PDA

View Full Version : Billy Napier

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Right now is tied with UL Monroe at 14 all. I thought all you geniuses said games with this kind of talent disparity should be blow outs. Shouldn't I expect more?

OLJWales
11-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Right now is tied with UL Monroe at 14 all. I thought all you geniuses said games with this kind of talent disparity should be blow outs. Shouldn't I expect more?

You really don't think too much, do you?

confucius say
11-30-2019, 09:04 PM
His state of mind this week was probably a little off

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 09:05 PM
You really don't think too much, do you?

He's more concerned with being an internet asshat and sticking it to people with the guts to post rumors they're hearing, knowing they might not pan out and making no guarantees their info is correct, than wanting the best for the program. His ilk and the Virginia Slims deserve each other.

NeuteredDawg

He knows he is leaving****

msstate7
Yeah, we better get a coach that has never had a close game

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 09:06 PM
His state of mind this week was probably a little off

I see what you did there. Subtle. Well done.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 09:06 PM
I want my blowout. That's what I was told to expect when you are so much better than the team you are playing. No one liked our Egg Bowl win because we got outgained and only won because Matt Luke wanted us too.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2019, 09:08 PM
I want my blowout. That's what I was told to expect when you are so much better than the team you are playing. No one liked our Egg Bowl win because we got outgained and only won because Matt Luke wanted us too.

You should probably wait until a game is over before determining whether or not it's a blowout.

fader2103
11-30-2019, 09:08 PM
21-14 halftime

Coursesuper
11-30-2019, 09:12 PM
I am being to really doubt humanity. I’m pretty sure our civilization is nearing the end.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2019, 09:15 PM
I am being to really doubt humanity. I’m pretty sure our civilization is nearing the end.

It has to be.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 09:15 PM

You're not far from wrong my friend.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 09:16 PM

Maybe the funniest thing you've ever said! Have some rep!

defiantdog
11-30-2019, 09:17 PM
Some people should post less

fader2103
11-30-2019, 09:18 PM
You're not far from wrong my friend.

What are you hearing about end of civilization lol

bobcat91
He's more concerned with being an internet asshat and sticking it to people with the guts to post rumors they're hearing, knowing they might not pan out and making no guarantees their info is correct, than wanting the best for the program. His ilk and the Virginia Slims deserve each other.

All guys like you do is talk shit. Period. This site is full of know nothings who want to act like they are in the know. I put my money where my mouth is: most of the guys on here give almost nothing, but talk like they own the program. The feeling of self importance is high here. I just shine the light on idiocy.

To top it off, watch the Sunbelt game next week. Napier is going to get his ass handed to him again by Drinkwitz. Hes who we should be after.

CovertDawg
Joe Moorhead will be our coach next year....and Billy Napier is a very good coach. Both things can be true.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2019, 09:20 PM

That's it's real close lol!!!!

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 09:29 PM

"If Jomo SUCKS, why'd we want to hire a coach that LOST to JoMo TWICE!!!??? Checkmate morons, JoMo is clearly better than Napier"

People actually did make this argument when it comes to Clawson. I heard "He's getting blown out by Clemson, I'll pass" as if Wake is a comparable program lol

Then they shoot down all the coordinators because they have no HC experience

Coursesuper
11-30-2019, 09:30 PM
All guys like you do is talk shit. Period. This site is full of know nothings who want to act like they are in the know. I put my money where my mouth is: most of the guys on here give almost nothing, but talk like they own the program. The feeling of self importance is high here. I just shine the light on idiocy.

To top it off, watch the Sunbelt game next week. Napier is going to get his ass handed to him again by Drinkwitz. Hes who we should be after.

Sir, your knowledge of all things football is literally breathtaking. You are truly a man amongst men, a manly man doing manly things on a minute by minute basis.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 09:50 PM

I've never, ever claimed to be an insider or have sources. But I respect those who are willing to share what they hear, knowing it might not turn out like they were told. All YOU do is take potshots at those willing to share because their info - that they NEVER guaranteed was 100% solid - didn't pan out. You're an internet badass. Bet you'd try to meet me on South Farm for a fight, too. But keep up the good fight, Billy Badass. Maybe one day you'll realize rumors are just that and encouraged as part of the discourse here.

TUSK
11-30-2019, 09:51 PM

To top it off, watch the Sunbelt game next week.Napier is going to get his ass handed to him again by Drinkwitz.Hes who we should be after.

