We beat weaker teams and get smoked by teams with a pulse. If he and the team showed progress I would feel differently but there is regression not progression. Mullen struggled in 2013 but I saw a young team that progressed as the year went on, this team is going backwards not forward.

You can say the same thing about 2016 even though that is a major year his defenders have used to prop up Moorehead for this season. The last half of that year our offense made a lot of improvement and Dan told Sirmon he was gone at the end of the year before the season ended. He didn’t live with his mistake one game longer than he had to.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 01:50 AM
. If you think you are going to be fired no matter what you do you speak your mind if you are any kind of man. This board said he was gone no matter what. He didn't give a damn anymore and he spoke his mind. It actually made me like the guy. I still ain't defending his coaching, but that PC earned him another year from me anyway.

Not if you want another head coaching job somewhere else. You’re always selling yourself and right now Joe is doing a terrible job of it.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 01:51 AM
You can say the same thing about 2016 even though that is a major year his defenders have used to prop up Moorehead for this season. The last half of that year our offense made a lot of improvement and Dan told Sirmon he was gone at the end of the year before the season ended. He didn?t live with his mistake one game longer than he had to.

Agreed. Sirmon was the problem that year and dan eliminated that problem at the end of the year.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 01:53 AM
You can say the same thing about 2016 even though that is a major year his defenders have used to prop up Moorehead for this season. The last half of that year our offense made a lot of improvement and Dan told Sirmon he was gone at the end of the year before the season ended. He didn’t live with his mistake one game longer than he had to.

And like Dan in 2017 he’s going to have to hope a bunch of JUCO guys are going to bail him out. Well along with four juniors who could go to the NFL vs coming back.

At least Stevens and Guidry will be gone. That in and of itself is improvement by attrition.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 01:55 AM
Agreed. Sirmon was the problem that year and dan eliminated that problem at the end of the year.

We’ll see if Joe eliminates some of his problems. I’ll be surprised if Bichey and Jones are back. Very skeptical about him getting an OC. Of course after today he may not make any changes at all.

cheewgumm
12-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Won?t we just go 6-6 again and to another bowl? The schedule is butter.

He should do nothing. Tell us to kick rocks and just win 6. We?re not gonna do anything about it except pile in the Liberty Bowl.

Know your role.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 01:58 AM
We’ll see if Joe eliminates some of his problems. I’ll be surprised if Bichey and Jones are back. Very skeptical about him getting an OC. Of course after today he may not make any changes at all.

I want nothing more than for joe to succeed but based on the crap he's put on the field I don't have much confidence. Maybe he'll be forced to make changes but I doubt it and even then he's still the HC and his assts will have limited control. I'm hoping for better but realistically don't see it happening

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 01:59 AM
That’s not really fair Liverpool. John Cohen could have squashed this before the Egg Bowl. He could have made a statement after Thursday that said we support CJM but we have to find ways to get better and tweak our staff to make us stronger. That would have sufficed the crowd but instead he just remained silent and unsure. Because if winning that Egg Bowl was the difference then we need sweeping changes in our athletic administration. And I am like you, I want to win the Egg Bowl every time but you can’t base your entire business off of it.

Ah, the dreaded vote of confidence. That one is so cliche that if you get it in a sports management game I have been playing for 20 years, you always get fired within 2 weeks of getting it. That game absolutely mimics the real world there. Everybody that knows anything about sports knows this. If there was any chance at all we were not going to fire him, silence is golden. The public vote of confidence, even now amounts to a death sentence. You don't do it unless you are going to make a move, EVER.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 02:02 AM
Won?t we just go 6-6 again and to another bowl? The schedule is butter.

He should do nothing. Tell us to kick rocks and just win 6. We?re not gonna do anything about it except pile in the Liberty Bowl.

Know your role.

We absolutely could. New Mexico is 2-10. Does Bob Davie coach there? He sucks. NC State is 4-8 and they’re keeping their coach who is below average. Tulane who everyone is scared of is 6-6. Alabama A&M is a SWAC team. Arkansas will still be bad probably. Ole Miss’s schedule is brutal. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that we could win that one again if they’re beat down enough. Kentucky and Mizzou we can beat. Middle of our schedule is tough though.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 02:04 AM
I want nothing more than for joe to succeed but based on the crap he's put on the field I don't have much confidence. Maybe he'll be forced to make changes but I doubt it and even then he's still the HC and his assts will have limited control. I'm hoping for better but realistically don't see it happening

I agree. I really don’t know what it will take to get rid of him. I bet the cigar boys will be better prepared next time though.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2019, 02:08 AM

If you?re worried about being fired you don?t piss more people off especially if the criticism is legit. You point out the positives.

Effective leaders invite rational criticism, even if they don't embrace it. They do not, however, embrace emotional drivel.

Todd4State
12-01-2019, 02:16 AM
Effective leaders invite rational criticism, even if they don't embrace it. They do not, however, embrace emotional drivel.

