PDA

View Full Version : Most likely just wishful thinking, BUT

PMDawg
11-30-2019, 04:56 PM
Any chance this is just a way for everyone to save face? Joe knows the fanbase hates him, and he told us thursday he hates us too. No way this can work going forward. None. So maybe he and Cohen met and negotiated a way out. We extend Joe and say he's staying. He takes another job, so he doesn't have to say he was fired. He left on his own terms, and he gets to flip us the bird one last time. John gets to say he let him walk because no one is bigger than the program and we won't try to keep a guy whose heart isn't here. John saves face from capitulating to Joe's demands. John gets to say we already have a lot of interest and the search should be quick. A week later, we announce Napier. Everyone wins.

I know, I'm just daydreaming about a perfect scenario that has about a 0.01% chance of being real. But, hey, it could happen! Haha.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2019, 04:57 PM
I guess until Rutgers fills their job, anything can happen

runwildjerious
11-30-2019, 04:57 PM
I will give you all of my vCash if this happens haha

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 05:00 PM
I expect Moorhead's agent is working Rutgers, BC and any opening in the northeast that opens up in the next week.

If Joe really doesn't want to be here and his family is miserable I expect he's working hard to get another landing spot. We are his fall back plan if he can't find another spot.

Lord McBuckethead
11-30-2019, 05:11 PM
I never gathered that his family is misserable here. Maybe they are.

Statecoachingblows**
11-30-2019, 05:31 PM
I expect Moorhead's agent is working Rutgers, BC and any opening in the northeast that opens up in the next week.

If Joe really doesn't want to be here and his family is miserable I expect he's working hard to get another landing spot. We are his fall back plan if he can't find another spot.

If he, or his family, were miserable before...

Bubb Rubb
11-30-2019, 05:36 PM
Any chance this is just a way for everyone to save face? Joe knows the fanbase hates him, and he told us thursday he hates us too. No way this can work going forward. None. So maybe he and Cohen met and negotiated a way out. We extend Joe and say he's staying. He takes another job, so he doesn't have to say he was fired. He left on his own terms, and he gets to flip us the bird one last time. John gets to say he let him walk because no one is bigger than the program and we won't try to keep a guy whose heart isn't here. John saves face from capitulating to Joe's demands. John gets to say we already have a lot of interest and the search should be quick. A week later, we announce Napier. Everyone wins.

I know, I'm just daydreaming about a perfect scenario that has about a 0.01% chance of being real. But, hey, it could happen! Haha.

I don't see how this allows Cohen to save face. He already looks like a bumbling idiot right now. He will look like more of one if that scenario played out. He's lost the confidence of the fan base, and that would trickle down to his next hire, too.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:37 PM

Probably will be now either way

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:38 PM
I don't see how this allows Cohen to save face. He already looks like a bumbling idiot right now. He will look like more of one if that scenario played out. He's lost the confidence of the fan base, and that would trickle down to his next hire, too.

He'd save the buyout ad avoid any media "You can't fire a year 2 coach that makes a bowl!" talk, that's not nothing. As long as the new coach is liked fans would forget pretty quick

gravedigger
11-30-2019, 05:39 PM

They arent

dawgday166
11-30-2019, 05:41 PM
They arent

You know this for a fact?

Dawgology
11-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Someone posted on another message board that this extension news was released to calm thing down for a while. If that’s the case...it didn’t work. My Facebook and Twitter is blowing up with pissed off state fans.

TimberBeast
11-30-2019, 05:49 PM
That’s the crazy thing, it’s not going to work anymore. The man is hated by most of the fan base. He’s going to have to win 9 or more games next year to get just some back on board. Even the crazy people that are backing him know that’s not possible because he has multiple flaws with his coaching / team management. Keeping him as our coach next year makes no sense in any way.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 05:56 PM
Someone posted on another message board that this extension news was released to calm thing down for a while. If that’s the case...it didn’t work. My Facebook and Twitter is blowing up with pissed off state fans.

yeah lol the fans were restless because we wanted Joe GONE, leaking the exact opposite of that isn't going to make us more quiet than if we though it was up in the air. Not buying that at all but I guess anything is possible

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Are we able to build in any sort of adjusted buyout clause in the extension? Holding out hope that we ?offered to extend? but also included some kind of clause that pays him far less relative to this year when we decide to can him next year.

Barking 13
11-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Has anyone considered that moving forward:
1. Sign a decent recruiting class on 12/18
2. Win the bowl game (or not)
3. Jomo moves on
4. Napier (or other) moves in after their bowl game

Patience my friend

Cowbell
11-30-2019, 06:12 PM
3. Jomo moves on

Patience my friend

I start thinking about this and then I realize we are...

Behrdawg
11-30-2019, 06:16 PM
I will give you all of my vCash if this happens haha

I will go into the admin page and give him 250k Vcash if it happens.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 06:16 PM
3. Jomo moves on

Patience my friend

This only happens if Joe gets another job. I think he's trying to. I don't think he's given up on leaving this year. You don't go from wanting to leave to wanting to stay overnight.

ckDOG
11-30-2019, 06:21 PM
3. Jomo moves on

Patience my friend

Why I am curious about the buyout situation with this alleged extension. If we just tacked on another year of buyout obligation, just accept the JoMo reality. If not, then you have my attention.

SteelCurtain74
11-30-2019, 06:34 PM
There is a thread on one of the Rutgers boards where they are discussing the possibility of bringing in Rich Rod.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 06:37 PM
There is a thread on one of the Rutgers boards where they are discussing the possibility of bringing in Rich Rod.

Luke is a dead coach walking too. RR and McIntyre may both bail. There's a good chance we still beat om next year if they still keep Luke.

PMDawg
11-30-2019, 08:20 PM
I will go into the admin page and give him 250k Vcash if it happens.

I'll hold you to that. Lol

ScottH
11-30-2019, 08:28 PM

At one time Moorhead was his own agent (in conjunction with a lawyer buddy of his.) Not sure if that is still the case.