PDA

View Full Version : So riddle me this with the reported buyout

Irondawg
11-30-2019, 05:52 PM
If we did have a verbal agreement with him at $4m or something why the hell would we not get him to sign something and not give him the opportunity to have any leverage?

sbt45
11-30-2019, 05:58 PM
If we did have a verbal agreement with him at $4m or something why the hell would we not get him to sign something and not give him the opportunity to have any leverage?

Because the people that speculated as such were FOS

maroonmania
11-30-2019, 05:59 PM
My take is that Moorhead thought he was only getting bought out if he lost. That's why.

SDDawg
11-30-2019, 06:02 PM

It was false, at best as a contingency plan in the works, and a bunch of folks got duped.

Dawgbite
11-30-2019, 06:06 PM
These message boards are like a herd of wildebeast, once one jumps in the croc infested river, the rest have to jump in too.

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2019, 06:45 PM
So, were the same folks that were wrong about Schlossnagle also the ones wrong about Joe is gone win or lose?

Hambone
11-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Well, the powers that be contacted C34 and asked him to run some scenarios through the board....... then multiple people ran with it because for some odd reason, what he says is gold.......

Am I close?

viverlibre
11-30-2019, 08:36 PM
These message boards are like a herd of wildebeast, once one jumps in the croc infested river, the rest have to jump in too.

haha, the best explanation of these boards.. The number of people who post regularly on message boards and have inside information = 0. The handful of those with inside information, ain't sharing it with message board losers.

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Well, the powers that be contacted C34 and asked him to run some scenarios through the board....... then multiple people ran with it because for some odd reason, what he says is gold.......

Am I close?

according to him, spot on

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 09:38 PM

The buyout was the balence of his contract. Something like 9.3 million. I got laughed at and ridiculed for saying so but that is what it iwas. Now if the rumored extension is true, that may have changed. Hopefully we didn't allow it to get bigger.

DDawg
11-30-2019, 09:38 PM

Why do you think that he has any leverage?

Basically, the buyout was agreed to a lot longer ago than everyone on here thinks. Its still TECHINICALLY in place however there have been some material changes that are going to affect how things move forward from here.

Press conference changed alot more things than everyone on here realizes. Stuff behind the scenes has gotten as tense as anything I have experienced being around the program.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2019, 09:39 PM

Am I close?

Nailed it. At least as far as this place is capable of thinking.

sbt45
11-30-2019, 09:43 PM

Basically, the buyout was agreed to a lot longer ago than everyone on here thinks. Its still TECHINICALLY in place however there have been some material changes that are going to affect how things move forward from here.

Press conference changed alot more things than everyone on here realizes. Stuff behind the scenes has gotten as tense as anything I have experienced being around the program.

DDawg, why do you think the school is choosing to relay this message through the likes of Gene and Robertson the way they have with other things going on behind the scenes?

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 09:43 PM

Seems like that would sorta lead to having no other option than to cut bait. Lotta bad blood now. Hope this doesn't adversely affect any other athletic program.

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 10:07 PM
DDawg, why do you think the school is choosing to relay this message through the likes of Gene and Robertson the way they have with other things going on behind the scenes?

And is it the school or are ?sources? just in the know boosters they trust? Until there?s an official release with quotes from the AD and Moorhead, this could just be more posturing.