What's your "give or take" bet?

I'll be your huckleberry...

ps: don't do it.

DDawg
11-30-2019, 09:55 PM
Bobcat you have a great point about Drinkwitz, never understood why he hasnt come up more in talks

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 10:00 PM
I've never, ever claimed to be an insider or have sources. But I respect those who are willing to share what they hear, knowing it might not turn out like they were told. All YOU do is take potshots at those willing to share because their info - that they NEVER guaranteed was 100% solid - didn't pan out. You're an internet badass. Bet you'd try to meet me on South Farm for a fight, too. But keep up the good fight, Billy Badass. Maybe one day you'll realize rumors are just that and encouraged as part of the discourse here.

No interest in fighting. All the folks who want to run Moorhead out of town have zero respect for those who have a different opinion. I'd give Moorhead another year. That's my position, but if hes gone I'm not shedding tears. On the other hand, ever rumor posted has been nothing. Hes still here and appears to be next year. I honestly dont get the Napier talk except he isnt Moorhead. Watch Drinkwitz next week. He has beating Napier earlier in the year, and I think he would be perfect here. He needs one more year of seasoning. Keeping Moorhead here another year fits my time frame.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 10:01 PM
Bobcat you have a great point about Drinkwitz, never understood why he hasnt come up more in talks

He has star written all over him

DDawg
11-30-2019, 10:08 PM
He has star written all over him

I think he has an interesting background, and intrigues me far more than Napier.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2019, 10:12 PM

My source which is the word of god says it is coming. Me personally hope it is by zombies.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:02 PM
ULL won by 1 point over a badly overmatched ULM when a chip shot FG was missed. He must have watched our game***

Rex54
11-30-2019, 11:02 PM
Congrats Billy Napier on a 10 win season!

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 11:11 PM
ULL won by 1 point over a badly overmatched ULM when a chip shot FG was missed. He must have watched our game***

You know Dabo lost to Syracuse a few years ago, right? And Ed O to Troy? And Norvell only beat Tulsa by 1 and lost to Temple. Even App State lost to Ga Southern!

Guess that just leaves Saban as the only guy left who never has a close game/loss to a team he clearly should beat. Not sure what his buyout is though... Anyway, we can't settle for that 10-2 ULL guy because he had a close win is the clear point

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:14 PM
You know Dabo lost to Syracuse a few years ago, right? And Ed O to Troy? And Norvell only beat Tulsa by 1 and lost to Temple. Even App State lost to Ga Southern!

Guess that just leaves Saban as the only guy left who never has a close game/loss to a team he clearly should beat. Not sure what his buyout is though... Anyway, we can't settle for that 10-2 ULL guy because he had a close win is the clear point
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of criticizing Moorhead for the same thing in the Egg Bowl.

OLJWales
11-30-2019, 11:15 PM

This site has more insight than you will ever know

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:18 PM
This site has more insight than you will ever know

It is the best State sight for bullshit rumors, damaging the fan base and stroking a few egos. I'll give you that. Proving real info. Not so much

RiverCityDawg
11-30-2019, 11:21 PM
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of criticizing Moorhead for the same thing in the Egg Bowl.

Good grief, man. The point was that the win in the egg bowl shouldn't save him, not that's its cause for him to be fired. Had we won 10 games this year like Napier no one would care about winning by one point. The fact that you think these two situations are similar says a lot about you.

KB21
11-30-2019, 11:23 PM

Realize that Joe Moorhead has not won a single game against a team with a higher FPI than Mississippi State and has lost 5 games to teams with lower FPIs than Mississippi State in his two years. Napier is a better coach and a better fit at Mississippi State.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:23 PM
Good grief, man. The point was that the win in the egg bowl shouldn't save him, not that's its cause for him to be fired. Had we won 10 games this year like Napier no one would care about winning by one point. The fact that you think these two situations are similar says a lot about you.

Say it with me. Head Coach Joe Moorhead. Its cathartic

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:25 PM
Realize that Joe Moorhead has not won a single game against a team with a higher FPI than Mississippi State and has lost 5 games to teams with lower FPIs than Mississippi State in his two years. Napier is a better coach and a better fit at Mississippi State.

Outside of Kirby Smart, who from Saban's coaching tree has had real success? That's my problem with Napier. I dont think he can win at MSU like a lot of others do.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 11:25 PM

Buddy, if Joe was 9-2 going into the EB and eaked out a 1 point win we'd all be willing to give him $6M to stay another year and pray he took it.