There’s a difference between using criticism constructively and telling your critics to kick rocks at a press conference while still making the same mistakes over and over again.

smootness
12-01-2019, 05:54 AM

If that's the case, fire everyone. I would have fired him off the PC alone.

Cowbell
12-01-2019, 07:14 AM

Emotional drivel, huh? You should go watch his PCs after losses. Especially the Monday pressor after TN.

shrimp
12-01-2019, 07:43 AM
You can say the same thing about 2016 even though that is a major year his defenders have used to prop up Moorehead for this season. The last half of that year our offense made a lot of improvement and Dan told Sirmon he was gone at the end of the year before the season ended. He didn?t live with his mistake one game longer than he had to.

100% agreed.

Schultzy
12-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Bulldog Rags is suing Elijah Moore for Intentional Unsportsmanlike Conduct with Cohen as co-defendant.

Churchill
12-01-2019, 08:35 AM
I agree with this guy.

So do I.

Maroonthirteen
12-01-2019, 08:41 AM
This uninformed narrative that we kept Moorhead just because we won the EB is ridiculous. Just stop with that.

There are so many other factors that went into the decision. Y?all are watching from a 1000 feet up and think you know everything.

Dawgology
12-01-2019, 08:47 AM
JoMo is setting himself up to be unhireable. He’s underperforming. Hanging on by a thread. Cursing and fussing at fans and donors in his PC. Agreeing to buyouts, reneging, demanding more money because he got hurt feelings. If he fails next year he will he fired and he will be coaching in Juco.

Rex54
12-01-2019, 08:48 AM
This uninformed narrative that we kept Moorhead just because we won the EB is ridiculous. Just stop with that.

There are so many other factors that went into the decision. Y?all are watching from a 1000 feet up and think you know everything.

That and the old guard are a bunch of hardy-har hurr hurr small thinking losers who just want to bantz their ole miss colleagues about the Egg Bowl rather than go for more. “We rarely went to bowl games back in my day, y’all member tech and 10, we ain’t changin’ a corch that goes to a bowl and beats them darn Rebs”.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 08:48 AM

Of course this is correct, but we can only go off of what the media knows and reports

Good athletic departments control the narrative. So is MSU doesn't want fans to believe A when B is true, then they need to use their PR skills to get their message out to the public

Maroonthirteen
12-01-2019, 08:49 AM

I?m pretty sure JoMo thanked the ?majority? of the fan base for showing up and their support Thursday night.

... and btw, I liked what he said. It needed to be said. Because all State fans need to get on board and pull the rope to win this bowl game, stay positive and keep recruiting going.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2019, 08:49 AM
That and the old guard are a bunch of hardy-har hurr hurr small thinking losers who just want to bantz their ole miss colleagues about the Egg Bowl rather than go for more. “We rarely went to bowl games back in my day, y’all member tech and 10, we ain’t changin’ a corch that goes to a bowl and beats them darn Rebs”.

Agree.

That line of thinking has to die off

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 09:18 AM

Not one single person on any message board or huddle house breakfast meeting has done more to tear down our program than sloppy Jo. If you cannot see the press conference as a man who knows he is a failure, backed into a corner, and lashing out to save his job, then you are not living in reality.

For you to say he was talking to the people who are trying to tear down his program, tells me a lot about you. Similar to SloMo, in the sense your actions are the reason for your failure, yet you project your own actions on others to save yourself.

If JoVester is really concerned about addressing the people tearing down the program, why didn?t he just go to his safe space after the game and talk to himself?

Did I miss anything?

DownwardDawg
12-01-2019, 09:25 AM
I miss Greg Byrne right now.

KB21
12-01-2019, 09:42 AM

You still don?t get it. What hurts this program is keeping this incompetent coach. The fans who are against him have done nothing to hurt this program. If anything, their motives are clearly to make the program better and get it back to what it was under Dan at the very least.

KB21
12-01-2019, 09:53 AM
I?m pretty sure JoMo thanked the ?majority? of the fan base for showing up and their support Thursday night.

... and btw, I liked what he said. It needed to be said. Because all State fans need to get on board and pull the rope to win this bowl game, stay positive and keep recruiting going.

You know what. The fans aren?t the one that is putting an undisciplined, unprepared product on the field. The fans aren?t the one who is supposedly an offensive genius that was supposed to give us an edge with his play calling ability. The fans aren?t the one that have failed to properly prepare the team to play when you have two weeks to prepare TWICE this season. The fans aren?t the one that has underachieved the past two seasons. The fans aren?t the one that have let the strength and conditioning program decline rapidly.

But you know what? The fans ARE going to be a big part in getting change made after this. When that stadium is half empty in most games next season. When BDC donations decline. When Starkville businesses start hurting some during the 2020 season, not only will Joe Moorhead be rightfully fired. John Cohen is in the crosshairs now as well. I know I will be letting my feelings known with the administration.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2019, 12:01 PM
I miss Greg Byrne right now.

