PDA

View Full Version : Win 6 and no bowl

BulldogBear
10-29-2013, 01:54 PM
It has suddenly occurred to me that it is still numerically possible for 12 SEC schools to end up bowl eligible. We better be shooting for 7 wins because I could see us being the 12th man out if not. And that is assuming we (the SEC) get 2 into the BCS which is likely but I am not convinced is a forgone conclusion. If not we would only have 10 tie-ins. in either case I feel like a 6-6 MSU would possibly be stuck with nowhere to go unless there were an open slot somewhere else some other conference had not filled. It depends on who those last 2 wins are. If it's 3-9 Arkansas and 7-5 Ole Miss I don't think we get in over 6-6 Tennessee, Georgia or Florida if one of them blows at the end of the season.

So, we want Mullen to finish strong and get to 6. He's staying anyway but does getting to 6, but getting screwed out of a bowl, still make this stuff go away or not?

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
We'll be in a bowl if we go 6-6.

Dawg61
10-29-2013, 01:59 PM
No possible way we get screwed out of a bowl. We can always take La. Tech's spot when they decline.

drunkernhelldawg
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
We'll be in a bowl if we go 6-6.

That'll be a tough one to brag about.

curmudgeon
I posted this about two weeks ago. Heart of Dallas and Ponsettia Bowls aren't going to be filled. And if we are going to be 6-6, I'd rather go to Dallas or San Diego than Shreveport or Birmingham.

Dawg61
That'll be a tough one to brag about.

Didn't stop Ole Miss

msstate7
10-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Didn't stop Ole Miss

Magical season

messageboardsuperhero
10-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Didn't stop Ole Miss

Shit, the way they talked about it, you would have thought the damn Birmingham Bowl is just as good as the Sugar Bowl.

BulldogBear
10-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Shit, the way they talked about it, you would have thought the damn Birmingham Bowl is just as good as the Sugar Bowl.

They weren't in the Sugar Bowl last year? **

DownwardDawg
10-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Didn't stop Ole Miss

Wait. One. Minute!!! Ole miss went 6-6 last year? GTFO of here!!

BulldogBear
10-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I posted this about two weeks ago. Heart of Dallas and Ponsettia Bowls aren't going to be filled. And if we are going to be 6-6, I'd rather go to Dallas or San Diego than Shreveport or Birmingham.

Missed that. Glad to know!! Still wanna get to 7 though. If we are in a smaller SEC bowl I hope we can get to Liberty. I get cheap 30 yard line tickets. But if we do I hope it's not the like the debacle last time where you didn't get to your seats till the 2nd qtr

Barking 13
10-29-2013, 02:11 PM
stranger things have happened.... if it's left up to Slive, we'll be sitting at home...

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Something tells me to not worry about this whole 6-6 situation....hope I'm wrong though.

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Something tells me to not worry about this whole 6-6 situation....hope I'm wrong though.

Come on man. We aren't gonna beat Bama but we'll beat the Hogs and OM. And mark my words, we'll give Carolina and A&M all they can stand for 4 quarters. This team and these coaches are ready to turn the corner.

Coach34
10-29-2013, 02:24 PM

I'm not worried either- we're pretty much a lock

blacklistedbully
10-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Come on man. We aren't gonna beat Bama but we'll beat the Hogs and OM. And mark my words, we'll give Carolina and A&M all they can stand for 4 quarters. This team and these coaches are ready to turn the corner.

For most of the season I felt nearly 100% positive we were gonna beat OM. Not anymore. I hope for it, but have a very uneasy feeling. They kicked our ass last year, and I just haven't seen enough from either team to make me feel like there is going to be a big change. I think we have a better team, but worry we will continue to step on our own dicks.

Dawg61
10-29-2013, 02:43 PM
We will not be within 4 TD's of aTm. WE CAN NOT TACKLE JFF.

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 02:50 PM
People bitch about our Sports Marketing Dept but it's "fans" like you who are the real problem.

blacklistedbully
10-29-2013, 03:14 PM

Do you expect their defense to stop us much? I don't think we'd have to stop JFF but once or twice more than they stop us. Is it really so absurd to think their defense will struggle as much or more with our offense than we will with theirs?

Homedawg
10-29-2013, 03:15 PM

Will James will be devastated when he reads this.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Do you expect their defense to stop us much? I don't think we'd have to stop JFF but once or twice more than they stop us. Is it really so absurd to think their defense will struggle as much or more with our offense than we will with theirs?

They won't have to, we'll stop ourselves with dumbass play calls

Johnson85
10-29-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm not worried either- we're pretty much a lock

No doubt we should be pretty much a lock, but ignoring Troy and Jackson St., we've showed up for 3 quarters of LSU, most of the Auburn game, and half of the UK and BG. Our defense also showed up for basically the entire Ok St. game. You think we're going to win a game other than Arkansas playing less than 4 quarters? If so, which one? Or is there something that makes you think we'll come out and compete for a whole game?

was21
10-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Could be because they're positive thinkers for the most part

MadDawg
10-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Wait. One. Minute!!! Ole miss went 6-6 last year? GTFO of here!!

Difference is they were excited about 6-6 and going to a bowl. We will be ready to fire our coach.

CJDAWG85
10-29-2013, 03:58 PM

Did you watch him against Vandy? He looked good throwing the ball, but he wasn't the same scrambling. He would usually cut it up field, but he ran toward the sidelines to avoid getting hit. But he would still torch us by throwing the ball.

dickiedawg
10-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Come on man. We aren't gonna beat Bama but we'll beat the Hogs and OM. And mark my words, we'll give Carolina and A&M all they can stand for 3 quarters.

FTFY.