Nobody is saying this game was Napiers best, or that it's why we should hire him. We're looking at his resume. And stinkers or not, he's 10-2 in his 2nd year at a program under probation and he has the #1 class in his conference ready to sign for the 2nd straight year

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:30 PM
Buddy, if Joe was 9-2 going into the EB and eaked out a 1 point win we'd all be willing to give him $6M to stay another year and pray he took it.

Nobody is saying this game was Napiers best, or that it's why we should hire him. We're looking at his resume. And stinkers or not, he's 10-2 in his 2nd year at a program under probation and he has the #1 class in his conference ready to sign for the 2nd straight year

Before you crown him, he lost to Ap State Coached by Drinkwitz. He is going to lose to him again next week. We are looking at the wrong guy

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 11:32 PM
Outside of Kirby Smart, who from Saban's coaching tree has had real success? That's my problem with Napier. I don't think he can win at MSU like a lot of others do.

I agree the saban/Dabo stuff is way overblown.. I'm sure every coach picks up some stuff but overall they seem to be what they are regardless. I do like that he's seen 2 real, highly successful recruiting system up close and personal. That's an element of being a HC that could genuinely be missed out on otherwise.

However, it would be crazy to say that coaching under Saban is a detriment on his resume. He's recruited in AL and MS and no doubt is familiar with the.. .tactics... of teams in this division. He won't be taken by surprise when certain recruits flip without warning. Couple that with the fact his run heavy system would work far better than most at State, is extremely effective currently at ULL, and he's 10-2, and I don't think we need to lean on his Saban time to say he'd be a decent hire. It's all gamble either way but he's got the resume.

Far better resume than Moorhead, who only had a 10 win season at the northern FCS level, never proved he could recruit, never coached near MS, and put up worse offensive numbers than Napier is now using a system that a worse fit for us

msugolf
11-30-2019, 11:33 PM
Say it with me. Head Coach Joe Moorhead. Its cathartic

Why are you here if you hate all the posters so much? Do you feel you have a civic duty to fulfill? Or do you just enjoy being an asshole to people you disagree with? Cause I know when I don't like a certain group I tend to stay clear of them.

So what is your goal being here cause you damn sure aren't changing any opinions?

chainedup_Dawg
11-30-2019, 11:33 PM

This exactly. We should have never been in that position Thursday night. Hill rush to about mid filed for about 18 yards, next 3 plays are pass plays then a punt....WTF.....3rd and 3 dropping back Shrader to pass, sacked......WTF.....4th and 20 for OM, 50 yard gain after a timeout call where we actually intercept the pass that was going to be short of the line to gain anyway....WTF....it's not that we won, it's how we won and all the WTF moments in EVERY game and the team looking weak and undisciplined in every game, not to mentioned unprepared that has us wanting to fire the guy. Forgive us for wanting more than squeaking into a crap bowl at 6-6 with no wins over even remotely equally talented teams. It really seems like you got your tits in a twist all because people wouldnt drop names they were hearing in their "info" posts earlier and haven't let it go

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 11:34 PM
Before you crown him, he lost to Ap State Coached by Drinkwitz. He is going to lose to him again next week. We are looking at the wrong guy

May be. How long has he been at App State? Scatterfield has only been gone 2 years, right? I REALLY don't like to hire a guy who's crowning success has come at an already built program using a proven coaches' players.

KB21
11-30-2019, 11:34 PM
Drinkwitz also inherited a program that was already strong

As far as Saban assistants who have done well, Jeremy Pruitt has Tennessee turned around and pointed in the right direction.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:41 PM
May be. How long has he been at App State? Scatterfield has only been gone 2 years, right? I REALLY don't like to hire a guy who's crowning success has come at an already built program using a proven coaches' players.

That's why I said I'd like to see him another year. Joe staying another year fills that. He took over the program from Satterfield and they haven't missed a beat. Rated in the top 25, 11-1, and are playing ULL for the Sunbelt Championship. He was under Satterfield and Malzahn and I think he can be a breakout coach.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 11:42 PM

That's probably what's making other programs shy away from Moorhead.

bobcat91
11-30-2019, 11:42 PM
Drinkwitz also inherited a program that was already strong

As far as Saban assistants who have done well, Jeremy Pruitt has Tennessee turned around and pointed in the right direction.