We all do. Last outsider AD, even though he spent 2 years in the BC before becoming AD. He wasn't beholden to the Virginia Slims and had a set of balls allowing him to make hard but correct decisions.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 12:40 PM
You know what. The fans aren?t the one that is putting an undisciplined, unprepared product on the field. The fans aren?t the one who is supposedly an offensive genius that was supposed to give us an edge with his play calling ability. The fans aren?t the one that have failed to properly prepare the team to play when you have two weeks to prepare TWICE this season. The fans aren?t the one that has underachieved the past two seasons. The fans aren?t the one that have let the strength and conditioning program decline rapidly.

But you know what? The fans ARE going to be a big part in getting change made after this. When that stadium is half empty in most games next season. When BDC donations decline. When Starkville businesses start hurting some during the 2020 season, not only will Joe Moorhead be rightfully fired. John Cohen is in the crosshairs now as well. I know I will be letting my feelings known with the administration.

Very well said. Joe and his posse can get indignant all they want but he's the problem not the fans that want better out of our program than we're getting from joe. He's our employee and he's paid handsomely. I expect more out of him than the non competitive crap he's put on the field. It's our program and he was hired to mange our program and he hasn't lived up to his part of it. And when we're non competitive un prepared and sloppy next year and Davis Wade is a ghost town maybe some folks will figure it out.

TimberBeast
12-01-2019, 12:49 PM

He told you to go 17 yourself, that this is his team, not ours, and you just roll over and follow him into the fire he created. You have the biggest loser mentality that I?ve ever seen. Have some damn respect for yourself. I?ll never pull for moorhead, he completely lost me and most others that I know. He?ll never be successful here now. It can?t work.

PMDawg
12-01-2019, 02:25 PM
This is a lie. I too live here, and work at a place that is a very heavy MSU grad work force. I have never heard anyone say this. We want to be better than just 1 pt better than ole miss.

was21
12-01-2019, 02:32 PM
I don't know you but that's a lot of bravado under an anonymous moniker on a message board

PMDawg
12-01-2019, 04:04 PM
You keep telling us you're a leader, and now hinting it's in sports management. There's no way in Hell either are true. You're clueless.

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2019, 07:40 PM

My eligibility is up so I can?t help em any.

R2Dawg
12-01-2019, 07:56 PM
You can?t do that as a coach and then ask for support which hurts his and this our chance to succeed. It was monumentally Elijah Moore stupid.

The cigar boys are only going to put up with that for so long. And when they choke off the funds ad a football coach you?re ****ed.

So true. His actions alone prove or use his words validate he is not SEC HC material. That was the dumbest move ever by a HC.

Also, he has no reason to be mad. He got a big time job in SEC and his O sucks for two years. That is not fan opinion that is fact. He lucked up and inherited Best D in nation out of 130+ teams (pretty close to bears best out of 32 teams). Joe has validated that he is clueless.

R2Dawg
12-01-2019, 07:58 PM
He told you to go 17 yourself, that this is his team, not ours, and you just roll over and follow him into the fire he created. You have the biggest loser mentality that I?ve ever seen. Have some damn respect for yourself. I?ll never pull for moorhead, he completely lost me and most others that I know. He?ll never be successful here now. It can?t work.

This^^^^^

MarketingBully
12-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Wolken just released his weekend article & here is my single thought:

No matter what side of this issue you fall on, pro-Mo or Go-Mo, every person that supports & loves Mississippi State University should demand better decision making processes than this.

Deciding the fate of a coach based on the outcome of 1 game is not a process. That's a knee jerk & emotional decision that isn't based on what is best for the future of the program but rather what feels good or right in the moment.

So that's where I stand. I ask that MSU implement & develop better decision making policies. If anyone actually ran a business this way, they'd go out of business very soon.

MSU deserves a better, more thoughtful decision making process & plan than this.

The poor leadership at MSU isn't that they decided to keep Joe. It's that they actually made that decision off the outcome of the Egg Bowl & that should scare everyone.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/11/30/college-football-week-14-takeaways-utah-oklahoma-cfb-playoff/4344810002/

https://i.imgur.com/cvmLEgl.jpg

Matt Luke?s firing cane down to losing the Egg Bowl. He was fired on an emotional reaction. Had he won he?d still be Ole Miss? coach. Chad Morris was fired because he lost by 30 to a G5 program in Western Kentucky. Keeping and losing your job are done on the thinnest of margins in college football. Had we beat Ole Miss in 2008, does the Ninja fire Croom? This argument is silly. Do I like Moorhead? No. Do I want him gone? Yes. But the win to get to 6-6 and a bowl game does warrant possibly a third year if he shakes up his staff a bit mainly S&C and special teams. I?d also like it if he hired an OC and concentrate more on having a disciplined program and pay attention to detail.