PDA

View Full Version : The Nightmare Scenario Has Arrived.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 04:03 PM
I posted this in a different thread, but felt like it deserves more attention.

Moor Shitshow 2020. I would say it's unbelievable, except it is. Looks like I totally nailed the Cohen as AD hire. The Virginia Slims are a malignant cancer to this university.

As others have noted, we are EXACTLY what Northern Miss accuses us of being: Little Brother, only concerned with beating them. A place where 1-11 is indeed good enough if the 1 is Northern Miss. Thursday was the worst, most costly loss in MSU history.

Was the business community in Starkville even considered in making this decision? Because I'd bet big money they're furious and sick right now. Jughead gave everyone here the double bird and hit the jackpot. This decision will literally cost people their livelihood. I bet a half full stadium is optimistic. Starkville is going to be a ghost town next fall. That means a significant decline in revenue for people dependent on strong attendance.

I give up. We are not a serious football program. We're a club team masquerading as an SEC program. There's no point in emotionally investing in MSU football until there's a change in leadership way above Jughead.

We need to clean house of Cohen at a minimum. Maybe even Keenum. Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of the Virginia Slims and they're the real problem.

MSU: Where the soon to be 2020s are STILL the 1980s.

Rex54
11-30-2019, 04:04 PM
Flood. Cohens. Email. Inbox.

dantheman4248
11-30-2019, 04:05 PM
Nightmare scenario was losing to OM and keeping him. At least he beat them. At the rate he's tanking this program probably won't next year.

TrapGame
11-30-2019, 04:12 PM
You want a nightmare scenario?

Those bastards up north see an opportunity here with us tied to Loudmouth one more year and can Luke's fat ass Monday. They hire Napier or Norvell. They get shit turned around quick and have a good season with a bowl and beating our asses in the 2020 EB. We decide the atmosphere is not good for hiring a new head coach and we keep Jughead one more ****ing year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-30-2019, 04:14 PM
It really is. Seems the low standard old money crowd now owns the president and the AD and they like our god awful HC. This is about as bad as it can get:

Even if we do fire Joe next year, does anyone trust Cohen and Keenum to hire a new coach? They just picked which side of the boosters they're on, so if the boosters have a say it'll be the same old idiots who are apparently fine with Joe now.

Then you have the other boosters who are now rightly pissed off, probably want Cohen and Keenum gone, and probably won't donate as much as they have been. So no matter what we're losing athletics donations and some of the money people are at direct odds with our admin. That's a recipe for our athletics to slip behind in facilities and coaching salaries and then follow it up with a toxic war that might make the funding problem even worse.

And then, unless the side that lost this war wins that one, we're going to still have Cohen and Keenum/ whoever the old money people in charge want! Only if the young money somehow gains power vs now will they be able to get a real AD or control over Cohen.

Genuinely can't get a more bleak picture. Weak corrupt admin (ie care more about their power than what's best for the university) that's loyal to idiots, a war between the money men that's guaranteed to result in less donations, and a god awful coach bringing the program down, and no guarantee he'll be gone next year either if he beats OM again/ makes a bowl

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Shameless self bump