Dawg61
10-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Did you watch him against Vandy? He looked good throwing the ball, but he wasn't the same scrambling. He would usually cut it up field, but he ran toward the sidelines to avoid getting hit. But he would still torch us by throwing the ball.

His shoulder got bruised not his legs or ego. His ability to scramble till downfield receivers get open, our inability to tackle him AT ALL and our young and injured secondary trying to cover a huge NFL 1st round receiver makes this game a total blowout. We could keep the game closer if aTm had Peyton Manning not JFF. Seriously. It'd be closer vs Peyton.

Ronny
10-29-2013, 05:09 PM
..there is no possible scenario that will keep us out of a bowl if we finish 6-6.

The only catch is we'll get sent to the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, NC where it'll be 30 degrees & sleeting.

It will be our honor to play the fighting Cutcliffe's or some other crap ACC team.

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 05:39 PM
I just dont get why everyone is so down on our coaches. People complain about halftime adjustments but our coaches are putting our guys in position to make plays, they just havent in the second half of some games. I think it's more of a depth issue really. We have been decimated by injury in the secondary this season.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 05:48 PM
People complain about halftime adjustments but our coaches are putting our guys in position to make plays, they just havent in the second half of some games.

So making Dak pass 3 straight times with a lead is putting him in the right position to succeed? Running Perkins inside? Running Griffin outside? Throwing no deep passes so the box is stacked constantly? Running Tyler on 3rd and short? Burning Shumps redshirt and then not playing him? Not playing our best RB Josh Robinson? Etc, etc , etc, etc, etc....

Get that garbage outta here. What a bunch of shit. It almost offends me that you could post that trash in front of people that invest as much as we do in this football team.

cheewgumm
10-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Hahaha...fantastic.

It almost offends me that you could post that trash in front of people that invest as much as we do in this football team.

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 05:59 PM
I invest just as much time, money and emotion into our team as you do. Recruiting hasnt been lights out but it has been steadily improving. Mullen is about to take us to our 4th straight bowl game. Why don't you google the last time that happened ? Our coaches and players are putting forth all the effort they possibly can so that MSU will continue to succeed. There's a lot to be said for that.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Our coaches are putting forth all the effort they possibly can

http://gandgtrash.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/trash.gif

Garbage

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Why dont you google "MSU football coaches alltime winning %" while youre at it. Maybe you havent realized it yet, but we arent Alabama, we are the SEC school located an hour and a half west of their campus.

Dawg61
10-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Why dont you google "MSU football coaches alltime winning %" while youre at it. Maybe you havent realized it yet, but we arent Alabama, we are the SEC school located an hour and a half west of their campus.

Are you from the past Michael J. Fox? Use your Flux Copacitor and join us in 2013. You're stuck in "Poor Ol Miss. State" mode still. Join the $70+ million MSU not the $12 million one.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 06:32 PM

Poor little ole Misipi Tate just can't evah compete because they nevah evah have.

http://www.twopond.com/picture/sheep%20face.gif?pictureId=12913687&asGalleryImage=true

dawgs
10-29-2013, 06:32 PM
stranger things have happened.... if it's left up to Slive, we'll be sitting at home...

Lulz sure thing. He'd just turn down the money and publicity for the conference. We may not be his favorite in the conference but he doesn't actively hate us to the point of hurting the conference to screw us.

dawgs
10-29-2013, 06:41 PM
There is almost a 0% chance the sec doesn't get 2 teams in the BCS. There are 10 BCS slots. 6 automatic qualifiers (SEC. ACC, PAC 12, big 12, big 10, AAC), so 4 spots left to go. AAC isn't getting a 2nd team in. So that leaves the other 5 conferences and Fresno/northern Illinois competing for the other 4 spots. Most likely the big 10 doesn't get a 2nd team in, since it's the lowest rated of the big 5 conferences and doesn't have any highly rated teams behind Ohio st. And if a mid-major crashes the BCS, it'll likely be at the expense of the big 12 or maybe the ACC is Clemson drops another game.

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 06:51 PM
I never said that. I guess misspelling every word and talking like a Southern Belle in distress is supposed to upset me but sorry, it doesnt.

We have competed in the past and we competed well in 2010. We have missed on wayyyy too many OL recruiting targets over the past 3 or 4 years and that is really what's hurting us now. But it isnt like we arent recruiting at a higher level. We are going to have our 3rd consecutive 1st round draft selection after this season. Why dont you google the last time that happened as well CD ?

Let me guess, if we hire Hud we'll start bringing in 2 first rounders in every recruiting class and LSU and Bama will have to move over and make room for MSU ?!?! Gimme a break.

Dawg61
10-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Who was our 1st round pick in 2013? Slay & Banks went 2nd round.

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Sorry. I thought Slay was the last player taken in the 1st round. But you get my point nonetheless.

Radddawg
10-29-2013, 07:34 PM
If we hold on against Auburn all of this Hud crap wouldnt even be taking place. Say what you want about the coaches but that last TD drive by them had nothing to do with offensive play calling.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2013, 07:37 PM
If we hold on against Auburn all of this Hud crap wouldnt even be taking place. Say what you want about the coaches but that last TD drive by them had nothing to do with offensive play calling.

Let's not go down that road again. We scored Zero 4th quarter points after our defense forced 2 turnovers.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 09:26 PM

You are truly ****ing clueless. You're right, their drive had nothing to do with offense....but the fact that we could have put the game away in the second half but your husband chose to go into a stall kept us from winning. And do you not think Dan could have looked over and told Collins to get out of the damn prevent defense?

I'm sorry to upset you, Megan, but you aren't right on this one. I hope he turns it around starting this week, but your lame and awful attempts at trying to make your husband's coaching seem better are falling on deaf ears because you are just flat out wrong.

You might as well just give it up.