He has an overall losing record at UT with twice the talent State has. His 7-5 breakout season doesnt wow me.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 11:49 PM
He has an overall losing record at UT with twice the talent State has. His 7-5 breakout season doesnt wow me.

You are so intellectually dishonest. "breakout season"? Literally nobody said that, and of course he's still in the rebuild phase so the season doesn't "wow" you. Alt that was said ifs he's turned it around, which he had. YOu know that, yet you said "breakout season" anyway.

And "twice the talent State has"? How many UT player were drafted last year? Zero if I'm remembering right. Now, is there any sudden recruiting explosion in the current Jr class that would cause a big increase in that number? Not according to 247. How many players are projected to be drafted? How many All SEC players do they have? You throw that "twice the talent" line based on very little data. Pretty sure you're just a troll based on the intellectual sleights of hand you keep making

KB21
11-30-2019, 11:49 PM

He inherited a mess. That program is getting better under him. Mississippi State should have hired him.

StarkVegasSteve
11-30-2019, 11:51 PM
It is the best State sight for bullshit rumors, damaging the fan base and stroking a few egos. I'll give you that. Proving real info. Not so much

Then leave. Please we’re all begging you. All you’ve done is taken shots at people providing what they’ve heard. You’ve provided nothing to any topic over the last week except trying to stir the pot. So if all we have is bs rumors then why do you keep posting? Go over to Gene’s Page and worship at the Rosey alter with all the other sunshine pumpers.

tireddawg
11-30-2019, 11:57 PM

I agree to some extent on Drinkwitz, told my bud the other day we should keep an eye on him, but it seems this board makes you angry. Why do you read and post? You've been harping on it a while now. Why not let it go? I'm beginning to worry about you. Did you miss a meeting with your therapists? I'll pray for you. I do hope you'll be ok buddy.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2019, 12:00 AM

He's not playing them with our talent. He's playing them with ULL's talent, which ain't much.

RougeDawg
12-01-2019, 12:05 AM

So are you calling national media sources who had heard everything posted here Thursday, idiots? I know some and they all confirmed what people were posting. They were actually surprised that this many people outside of the normal channels knew so many details about what had taken place and the plan going forward.

Equally they all texted me yesterday and today in shock that they could not believe we were keeping SloMo after Thursday.

It was a given he was gone unless he showed progress and a competent team in the Egg Bowl. Winning against a shit team, on a dumbass penalty was all they needed to know SloMo was gone.

This is why the national media guys, along with those who knew on here, are shocked from the tweets today.

Shall I continue?

Commercecomet24
12-01-2019, 12:10 AM
So are you calling national media sources who had heard everything posted here Thursday, idiots? I know some and they all confirmed what people were posting. They were actually surprised that this many people outside of the normal channels knew so many details about what had taken place and the plan going forward.

Equally they all texted me yesterday and today in shock that they could not believe we were keeping SloMo after Thursday.

It was a given he was gone unless he showed progress and a competent team in the Egg Bowl. Winning against a shit team, on a dumbass penalty was all they needed to know SloMo was gone.

This is why the national media guys, along with those who knew on here, are shocked from the tweets today.

Shall I continue?

Right on! You nailed it man! Shocked and cluster 17 are the words I've heard over and over and over the last 2 days! Heck man there are current players on the team that said joe was gone and they were shocked too. Don't know how much more we can tell people!

bobcat91
12-01-2019, 12:29 AM
I'm here because there is a mass insanity and rage that is unbelievable. Make all the threads you like. Give out all the rumors you like. Pat each other on the back. Moorhead is still the head coach and will be this upcoming year. It's time to get over it and move on.

msstate7
12-01-2019, 07:06 AM
That's why I said I'd like to see him another year. Joe staying another year fills that. He took over the program from Satterfield and they haven't missed a beat. Rated in the top 25, 11-1, and are playing ULL for the Sunbelt Championship. He was under Satterfield and Malzahn and I think he can be a breakout coach.

Larry Coker took over for Butch Davis, and didn't miss a beat year 1

BhamDawg205
12-01-2019, 09:52 AM
I'm here because there is a mass insanity and rage that is unbelievable. Make all the threads you like. Give out all the rumors you like. Pat each other on the back. Moorhead is still the head coach and will be this upcoming year. It's time to get over it and move on.

Is this dude a 007 alt?

Really Clark?
12-01-2019, 10:00 AM

He was never under Satterfield. He was the OC at NC St prior to App St