PDA

View Full Version : Strength and Conditioning Program....

DogsofAnarchy
11-30-2019, 06:29 PM
I’m not sure it’s a consensus but the vast majority on both sides of the Keep/Fire JoMo argument have agreed that the S&C Program needs an overhaul. I have personally spoken to former players and current players who don’t think much about it. Should we have hope that JoMo makes a change in this coaching position or is that a pipe dream also?

R2Dawg
11-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Need to copy what the S&C coach does in basketball. He has done some good stuff with our team.

MetEdDawg
11-30-2019, 06:44 PM
I would be absolutely stunned if there isn't a change in strength and conditioning across the board there.

A massive change would be in order in my opinion. And I have to think Joe is smart enough to see that.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2019, 06:46 PM
I would be absolutely stunned if there isn't a change in strength and conditioning across the board there.

A massive change would be in order in my opinion. And I have to think Joe is smart enough to see that.

I a fairly big guy and and still slim, it worries me when I go to autograph signings and I don't feel small around them. That has always been the case but I am 54 years old now.

DogsofAnarchy
11-30-2019, 06:47 PM

I’m sure he is smart enough to see that but is he willing to make the tough decision to make a change? We are really soft emotionally and physically and I wonder does he see the need to change that.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 06:48 PM
I a fairly big guy and and still slim, it worries me when I go to autograph signings and I don't feel small around them. That has always been the case but I am 54 years old now.

Under Mullen too?

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 07:06 PM
I’m sure he is smart enough to see that but is he willing to make the tough decision to make a change? We are really soft emotionally and physically and I wonder does he see the need to change that.

My fear is he doesn’t know who to hire.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 07:12 PM
The way this shit show is going we'll hire some guy from Calhoun City that used to own the Anytime Fitness there.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 07:14 PM
My fear is he doesn’t know who to hire.

I think his connections were limited from the get go and are probably much more so now.

vv83
11-30-2019, 07:20 PM
His first year he got all these NFL guy to follow him here. Just go hire an assistant S&C coach from NFL. Literally any of them would be better than what we have now

Cowbell
11-30-2019, 07:21 PM
The way this shit show is going we'll hire some guy from Calhoun City that used to own the Anytime Fitness there.

Apparently you don’t realize the football dynasty CC has.... tread lightly

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 07:22 PM

Not sure, apparently Joe thinks he's doing a great job. Why change anything?

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 07:24 PM
Apparently you don’t realize the football dynasty CC has.... tread lightly

Okay, the Anytime Fitness in Bogue Chitto.**

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 07:31 PM
I have two gym memberships and can run a 5K.

Todd4State
11-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Not sure, apparently Joe thinks he's doing a great job. Why change anything?

That’s my fear.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Under Mullen too?

Yes but I am 6' 2" 235 pounds with 36 inch waist?

Cowbell
11-30-2019, 08:10 PM
That’s my fear.
That’s a fact - we are past fear....

Cowbell
11-30-2019, 08:11 PM
Okay, the Anytime Fitness in Bogue Chitto.**

I’m messing with ya. I would love to see us play like those scrappy elite 2A teams do though.

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 08:12 PM
Yes but I am 6' 2" 235 pounds with 36 inch waist?

So you pretty big dude then. Basically right close to Mike LB size.

OLJWales
12-01-2019, 11:18 AM
I know we've made the fact known how bad our offense is and that we lost a lot of studs on D, but this year's D looked soft and too many defenders seemed to always be getting trucked by ball carriers. Inexperience and talent level is one thing, showing up for fall practice out of shape is another.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2019, 12:12 PM
I'm not saying we don't need a change in our S&C program (this was not MSU strength and toughness this year), as it showed that on the field, but we should still have the same program that Piroli developed and had in place. Could be a little tampering of a head coach who seems to want more finesse in his program than than that SEC type toughness. Just a thought.